TEW20 Real World BETA

So I've got things "playable", going to release a beta, to fix some bugs I may have missed, the database starts in January 2021 to make things easier, one key thing is thatdue to the drastic change with gimmicks I completly removed them from everyone to build them from scratch, so expect a lot of people to be without gimmicks.

Database: BETA #5

Edited by TheWho87

Looks good so far. Some suggestions re: CHIKARA:

- John Francis of Coronado isn't with CHIKARA anymore. Once the story came out about him grooming underage girls, he was removed as a trainer at the WrestleFactory and they stopped booking him.

- Dasher Hatfield is the current CHIKARA Grand Champion. He was an "interim" champion, but he beat Angelosetti for the title legitimately and ran him out of the promotion.

- Danjerhawk should be a face, probably added to the Xyberhawk 2000 stable. 

- Oceanea should be a heel,  and the Creatures of the Deep (Crawdad, Hermit Crab and Merlok) should all be set to faces. She recently split with them. In fact, she's not even on the roster page anymore.

- Ophidian should be a heel, he leads The Crucible, which is a sort of "invader" stable where members have to prove their worth to him.

- Willow Nightingale should be a face

- Dunno how to handle Warren Barksdale. As far as I know, he's a cop IRL and that limits his time that he can wrestle. He's still technically on the roster, but he only made two appearances last year. 

- Boomer Hatfield, Green Ant II and Thief Ant should all be faces. 

- Jigsaw is back in Chikara, as a face. He's backing up Quack and the tecnicos vs. Ophidian's Crucible. Speaking of, Kimber Lee should be heel, probably with the gimmick "Unwilling Heel". She's sort of unwillingly joined up with The Crucible. 

1 minute ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Looks good so far. Some suggestions re: CHIKARA:

- John Francis of Coronado isn't with CHIKARA anymore. Once the story came out about him grooming underage girls, he was removed as a trainer at the WrestleFactory and they stopped booking him.

- Dasher Hatfield is the current CHIKARA Grand Champion. He was an "interim" champion, but he beat Angelosetti for the title legitimately and ran him out of the promotion.

- Danjerhawk should be a face, probably added to the Xyberhawk 2000 stable. 

- Oceanea should be a heel,  and the Creatures of the Deep (Crawdad, Hermit Crab and Merlok) should all be set to faces. She recently split with them. In fact, she's not even on the roster page anymore.

- Ophidian should be a heel, he leads The Crucible, which is a sort of "invader" stable where members have to prove their worth to him.

- Willow Nightingale should be a face

- Dunno how to handle Warren Barksdale. As far as I know, he's a cop IRL and that limits his time that he can wrestle. He's still technically on the roster, but he only made two appearances last year. 

- Boomer Hatfield, Green Ant II and Thief Ant should all be faces. 

- Jigsaw is back in Chikara, as a face. He's backing up Quack and the tecnicos vs. Ophidian's Crucible. Speaking of, Kimber Lee should be heel, probably with the gimmick "Unwilling Heel". She's sort of unwillingly joined up with The Crucible. 

Are you fimilar with the current state of Chikara? If so could you give me current list of who's doing what gimmick, unlike REW16 it doesnt have to based on anything, although I'd assume most of Chikaras gimmicks would be either Comedy or Gimmicky.

1 minute ago, TheWho87 said:

Are you fimilar with the current state of Chikara? If so could you give me current list of who's doing what gimmick, unlike REW16 it doesnt have to based on anything, although I'd assume most of Chikaras gimmicks would be either Comedy or Gimmicky.

Gimmicky, Comedy, Mysterious and Realistic are probably your best bets for bases.

Going through the roster listed on CHIKARApro.com:

