World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

user posted image

Credit Jack Krauser for the logo

Date: January 17, 1997

Tonight it's going to be a chaotic night on Friday Night Mayhem. We're just two days away from what promises to be a huge Royal Rumble. And tonight we're going to see the biggest main event in Friday Night Mayhem history. Sycho Sid teams up with the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels to take on the team of British Bulldog and Owen Hart.Owen Hart and British Bulldog haven't teamed up in quite awhile, While Michaels and Sid have some bad blood that leads all the way to 1995. But tonight they better find a way to work together against the two brother in laws. This is the final road to the Royal Rumble for these four men, All four men are entered in the Royal Rumble match and tonight they're all gonna be in the same ring at the same time. Which team will come out on top tonight as the Royal Rumble nears?

Bret "The Hitman" Hart had quite a wild night this Monday night. He got into it with Scott Hall twice! Scott Hall no doubt angered the challenger for the WWF Championship. Tonight we will hear from Bret Hart one final time before his WWF Championship match with Scott Hall this Sunday night. What does "The Hitman" have to say?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger Vs. Doug Furnas, Phillip LaFon and "All American" Bart Gunn

D'Lo Brown Vs. Disco Inferno

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Al Snow and Steve Austin© Vs. Brian Adams and Brian Lee

Billy Gunn Vs. Ahmed Johnson

Brian Christopher Vs. Scott Putski

Shawn Michaels and Sycho Sid Vs. British Bulldog and Owen Hart

Plus, Commissioner Ric Flair has claimed to find out who will meet Ron Simmons at the Royal Rumble this Sunday night! Who will step up to the plate and fight Ron Simmons? Will anyone be man enough to fight Simmons? Plus, Plenty of more wild WWF action as the Royal Rumble is only two days away!

user posted image

Channel: UPN

Time Slot: Prime Time

Attendance: 10,023

Ticket Sales: $400,920

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Who Will Be The World Wrestling Federation Champion?

Friday Night Mayhem opens up in a big way with the music of Bret "The Hitman" Hart hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. Bret Hart walks down to the ring as the announcers hype his huge match with Scott Hall this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. Bret Hart is handed microphone and prepares to talk, As this huge "Hitman" chant keeps going.

Bret Hart- Thank you for the ovation. I'm glad to be here tonight. You know, In just two days I step into the ring with Scott Hall. Scott Hall is of course the current World Wrestling Federation Champion. And this Sunday night, I got a feeling his title reign will come to an end. I got a feeling that at the Royal Rumble, The Scott Hall era in the World Wrestling Federation will end once and for all. Last Monday night everyone saw me and Scott Hall get into it. And I'm usually not the kind to get into fights, But after all Scott Hall has done to me and all the comments he's made about my family, Scott Hall is going to be pay this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. I'm going to be in my home country of Canada, Wrestling in front of family and friends, And the WWF Championship will go around my waist for a fourth time. I hope you're ready Scott Hall. Because I've never been more ready for anything in my whole entire life. I'm gonna walk into that arena this Sunday night with one goal in mind, One thing in mind. And that is to become the next World Wrestling Federation Champion. That's all I'm going to be thinking about at the Royal Rumble. I will lock you into the Sharpshooter and make you submit Scott Hall. You're going to be in my country, My backyard and I will walk out as the new World Wrestling Federation Champion. And I will go to Wrestlemania 13 and beat whoever challenges me for this title. The Royal Rumble will be my night. It will be the night where all the WWF fans will celebrate. The WWF fans will celebrate the fact that Scott Hall is no longer the World Wrestling Federation Champion. That title deserves to be around the waist of a true hero, Of a true role model, And a true fighting champion. And that man is me. So.............

The crowd boos as Scott Hall is shown on the big screen. Scott Hall has the WWF Championship over his shoulder.

Scott Hall- Hey yo........... Hey, Bret. Did you think Scott Hall wasn't gonna be here? Did you think Scott Hall wasn't gonna show up? I might not be out there in that arena, But I am here in the back. Commissioner Ric Flair has allowed me to stay in the back, I think he doesn't wanna see me come out there and beat the hell out of you like last Monday night. See, You come out here and talk about how Sunday night we're gonna be in your home country. How you're a role model, How you're everything a WWF Champion should be. But you're wrong. You're nothing like what a true WWF Champion should be. When you're the World Wrestling Federation Champion all you got to care about is yourself. That's all you need to care about. Yet you come out here and talk about how your family and friends are going to be there. You talk all this trash about Scott Hall. Do you really think your family being a ringside is going to make a difference? I told you that if I feel like it, I'll go right out there to ringside and smack your daddy right across his face! You shouldn't be concerned with them Bret. All you should care about is the WWF Championship. That's all you need to worry about. Oh yeah, You need to worry on how your ass is gonna beat me. You think it's going to be some cake walk? You're wrong Bret. I'm willing to do everything and anything it takes to walk out with the WWF Championship. This Sunday night where will be no more talking. No more talking about who's gonna walk out with this title Bret. And that man will be me. The Royal Rumble will determine who is the very best in the WWF, And that man is me.

