Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

I thought it would be appropriate to start this thread because the season starts one month from now (on 12 September) and because we have also found out that the fixtures will be announced on 21 August.

We don’t know much at this stage, but I think it is safe to say that each team will play 38 games, coming up against each of the other 19 teams once at home and once away. There will of course be the standard 26 December game and exhaustive festive run, because tradition > common sense.

Apart from when it comes to introducing VAR, of course.

I hope all your teams exceed expectations this season, even though such an occurrence is impossible given that if one team is to perform better than expected, another must, sadly, fall up short. I can only pray that those of you who find their team in this position will not take this disappointment too hard.

Finally, I want to say a little bit about why I have started this thread, despite not really supporting any one Premier League team (although I am of course happy to see West Brom and Fulham returning to the top flight after a lengthy absence; these giants of the game have been away for too long). I have started this thread because we all need to chip in and help Lineker. We sit idly by while he starts all these threads and it’s just not on. The poor boy isn’t getting any younger and I’m starting to worry that he might burn out. I wouldn’t want to see that, so get your shoulders to the wheel everyone.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Pressing question. If we start all these threads then what will Lineker do while he's at work?

I’m not saying I want Lineker to stop making threads completely. Lineker is one of the best thread creators I’ve ever worked with and he still has a lot to offer EWB. I’m just saying it is time we give a chance to some new blood coming through. We’ve got some great potential at EWB but they aren’t getting the thread creation opportunities they need.

Lineker has so much experience, he’s a great presence at the training ground and he works really well with the up-and-coming thread creators. I still see his future as being with us. He just can’t be creating threads as regularly as he once did. There’s a point where the mind might still be there, but the body is screaming no, and we can’t turn back time. We’re just going to save him for the threads that really matter.

9 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Probably watch Ollie on Twitch.

Or that, I guess.

Edited by metalman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, metalman said:

I’m not saying I want Lineker to stop making threads completely. Lineker is one of the best thread creators I’ve ever worked with and he still has a lot to offer EWB. I’m just saying it is time we give a chance to some new blood coming through. We’ve got some great potential at EWB but they aren’t getting the thread creation opportunities they need.

"And Lineker, you big bald son of a bitch, kiss my ass!"

vince4 (1).png

• Lineker changed the title to Premier League 2020/21
2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Burn out is always a real concern, tbf.

If you need someone to talk to about your performance anxiety, I am qualified.

18 hours ago, Baddar said:

Comm Shield discussion almost always takes place in the PL thread. 🙄

It's equally FA Cup, as it is Premier League.🙄

I'll be having my lengthy discussion about the Community Shield in the FA Cup thread if anyone wants to join me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Did anyone else notice that Arsenal essentially saved around £37.5k p/w in savings by the 55 redundancies, which is pretty much exactly the amount the club would've saved if Ozil took the 12.5% pay cut? 

Obviously I do not think that Arsenal as a football club would eliminate 55 jobs just because of Ozil not taking the pay cut and wanting to try and make him look even worse, but it's just incredibly weird how it's pretty much the EXACT amount, how much Arsenal is saving by taking away the jobs of 55 people and how much they would've saved from Ozil's pay cut