Help RPS pick Marvel movies

RPS

I'm just finishing the Star Wars trilogy with my 5 and 7 year. Being couped up, I want to show them some Marvel movies. But there are so many, my kids will not be able to watch them all and some are probably just not good or age appropriate. So EWB, tell me: what are the 8 best Marvel movies to watch with my kids. I have seen a few Marvel movies, but I'm pretty open on what we watch. So what are the 8 best, age appropriate Marvel movies to watch with my kids? 

Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2 for sure. My three lovvveee those two movies, even my oldest.

Into the Spiderverse is pretty awesome,  think the kiddos would love that. (You did just say Marvel so technically not MCU but you will all like this one I think).

Also the MCU Spiderman movies, Dr. Strange.

Honestly the first three I mentioned are my top picks for kids (going off what mine like). 

I haven't seen all of them but that's my picks.

Captain Marvel would probably work fine for kids. I'd agree with Ant-Man and Spider-Man: Homecoming (Far From Home too but the plot of that has so much to do with what happened in the last two Avengers movies that it might be confusing). The GotG movies are great (and Groot in particular I'm guessing is a huge winner with kids) but whether you show them to your kids I guess depends on your approach to language, there's some profanity and the closest the MCU ever really gets to adult humor in there.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, theshadow said:

I'm in the middle of an MCU Disney+ watch through myself so basing this on what is on there. I'd say Iron Man 1&2, Thor, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2 Dr Strange and Captain Marvel. 

none of the late avenger movies? or just the 1st? 

I actually ended up buying Disney + because of this thread. I thought about it earlier this week because of the weird life circumstances right now, but decided to today because the kids talked me into not working today. It was this thread though where I was like wanting to try to watch all the Marvel MCU movies in order, we seem to have the later movies but basically anything before whatever came out after Age of Ultron I have never seen. 

Anyway, I do echo the Ant Man movies even if I didn't see the first one. The second one was a lot of fun and I'd expect the first was just as good. 

Shit, can I recommend the X-Men and Spiderman cartoons that were on Fox in the early 90s? Because I recommend those. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RPS said:

none of the late avenger movies? or just the 1st? 

Personally I've let my step daughter watch any of the MCU movies since I moved in when she was 7 but I know what she is like. I can't think why not personally i just thought those would be the ones they'd have more fun with. Forgot about Ant Man so I'd replace Dr Strange with that.

32 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

I actually ended up buying Disney + because of this thread. I thought about it earlier this week because of the weird life circumstances right now, but decided to today because the kids talked me into not working today. It was this thread though where I was like wanting to try to watch all the Marvel MCU movies in order, we seem to have the later movies but basically anything before whatever came out after Age of Ultron I have never seen. 

Anyway, I do echo the Ant Man movies even if I didn't see the first one. The second one was a lot of fun and I'd expect the first was just as good. 

Shit, can I recommend the X-Men and Spiderman cartoons that were on Fox in the early 90s? Because I recommend those. 

The 90s Spider-Man cartoon was THE DOPEST SHIT

• Like 1

Update: We put on the Avengers for the kids. They loved it. My daughter (7) was lovely and kept saying Thor had the Force when he would bring his hammer to himself. 

• Like 5

We've made it up to Ant-Man in our watch-through. Some of the movies that my better half didn't enjoy the first go around, she's actually liked better upon the repeat viewing. During Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron, I could see her enjoying it way more because she was making the connections to the future movies that she never did previously.

I feel like, if kids are trying to sit down and really immerse themselves in the movies, the later Avengers movies would be a tough watch if you're not watching everything. There's just so much going on. But if it's just something to throw on, and enjoy some superhero goodness, they'd probably be fine with basically any of the Marvel movies.

2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

We've made it up to Ant-Man in our watch-through. Some of the movies that my better half didn't enjoy the first go around, she's actually liked better upon the repeat viewing. During Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron, I could see her enjoying it way more because she was making the connections to the future movies that she never did previously.

I feel like, if kids are trying to sit down and really immerse themselves in the movies, the later Avengers movies would be a tough watch if you're not watching everything. There's just so much going on. But if it's just something to throw on, and enjoy some superhero goodness, they'd probably be fine with basically any of the Marvel movies.

My kids literally only care when people are being hit in the movies. So long as there is hitting in the movies we are good. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RPS said:

My kids literally only care when people are being hit in the movies. So long as there is hitting in the movies we are good. 

Same for my 3-year-old. She finds physical violence to be the funniest thing.