the masked singer uk is shit

K

23 hours ago, K said:

anyway Kats and Jook probably like it so sorry for dunking on your new favourite show guys love you both.

You know me too well.

Honestly, it's shit, but it's so mind-numbingly shit that it's kind of entertaining? Also I'm pretty certain that I recognised at least one of the contestants from singing voice alone, and that hooked me because I want them to win so badly.

• Like 4

On 08/01/2020 at 20:03, Gazz said:

The gf has just put this on ITV player. Downloading Tinder as we speak.

Duck is definitely Denise Lewis.

Duck is definitely not Denise Lewis. It's Skin from Skunk Anansie.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, i just find it funny that they let that air instead of editing it out of the show.

U.S. season 3 starts right after the Super Bowl. Can't wait. They've also revealed what all the costumes are going to be, including a female Monster.

I just can't believe White Tiger did Ice, Ice Baby....

A clue Nick dropped is that there have been 9 Super Bowl appearances between the contestants. That doesn't necessarily mean all are/were players. Could be some National Anthem and halftime show performers, as well. BUT..... I already have one guess:

White Tiger = Gronk

. Anyone with me on that?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I just can't believe White Tiger did Ice, Ice Baby....

A clue Nick dropped is that there have been 9 Super Bowl appearances between the contestants. That doesn't necessarily mean all are/were players. Could be some National Anthem and halftime show performers, as well. BUT..... I already have one guess:

Reveal hidden contents

. Anyone with me on that?

Yup, that was my instant guess on that one GM

I really wonder how long it'll take The Masked Singer to fall to the level that Dancing With The Stars got to.  Went from Dancing With The Stars to Dancing With The Reasonably Well Known to Dancing With People You Might Know to Dancing With That Guy That Appeared In That TV Show You Saw That One Time really fast

On 09/02/2020 at 05:17, Lint said:

I really wonder how long it'll take The Masked Singer to fall to the level that Dancing With The Stars got to.  Went from Dancing With The Stars to Dancing With The Reasonably Well Known to Dancing With People You Might Know to Dancing With That Guy That Appeared In That TV Show You Saw That One Time really fast

Dancing With The Stars has had too many has-beens and never-weres on it. Plus, I know they're on to promote the show, but are contestants from The Bachelor/Bachelorette really stars? Hannah Brown winning last season was utter bullshit. Also was not happy that Sharna, my favorite choreographer out of all the pros, didn't get to come back to defend her title.

Also, as far as MS 3 goes:

Figured out Drew Carey was the Llama when he performed in the second episode. Some of the clues from both episodes added up to it. (The radio's station's frequency = the # of episodes of The Drew Carey Show, if you take out the period, for one thing.)

Ms. Monster is possibly Chaka Khan.

i have no guesses at this time for the Turtle or Kangaroo. Some people think the Turtle could be either Joey McIntyre or Jesse McCartney and that the Kangaroo could be Iggy Azaela. i'm not convinced one way or the other for or against those choices, yet. In other words, I'm probably going to be surprised if White Tiger or Ms. Monster isn't the one unmasked this week. Depending on the clues given out. For a brief moment, after episode 2, I thought the turtle could be Paul Wahlberg, then remembered he's in his mid 50's. But some of the clues do fit.

Edited by GhostMachine

Meanwhile in the UK, I got Denise van Outen pretty easily, but I'm actually quite surprised at the level of some of the other reveals. Actual genuine singers like Ceelo Green, Jake Shears, Kelis and Skin, it seems a long way from the days of Teddy Sheringham and Patsy Palmer.

Question about U.K.: Were all the performers actual singers? If so, that kind of sucks. What I like about the U.S. version is finding out that celebrities you'd never imagine could sing actually can. 

Heidi got the Elephant about two or three bars into the song.

Of Group B, I only have two guesses so far:

Taco - Bob Saget. Full House and Fuller House take place in San Francisco, and it showed a toy trolley car during the clues. It also showed video tapes, and he was the original host of America's Funniest Home Videos. Also, thumbs up to his mic being a bottle of hot sauce.

Mouse - Dionne Warwick.  Just like Gladys Knight and Patti LaBelle, the voice is too recognizable.

Guesses I've seen posted online that have me dying laughing are Bow Wow for the Frog, Bret Michaels for the Banana, and Harry Connick Jr for the Banana. Those are all way off, and the clues do not fit. Especially for the Frog and Taco.

Edited by GhostMachine