College Football 2020

Lineker

That was announced last week. They're a part of the ACC's 10 game +1 in-state/out of conference game deal. 

Notre Dame, for this season, will be a part of the ACC conference, a part of the standings, eligible for the ACC Championship, and the Orange Bowl. Notre Dame meanwhile has agreed to share their NBC contract money with the other fourteen ACC schools to help them out with the money they're losing. 

• Like 1

I agree. I would have no problem if all sports except those like auto racing and golf where contact with others is limited were shut down for the year. Since the virus shut everything down, I've watched the last NASCAR iRace *, the last 20 minutes or so of one NASCAR race, 2 and a half innings of a Dodgers game, and that's about it. 

*And I only watched that because it was using a track shut down a long time ago in real life that was actually one of my favoritr tracks before it closed.

:( 

I could handle all other sports being cancelled for the year, but not my college football. 

Also, there's rumblings that the conferences are more worried about the students stepping up and making noise like the Pac-12 thing, than the coronavirus. The big wigs are scared shitless the students are going to make a stand and use the Covid issue as a way to not be treated as slaves, and the conferences aren't about to let that happen. 

At least playing in the spring feels like it’ll be a safe bet.  I try not to get my hopes up much with the virus but with all the progress that’s been reported I truly believe that there will either be a vaccine or at least widely available, reliable drugs available to treat it by some time in early 2021, and our lives can at least relatively safely be normal again by spring.