Lineker

2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Romo deserves every penny. He actually makes me want to pay attention to the announcing 

• Like 3

Romo played his cards well between his interest in playing golf (and he's good enough to maybe make a cut and be playing on Sundays) and ESPN trying to lure him away. But he's the best analyst by far and it's pretty clear CBS knew this. Glad he'll be calling likely multiple Ravens games this year.

The Jaguars will use their franchise tag on defensive end Yannick Ngakoue, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

The tag will allow them to try to trade him if that's what they decide or are forced to do.‬

Ngakoue tweeted Monday morning that his time in Jacksonville is over.

This will affect what the Ravens do with Judon since Ngakoue will both set the contract market and the trade market. Not to mention it means one less team to trade with.

DeCosta has done a great job as GM but man he got himself into a mess with pass rushers. He had to let Smith walk last season and now he might have to do the same with Judon. We can afford to have him play under the tag next season but it's not ideal. Long-term extensions for Stanley and Humphrey will free up some cap space. 

I'd love the Lions to pick up one of those guys. Must be great having a pass rush. >_>

4 minutes ago, DFF said:

I'd love the Lions to pick up one of those guys. Must be great having a pass rush. >_>

The Ravens didn't. It cost us dearly in the playoffs since Tannehill would roll out when we blitzed and thus have time to find an open receiver.

The expectation is that improving WR and pass rush are the two big off-season priorities. They're, naturally, the two hardest skill positions to improve in a single off-season.

The Jags reportedly want to move on from Nick Foles and give Minshew the reigns as QB.

It's not a terrible idea except nobody is taking that contract. Maybe (maayyyybbeeee) the Bears but it's a stretch.

Or more likely, they retain Foles as a super expensive backup before letting him go back to Philly in 2021.

The Broncos have acquired A.J. Bouye from the Jaguars in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

Carolina have traded for Russell Okung.

ESPN is attempting to negotiate a trade with NBC for Al Michaels with the idea of putting him on MNF with Peyton Manning.

Can NBC franchise tag him?

The funny thing is I thought Michaels was meant to retire a couple of years ago the last time NBC had the Super Bowl, which was the whole reason they brought in Mike Tirico.  Instead Michaels decided to stick around, though he does take some weeks off nowadays.

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

I guess Disney will send Oswald the Lucky Rabbit back to NBC now.

No way, gonna be prospects 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

No way, gonna be prospects 

True NBC actually tries new things instead of over-reliance on legacy properties.

• Like 1

Speaking of draft busts:  Jets’ DL Quinnen Williams, the #3 overall pick of the draft last year, has been arrested at LaGuardia Airport for attempting to bring a handgun onto a plane.

What a silly goose.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, B-li Manning said:

Speaking of draft busts:  Jets’ DL Quinnen Williams, the #3 overall pick of the draft last year, has been arrested at LaGuardia Airport for attempting to bring a handgun onto a plane.

To think he was one of my preferred options for the Cardinals if we were sticking with Rosen last year. I really didn't want Kyler Murray either.

I was stupid last year.