Bret Hart- You're right about one thing, The Royal Rumble will determine who is the best in the World Wrestling Federation. Royal Rumble will be the day where one man walks away with the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Only one man will walk away with the WWF Championship. Only one man will leave as the WWF Champion. And you can bet that it will be me. I am the excellence of execution and already a three time WWF Champion. And this Sunday night you will find out that I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be when I'm done beating you and taking back what's mine.

Scott Hall's image fades from the screen as the music of "The Hitman" plays. Bret Hart poses in the ring as Coachman and Hendrix ask us who's gonna walk out of the Royal Rumble as the WWF Champion, Bret Hart or Scott Hall?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie Vs. Doug Furnas, Phillip LaFon and "All American" Bart Gunn

It was announced that at the Royal Rumble, The Money Mine would take on the Party Squad in six men tag team action. This one was a pretty solid match, Duke Droese seems to be getting more over as a heel each and every time he steps into the ring. The Money Mine started off getting their asses handed to them. Bart Gunn took out all three members of The Money Mine with clotheslines, And Furnas and LaFon followed up with drop kicks sending them out to the floor. They got into it on the outside with "All" American Bart Gunn sending Droese right into the front row! The action got into the ring with LaFon out wrestling Diamond and getting the better of Diamond. Diamond took a nasty back suplex by LaFon here, Almost getting LaFon the win. Thanks to a little help from Swinger, Diamond was able to take down LaFon. The Money Mine isolated LaFon and beat him down like a government mule. Dawn Marie even got involed a couple times, Choking Lafon down on the ropes and hitting him with Droese's Million Dollar Championship belt. After getting his butt kicked for several minutes, LaFon took down Swinger and Diamond with a pair of spinning heel kicks and made the hot tag to Bart. Bart Gunn came into the ring all riled up and started knocking down each member of The Money Mine who stood in his way. All six men got into it, With Furnas and LaFon battling Diamond and Swinger in the ring. Bart Gunn atomic dropped Droese three times and followed up with three clotheslines! Bart Gunn went for the Forearm Shot, But Droese countered into the Money Compactor as Bart was coming off the ropes, And picked up the win for The Money Mine! The Money Mine headed to the back with the victory while Hendrix said that Jannetty and his two bums would suffer the same fate this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble.

68, 72, 80 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

D'Lo Brown and Scorpio officially ended as a tag team, But no one even mentioned or cares. Rumor has it that D'Lo Brown is scheduled to get a big push this year. Possibly winning the Intercontinental Championship later in the year. He could be this year's King Of The Ring winner as well. This match didn't have the crowd into it too much. But it was one hell of a match up. Disco Inferno started off shoving D'Lo aside and doing his disco dancing. D'Lo responded by punching Disco right in the face! D'Lo Brown started off hot here, Gaining several near falls on Disco and sending Disco right out to the floor with a aggressive clothesline. They brawled on the outside with Disco sending D'Lo Brown right into the steel steps. Disco then dropped D'Lo right across the steel guardrail! Disco pounded D'Lo inside the ring, Using stomps and punches to D'Lo in the corner. D'Lo Brown tried mounting a offense several times, But Disco would always stop him. Disco came very close to winning this match with a swinging neck breaker to Brown, But D'Lo kicked out at two. Disco continued beating D'Lo down and connected with the Last Dance, But instead of covering, Disco went up top. Disco went for a frog splash, But D'Lo moved out of the way! This allowed D'Lo to make his comeback. D'Lo caught Disco with his usual moves, Getting D'Lo several two counts. D'Lo Brown caught Disco with the Sky High and went up top. D'Lo Brown came off the top with the Lo Down and scored the win. D'Lo Brown posed and celebrated his big win with the announcers hyping him as the future of the WWF.

71, 68, 91 ***1\2

Interview with Al Snow and Steve Austin

We go to the back where Kevin Kelly is standing by with Al Snow and Steve Austin.

Kevin Kelly- I am standing by with Al Snow and Steve Austin, The current World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions. And tonight you two will put the titles on the line against the team you beat for those titles, Brian Adams and Brian Lee. We're just two days away from the Royal Rumble, So this is a huge match for the two of you. You two got alot of history with Adams and Lee, Is there anyway you two are going to be able to pull off the win tonight?

