Cover Songs

Benji

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/01/2020 at 13:15, lanky316 said:

On this note, I heartily recommend Leo Morracchioli who does metal covers of all sorts of songs and usually adapts metal songs to an interesting accoustic style, for example Slipknots Duality has a really nice oompah band style it turns out. He does all sorts of things from things like the aforementioned Africa and Take on Me to Baby Shark, The Wheels on the Bus, and everything in between. It was funny I saw this skimming down the site just as I was listening to Toss a Coin to Your Witcher from the Witcher Netflix show.

Generally uploads a song a week to his youtube channel and there's a lot of interesting tracks there to trawl through.

Was actually just coming here to post some songs of Leo, saw his cover of Bring Tha Noize tonight

(original https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1hgXfX5-U )

And I particularly love the cover of Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas

(Original but do I really need to link it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_2IdybTV0 )

• 5 months later...

Leo really does do some good stuff, doesn't he?

Here are a few of my other favorite, genre twisting covers:

Postmoderm Jukebox has a LOT of good covers, by the way.

Gotta have some Pentatonix, and I picked this because I also like Lindsey Stirling:

More Lindsey Stirling, along with The Tenors. I tend to be very harsh on Queen covers, because there's no outdoing Freddie Mercury. But this is one of the very few Queen covers that I like (along with Shinedown's version of "Tie Your Mother Down", which I don't feel like posting):

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2020 at 12:37, Chris2K said:

Listening to Leo for many months made YouTube's algorithm send this my way, and they were very right to do so. I'm sure most of you knew about it long ago though.

Disturbed is great at taking a song and making it their own.  Their cover of Land Of Confusion is great

• Like 1