2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/07/desean-jackson-posts-anti-semitic-quote-on-social-media/

He's not anti-Semitic but he specifically pointed out the anti-Semitic parts. Sure DeSean. Not if, but when, he gets cut by the Eagles I feel.

Not defending what he posted in any way. It's going to be hard to cut DeSean for this, when they didn't even cut Riley Cooper for what he said. 

1 minute ago, punky said:

Not defending what he posted in any way. It's going to be hard to cut DeSean for this, when they didn't even cut Riley Cooper for what he said. 

Not comparable.  Different coach and GM at that time

52 minutes ago, Lint said:

Not comparable.  Different coach and GM at that time

Same owner though. I don't care what my coach or GM wanted to do, the owner has the last call on matters like this. Don't see Jeffrey Lurie giving the go ahead after not doing it with Cooper. There would be a lot of backlash IMO.

Edited by punky

• Admin
47 minutes ago, metalman said:

what are you doing in here Lineker? You don't even like the NFL football league.

Yes I do!

18 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

The league and NFLPA are now discussing a policy and deadlines for players who wish to opt out of the season.

Good!

Yeah we won't know until details on the policy come out.  I mean if we're talking young players on their rookie deal I could see teams trying to argue that a season shouldn't elapse off the deal if the player did not honor their part of the deal, but for free agents, NFL contracts are largely fluff outside of the guaranteed money.  And there might not be much value to shifting the contract back a year and adding to future caps.

MLB ended up settling on the player not getting paid in exchange for the season lapsing off their contract.