MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

Apparently two epidemiologists had recommended to MLB that three or four players from one team testing positive should be the point where the team shuts down.

So if that happens, do they forfeit every game they miss?  The season is already on a tight timeline and you can't very well make up for missing an entire week.  At the same time, every game means so much in this short of a season and I can't imagine handing out free wins to teams is going to go over well with the players.

I fail to see how this season is going to be completed, let alone with any competitive integrity.

I liked when the Mets player hit the cardboard cutout the other day. I think they should award you runs for hitting specified cardboard cutouts. Like 3 runs for hitting a Marco Rubio cutout. 5 runs for Justice Samuel Alito. And so on.

32 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

I think if MLB wants to get the season done the Marlins will have to forfeit games. No other way around it.

Phillies just played them, if their players start coming back with positive tests same thing there... And then the Phillies opponents and so on.

Anyway Orioles-Marlins got cancelled. The dominos are falling.

• Like 1

Eight more Marlins players and two more Marlins coaches have now tested positive.  14 positive cases total from just the Marlins alone in the last week.  It's a full blown outbreak and now it might've spread to the Phillies plus any umpires and clubhouse staff.

Cancel the season.  Wipe what little of this season was played off of the records, pretend it never happened and hope we've got a vaccine by February.

13 hours ago, B-li Manning said:

Rick “5.55 ERA” Porcello gets bombed in his first outing as a Met.  And he’s their #3 starter now after Syndergaard and Stroman went down to injury.  Because rather than go after a good pitcher that would’ve cost money the Mets went after reclamation projects in Porcello and Wacha.

Pleeeeeease buy the team, Steve Cohen.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/1205171182930055168

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welp. That was the last thing the league needed. Now they might as well shut it down. 

MLB wouldn't do the bubble thing in Arizona. NBA 1-0 MLB

Also, isnt Yankees gonna play Philly? 

Edited by DanishmadePunk

Governor Wolf in PA has been one of the most stringent in terms of shutting down gatherings.  Beyond the Phillies himself, I can't imagine he's happy to know that hotel workers in Philadelphia have been exposed to an infected baseball team.

All it's going to take is him banning Phillies and Pirates from hosting games and that'll probably be enough to force MLB to set off more dominoes, Cuomo would probably shut down the Mets, Yankees, and now Jays as well and that'll be that.

Weren't the Braves and Marlins involved i a bruhaha recently? 

Yeah the players weren't going to agree to anything that forced them to be locked away from their families for a few months. NBA is basically doing that but it's at the end of the season and not the start, so motivation is a little higher to see out a good campaign to try and win a championship.

Unless you're Lou Williams.