Marble Sports

GA!

It's a real sport, please don't discriminate against these heroic, hard-working marbles.

The 2020 Marble League got underway last Sunday, with the next round, the Halfpipe, happening tomorrow. Here are the videos so far for anyone who wants to catch up:

Just to note about SPOILERS: hide any information about past Marble Leagues, Marbula Ones & Es, and the Marble Rallies behind the tag for a couple of weeks in case anyone wants to catch up. I'll paste in links for all the other events shortly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ML2020 spoilers:

Spoiler

Slightly disappointing start to ML2020, would have liked the O'Rangers to be slightly higher than joint tenth after the first event. Though, given the shoddy balancing performance in the qualifiers, it's an improvement I guess. :(  

• Like 1

ML2020 First Round:

Spoiler

I'm surprised the Bumblebees finished 8th after their poor performance. It says more about the rustiness of everyone after a long break that the scores were so low compared to last year.

9 hours ago, metalman said:

what?! this isn't marbles! marbles is when you try to knock them out of the ring. load of shite this.

Ah, a Collison man!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GA! said:

Just to note about SPOILERS: hide any information about past Marble Leagues, Marbula Ones & Es, and the Marble Rallies behind the tag for a couple of weeks in case anyone wants to catch up. I'll paste in links for all the other events shortly.

There was a thread on Reddit that listed every event to date but I can't find it now. Their website summarises it up nicely: https://www.marble-sports.com/series/

Note that it doesn't include side-projects like Marbula E which is running races at the same time Formula E would've done if it had not been consolidated into Berlin, and sponsored projects like Last Marble Standing.

Thunderbolts are my second team, and usually who I have to support after the inevitability of the Limers not even qualifying.

I mentioned the production earlier, some of my favourite parts are the "crowd invasion" or other random events filmed in stop motion, also Greg Woods does a great job of making it sound like a proper sporting event whilst managing the confines of what are essentially inanimate objects.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Thunderbolts are my second team, and usually who I have to support after the inevitability of the Limers not even qualifying.

I mentioned the production earlier, some of my favourite parts are the "crowd invasion" or other random events filmed in stop motion, also Greg Woods does a great job of making it sound like a proper sporting event whilst managing the confines of what are essentially inanimate objects.

Greg Woods is such a massive part of why I love the channel, like you said he makes it feel so real. Adding him to the Marbula E races made them much better and he developed some nice chemistry with the other guy by the last couple of races.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, metalman said:

Marbles might seem appealing right now because it’s so much more wholesome and innocent than the other sports, but just you wait until the Raspberry Racers get caught up in a sexual harassment scandal.

The biggest scandal (...so far...) is how the Jungle Jumpers once slept in and missed one of the events.