Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

Guest themachine

This was a great diary, it's a shame it's over. One thing though:

I hatehatehateHATE the "ghost narrator" not only because it's cliched, but also because it's ridiculous. And to make it Owen Hart just leaves this journal ending on a sour note.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if the diary had run longer it would have made more sense as I would have given the narrator more of Owen's character. Although I wanted to make this thing have an ending and that's why I done it.

*EDIT - No it's not an April Fools either. It's just time for this thing to slip to the bottom of the dome and for a rest.

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

It's over?

I've read this since Turning Point came out, and i go to the record by saying that i loved this a hell lot. Somewhy, i never replied, never predicted Final Resolution's results or even told anywhere that i love this thing.

Wow, Owen Hart? Didn't see that coming. The ending was a bit stupid as it came so quickly, but i believe you; i guess it would have made sense if you would had continue this more. I really wanted to see you post Against All Odds. The Handicap match extravaganza sounded very cool.

This also was very realistic. I mean, it was like the real TNA, but it was more fun to watch. I would have wanted to be at Final Resolution, it was a lot better here than in reality. Somewhy, Jeff Jarrett always being the champion in here didn't harm me so much. This had the magic that all of the diaries should have. I just don't understand why you didn't quit this to 'Resolution? Why do one more Impact! spoilers? Why did you even quit this? I don't get it, i thought everything was fine.

What ever the reasons and the answers are, i just wanted to say even once that you always had me reading this. Good luck for your next venture, man! :)

Guest Blade

damn this is really bad, the diary was great just as i knew it would be but as always you will continue to shine tafka in different diaries you do congratulations on one of the best diaries of this year imo. thanks for the entertainemnt tafka

• 2 months later...

user posted image

Well, like they say, good things...never come to an end.

I guess this is the same here, huh?

Although I know that's up for you to decide.

Yes, Owen has gone. Yes, he left the story miles before its true conclusion. Yes, I bugged him enough about it.

But well, if a jobs worth doing, they always say it's worth doing yourself...

So from this day forward you have me to tell you the tale. But I'm not here for some grand revelation at the end of the tale, this isn't about me, unlike how I think it could have been Owen before.

This is about TNA, and how they went from their first 3 hour Sunday Pay-Per-View, to the future.

And this is how this is going to continue from here on in.

There is more of this tale to unfold yet.

So, let's re-start this thing shall we?

Regards,

Your New Narrator

WooHoo! :w00t: Possibly my favourite diary ever returns. When I came on the board and saw this topic I got all excited and then thought it would just be some fool bumping a dead diary. Imagine my surprise and excitement when the last reply just happens to be from the author itself.

Like I say this diary is a real favourite of mine and I enjoyed every bit of it so far including the PPV review and I just hope it continues in the same vein for the future as it was always full of excitement.

Although now I wish I had never asked about the patriots in Q&P. But I'm sure I'll soon forget the dissapointment from that.

Good luck with it and just in case I didn't mention I'm glad its back. (Y)

Of course, some of you have already seen most of this product in my post in the Questions subforum, but here it is finished now...

user posted image

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling:

Impact! Results – Friday 21st January 2005

Impact opened with a highlight video from Final Resolution that ran through all of the major events from the third three-hour TNA Pay-Per-View. It started with the debut of Vampiro as he aligned himself with Konnan and proved the deciding factor in the Konnan/Diamond Dallas Page match. From there the video moved on to the NWA Heavyweight Championship match with Jeff Jarrett and Randy Savage. It ran through the closing moments of the match…before showing Lex Luger’s TNA return and his influence on the match, to allow Jarrett to retain the title. The brawl that resulted between all three men trailed off into brief highlights of the two X-Division encounters, with Petey Williams defeating Chris Sabin to win the X-Division title…and Elix Skipper defeating ex-partner Christopher Daniels. The Jarrett, Savage and Luger brawl was then shown again before moving on to the final part of the video. Which concentrated on the Monty Brown/Abyss match…it showed Brown busting Abyss open, before showing the three way brawl head back out to ringside and Randy Savage accidentally costing the Alpha Male the match. The final images of Jeff Jarrett, Abyss and Lex Luger celebrating up the ramp were contrasted with Randy Savage and Monty Brown dejected in the ring…

Dusty Rhodes Makes Some Announcements

The video ended with TNA’s Director of Authority Dusty Rhodes heading down to the ring alongside his theme music – and a mixed reaction from the Orlando crowd. He climbed inside the Six Sided Battleground and took a microphone from Jeremy Borash…

Dusty Rhodes: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have come out here because I have just been informed of some news from TNA’s Head Office in Nashville. An’ this news is some big news!

Dusty dwelled on his announcement for a moment before continuing…

Dusty Rhodes: It appears like the Alpha Male Monti Brown…has decided to end his contract here in TNA! So, from this moment on ladies and gentlemen…the Alpha Male is no longer a TNA wrestler, he is gone!