Al Snow- Is there anyway we can pull off the win? You said it yourself Kevin, We beat those two losers for the WWF Tag Team Championship. We beat them for our second title reign. You think we're concerned with Adams and Lee? We're fighting champions. Brian Adams and Brian Lee are no one. They can't beat us. Al Snow and Steve Austin are the greatest tag team in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. Look at all the names we've beaten, We've beaten Adams and Lee like a million times within the span of three months! We're the champions and we're leaving as champions tonight. Brian Adams and Brian Lee might have stolen the titles from us back in October, But we got them back didn't we? And tonight we're going to beat those two once again. Al Snow and Steve Austin are the champions for a reason, And Lee and Adams will be finding that out tonight.

Steve Austin- You know, My partner Al Snow seems to be all right with having to defend the titles tonight, But I'm not. I didn't come here to this stinking town expecting to have to be defending the titles. We already have to face the senior connection at the Royal Rumble, And they want us to face two guys like Lee and Adams tonight? It's typical WWF making the champions having to defend the titles before a huge Pay Per View event. It's typical WWF putting Al Snow and Steve Austin in this kind of situation, Just because we beat down Perfect and Martel last week. Tonight we'll put the titles on the line and we'll make sure Brian Adams and Brian Lee don't ever challenge us for the titles.

Kevin Kelly- At the Royal Rumble it's going to be the both of you taking on Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect for the titles, That is if you walk out of here with the titles. Over the last couple of weeks we've seen the situation between you two teams evolve into a bitter rivalry. What are your comments on Sunday's match with Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel?

Steve Austin- Kevin, Do you think we're worried about those two wind bags? Sure, They gave us a fight on Monday Night Raw and even busted me open, But we're not gonna lose to those two at the Royal Rumble. I'm not gonna tap out to the Quebec Crab like Al was doing on Monday night, If Rick Martel even gets me in the Quebec Crab, I'll use all my power and break out of it. I won't let some forty year old make a mockery out of the titles. This match should have never even been signed. But Al let himself get outsmarted by those two morons. But it's okay Al, We're going into the Royal Rumble with one goal in mind. And that is to win. Unlike Al, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to win this Sunday night. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin don't fear nobody. And that includes two washed up has beens. I'm going to show the whole world that we're ready for the Royal Rumble. Me and Al Snow are going to walk into Montreal, Quebec, Canada and wipe the floor with those two.

Al Snow- Heh, Steve thinks it's all easy. It's not gonna be a cake walk on Sunday night, I hope you are ready Steve. I hope you're as ready as you say you are. Because I'd hate to lose the titles when I'm not the one getting pinned. You know, Like when you lost them to Adams and Lee? And as far as Martel getting me in the Quebec Crab, He could try it again this Sunday night. I hope he tries, I'll give him something to think of at the Royal Rumble. This Sunday night will be the night of Al Snow and Steve Austin. We both made our debuts last year at the Royal Rumble, And while I beat my opponent and Steve was tossed over the top rope, We'll make this Royal Rumble something to remember.

Kevin Kelly- Fans, Up next we'll see Steve Austin and Al Snow defend the titles against Brian Adams and Brian Lee! Don't go away!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The crowd was into this match up big time. Despite not being used as much as before, Adams and Lee are still over big time with the crowd. This one started off with a huge brawl. Adams and Lee cleared the ring of Snow and Austin and went right out to the floor after them. Lee dominated Al Snow while Adams beat the hell out of Austin. They came into the ring, Where Al Snow was getting beat down by both Lee and Adams with Austin standing around on the outside, Looking like he was waiting for them to finish with Snow! Austin then came into the ring and got beat down as well! And Snow just went to his corner and watched Austin get beaten down! Finally, Snow and Austin were able to work together and isolate Brian Adams. Lee got the crowd extremely hot, Trying to get them into Adams as he took a pounding from Snow and Austin. the announcers kept asking if maybe Snow and Austin were having a problems with one another, But Hendrix told Coachman not to stir it up. Coachman said that they're just frustrated about having to fight before the Royal Rumble. After catching both Austin and Snow with a flying clothesline, Adams made the hot tag to Lee. Lee came into the ring and started cleaning house! Lee took out Austin with a big boot while Snow took a tilt a whirl slam from Adams. Lee and Adams connected with the Heart Punch, Life Sentence combo to Snow and almost won the titles, But Austin somehow made the save! Austin and Adams fought on the floor, Leaving Lee and Snow in the ring. Lee caught Snow with a devastating sidewalk slam, But the referee was on the outside checking on Adams, Who got send right into the steel ring post face first by Austin! Austin came into the ring and stomped on the back of Lee's head! Austin hit the Stone Cold Stunner to Lee and rolled Snow on top of Lee to score the win! Austin then grabbed both titles and helped Al Snow to the back. Hendrix said he saw no problems between Austin and Snow, And that Coachman just wants to stir it up.

