AMC bans Universal films

The Buscher

If not coming out until next year holds, AMC may be out of business before F9 is released. 

Regal is headquartered right here in Knoxville. I rode past their headquarters about two weeks ago, in fact. I even went to the opening of one of their theaters here years ago. And I prefer AMC over Regal. The only thing Regal has better than AMC is their stadium seating. AMC's rewards program is even better than Regal's. 

Concessions are also a joke. 6 fucking dollars for nachos....

But, if anyone here actually goes to AMC theaters a lot, and there's more than one close enough for you to go to, PM me for a little money saving trick.

On 29/04/2020 at 20:13, Baddar said:

I do think when a movie is available on demand instead of the cinema, the price is a bit too high. 

£16 when one person is "renting" it is excessive. A cinema ticket costs roughly £5 here. I know the expense of the day/evening out is higher, but I think the pricing should be somewhere between the two.

what? A fiver for the cinema? Are you a void into 1994?

• Like 1

VOD also has the added benefit of being available for 48 hours so you can watch it as many times as you want instead of having to pay for another ticket if you go back the next day to see it again - a rare occurrence for the most part but some people were watching End Game multiple times in theaters in a short period of time.

Honestly, I've been saying for a couple years now I would pay more than $20 for VOD if it was a movie I really wanted to see because my wife and I never have time to go out and when we do not only do we fork out the 12 bucks a pop for a ticket (more depending on the theater we go to), but we're also paying at least 10/hr on babysitting too. So $20 for a VOD rental from the comfort of my own couch is a steal for us. I'd love to see this adopted more so I'm thoroughly on Universal's side here.

Edited by St. Dubb
  • Like 1