Boos just filled the arena on that announcement, the crowd didn’t like that news at all!

Dusty Rhodes: Very sad…Very sad…but hey! I’ve got some other more important news to announce anyways – so let’s keep this thing movin’! Now, I hope all the boys in the back are crowdin’ around the monitors right now… ‘cause you boys need to hear what i’ve got to say rite now.

Dusty Rhodes: I am the TNA Director of Authority…and you boys need to learn to respect me. An’ I will not stand for anyone disrespecting me! (laughs) Yea, now while I think about it, Monti Brown is a good example of that…he didn’t have any respect for me, and he doesn’t have a job anymore…

More boos from the crowd as Dusty laughed to himself, he really didn’t like the Alpha Male during his time here in TNA.

Dusty Rhodes: An’ just to say one other thing…if someone in the back wants to play mind games with the American Dream himself by locking the security in last Sunday at Final Resolution…they had better think again!

Dusty waited for a moment, as if he was waiting for a response – before finishing up…

Dusty Rhodes: But ma’ work doesn’t end there tonight folks, ‘cause I need to make ma decision about who is gonna get a title shot at Against All Odds in February! So, I’m gonna go away and think about that – and make ma decision later! Have a good show.

Dusty’s music started to play again as he was booed out of the ring…no-one was happy with his announcements at all. Especially the shock news that Monty Brown had now left TNA…

69%

-: commercial break :-

It’s Not Over, Jeff…

Impact returned from the first commercial break with Jeff Hardy having just arrived at the arena. He was walking along with his bags backstage towards his locker room, when he stopped. The camera pulled back to reveal Raven was standing in his path…with a Noose in hand?!

Raven: Jeff Hardy, I just wanted to come and congratulate you on your win last Sunday…

Hardy just stood there and readjusted his bag, Raven meanwhile raised a smirk before continuing…

Raven: But when you won that match Jeff Hardy, you made yourself more of a target in this world. Because, if you hadn’t rebelled against the natural proceeding of things…you wouldn’t be in this situation right now. You could have been struck off the list Jeff, you could have been safe…

Raven played around with the Noose he was holding…

Raven: But now Jeff, this still isn’t over. And as a man with destiny to be fulfilled…I won’t stop until it is…over.

Raven shoved past Hardy and disappeared out of view as the action went back to ringside…

77%

Tag Team Match

America’s Most Wanted vs. New York Connection

Where America’s Most Wanted were already half-way down the ramp. They were ready for tag team action against the team that lost the NWA Tag Team Titles at Final Resolution…The New York Connection. When they were also in the ring it was to be James Storm to start the match against Simon Diamond…and it was the ex-tag team champions who took the early advantage in this contest. Diamond whipped Storm off the ropes and caught him down into a neckbreaker before getting a two count and eventually tagging in Swinger. Swinger repeated the whip off the ropes, but planted a suplex instead and turned to knock Harris off the apron! The Wildcat’s attempts to get into the ring for some revenge were prevented by referee Mike Posey, but this allowed the NYC to double team Storm with a double suplex into a cover. Swinger got the two before the Cowboy kicked out. However he quickly managed to make a tag to Harris as Swinger took his time to get up from the pin. This allowed AMW to take back the advantage with Harris knocking Diamond off the apron to the floor – and straight into a brawl with Storm! Harris came back across the ring and countered a low blow attempt into a kick to the face, and the Catatonic for the 3! This was not the NYC’s week! Diamond slid back into the ring to help his defeated partner as Harris and Storm celebrated all the way to the back.

Winners: America’s Most Wanted

Time: 5:24

Match Rating: ***

74% - 62% - 86%

Interview with Piper and Snuka

Backstage Shane Douglas was shown standing by with Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka. Who both looked pretty happy with themselves – and they had reason to be. For the second month running the “old timers” had put one over the young guns of Kid Kash and Dallas on Pay-Per-View…

Shane Douglas: Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka we all really want to hear what comments you two have about your tag team win at Final Resolution…

Rowdy Roddy Piper: Well Shane y’know it was a great win! And to make it even more sweeter we once again managed to pull the win out over that little brat Kid Kash and that big bas…Dallas! It really couldn’t have gone much better! I think the thing we hope now though Shane Douglas, is that they both move on and let this thing die, let it down into its grave…because it is over Shane Douglas!

Voice: Wo, wo, wo there old man! What do you mean, this thing is over?!

Unsurprisingly Kid Kash walked into shot shadowed by his partner Dallas…

Rowdy Roddy Piper: Nice to see you two guys kissed and made up, ‘cause last time me and the Superfly saw you both – you weren’t exactly bosom buddies! 

