Sign in to follow this  
GA!

Marble Sports

It's a real sport, please don't discriminate against these heroic, hard-working marbles.

Β 

The 2020 Marble League got underway last Sunday, with the next round, the Halfpipe, happening tomorrow. Here are the videos so far for anyone who wants to catch up:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Just to note about SPOILERS: hide any information about past Marble Leagues, Marbula Ones & Es, and the Marble Rallies behind the tag for a couple of weeks in case anyone wants to catch up. I'll paste in links for all the other events shortly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I watched the last Marbleympics by accident and I couldn't stop.Β  The Marbula One was less exciting, will watch this though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GA! said:

It's a real sport, please don't discriminate against these heroic, hard-working marbles.

Look - if we have to have a golf thread (certified not-a-sport), we can sure as hell have a marbles thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

what?! this isn't marbles! marbles is when you try to knock them out of the ring. load of shite this.

Β 

oh wait, this is actually brilliant. I like this. It's much better than the real olympics.

Edited by metalman
  • Like 2

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ML2020 spoilers:

Spoiler

Slightly disappointing start to ML2020, would have liked the O'Rangers to be slightly higher than joint tenth after the first event. Though, given the shoddy balancing performance in the qualifiers, it's an improvement I guess. :(Β Β 

Β 

• Like 1

ML2020 First Round:

Spoiler

I'm surprised the Bumblebees finished 8th after their poor performance. It says more about the rustiness of everyone after a long break that the scores were so low compared to last year.

Β 

9 hours ago, metalman said:

what?! this isn't marbles! marbles is when you try to knock them out of the ring. load of shite this.

Ah, a Collison man!

Β 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GA! said:

Just to note about SPOILERS: hide any information about past Marble Leagues, Marbula Ones & Es, and the Marble Rallies behind the tag for a couple of weeks in case anyone wants to catch up. I'll paste in links for all the other events shortly.

There was a thread on Reddit that listed every event to date but I can't find it now. Their website summarises it up nicely: https://www.marble-sports.com/series/

Note that it doesn't include side-projects like Marbula E which is running races at the same time Formula E would've done if it had not been consolidated into Berlin, and sponsored projects like Last Marble Standing.

I'm a Limers fan, therefore I despise all Marble-related activities.

Β 

Seriously though, it's fantastic, both in terms of the action and the presentation.

• Like 3

As a Thunderbolts man, I look forward to another year mired in the midfield. Plus soon it'll be time for the Sand Marble Rally and my boy Superball!

• Like 3

I love the Thunderbolts kit. Dark blue with yellow swirls, phwoar.

Marbles might seem appealing right now because it’s so much more wholesome and innocent than the other sports, but just you wait until the Raspberry Racers get caught up in a sexual harassment scandal.

14 hours ago, Lineker said:

we have to have a golf thread (certified not-a-sport)

No we don't, delete it.

• Like 3

Thunderbolts are my second team, and usually who I have to support after the inevitability of the Limers not even qualifying.

I mentioned the production earlier, some of my favourite parts are the "crowd invasion" or other random events filmed in stop motion, also Greg Woods does a great job of making it sound like a proper sporting event whilst managing the confines of what are essentially inanimate objects.

Β 

• Like 1

I honestly think I may like this more than any actual sport I follow. :wub:

53 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Thunderbolts are my second team, and usually who I have to support after the inevitability of the Limers not even qualifying.

I mentioned the production earlier, some of my favourite parts are the "crowd invasion" or other random events filmed in stop motion, also Greg Woods does a great job of making it sound like a proper sporting event whilst managing the confines of what are essentially inanimate objects.

Β 

Greg Woods is such a massive part of why I love the channel, like you said he makes it feel so real. Adding him to the Marbula E races made them much better and he developed some nice chemistry with the other guy by the last couple of races.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, metalman said:

Marbles might seem appealing right now because it’s so much more wholesome and innocent than the other sports, but just you wait until the Raspberry Racers get caught up in a sexual harassment scandal.

The biggest scandal (...so far...) is how the Jungle Jumpers once slept in and missed one of the events.

Halfpipe spoilers:

Spoiler

gOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOld

Β 

• Like 1

I'm surprised how much I enjoy this.

Is there a difference in teams aside from colour? For example, do some marbles weigh more or is it all basically luck on which ones win?

11 minutes ago, KJE said:

I'm surprised how much I enjoy this.

Is there a difference in teams aside from colour? For example, do some marbles weigh more or is it all basically luck on which ones win?

