2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Matt Peart is.....I dunno.  As a Connecticut guy it's always nice to see someone from UConn be draft worthy.  But barring injuries to Solder or Thomas he's probably a swing tackle at best, maybe even 4th string.  Not sure I'd use a third rounder on that.

That said, some boards have him as the 10th ranked tackle in the class, thinking the tools are there but he lacks experience.  And they'll need another tackle next year when Solder is gone.  Suppose he'll be a Marc Colombo project.

2 hours ago, B-li Manning said:

Matt Peart is.....I dunno.  As a Connecticut guy it's always nice to see someone from UConn be draft worthy.  But barring injuries to Solder or Thomas he's probably a swing tackle at best, maybe even 4th string.  Not sure I'd use a third rounder on that.

That said, some boards have him as the 10th ranked tackle in the class, thinking the tools are there but he lacks experience.  And they'll need another tackle next year when Solder is gone.  Suppose he'll be a Marc Colombo project.

Some teams viewed him as a guard so I wouldn't be surprised if he kicks inside. 

Happy the Lions picks so far. Hopefully we can continue that today. 

48 minutes ago, DFF said:

Happy the Lions picks so far. Hopefully we can continue that today. 

I am very pleasantly surprised. It's definitely not the route I wanted to take, but i can understand why to some degree. The defense needed help everywhere, you just hope Okudah was the right pick and not Simmons, Brown, or even Tua. 

Good with the RB, kind of didn't like it at first but it makes sense. Kerryon Johnson probably will always be injury prone and Bo Scarborough was a nice surprise but you need more. When I really thought about it, we were really weak at running back. I love the skillset, but the fumbling obviously is a concern (huge for me...).

Okwara, sounds good to me. May have gotten a good value here, @Mr. Meacon Moneybags Fair to say he probably goes higher if not for the broken leg? Also cool to see him play alongside his brother, so even if we suck again that'll be fun. 

And then I can see why people would be pissed that we moved up for the guard but he sounds like he can play,  and we didn't give up too much really. I bet he's a reliable plug and play starter.

• Admin

The Indianapolis Colts just selected Jacob Eason, QB. You have to wonder whether the Pats could try and trade for Jacoby Brissett now?

...and the Jets take QB James Morgan out of FIU - a name that had been linked with New England.