Piper then looked above Kash into Dallas’ eyes and continued with what he was saying…

Rowdy Roddy Piper: (Turns and also points at Snuka) Also, if I remember correctly the last time you two saw each other – wasn’t Jimmy Snuka pinning your shoulders to the mat…one, two, three?! Huh?!

Dallas just frowned further as Piper interrupted Kash as he was about to speak.

Rowdy Roddy Piper: Oh no, don’t you say a word Kid Kash. We have already said this thing is over! And that’s all that needs to be said…

Kid Kash: Stop being smart with me Piper…because as it so happens this stuff between us, isn’t over yet. Me and Dallas have just got back from seeing Dusty Rhodes…and it just so happens we are on the lookout for a third man who also wants to bury the careers of the crippled, maimed wrestlers around here…oh and look I only see two here!

Rowdy Roddy Piper: So this ends at Against All Odds, huh?

Kid Kash: Oh yeah it ends alright, and we will have a third man to meet you two. So don’t expect to win this one old timers! But hey, time’s movin’ on and we will no doubt be seeing you both later. Just remember, 3 on 2 Handicap match at Against All Odds. Its gonna happen! 

Kash and Dallas wandered off screen as Piper turned to his partner…

Rowdy Roddy Piper: Kids today! They loose a ball and they go back to try and get it. They loose another ball and they still kick up fuss! They just won’t leave the damn ball alone!

Piper and Snuka then stormed off screen in the opposite direction. It now seemed Against All Odds would see the final chapter of the old generation verses the new generation. 3 on 2 Handicap match…but just who would also be a part of it? That would have to wait…

69% - Jimmy Snuka gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Chris Sabin vs. Christopher Daniels

Back out at ringside it was time for some Impact X-Division action as two losers from Final Resolution met up in singles action…it was Christopher Daniels against Chris Sabin. As both men were ready in the ring to start the match however Elix Skipper’s music hit! Primetime walked down the ramp with a smile on his face and took a position at the announcers table…he obviously wanted to see this match up close and personal. Daniels did not look impressed… But it was all business as the bell rang with the Fallen Angel immediately locking up with the ex-X Division champion. Both men then exchanged whips off the ropes into various moves before Daniels really cemented his position in the match with a spinning Russian Legsweep. That move pulled a two count out for the Fallen Angel before he took a quick glance over to Skipper on guest commentary and then continued to work down on Sabin. Ultimately though the distraction that Primetime was causing at ringside cost Daniels his advantage in the match…he turned his back on Sabin for one second and got nailed from behind with a dropkick into the corner. Sabin then pulled up Daniels ready for his relatively new finisher the Cradle Shock! But Daniels managed to wriggle off Sabin’s shoulders and take him down with the Angel’s Wings for the three! That was a close call for the Fallen Angel, who then turned to make a belt taunt towards Skipper at ringside…he had just defeated the ex-X Division champion. Daniels and Skipper both had to be contenders now!

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Time: 9:36

Match Rating: ***

78% - 75% - 82% - Christopher Daniels gained 2 points of overness from this match.

Andy Douglas vs. Ron “The Truth” Killings

The New Flock against the Kru was the agenda for the third match on Impact as Andy Douglas faced Ron “The Truth” Killings in singles action. Both had their tag team partner’s ringside in the form of BG James and Chase Stevens, and the sense defiantly was this wasn’t going to be an entirely clean encounter between these two men. However despite Stevens grabbing The Truth’s leg at one point that factor didn’t prove to be too big…after some back and forth offence between both men Killings managed to nail his Front Facebuster onto Douglas for the pin. James shoved his way past Stevens and joined his partner to celebrate, before Killings then grabbed a microphone…

Ron “The Truth” Killings: Me and B-Jizzle just thought we’d let everyone know somethin’ before we go! Tha’ clock is tickin’ down right this moment! Because in two weeks time, some friends of the Kru are comin’ back to TNA! An’ the Kru of me and B-Jizzle are gonna welcome them back with open arms! Two Weeks Orlando!

Killings dropped the microphone on the mat and followed James up the ramp to the back as Tenay and West speculated over what “The Truth” could mean by those words…

Winner: Ron “The Truth” Killings

Time: 3:45

Match Rating: *3/4

68% - 63% - 73%

Patriots Swapping Allegiance?!

Backstage a cameraman snuck inside the American Patriots locker room…and as the camera came into focus it showed, 1, 2…3?! Patriots?! There was Patriot 1 who was standing over six feet tall, and then there was Patriot 2 and the similar sized Patriot 3?! Patriot 1 however seemed to be packing his bag up, and then he removed his title belt from his waist…and slowly handed it over to the third Patriot!?

Patriot 2 meanwhile reached in and hugged Patriot 1…before he turned and left the room through the other door. Patriot 3 placed the belt around his waist and it just seemed like Patriot 1 had left! The original Patriots, and the new tag team champions couldn’t be over?! Could they?!