- Tunku Amir would probably be "Acolyte", he's a student of Ophidian and member of The Crucible
- Officer Warren Barksdale is, of course, Law Enforcement
- BLANK is.. Artist, I guess? He's currently in the middle of going insane though.
- Cajun Crawdad, I used Gimmicky basis and called the gimmick "Sea Creature"
- Lucas Calhoun is, working within the parameters of TEW, Fan Favourite (Swagger) probably?
- Callux The Castigator would be a Monster I'd say.
- Sloan Caprice & Rick Roland, "The Closers", are.. hm. Bad Asses maybe? 
- Cornelius Crummels & Sonny DeFarge are both old-timey cheats. "Bum", maybe?
- Danjerhawk, Old School Face (Classic Tecnico, perhaps)
- Solo Darling, Fan Favourite
- EM DeMorest is an Ophidian student, part of The Crucible, Acolyte maybe? Or Old School Heel?
- Devantes is part of The Crucible, (should have menacing checked too), Monster
- Xavier Faraday is an Ophidian student, part of the Forged, a stable that sided with CHIKARA. 
- Fire Ant is, of course, a wrestling ant. I did Gimmicky/Ant. Old School Face works too.
- Frantik is a Monster, I'd say.
- Frightmare is an Acolyte, a follower of Hallowicked, who follows Nazmaldun (unseen entity)
- Green Ant is, again, an ant. (Old School Face or Gimmicky/Ant)
- Hallowicked I'd put down as a Cult Leader
- Boomer Hatfield is, hm, I'd put Fan Favourite or Old School Face (or Classic Tecnico).
- Dasher Hatfield is Cocky/Arrogant. He's also currently managed by Sidney Bakabella (Joey Eastman, if you have him in the data already)
- Hermit Crab, I also did Gimmicky/Sea Creature.
- El Hijo del Ice Cream is Comedy/Wrestling Ice Cream (that's what I used, at least.)
- Travis Huckabee is Realistic/No Gimmick Needed
- Josue Ibanez I would give the same gimmick as Xavier Faraday. Again, Ophidian trainee, member of the Forged, aligned himself with CHIKARA instead of The Crucible
- Icarus, Arrogant or Cocky I'd say
- Ice Cream Jr., Comedy/Wrestling Ice Cream
- Jigsaw, he's aligned with Quackenbush, defending CHIKARA from The Crucible. Old School Face, Classic Tecnico or Fan Favourite would all work I would think.
- Kobald, Acolyte (Occult), part of the Legion of Rot, a lackey basically. 
- Matt Makowski, Ophidian trainee, Crucible member, MMA Crossover. IIRC he's a former MMA fighter.
- Molly McCoy, Dual-Sports Star, she's a hockey player and "cousin" of Boomer Hatfield
- Merlok, IDK. He's a big dude. Bad Ass? Monster? Old School Face?
- Mobius (FKA Blaxstrom), former CHIKARA student (from way back in like, 2002) who came back to defend the promotion alongside Jigsaw and Mike Quackenbush. I'd probably do Classic Tecnico, I guess?
- Frey Nassar is a Crucible member, heel, very charismatic, probably Arrogant gimmick I'd go with.
- Willow Nightingale, probably Fan Favourite. Tag champion with Solo Darling.
- Nytehawk, Old School Face or Classic Tecnico (the Xyberhawk 2000 are from "the future" of the year 2000, so I suppose Time Travelers could also work)
- Ophidian's a sort of Cult Leader I'd say. Leads The Crucible.
- Princess Kimber Lee is an Unwilling Heel (using TEW gimmicks), she's part of the Crucible but reluctantly so.
- Mike Quackenbush is defending CHIKARA from The Crucible. I personally used the "Best in the World" preset gimmick.
- Donna Rama has had like one video package about her, IIRC, not much known about her at all.
- Razerhawk is part of Xyberhawk 2000, time travelers
- The Spoiler just debuted this season. He's obviously not "the real" Spoiler, but Old School Heel would be appropriate for him. 
- Lance Steel is the original Lance Steel, and a member of The Crucible. He's also a time traveler iirc.
- Still Life With Apricots & Pears, not sure. They used to be BLANK's "greatest masterpiece", but they broke off with BLANK and are their own person now. Mysterious?
- Thief Ant, another wrestling ant
- Volgar II I'd go with Monster as well.
- Joshua Wells is another ex-Crucible guy, member of the Forged, doesn't really have much of a gimmick
- The Whisper, I went with "Mysterious".
- der Wildebeest I used the Monster preset
- ZERO is Second Generation Superstar or something to that effect. He's billed as being the son of Mister ZERO, who was retired from competition by Icarus.

I think that about covers it. If you need help digging up birthdays or stats for the Crucible and Forged guys, I'm sure I can do that as well. @LittleDaniel and @GoGo Yubari can both correct me if any of my gimmick suggestions are wrong or off.

