The Last Of Us II

Hellraiser

In fairness it does look like pretty high end, which could easily set you back in the thousands but still, I dunno. If you're gonna put that sort of money down on an instrument I doubt I'd be swayed by the connection to the game but it is admittedly a very nice guitar.

1 minute ago, Hellraiser said:

I did some light googling and there are fancy high-end models that go for about the same price as this and higher. So prices like this don't appear to be uncommon for acoustic guitars. The question how this replica compares to those models. 

It's made by Taylor so you're essentially paying for the real thing. Just with a $300 dollar premium because it's from your vidja game.

• Like 1

You know what my favourite thing about this game is? The range of in-game options. You can change individual difficulty settings, like resource rarity, AI aggressiveness and stealth effectiveness, and you can also turn on directional markers with a touch of a button and even skip puzzles. It's a great way of letting the player customise the experience to their own strengths and tastes. I hope more games do this in the future.

• Like 4

You can also adjust the size of subtitles and ad a slightly translucent black background to them to make them easier to read. I have been having problems with that in many more recent games. I dunno if that is my eyesight getting worse or if they actually keep making subtitles smaller. 

Also from the look of it you don't have to craft those shitty shivs that break after one user (two if you upgrade them) anymore. That was so tedious. You have a knife now.

Edited by Hellraiser

Minor spoilers regarding an optional cutscene during day 1 in Seattle. 

Spoiler

Ellie is playing Take On Me on an acoustic guitar to Dina in an abandoned record store 😍

I'm exploring Seattle right now and I'm kinda afraid of continuing with the main story because I know things will only get worse from here. 

There is also an advertising for Pearl Jam's Lightning Bold there among all the ads for fictional bands. 

Edited by Hellraiser

I've just finished the first day, and I am just in love with this game. 

Actually find myself more infuriated the more I play that you have these cunts that have been desperate to hate it for the last two months review bombing it and having people who might not even be aware of all that shit look at the user score like it's some genuinely meaningful and honest view of the game instead of basically just loser MAGA incels crying and doing their shit.

• Like 1

They don't like one particular plot point that leaked and decided the entire game sucked because of it, and there's more than a fair share of bigotry thrown in too. So they've been determined to hate it and want it to be bad for about two months. To the point of any positive review, of which they are almost universal, are apparently all wrong, dishonest, paid for and the handful of less positive ones are the only honest ones. 

Earnest reviews have had issues with certain things about the game that I think are fair - I haven’t waded all that much into the user stuff since that is kind of expected. Legitimate complaints have to do with pacing, overall theme and how it’s delivered on, etc. These are all fair things that don’t touch on the MAGA angle and are instead aspects you could have an opinion about in most any game.

But yeah, if you’re hearing about it on Twitter or Reddit, it’s probably the MAGA crowd.

• Like 1