55% - Patriot 3 debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response. Patriot 3 gained 3 points of overness from this segment. Patriot 2 gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Vampiro

It was then time for the match that was made my Dusty Rhodes on Xplosion. DDP was ready to face the man who made his shocking return to TNA at Final Resolution…Vampiro. The “Smells Like Teen Spirit” remix hit around the arena first as Page made his way down into the ring – through the crowd. He eventually jumped over the barricade and slid into the ring itself as the lights went down and Konnan’s music hit. This played Vampiro out from the tunnel, and he surprisingly came out alone. Many people would have suspected that he would have been backed up by Konnan…but he wasn’t. Once he was in the ring the bell rang for the match to get underway. Both men locked up and exchanged holds back and forth as the crowd started a “D-D-P!” chant. That pushed Page into taking the advantage in the contest following a scoop slam and a boot to the ribs. Vampiro however was a quick, cheating guy who got back into the match following a cheap finger to the eye. He then whipped DDP into the corner of the ring and ran in with a high shoulder before making a cover for a two. Vampiro continued his assault with a low blow right infront of the ref! But as he went to nail his DDT…DDP countered. He fought back with some right hands and planted Vampiro with a DDT of his own! 1…2…Vampiro kicked out. But he then walked straight into the Diamond Cutter! 1…2…3! DDP had won the match! Then as if by magic Konnan appeared at ringside to help his fallen friend. He slid Vampiro out under the bottom rope and aided him to the back as Page just stood in the ring and pointed at the two men. He would be seeing both of them in the ring at the same time at Against All Odds.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page

Time: 5:11

Match Rating: **1/2

76% - 74% - 78%

Assistance Required…

The action was then directed backstage again as we were inside Jeff Jarrett’s locker room. Lex Luger was sitting alongside the NWA Heavyweight Champion having a quiet discussion while Abyss was sitting in the corner…a phone started to ring as Double J pulled away from his conversation with Luger to answer it…

Jeff Jarrett: Hello! Oh, hey Kevin! How you doin…

Jarrett paused for a moment as he listened…

Jeff Jarrett: What! You mean you and Scott (looks at Luger and smiles) are still stuck in Mexico! You need my help to get back! (Listens more) Train money! Yes, train money!

Luger was struggling to contain his laughter as Double J continued to listen some more…

Jeff Jarrett: Yes, I’m hearin’ you Kev but I don’t see why you can’t just go and wrestle a few shows down in Mexico to get some cash, you’ve got the name I mean you are the Outsiders! Kevin Nash and Scott Hall!

Jarrett laughed as he heard Nash’s response…

Jeff Jarrett: You can’t fit into the Lucha gear huh?! Well that’s great Kev, and give me a call buddy when you’ve got this thing sorted out! Cya! Bye! (The sounds of Nash’s aggravated voice could be heard…)

Jarrett clicked off the phone and burst into laugher along with Luger!

Lex Luger: Can’t fit into the Lucha gear, that’s a good one! (laughs)

The laughter continued as Impact went into it’s final commercial break.

84%

Non-Championship Match

Jeff Jarrett vs. Chris Candido

Chris Candido was making his way down to the ring as Impact returned from the commercial break. He looked ready to face the toughest challenge in TNA at this moment in time, the NWA Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett was accompanied down to ringside by his new associate Lex Luger as referee Rudy Charles eventually called for the bell for the main event to get underway. Candido started the match very brightly as he took down Jarrett with a good amount of offensive moves, which he continued to build on as the champion struggled to get a foothold in the contest. However when Candido whipped Double J across into the corner of the ring Luger made his first impact on the match, he reached out and grabbed Candido’s leg to draw attention away from Jarrett. It worked and the champ fought back with a knee to the ribs. Jarrett had now through that fought himself right back into the match, he then nailed repeated right hands before planting a backdrop to his opponent and making a cover. 1…2…Kick out. Candido then was dragged into a sleeper hold as he attempted to get back onto his feet. The crowd though weren’t giving up and were banging their feet as an incentive for Candido to fight back, and he did! Candido managed to break out of the sleeper hold and back to a vertical base…before taking down Jarrett with a small package! 1…2…Kick out! That was a close call! Double J then grabbed the referee as he got back up, he complained about the decision as Luger climbed up onto the apron – and decked Candido in the face with the NWA Title belt!! Jarrett’s distraction meant Rudy Charles didn’t see a damn thing! He went down and hooked the leg of his fallen opponent, 1…2…3. It was an academic result following the cheating antics from the NWA Champion and co. Jarrett had defeated Chris Candido.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Time: 7:02

Match Rating: **

73% - 72% - 75%

Announcements, Changes and Shocks…

The celebrations continued in-ring between Jarrett and Luger as Candido was aided out of the ring. It was a cheap win for the NWA Champion, but a win all the same…However the in-ring celebrations were quickly halted as Dusty Rhodes’ music hit, and the DOA himself walked out onto the stage…

Dusty Rhodes: Congratulations on the win champ. But now it’s down to some more seeerious business Jeff Jarrett! Next month we have ourselves, a Pay-Per-View event! Against All Odds, February 13th. Here in Orlando! An’ we need ourselves…a challenger for the NWA Heavyweight Title.

