2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

12 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

This is the weirdest draft class I can remember the Giants ever having.  10 picks...three offensive linemen, three defensive backs, four linebackers.

I think Gettleman killed it in the first five rounds but don’t know enough about the sixth/seventh rounders to say anything.  I know you’re just looking for special teams and practice squad depth by then but not diversifying positions a bit is surprising.

Deepest WR class in the last 25 years and they didn’t take any of them.  I know their top three are solid but Sterling Shepard had multiple concussions last year and Golden Tate is 32 years old.

I think he was just playing the odds there. Not a bad idea. Take a cluster of DBs and OL and LBs and you're bound to hit on one of them, right? 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

I think he was just playing the odds there. Not a bad idea. Take a cluster of DBs and OL and LBs and you're bound to hit on one of them, right? 

Pretty much.  I feel good about the OL picks and the fourth round CB who I think could be a slot option.  The linebackers though, they paid good money to two LBs this offseason, and have a really promising guy returning after injury last year.  They’re a 3-4 team so they’ll keep 8-10 LBs on the roster but still, some of these dudes are practice squad bound.

In some ways it feels like the draft is really the end of the NFL “season”.  After the Super Bowl you’ve got the coaching carousel, then Combine, then free agency, then the draft.  Only then is it three months of nothing until training camp.

And this year, who knows....for all we know this is it for football/sports as a whole for 2020.

John Elway said we should expect Denver to sign probably 8-10 UDFA. So far, an hour or so after the draft, he's got two. <_<

https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-undrafted-free-agent-tracker/

For those that want to check their team or follow along. They're updating it as soon as things are happening. 

• Thanks 1

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

Josh McCown, probably the greatest mobile/scrambling quarterback ever to play for the Eagles.

• Admin

Sounds like Jameis Winston is signing for the Saints.

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

A.J. Green the CB has signed with Cleveland so there is hope we'll get to see A.J. Green covering A.J. Green in a live NFL game.

And the Jets have signed Lamar Jackson the CB!

Hill is a gadget player who's nearly 30 and has thrown 15 passes in the NFL. Both he and the Saints are well aware that he's not a franchise QB, they were trying to inflate his trade value to see if anybody would bite.

• Like 1