78, 88, 88 ***3/4

The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Ric Flair finds Ron Simmons' opponent!

We go to the office of Commissioner Ric Flair, Ric Flair is at his desk when the door opens. Flair looks up and smiles. We see that John Bradshaw has entered Flair's office.

Ric Flair- John Bradshaw, What can I do for you?

John Bradshaw- Commissioner, I am tried of seeing that no good Ron Simmons coming around and whining and crying about how he's been treated unfairly and how he should be in the Royal Rumble. Hell, I'm not in the Royal Rumble and I haven't complained about it. I heard that he laid down the challenge for anyone to meet him in the Royal Rumble, And I want him his ass at the Royal Rumble. I want his ass at the '97 Royal Rumble this Sunday night!

Ric Flair- You want Ron Simmons? You want Ron Simmons one on one this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble? Is that what you're asking me for?

John Bradshaw- Damn right I am. I want Ron Simmons this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. I want him one on one in that very ring. I'm gonna teach him a lesson WWF style. Here in the WWF you earn your spot. And he thinks he can come and go as he pleases? He'll get a tough reality check this Sunday night.

Ric Flair- All right, You got it! Wooooooo! You and Ron Simmons one on one at the Royal Rumble. Good luck John, It should be one heck of a match between two great superstars. And if you win, I see title shots in your future.

John Bradshaw- Thank you Commissioner. You tell Ron Simmons he's got a date with a bad Texan at the Royal Rumble.

John Bradshaw leaves Flair's office as we go to a commercial break. It'll be Ron Simmons versus John Bradshaw at the Royal Rumble!

John Bradshaw gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Billy Gunn with Sunny Vs. Ahmed Johnson

The crowd was into this horrible match up. Probably the worst match these two have been in for awhile. Good thing Billy Gunn has Sunny, Or he'd be back in midcard with Bart Gunn. The match was mostly kicking and punching, With Ahmed Johnson yelling alot. Sunny got involved a few times, Distracting Johnson which allowed Billy Gunn to take control of this match. Billy used chokes and stomps to Ahmed Johnson in the corner and locked Johnson into a long neck vice. After about two minutes of being locked into Billy's neck vice, Ahmed Johnson started showing signs of life and started beating down Billy. Ahmed Johnson ran right over Billy with a stiff clothesline and tossed Billy out to the floor. Ahmed Johnson hit a over the top rope to Billy right on the floor! Both men went back into the ring, Where they knocked each other down with a double clothesline. Suddenly, the music of Jacobs hit the arena and out came the big man being lead by Bob Backlund. Jacobs came into the ring and ran right over both Billy Gunn and Ahmed Johnson with a double clothesline! This caused a no contest! Jacobs grabbed Billy Gunn by the throat and Choke Slammed Billy Gunn! Ahmed Johnson was next and took a huge Choke Slam as well! Sunny ran to the back, As the announcers said Jacobs didn't care if you were a man or a woman! Bob Backlund stood over both men and laughed while Jacobs just looked crazy.

72, 85, 69 *3/4

Taka Michinoku Comes In Two Days!

Another video is shown hyping the debut of Taka Michinoku. Several action shots of Michinoku are shown, With Vince McMahon narrating the video, Saying that Taka Michinoku is one of the world's premier Light Heavyweight talent despite only being twenty three years old. The video ends with a shot of Taka Michinoku coming off the top rope, It says he's coming at the Royal Rumble. Two days from now!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Excellent match up here, Brian Christopher and Scott Putski both tore down the house with a excellent showing. Chavo Guerrero was at the commentary position, Hyping his match with Brian Christopher at the Royal Rumble. The announcers and Chavo kept hyping the Light Heavyweight action, Telling us that the Light Heavyweight wrestlers are the quickest wrestlers in all the world. Chavo said he would love to be crowned the first ever Light Heavyweight Champion, Hinting that a tournament could start soon for the title. Coachman asked what Chavo's thoughts were on Taka Michinoku showing up at the Royal Rumble, Chavo Guerrero responded by saying he's seen Taka in action and that he'd love to wrestle Taka one on one. Chavo said he wasn't going to be in the Royal Rumble match, But he was facing "Jerry's kid" earlier in the night. Putski had control early on, But Christopher used a few cheap tricks to take control. Christopher kept doing his obnoxious laugh at Chavo who was at ringside, And taunted Chavo several times. Putski made the comeback after taking a beating and started taking down Christopher. Putski used a few drop kicks and back drops to Christopher, But couldn't put Christopher away. Putski put Christopher up top and went up with Christopher. Putski tried a superplex, But Christopher countered by shoving Putski down to the canvas! Christopher then came flying off the top with the Tennessee Jam to Putski and scored the win. Afterwords, Christopher taunted Chavo from inside the ring as the announcers hyped the Light Heavyweight action this Sunday night!