Dusty paused for a moment as a mild “Monty Brown” chant broke out…

Dusty Rhodes: An’ seeing as you Jeff Jarrett at Final Resolution screwed a man over…I find it only fair to say you will face RANDY SAVAGE at AGAINST ALL ODDS! (boos ring out around the arena) However! This time Jeff Jarrett…there will be no outside interference from ANY TNA superstar! An’ if there is son, that belt will be handed over to the Macho Man there and then!

Jarrett and Luger were stunned in the ring momentarily, before Jarrett then started pointing towards Dusty and mouthing a few obscenities.

Dusty Rhodes: So ladies and gentlemen if you weeeell. Against All Odds, Jeff Jarrett and Randy Savage for the NWA Heavyweight Title…with no outside interference from TNA wrestlers allowed!

Dusty turned to leave…but was halted as some familiar music played. IT WAS ERIK WATTS! Watts strolled out from the tunnel clad in a suit with a microphone and clipboard in hand! What was all this about?!

Watts waited for his music to stop before removing his glasses and turning to face Dusty…

Erik Watts: IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK ORLANDO! Dusty Rhodes, you asked a lot of stuff earlier, you had a lot of issues earlier out here. Who is going behind your back? Who has no respect for you? Well, ME for starters!

The crowd burst into cheers as Watts just stared across the top of the ramp at the Director of Authority himself…

Erik Watts: And you wanna know who locked your security away at Final Resolution? (smiles) IT WAS ME! Because I was sending the world a message Dusty, you’ve had it. You’re washed up. And Erik Watts is the only one who can now lead TNA forward!

Dusty Rhodes: Is that so huh?

Erik Watts: Yeah, that’s “so” Dusty. But moving down to business, I here in my hand have not one, but TWO contracts. The first one, which directly interests you is from Dixie Carter Dusty. The decision was made yesterday that you needed another pair of hands to help you run the shop…and so they made ME, ERIK WATTS THE NEW CO-DIRECTOR OF AUTHORITY!

The crowd erupted, they were absolutely loving this as it unfolded. Watts was already proving a popular figure in his new role!

Erik Watts: But it doesn’t end there my man, oh no! You see, you now need TWO signatures for every decision you make around here…those being yours and mine. So, if you wanna make a decision Dusty…you’re gonna have to run it by me first, and visa versa of course!

Erik Watts: But NOW! Moving onto this second contract I have here…you see Dusty, I took an over-riding decision, I went to management, I went to management yesterday. And they made a decision that I should be allowed to sign a certain superstar to TNA…a superstar who would have a massive future in this company, and in the professional wrestling business! So without further ado…

There was a brief pause as Watts turned to face the video screen above the entrance…

AND THEN MONTY BROWN’S MUSIC HIT! THE ALPHA MALE WAS BACK IN TNA!

Monty Brown walked up the tunnel and stood alongside Erik Watts as some pyro exploded above him, although the Alpha Male wasn’t interested in that – he just stared down at Jeff Jarrett and Lex Luger in the ring…

Dusty Rhodes: Are you done yet?!

Erik Watts: No, No Dusty I’m not, there is still one more tiny thing to address here! Seeing as Monty Brown has signed a brand new contract with TNA…there isn’t anywhere in his contract that states he is unable to get an NWA Title shot…

Cheers started to ring out again around the arena…the fans knew what was coming next!

Erik Watts: And seeing as you made a decision that Randy Savage gets a title shot at Against All Odds next month…I’M MAKING THE DECISION THAT SO IS THE ALPHA MALE MONTY BROWN (cheers erupted again around the Asylum!)

Jarrett grabbed his head in the ring as Luger quickly shouted against the decision! This was going all wrong for the champion!

Erik Watts: JEFF JARRETT it is going to be Against All Odds for you certainly. Because Randy Savage will team with Monty Brown with the NWA Title on the line…IN A 2 ON 1 HANDICAP MATCH!

Watts’ music hit again around the arena as Dusty quickly stalked off to the back. There was a new co-Director of Authority in town! And he was evening up the odds! Impact went off the air with Watts re-adjusting his glasses and Monty Brown pointing down at Jeff Jarrett in the ring…

79% - Erik Watts gained 1 point of overness from this segment. Monty Brown gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

Overall Show Rating: 73%

Overall Television Rating: 3.87

Attendance: 6,018

Ticket Sales: $240,720

E-Mails following Impact:

Sophie - We won the head-to-head with High Impact in the ratings!

Road Agent - Chris Sabin and Christopher Daniels didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?

