David Beckham's MLS 2020

Szumi

I know when DC or NY come to Philly, we tend to stick them in one corner of the stadium. I’ve been to other matches against non-rivals like Salt Lake and Kansas City and they’re kind of spread out in the crowd. But rival fans tend to get clumped in the corner by the Sons of Ben, which gets all kinds of fun.

13 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

From what I remember on the MLS subreddit around that time, some of the people who switched just preferred having a team in the city itself to having to go to Carson.

The stadiums are like... 30 minutes apart, maybe 45 with traffic. Straight shot down the 110, so it feels like a weak excuse to me. Admittedly, I'm also from the South Bay so I'm biased.

I'm about 40 minutes away from RSL's stadium and have a hard time justifying going to more then one game a year, as much fun as they are. It's a totally different atmosphere then any other sport in Utah. 

I threw my back out (lol old man joke here) on Saturday and took a muscle relaxer and slept through the Philly match. Glad I did. I wish I had done it for the LAFC/Miami match. Portland/Minnesota was tons of fun though.

My goal this year is to watch more MLS, not just Philly matches. We’ll see if that lasts once baseball starts up.

My goal is really to watch more games this year, although I didn't watch much at all. Only got to watch the first half of the Philly game. Agreed Meacon, you didn't miss much. Typically poor performance.

A lot of really fun goals though on the opening weekend, with Carlos Vela's chip being straight filth. Emerson Hyndman had a beauty volley too for Atlanta.

Speaking of, Josef Martinez tore his ACL against Nashville. They just lost the best pure striker in MLS for the whole season. While Atlanta still have talent across the board, and two great attackers in Barco and Pity Martinez, they don't really have a decent back up #9 I think. Could be a huge shift in the East already.