G4 returns in 2021

tristy

Notably, people like Morgan Webb, Adam Sessler, Olivia Munn, Kevin Pereira, Blair Herter, Jessica Chobot, Blair Butler, Alison Haislip, and Sarah Underwood, and a bunch of Funhaus people (Elyse, James, Bruce, Alanah, etc) have all commented on either this tweet, or the one from the Attack of the Show or X-Play accounts.

Cesaro, Xavier Woods & Ron Funches have thrown their hats in to work with G4, too.

If this is a streaming service, sign me up. If it's a new cable channel, I'll make sure I have it in my cable package. Whatever it is, I'm there. I miss G4 like crazy.

EDIT: Apparently the leading rumor is that it'll be on Peacock, NBC's streaming service. They have a PlutoTV-like section where it's live, 24/7 programming with curated channels. Code Monkeys is already on there, so it's not out of the realm of possibility for it to happen. Some shows would probably be revived as Peacock Originals, while the existing back catalog would be added and used to pad out of the live stream.

Edited by tristy
  • Like 3

Oh, Peacock makes sense as a provider that would actually do this given that they're trying to differentiate themselves from the pack by having actual live channels. So they could do a channel for G4 that's like 80% repeats and then maybe at a set time for two hours a day or so they air new programing.

The only times I ever watched G4 was for Ninja Warrior and that window of time where they were airing E3 press conferences live, tbh.

I know some people who'll love this but I need the clock to roll back more. All my nostalgia is wrapped up in the Tech-TV era. You put Martin Sargent back on my TV and I'll watch.