What the hell?

Well no, this is a really good thing! It's nice to have this back, it just ended like into a brick wall. Like you apparently say, good things never come to an end. This isn't allowed to end. It's just so damn good, and it's good that you continue with this baby, instead of posting a new story about TNA.

And whoo, a NEW narrator. Who can it be? Davey Boy Smith? Curt Henning? CRASH HOLLY? :P

Good luck with this, now as it's back in da bussiness. I'll be reading and giving ya' feedback (Y)

Guest Blade

Glad to see this back i think i remember you telling me who the third patriot is im sure you did i wanna know who the narrator is now i guess we will know when its time as always you have a reader in me

user posted image

Xplosion Preview – Tuesday 25th January 2005

Xplosion on MTV always brings together the week’s worth of TNA action… and this week is absolutely no exception to that rule. From Impact highlights, to Xplosion exclusives and exclusive matches it is all featured this week…

There are three matches already signed to air this Tuesday, with one massive main event that will see Ron “The Truth” Killings of the Kru face off against Chase Stevens of Naturally Dark. This past week on Impact saw Killings face and defeat Stevens’ partner Andy Douglas in singles action…will he be able to defeat the other half of Naturally Dark? And what will there be in regard to outsider interference? BG James, Andy Douglas…and even the entire of Raven’s New Flock have to be considered within that bracket. It all comes together to create a very intriguing main event.

Last week on Xplosion saw the return to TNA for Hector Garza, as he won a triple threat match against

Abismo Negro and Michael Shane. This week the respect between Garza and Negro is being put to the test as both of these Mexican stars team up…against one of their opponents last week in Michael Shane, and his tag partner Frankie Kazarian. These four wrestlers all bolster amazing ability in the ring, and because of that this is a must not miss match.

Fantastic Frank Ferdinand meanwhile is now 2 and 0 on Xplosion. He has defeated two guys in OK Revolution and D-Ray 3000 in the last two weeks…and has made a point that he is “Fantastic” while doing so. This week however he goes up against the challenge of Sonjay Dutt. Will Ferdinand win again? Or will Dutt end his two-week undefeated streak? Time will tell on that.

Plus! Expect comments from TNA’s new Co-Director of Authority Erik Watts alongside other Xplosion exclusives!

So make sure you tune in Tuesday on MTV! 

Confirmed Matches:

Ron “The Truth” Killings vs. Chase Stevens

Tag Team Match

Hector Garza and Abismo Negro vs. Shane and Kazarian

Fantastic Frank Ferdinand vs. Sonjay Dutt

user posted image

Xplosion Results – Tuesday 25th January 2005

Fantastic Frank Ferdinand vs. Sonjay Dutt

Xplosion following the introduction video went straight into wrestling action…and alike the last two weeks it was with Fantastic Frank Ferdinand. His opponent this week? The playa from the Himalayas – Sonjay Dutt. Referee Mike Posey called for the bell as Dutt looked to take down Ferdinand from the word go. He did do so, and left Ferdinand on the backfoot for the first few moments of the match, however eventually a misplaced punch allowed Ferdinand to nail a backdrop for a two count. Dutt stumbled back up onto his feet…and then straight into the Triple Powerbomb! Ferdinand hooked the leg for the academic three, and his third win on Xplosion in as many weeks! But Ferdinand, typically, wasn’t finished yet. He reached down into his trunks with a smile on his face…and pulled out another sticker! But before he could do anything…Erik Watts’ music hit around the arena!

Winner: Fantastic Frank Ferdinand

Time: 3:18

Match Rating: **3/4

67% - 46% - 88% - Sonjay Dutt lost 1 point of overness from this match. Fantastic Frank Ferdinand gained 2 points of overness from this match.

Think You’re Fantastic?

Ferdinand was stopped in his tracks as the figure of the new Co-Director of Authority appeared on stage to a mass of cheers. Watts smiled to that and pulled out a microphone from his back pocket…

Erik Watts: Well, I thought I would come out here and welcome you all to TNA Xplosion! But before I knew what was going on there was some wrestler in the ring…who I have never seen before!

The crowd cheered to that as Ferdinand threw his sticker down to the mat…

Erik Watts: Fantastic Frank Ferdinand I believe? Well Frank, I’ve heard rumours that you are undefeated since your TNA debut. 3 and 0 here on Xplosion! Well that’s all well and good Frank, but you still are opening the show, how in the hell can you be “Fantastic” as an opener?!

Ferdinand shook his head and mouthed some words up the ramp from the ring as Watts removed his glasses…

Erik Watts: What you want, and what you need is MAIN EVENT EXPOSURE Frank Ferdinand. (boos) So, I’ve gone ahead and booked you in a main event! (boos) Don’t worry this is good guys! (directed to the fans) You’re undefeated on Xplosion, next week you’re in the main event! And your opponent?