Just now, Forked Out said:

@How The Cloud Stole Christ Maybe I'm dense but when you say "Grooming underage girls".....does that mean what I think it does?

It means he was trying to hook up with underage fans. Like 16-17 year olds.

Just now, Forked Out said:

Ah okay, not quite what I was thinking but just as bad.

IIRC, same deal with Rory Gulak. A couple of underage fans had come forward with allegations that he was being sexually suggestive/aggressive with them on Twitter.

I'm not 100% familiar with what TEW offers, but some clarification on certain people based on my memory of EWR gimmicks:

- Tunku Amir could be "Acolyte." He could also be "Evil Foreigner" (he's from Singapore and doesn't think much of Americans) or "Martial Arts" (the big thing with him in the ring is that he's the practitioner of a martial arts style called "Singafist").

- Sloan Caprice and Rick Roland would probably be "Hired Gun" if that's there. Outside of last year they've always been enforcers for someone and Sloan Caprice has been hinting on Twitter that they have a new boss.

- For Donna Rama... spoilers for this Saturday's Action Arcade, DON'T YOU DARE CLICK, CLOUDY

Spoiler

If "Split Personality" is there, that's seemingly what she is. She's a very nice, overly formal librarian type outside the ring and Sensational Sherri in the "No Holds Barred" promo in it.

- I have absolutely no clue how to classify Still Life With Apricots and Pears. If "Artist" is an option then I'd probably just do that, even though Still Life is technically a living work of art.

- Frantik could be a Monster but could also be, like... "Crazy" would be a good way to describe him.

For the record, Juan Francisco had parted ways with CHIKARA before he got exposed as a sex pest. Hard to say if he was meant to be gone long-term or not, though. Rory Gulak is the one who got terminated from being a trainer at the school.

• Like 1

TL:DR

Maybe I should have mentioned the new gimmick system, basically now the gimmick name is a free text entry box, so you can call gimmicks anything you want, you just have to define it by what style of gimmick it is based on these options

- Standard
- Bad Ass
- Dominant
- Comedy
- Swagger
- Gimmicky / Cartoonish
- Legitimate
- Weasley / Underdog
- Realistic
- Mysterious / Occult
- Offbrat / Unstable

Standard, Gimmicky, Realistic, Mysterious/Occult. That's the kind of basis you'll need for most gimmicks. The only real outright comedy gimmicks are Los Ice Creams.

Ok so based off what's been mentioned and the current roster in the mod should the following be removed

- Blanche Babish
- Donald Kluger
- Hype Rockwell
- Jasper Tippins
- Jeremy Leary
- Lithuanian Snow Troll
- Mark Angelosetti
- Oleg the Usurper
- Proletariat Boar
- Tony Deppen

And what gimmicks would be best for

- Oceanea
- Ricky South

I know I put in some new Chikara guys and I'll sign them up but I didnt have some, if their not in the mod right now I'm not adding anyone till things are more sorted out.

Yeah, none of them are listed on the roster anymore. I think Snow Troll might still be around because I think he's someone's alter ego, but IDK who. 

Oceanea would be Gimmicky, she's supposed to have been able to control sea creatures. I don't think she's on the roster anymore though. She wrestled, like, twice with them last year and isn't listed on the official roster page anymore.

Ricky South's probably Realistic/Arrogant/Cocky. He's an Australian guy who came over to do the YLC tournament, and from what I've seen of him, he's presented as a cocky heel.

If you wanted, you could add Mark Angel as an alter ego for Mark Angelosetti too. That was his gimmick prior to being in CHIKARA.

Just now, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

If you wanted, you could add Mark Angel as an alter ego for Mark Angelosetti too. That was his gimmick prior to being in CHIKARA.

He's listed as Mark Angel with a alter ego of Mark Angelosetti.

• Like 1

Last on Chikara, this is how the stables are set up now based on what's been mentioned.

Creatures of the Deep
- Cajun Crawdad
- Hermit Crab
- Merlok

Crucible
- Ophidian (Leader)
- EM DeMorest
- Kimber Lee
- Lance Steel

Devantes, Frey Nassar, Joshua Wells, Josue Ibanez, Matt Makowski, and Tunku Amir would be here but their not in the database yet.

Legion of Rot
- Frightmare
- Hallowicked
- Kobald

Xyberhawx 2000
- Danjerhawk
- Nytehawk
- Razerhawk

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Wells and Ibanez aren't in The Crucible. They'd be in their own group, Forged, with Xavier Faraday.

