2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

On 05/05/2020 at 10:58, Maxx said:

So Patriots next year?  He seems to enjoy the AFC East

Maybe he just hates the Patriots so much he always wants to play them twice a year. 

John Clayton apparently told a Pittsburgh radio station today that the schedule is going to be all of the interconference games in the first four weeks of the season.

If true, it would give some insight towards the NFL's plans if they have to change the schedule.  The AFC vs. NFC matchups are the least important ones on everyone's schedule.  So this would mean they're planning on just cancelling those games and having a shortened season vs. rescheduling them and pushing everything later.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

You know... I was starting to think despite all this Corona BS that the off-season had been going surprisingly smooth.

Glad everyone is unhurt but damn it Earl.

Could be.

I'm still skeptical about anything happening at all.  If September rolls around and they deem the league not ready to start, I don't really see what could happen in a month to make them change their minds, especially if the fall is a likely time for an even worse outbreak.

I think if they start, it'll be on time and it'll in part be because nobody is going to be mandating quarantine for much longer.  Whether or not some players feel unsafe and try to force the NFL's hand by choosing to sit out the year is another story.

On 05/05/2020 at 03:05, TCO said:

It says a lot to Shula's longevity and dominance, that Belichick might not even match his win totals. He's 43 behind now and the Pats are the most uncertain they've looked in a long time.

I'd still argue for Belichick as the GOAT coach though. He has a higher win % and his playoff record is an absolutely absurd 30-11. 

Looking up coaching records I love that Jeff Fisher's career translates to a 8.16-7.84 or 8-8 rounded record over a 16 game season. The memes are real!

Paul Brown is the GOAT head coach until someone else has a team named after them.

8 minutes ago, DMN said:

Paul Brown is the GOAT head coach until someone else has a team named after them.

I mean, Lombardi does have the trophy named after him.

In what is a really odd occurence, the Jets and Dolphins shall be the first two teams to have back to back games basically against one another. They shall face one another, go on bye week at the same time and come back to face one another post bye