Watts paused for a moment…before a laugh and a smile broke out…

Erik Watts: Is someone who Sonjay Dutt actually knows very well…for your opponent next week Frank is someone who has been gone from TNA for a while. Someone who left, but is coming back for another crack at the whip! Someone who I just signed to a new contract infact! Your opponent is…SABU!

The crowd just erupted as Ferdinand’s head fell into his hands! Sabu was coming back to TNA! The crowd were still going wild as his music started to play over the arena as a preview for what was to come. Ferdinand turned around in disbelief…and straight into a dropkick from the now recovered Dutt! Erik Watts had dealt a hammer blow to Fantastic Frank Ferdinand! He would next week be facing Sabu!

59% - Sabu lost 2 points of overness from this segment. Fantastic Frank Ferdinand gained 2 points of overness from this segment. Erik Watts lost 2 points of overness from this segment.

Impact Highlights 1 – Nash Calls Jarrett…

…The action was then directed backstage again as we were inside Jeff Jarrett’s locker room. Lex Luger was sitting alongside the NWA Heavyweight Champion having a quiet discussion while Abyss was sitting in the corner…a phone started to ring as Double J pulled away from his conversation with Luger to answer it…

Jeff Jarrett: Hello! Oh, hey Kevin! How you doin…

Jarrett paused for a moment as he listened…

Jeff Jarrett: What! You mean you and Scott (looks at Luger and smiles) are still stuck in Mexico! You need my help to get back! (Listens more) Train money! Yes, train money!

Luger was struggling to contain his laughter as Double J continued to listen some more…

Jeff Jarrett: Yes, I’m hearin’ you Kev but I don’t see why you can’t just go and wrestle a few shows down in Mexico to get some cash, you’ve got the name I mean you are the Outsiders! Kevin Nash and Scott Hall!

Jarrett laughed as he heard Nash’s response…

Jeff Jarrett: You can’t fit into the Lucha gear huh?! Well that’s great Kev, and give me a call buddy when you’ve got this thing sorted out! Cya! Bye! (The sounds of Nash’s aggravated voice could be heard…)

Jarrett clicked off the phone and burst into laugher along with Luger!

Lex Luger: Can’t fit into the Lucha gear, that’s a good one! (laughs)

75%

OK Revolution vs. Knuckles

Xplosion returned following the first Impact highlights and the first commercial break with some more in-ring action. This time from the dancing OK Revolution and the debuting Knuckles. Revolution’s tricky dancing feet allowed him to sidestep a few attacks from Knuckles before catching a nicely placed dropkick to the chin. That gave him a two count over his opponent as he looked to finish this match up early. However Knuckles managed to pull himself back into the match shortly… he done this with a counter off the ropes into an atomic drop before then heading up onto the top rope. Revolution though was quick to his feet and managed to get up and deliver a superplex! He made the cover, 1…2…Kick out. But this match was looking more academically certain with every passing moment. Revolution took down Knuckles with a scoop slam and then headed up top…and came off with a SHOOTING STAR PRESS! That was the first time he had ever nailed that! 1…2…3! And it was enough! OK Revolution won the match following that amazing move off the top rope! It was no where near a perfect debut for the red-haired Knuckles, but there was a respect there as both men shook hands following the match.

Winner: OK Revolution

Time: 5:09

Match Rating: *3/4

54% - 26% - 82% - Knuckles debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response.

Impact Highlights 2 – The First Round Of Announcements

…TNA’s Director of Authority Dusty Rhodes headed down to the ring alongside his theme music – to a mixed reaction from the Orlando crowd. He then climbed inside the Six Sided Battleground and took a microphone from Jeremy Borash…

Dusty Rhodes: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have come out here because I have just been informed of some news from TNA’s Head Office in Nashville. An’ this news is some big news!

Dusty dwelled on his announcement for a moment before continuing…

Dusty Rhodes: It appears like the Alpha Male Monti Brown…has decided to end his contract here in TNA! So, from this moment on ladies and gentlemen…the Alpha Male is no longer a TNA wrestler, he is gone!

Boos just filled the arena on that announcement, the crowd didn’t like that news at all!

Dusty Rhodes: Very sad…Very sad…but hey! I’ve got some other more important news to announce anyways – so let’s keep this thing movin’! Now, I hope all the boys in the back are crowdin’ around the monitors right now… ‘cause you boys need to hear what i’ve got to say rite now.

Dusty Rhodes: I am the TNA Director of Authority…and you boys need to learn to respect me. An’ I will not stand for anyone disrespecting me! (laughs) Yea, now while I think about it, Monti Brown is a good example of that…he didn’t have any respect for me, and he doesn’t have a job anymore…

More boos from the crowd as Dusty laughed to himself, he really didn’t like the Alpha Male during his time here in TNA.

