So, while these types of shows are more niche and not really deserving of threads (looking at you Steven Universe thread, even though you're the best show)... I figure a catch all thread would be better!

I've recently started watching Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts and The Owl House. Kipo is cute and charming, but Owl House is where it's at for me. It's got that 'Gravity Falls' charm/humor to it, and one of the main characters (King) is voiced by the creator of Gravity Falls. And the actress who plays Beatrice Horseman in Bojack plays one of the other main characters as a crazy witch lady! I suggest checking them out if you're in the mood for something new and exciting!

1 hour ago, Sousa said:

Finally, an EWB thread where I can do what I do best.

Gushing about She-Ra.

I've had that on my Netflix 'list' forever now, but I've never sat down and watched an episode, or anything from it. How amazing is it? 

Saw some of Kipo when I was last up visiting my daughter. Seemed pretty decent, but probably not enough to it for me to get invested.

She's more into DC Super Hero Girls (the 2019 version) at the moment, which looked like a much easier/more entertaining watch from what I've seen.

Although personally, I'm mainly waiting for season 3 of DuckTales to start.

8 hours ago, Ruki said:

I've had that on my Netflix 'list' forever now, but I've never sat down and watched an episode, or anything from it. How amazing is it? 

I think it's a little slow to get started--it has a lot of characters to introduce in the first season and generally follows the philosophy that all the side characters get their own episode (which makes sense since it's Adora and the gang going from one Magical Peasant Town to the next). Once the band is together though it ratchets up quickly and gets REALLY good. It has a good mix of emotional episodes and funny ones and knows when to both get serious and get funny--even in the fourth season, which gets pretty grim (but also happens to be the best season). It took me a bit to get through the first season, but you should watch it for what it sets up, and once I got to the Princess Prom episode I was basically binging it.

Yes there is an episode about a "princess prom" and I'm still recommending this show, it's very good.

Image result for catra scorpia

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Although personally, I'm mainly waiting for season 3 of DuckTales to start.

I thought the last season was kind of shaky but the finale really stuck the landing. The Moonlanders plot was sort of a dud to me after the excellent first Della episode, but they nailed the last act and it sets up some REALLY interesting stuff for the next season.

Yes I watch nothing but cartoons anymore.

3 minutes ago, Sousa said:

I thought the last season was kind of shaky but the finale really stuck the landing. The Moonlanders plot was sort of a dud to me after the excellent first Della episode, but they nailed the last act and it sets up some REALLY interesting stuff for the next season.

Yes I watch nothing but cartoons anymore.

Is the new TMNT any good? 

12 minutes ago, Sousa said:

I haven't watched it but yes.

I liked the 2012 Turtles series a lot, thought it stumbled a bit near the end, but I've been wondering about this one. Apparently Splinter's origin story is that he used to be a martial arts film star named... Lou Jitsu.

EDIT: WHAT JOHN CENA VOICES THE BAD GUY

15 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

I liked the 2012 Turtles series a lot, thought it stumbled a bit near the end, but I've been wondering about this one. Apparently Splinter's origin story is that he used to be a martial arts film star named... Lou Jitsu.

That's extremely Phoenix Wright Character of him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sousa said:

That's extremely Phoenix Wright Character of him.

I'm checking the wiki and this show has a great voice cast. You've got your usual suspects (the E.G. Dailys and Dave Foleys of the world) but you also have Zelda Williams! Chelsea Peretti! Timothy Simons! Sam Richardson! :w00t:

• 1 month later...

I don't know the show or anything about it, but apparently the creators of The Loud House had one of their characters transition from male to female because the voice actor was transitioning. Kind of cool.