Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jericode

The 2020 Music Thread

Recommended Posts

Because we're not waiting until March for a new thread this time.

What are we all excited for this year then? Got my eyes set on the new Green Day, The 1975 and Twin Atlantic albums, and there's a fair few others I'm hoping come to fruition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discovering that Creeper re-surfaced towards the end of last year and have a new album coming out this year was a nice little find the other day. I'm also hoping that the new Delain and ADTR albums are up to scratch. Not as fussed by the upcoming Breaking Benjamin and Evanescence albums but I'll still give them a go once they're released.

The last few years have been a little bit disappointing in terms of new album releases, be it very little to look forward to or looking forward to something which ends up being underwhelming. Let's hope that 2020 breaks that trend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Creeper will be interesting. ADTR will either be a triumph or a disaster if the change in sound is anything to go by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case people are interested, the awesome King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard have released three live albums for charity over at Bandcamp in the last few days.

After currency conversion and fees, the minimum cost is just £6.67 each and 100% of the revenue goes to charities in Australia dealing with animals injured/displaced by the bush fires.

Here are the links to the three albums, along with the name of the charity that each is linked to.

Paris -
http://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-paris-19
(Wildlife Victoria)

Adelaide -
http://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-adelaide-19
(Animals Australia)

Brussels -
http://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-brussels-19
(Wires Wildlife Rescue)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nine Inch Nails are being inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, finally.

And I guess some other bands/people are too.

Edited by tristy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DFF said:

In case people are interested, the awesome King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard have released three live albums for charity over at Bandcamp in the last few days.

After currency conversion and fees, the minimum cost is just £6.67 each and 100% of the revenue goes to charities in Australia dealing with animals injured/displaced by the bush fires.

Here are the links to the three albums, along with the name of the charity that each is linked to.

Paris -
http://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-paris-19
(Wildlife Victoria)

Adelaide -
http://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-adelaide-19
(Animals Australia)

Brussels -
http://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-brussels-19
(Wires Wildlife Rescue)

Nice. They're a cool band, kind of daunting to get into because they have such a large discography. They're playing here in April actually, I may go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

Nice. They're a cool band, kind of daunting to get into because they have such a large discography. They're playing here in April actually, I may go.

I've not had chance to see them live yet, but it seems an absolute must - one of the most talented and profilific bands of our time, and in their prime too. 

As for their (15 album) discography, I'd say start with: 

  • Nonagon Infinity
  • I'm In Your Mind Fuzz
  • Infest the Rats' Nest
  • Polgondwanaland

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nonagon Infinity is my only real knowledge of them but its damn excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jericode said:

Nonagon Infinity is my only real knowledge of them but its damn excellent.

I'd refer you to the same list then, haha. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. To learn more, see our Privacy Policy