Lockdown music discovery thread

Cymbols

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

Turns out that it is very easy to comfort listen to old stuff that you know that you like. Go figure.

I can't listen to new music while I work, and the 90s was probably the only time of my life I had the free time to listen to albums to death, so this weeks soundtrack so far has been the first Bluetones album, Version 2.0 by Garbage (which I think is the first CD I ever bought) and Nuisance by Menswe@r, the gre@test Britpop @lbum of @ll.

On 26/03/2020 at 10:47, Colly said:

Thanks to a Los Campesinos recommendation I'm listening to Camp Cope a lot. I know very little about them (think it's 3 girls from Australia) but I'd been listening to their second album for a bit without realising it was their second, I now know the first one is good.

Yep, great, totally my thing. Thanks for this. Not sure how I missed LC recommending it. 

I am trying to make a playlist of instrumental electronic music with minimal or no vocals. Thoughts on some artists? I got Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Nicolas Jaar, Squarepusher... 

On 31/03/2020 at 10:50, Jimmy said:

Yep, great, totally my thing. Thanks for this. Not sure how I missed LC recommending it. 

It was a long time ago, to the point I'd been listening to their second album for ages before I finally discovered it was their second...

Sort of works though as The Opener feels like a manifesto for the band in general.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...