2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

3 hours ago, B-li Manning said:

Yeah I meant MVP.

Of course for years I heard people be like "Eli never should've won MVP of SB42!" and I doubt Mahomes will hear even 10% of that criticism.  But yeah, when in doubt the game-winning drive goes to the QB.

Yeah I love Eli but Justin Tuck should have won SB42 MVP. That d-line was absolutely relentless that day. Osi, Strahan and Tuck was just unfair!

Eli’s first MVP isnt even the least deserved MVP amongst Mannings. In Super Bowl 41, Manning went 25/38 for 247 yards 1 td 1 int and a lost fumble. 10 of his completions were dumpoffs to Addai and his TD was a busted coverage for a 53 yard Reggie Wayne TD.

Hell, the NFL posted a video of the “top play from every Super Bowl” and all of them showed the winning team’s most impactful play...except for SB41 where they showed Hester’s game-opening kick return TD.  It’s the only play anyone remembers from that game.

His cap hit for the Rams is $17.25mil this year which is completely absurd for a running back. If they manage to trade him it'll depend on whether they do it before or after his roster bonus.

It'll be a saving of $13mil before or just $5mil after. Either way they're eating $4.2mil in cap on him but I think itd be difficult to trade him before his roster bonus and probably not worth the saving to the Rams after the bonus.

I honestly think unless you have an elite, top tier QB then the only way to win is with a rookie on a good contract. Paying average QBs top QB money just doesn't allow you build a Super Bowl winning roster. 

With the likes of Goff or Dak, you're better off cutting ties and trying again in the draft. If you're paying over 14% of the cap on a QB then you're just not winning a Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, TCO said:

I honestly think unless you have an elite, top tier QB then the only way to win is with a rookie on a good contract. Paying average QBs top QB money just doesn't allow you build a Super Bowl winning roster. 

With the likes of Goff or Dak, you're better off cutting ties and trying again in the draft. If you're paying over 14% of the cap on a QB then you're just not winning a Super Bowl.

Teams will much rather the bad contract than the unknown, but I completely agree. If you can cycle through rookie QB deals with a loaded roster you could probably compete just as well as the teams with star QBs eating up a ton of salary.