College Football 2020

Lineker

Nobody is saying any team should be ranked anywhere, but to put a moronic automatic 10 dropped spots doesn’t make sense. If a team goes 12-0, they’re going to be #1 or #2 (if they’re power 5) whether they started the season #1 or unranked. You’re saying since they didn’t play the previous year they should automatically be dropped to #11 because they didn’t play the previous year, despite going undefeated in that current year. “Sorry, BYU, we know you went 11-1 and should go to the Fiesta Bowl, but the GhostMachine logic says you will go to the Birmingham Bowl because you didn’t play your games in a previous season because the country is quarantined.”

Unless you are only talking about preseason polls in which case who the fuck cares, because those things get flipped upside by week three anyway, and it’s even more worthless to do an automatic “drop 10 spot” punishment, because they mean dick.

Again, if they were to break a rule or the law, fine, sure, punish them. If it’s for a pandemic, to punish players for something like not being able to play a season, full or otherwise, is what is moronic.

You're not getting it. What I said would drop their preseason rankings next year. So an independent team that was ranked 15 in 2019 and doesn't play in 2020 would start 2021 at 25. It wouldn't stop them from climbing in the rankings once the season starts. 

Affecting a team's ranking once the season started is not at all what I said. That would be idiotic. But if you freeze their preseason rankings, you might as well hand out participation trophies while you're at it.

Tell me ‘bout it, spud.

Just now, GhostMachine said:

You're not getting it. What I said would drop their preseason rankings next year. So an independent team that was ranked 15 in 2019 and doesn't play in 2020 would start 2021 at 25. It wouldn't stop them from climbing in the rankings once the season starts. 

Affecting a team's ranking once the season started is not at all what I said. That would be idiotic. But if you freeze their preseason rankings, you might as well hand out participation trophies while you're at it.

Ok, so preseason polls which are pointless anyway. Then sure whatever. Drop them 50 spots. Preseason polls are irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Let’s talk about potatoes more.

They're extremely versatile. In a given week you can have standard russet potatoes every day and never eat them the same way twice.

They also support a wide range of different flavor profiles from savory to sweet due to the high variety of potato species there are.

My favorite way to eat them is of course in the classic French fry, though realistically these are of Belgian origin. Especially the way I like to eat them where they are boiled to create a nice soft interior and then fried. I've recently taken a liking to the use of mayonnaise as a dipping sauce as well. Much as the Belgians do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Let’s talk about potatoes more.

Olive oil on the pan. Potato on it for a minute. Flip it, put the fork in it to open up a few minor holes. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. Any combo of rosemary, thyme, savory, sage, basil, oregano. Flip it back over. Repeat the seasoning. Bake at 400 degrees, 20 minutes on each side.

You won't regret it.

I too echo the love of the air fryer. French fries, wings, drumsticks, fish... Oh it's so good

(We need to go make a new Cooking thread, or something)

We have an air fryer, a Power Quick Pot (same thing as an Instant Pot, just a different brand) with a lot of accessories for it, and a Brinkman's Some and Grill grill (which is not very good for smoking, but grills great). Plus I got a digital electric smoker just last week. I smoked drumsticks using maple wood chips for the 4th. Heidi wants to get a convection oven to cook pizzas in.

(My uncle got a new Traeger smoker that uses wood pellets as a father's day present from my aunt, so he gave me his Masterbuilt smoker and a box of wood chips when they came over last week. I want to get some hickory and apple chips and smoke some ribs.)

Next time I do the drumsticks, which take a little over 3 hours to smoke, I plan to marinade them overnight in a mixture of Guinness, Montreal chicken seasoning, and garlic pepper, and see how that turns out. 

*edited to add* Since we bought the air fryer, I will not cook fries or onion rings any other way. Only problem is, it doesn't work well with stuff you batter yourself, unless you actually freeze it first. If not, the batter falls off.

Edited by GhostMachine

• 3 weeks later...

How would you like to take all of the risk pro players are taking, possibly more, and get none of the pay? What a great offer!

• Like 1