twitch.tv/probablyoliver

probablyoliver

It was actually me writing in. :shifty:

But legit, KF is sorta what got me into the trade side of viddy games, so hearing Tim motherfucking Getty's read out my twitch and shit was pretty rad.

Granted it's only got me three extra followers so far but it'll be on YouTube and podcast services in a bit and who knows, maybe that drives some traffic.

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

Such a vanity project.

:rolleyes:

Also I'm going live in ten and I'm buzzing because of that shout out. Also buzzing because maybe we'll finally meet Dylan in Control and finally put that shit to rest?

Only one way to find out! 

http://www.twitch.tv/probablyoliver

Yo I'm five away from my goal of 50 followers. It would be dope it you went and followed it you haven't already.

If I hit 50 by the time I wake up I'm probably going to do like a six hour stream tomorrow and that would be fun.

If I don't hit 50 I'll probably still do it, but y'know, where's the drama in that!

Going live in about five minutes for more Control.

More excitingly, I'm two away from 50 followes, and I have a celebration planned for when I hit it (hopefully live) in this stream. That's somethin that can't be missed.

twitch.tv/probablyoliver

So last night on stream I completed Control, it ended somewhat unceremoniously, but that's more my fault than the game itself. I absolutely loved streaming it, and it's a game I'd highly recommend to anyone but I know I would've enjoyed it a whole lot more if I'd played it off stream.

The problem with Control is that there's a lot of auxiliary information, and to get the full picture it expects you to read pretty much everything you're picking up (and it's a lot of stuff) to give a better overview of who certain characters are, what's going on and why it's happening to you. Without that information, it's quite easy to get lost in the plot, as anyone who popped in and watched any of the streams can attest to.

The game itself is phenomenal, there's a few technical faults, the frame rate can be absolutely horrid at points and there's certain skills and weapons that are a little overpowered, meaning there's times when combat becomes a little repetitive unless you put restrictions on yourself, but overall it's a lot of fun. Launching pick up trucks and flying around rooms never gets boring and always feels incredible, and some of the later enemies are straight out of a Silent Hill game. It's a lot of fun.

There's also certain sections that blew my mind in ways only a couple of games ever had. There's more than a couple of moments and sequences that are up there with the 'Would You Kindly?' reveal in Bioshock or the Psycho Mantis fight in the original Metal Gear Solid, and those alone are worth the price of admission. If you saw either the final stretch of me playing, the Ashtray Maze or the first light switch, you'll know full well what I'm talking about. If you didn't, I urge you to buy Control and experience them for yourself, because those moments (and a few more) left me absolutely beaming from ear to ear.

I'm going to carry on playing the game off stream now so I can let all the supplementary stuff sink in, complete the side missions and get the platinum because by all accounts it's a totally achievable trophy list and I don't think I'm ready to leave the Oldest House just yet. I cannot recommend this game enough, it was an absolute joy.

As for what's next, tonight I'm going to do a little bonus stream of Bloodborne, because it's my favourite game of this generation and I've had an itch to get back to Yharnam recently. I also want to see how far I can get without dying, because that seems like a fun little challenge.

Tomorrow I'll be starting my next playthrough game, which is going to be 2016s DOOM, again because I've had an itch to play through it again, I reckon it makes a good backseat experience and I'm unreasonably hyped for the sequel next month (holy shit, next month). If either of those games sound like something you want to see me suffer through, make sure to jump over to twitch.tv/probablyoliver and follow the stream!

• Like 2