Dusty Rhodes: An’ just to say one other thing…if someone in the back wants to play mind games with the American Dream himself by locking the security in last Sunday at Final Resolution…they had better think again!

Dusty waited for a moment, as if he was waiting for a response – before finishing up…

Dusty Rhodes: But ma’ work doesn’t end there tonight folks, ‘cause I need to make ma decision about who is gonna get a title shot at Against All Odds in February! So, I’m gonna go away and think about that – and make ma decision later! Have a good show.

Dusty’s music started to play again as he was booed out of the ring…no-one was happy with his announcements at all. Especially the shock news that Monty Brown had now left TNA…

74%

user posted image

Knuckles Joins TNA

This week's Xplosion sighted the debut of an independant wrestler called "Knuckles", we can now exclusivly report that he has signed a written six month contract with TNA following his good match against OK Revolution. Knuckles (ala Alyx Wynters) is a creation from the mind of Dusty Rhodes, and since that picture of course has dyed his hair red. Knuckles is expected to fit right into the X-Division of TNA with his high-flying style...and is also expected to make a reasonable impact within the federation.

Sabu Returns...as well as others?

This week we also discovered that Sabu will be making his return to TNA. Sabu has been gone since he finished his previous feud with Raven but is destened to be on TNA screens again from next week. Sabu's contract details themselves are unknown, although rumour has it that he is not contracted for PPV appearances and thus will stick to Xplosion and Impact contests, although of course that is only rumored. And talking of rumours there are some going around that the Sandman has been in contact with the TNA offices regarding a return to the federation. More news on that when it unfolds however.

user posted image

Impact! Preview – Friday 28th January 2005

TNA is now well and truly on the road to Against All Odds as we head into Impact this week…

And with that we already know that Jeff Jarrett will be defending his NWA Heavyweight Championship against “The Macho Man” Randy Savage and “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown at that very event.

But with that in mind TNA’s new Co-Director of Authority Erik Watts has decided to book a massive main event for this week’s show. It will be the NWA Champion himself Jeff Jarrett squaring off against Monty Brown in a non-title match, and this is as close to a preview for Against All Odds as you can get! Will “The Alpha Male” manage to pull out an upset over the champion?…Will he prove that he is the man to take the NWA Title from Jeff Jarrett at Against All Odds? And where will the “Macho Man” himself be in this whole equation?

Last week also saw the first contact from Kevin Nash and Scott Hall since Randy Savage dumped both men over the Mexican border before Final Resolution. Nash did not sound best pleased with Jeff Jarrett on hearing his jokey response to their whole predicament of being stuck in another country. It only has to be however a matter of time until the Outsiders return to TNA…and with that could Nash and Hall show up this week? And is there going to be another sting in the tale when it comes to Jarrett and the Outsiders? There are numerous rumours flying around the TNA office that this whole relationship is about to get VERY interesting. And that’s not to mention who ELSE has apparently been seen around the back of the Impact arena recently…with so many levels to be addressed it is only a matter of time before things have to blow up…

Also! Last week’s TNA programming saw the deformed mind of Raven in its most sadistic form yet…the head of the New Flock has recently been seen carrying a noose around with him wherever he travels, and seems to have truly cracked following his loss in his own Clockwork Orange House of Fun match at Final Resolution. This was taken to another level on Xplosion when Raven announced at Against All Odds that Jeff Hardy would actually meet the noose. “The Noose” with Raven and Jeff Hardy has been listed on the official TNA site as happening at the Pay-Per-View, but what is it? Expect though more light to be shed this week on Impact.

In the six-sided ring this week there are also another three matches that are scheduled to go down. Firstly the shocking tag team of Vampiro and Konnan are set to go up against their Against All Odds opponent Diamond Dallas Page, and his partner from AMW in Chris Harris. Following DDP’s win over Vampiro last week you would expect revenge to be on the minds of Konnan and Vampiro…

The current situation regarding the X-Division will also be looked at again this week. Christopher Daniels last week moved himself into a prime position as to getting a shot at the gold when he defeated the ex-champion Chris Sabin. This week Elix Skipper gets the same opportunity when he faces Sabin himself! Will Primetime be able to match his old partners result? Will he be able to cause more headaches in the X-Division as to who gets the next title shot? Find out Friday!

Also! The NWA Tag Team Champions of the American Patriots will face Slash and Sinn from the New Flock in non-title tag team action. While also witness the return of Rowdy Roddy Piper’s interviewing skills…yes, IN THE PIT WITH PIPER is back this week on Impact!

What a show Impact is lined up to be this week! Make sure you don’t miss it! Friday on FSN!

Confirmed Matches:

Jeff Jarrett vs. “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown

Tag Team Match

Vampiro and Konnan vs. Diamond Dallas Page and Chris Harris

Chris Sabin vs. Elix Skipper

Tag Team Match

The American Patriots vs. Slash and Sinn