Talent, hard work and dedication too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There are also the doping allegations against the Oceanics, can't forget those.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By TheWho87
      So here is the update for July, after last month now most of the big companies have their gimmicks set up in contracts, there are still some missing, mostly for lower level promotions that I don't follow too much so if you can help, this is a list of promotions I need gimmicks for. Then there has been all the fun and games going on the past month, firstly Chikara is now closed down, I know there has been a change in management with Progress, but until they start running shows again because right now we don't know what's going on and who's doing what. Then there is the allegations, I've added some changes, probably missed a few, if you notice anything missing just mention it, there was far too much to follow to get it all in and as I mentioned I was not really following it too deeply so things may have been missed. Other than that a few workers added (LIST), mostly workers from Gatoh Move and that large fellow that's in NXT that they had as the big ninja. But other than that just the usual updates for the month, nothing too dramatic, if something was missed mention it and I'll fix it for next month.
      You may notice there is no updated graphics this month, two reasons, firstly I don't think I added much beyond a broadcaster logo, and secondly I'm overhauling the belt folder, long story short I'm getting new belt cuts and renaming the pictures to be more accurate to the pics, for example I'm splitting the WWE, WWF & WWWF titles under their respective names, same with Impact and TNA, most pics should still work bit I do think I changed a couple, I'll also be removing the placeholder images from the pack (Those black "No Pic" ones) and including belts that are not featured in the mod, when finisshed I'll likely do the same with the other folders areas of the pack, basically adding more options and turning it into a multi use pack.
      Enjoy
      Β 
      Database: July 2020
      Graphics: June 2020
      Workers: June 2020
      Worker Expansion: June 2020
      Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.
      TEW Mods by TheWho87 are now on Discord
      Β 
      Frequently Asked Questions
      Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
      Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date.
    • By mkpunk
      This month's update is only lite since it is mostly birthdate updates.
      https://www.mediafire.com/file/8ti356i3t8hu405/July_Lite.zip/file
      How to succesfully import data.
      By folder:
      Select the folders you wish to copy from the export folder.
      Right click and select copy.
      Go into your EWR42 folder.
      Right click and select paste.
      When asked to update existing files, check yes.
      By file:
      Select all the files you want.
      Right click and select copy
      Go into your EWR4-2 folder.
      Go into the sub-folder you are transfering over (DATA for data, PICS for worker and staff pictures, etc.)
      Right click and select paste.
      When asked to update existing files, check yes.
      I would STRONGLY advise NOT to do it for a save file.
    • By mkpunk
      A lot of changes in this update. Thanks to HPXSpectrum, I have a huge update of Joshi talents. I also have added a number of AEW jobber wrestlers and Mike Tyson. A number of talents were moved to staff namely Davey Richards, Kris Wolf, Larry Dallas, Misaki Ohata and Takashi Iizuka.
      I added Shahid Khan as AEW's owner and make Tony a writer. The Nightmare Factory is their training facility. The only trainers I have for it are Ray Lloyd and Carolyn Cullari.
      Going forward EWR updates will coincide with major events (at least until MLW and RoH run regularly.) The schedule being:
      July: Reflecting events related to TakeOver: In Your House and Fyter Fest
      September: Reflecting events related to a possible Takeover, SummerSlam andΒ related to All Out (happens early in September)
      December: Reflecting events related to Bound for Glory?, Full Gear?, a possible TakeOver: War Games and Survivor Series)
      I have a full and a lite data for this update.
      Full: data, all logos, banners and a good portion of the pictures for Staff and workers
      Lite: data and pics for new workers
      Copying EWR data save:
      Β 
    • By TheWho87
      So here is the first major update from me for TEW 2020 starting in June, a couple of big changes over the beta version, firstly the venues and locations has been completely overhauled, tidied up and expanded, venues were then copied and then turned into locations, rounding up capacities to the next round number for every 5,000, from 5,000 to 100,000, with the highest capacity representing the highest possible capacity venue for that location. Secondly the match types has been overhauled and expanded and is around doubled in size, after going through what was already there I then started a quick research and expanded the match types, firstly into cinematic matches, where most notable matches (Hardy's Compound, Boneyard & Jungle Island) have a generic variant (Compound, Graveyard & Desert Island), there is also a generic "Cinematic" match as a base you can clone with instructions on how to create your own. There are also a lot more deathmatch variants available, along with some that just add some flavour text for results.
      There is still much that needs improving, but there has been 1-2 years tests and things are mostly stable, I've fixed up things that may have caused issues. but from the feedback from that it appears to be realistic. So as usual, if there are any problems or anything that needs changing post them below.
      Enjoy
      Β 
      Database: June 2020
      Graphics: June 2020
      Workers: June 2020
      Worker Expansion: June 2020
      Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.
      TEW Mods by TheWho87 are now on Discord
      Β 
      Frequently Asked Questions
      Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
      Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date. They may also have their titles histories included, if they do you need to go into "Title Lineages" and remove their most recent record (identified with a "= -" or "= - #" before their record name). You can then activate the title (all closed promotions titles are retired) and then set the champion if they are under contract.
    • By mkpunk
      https://www.mediafire.com/file/9c5tqgb1y3srh4d/April.zip/file
      Β