Also The Whisper should be in The Crucible.

Is he still with them? I thought Ophidian kicked him out for losing?

EDIT: Also, EM DeMorest, if he doesn't have the relationship already, should be considered "mentored by" Ophidian and Mike Quackenbush and a graduate of the WrestleFactory. I don't have the game open so I dunno if that's already there.

EDIT 2: Oh! Something else, now that I have the game open and am looking through the editor. Victor Benjamin and Lady Frost could be added to CHIKARA. They debuted on Action Arcade (Chikara's Saturday morning show) as Red Queen (Lady Frost) and One-Eyed Jack (Victor Benjamin, wearing a mask). They're themed as, you guessed it, playing card royalty. 

Some notes from skimming through promotions.

Pro Wrestling EVE

Roster:

Spoiler

Remove:

• Addy Starr (No longer based in the UK, was scheduled to appear for EVE in May, but those shows are off due to Coronavirus. Otherwise hasn't appeared for them since October 2018.
  • Bea Priestley - hasn't appeared in-ring for them since September 2018, Stardom and AEW commitments mean she's unlikely to again in the near future.
  • Arguably remove Charlie Morgan - she's only made one appearance since retiring. That one's up to your judgement, though
  • Remove Chihiro Hashimoto, only did a couple of shows as a guest from Sendai Girls, hasn't appeared for a couple of years
  • Maybe remove Emi Sakura - they're still on very good terms, but AEW commitments meant Emi wasn't able to make She-1 last year, and as such hasn't appeared for them since October 2019. Again, timings of bookings are hard to gauge due to lockdown, so I'll leave this to your judgement.
  • Remove Emily Read
  • Remove Heather Honeybadger, no appearances for a couple of years.
  • Remove Jamie Hayter - again, AEW and STARDOM schedule means they're working on the assumption she's done with EVE
  • Remove Jordynne Grace
  • Remove Kay Lee Ray
  • Remove Madison Eagles
  • Remove Meiko Satomura
  • Remove Olly Hogben
  • Remove Toni Storm
  • Remove Utami Hayashishita
  • Remove Viper

Change:

• Charli Evans should be a heel
  • Charlie Morgan's relationship should be set to "None" - it's currently "Dating", which would mean she's dating someone outside the industry, whereas her relationship is reflected in-game already. I'd also set her as being able to appear as an on-screen Personality, as she has done so for EVE once since retiring.
  • Set one of Dann Read's roles to "Personality" - at the moment his roster usage is as a Personality, but it's not a role he can play.
  • Emily Read currently has no active roles - I'd set personality, announcer and road agent. Though she should probably also have a starting hiatus of some kind to reflect her stepping away from the business. Change her sexuality to Bisexual.
  • Turn Jetta babyface
  • Rhia O'Reilly should be heel and in a relationship
  • Turn Sammii Jayne face

Add:

• Aleah James (babyface)
  • Chakara (heel)
  • Lauren Carnall (referee)
  • Livvii Grace (heel)
  • Mercedez Blaze (heel)
  • Nightshade (heel)
  • Rebel Kinney (face)
  • Skye Smitson (heel)

Tag Teams/Stables:

• Bad Bitches Club should be a team of Mercedez Blaze and Chakara, with very low experience
  • The Uprising should be a stable of Rhia O'Reilly, Nightshade, Livvii Grave and Skye Smitson. Cult, with Rhia as leader.

Company:

Spoiler
  • Change default announcers to Dann Read, Leah Owens and Sierra Loxton
  • I would up their popularity in the UK to put them closer to a Small promotion, as they're currently Insignificant, which basically means "they exist" and nothing much more. Up some popularity globally as well, particularly Japan, where they have been covered in wrestling magazines

I've kept Charlie to help with road agents, and Emi to keep that link cause they do tend to bring her in when they can, also I'd like to have a seperate owner and booker where possible, so might set Dann as their booker, slightly unrealistic but assists with the game.

What about their product, I think in my skim through I gave them the PWG one, also looking into company pop I'm gonna have to rejig them all.

• Like 1

I assume it's something you're also already working on, but I noticed that a lot of WWE people are just on "written" deals and therefore signing with NWA, ROH, MLW, etc. etc.