74, 71, 95 ****

Interview with British Bulldog and Owen Hart

We go to the interview area where Michael Cole is standing by with British Bulldog and Owen Hart.

Michael Cole- Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Tonight you two are going to once again join forces. You'll team up to take on Sycho Sid and Shawn Michaels in a huge tag team main event. After all the problems you two have had with Sycho Sid, And the times you've joined forces with Scott Steiner, I got to wonder if there's something going on between the three of you? Is there an alliance between you two men and Scott Steiner? And are you two getting the team back together?

Owen Hart- First of all, There's no alliance between us and Scott Steiner. We're three men who just dislike Sycho Sid. It's a casual type deal. And second of all, Me and Bulldog are always gonna be a team. We're brothers in law. We're family, Blood. But here in the WWF, We won't be teaming up. I know all the fans would love to see a real team hold the titles, But Bulldog and myself have already accomplished everything we could as the champions. Bulldog knows that anytime he needs me, I'm there for him. Because that's what family is all about. I just wish my brother Bret wasn't so selfish and realized that. And as far as Shawn Michaels and Sycho Sid go, Do you two really think you stand a chance against us? Wasn't it just two years ago that Sid powerbombed Michaels like five times? And put you out Shawn? I'd have a hard time trusting Sid. And Sid, Wasn't it Shawn Michaels that in a single match, Super kicked you three times in the face? You can't trust Shawn Michaels either big man!

British Bulldog- Just like Owen said, We're always gonna be a team. Because we're family. But we're not gonna team up to chase titles. We've been there and done that. We've beaten every team there was to beat. They should have retired the titles after we dropped them. But tonight these fans will see us team up once again. To take on two common enemies. Two men who we'd love to eliminate before the Royal Rumble. And those two men are Shawn Michaels and Sycho Sid. Two men we know very well. I hope the two of you are ready for tonight's match. Because Owen Hart and myself are gonna give you everything we got. And Michael, As far as Scott Steiner is concerned, He watches our back and we watch his. There's nothing more than that. Don't expect us to be helping him in the Royal Rumble.

Michael Cole- Speaking of the Royal Rumble match, You two will be in the Royal Rumble. What happens if it comes down to the two of you?

Owen Hart- Michael, Stop trying to get us to fight. It's not gonna happen. We're not gonna get into it here. And if it's down to the two of us at the Royal Rumble, Then we'll see who the better man is at the Royal Rumble. No big deal. Hopefully it won't come down to Bulldog and myself, But if it does, Then only one man will win the Royal Rumble.

British Bulldog- Owen Hart is right, If it does come down to myself and him. Then we'll fight it out and see who will win. But tonight, We're gonna make sure Shawn Michaels and Sycho Sid don't make it to the Royal Rumble.

Michael Cole- Good luck to you guys, Fans, Up next it's the big main event!Owen Hart and British Bulldog take on Sycho Sid and Shawn Michaels!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Hollywood Holly defeats Marc Mero with the Hollywood Slam! (Monday Night Raw 1/13/97)

Despite Sycho Sid being involved, The match turned out to be a amazing tag team match between four huge stars in the World Wrestling Federation. Sycho Sid and Shawn Michaels started off clearing the ring of Owen Hart and British Bulldog. Owen and Bulldog decided to come back into the ring, And the brawl was on. Sid and Michaels had a few problems, First Michaels tossed Owen out to the floor, Sid went to irish whip Bulldog, But Bulldog countered and Sid went flying into Michaels, Knocking Michaels out to the floor! Bulldog then clotheslined Sid to the outside, Right onto Michaels! The four men got into it on the outside, And this time Michaels send Owen Hart into Sid, Sending Sid right into the steel steps! Then Michaels came off the top turnbuckle with a moonsault to Owen, Bulldog and Sid out on the floor! Michaels and Owen went back into the ring and showed off their great technical skill. Both men tried to out wrestle the other and put them away, But it was Owen Hart who caught Michaels with the enziguri kick, Knocking Michaels down! After that, It was Bulldog and Owen dominating Shawn Michaels. Bulldog and Owen used a rockerplex (one guy who holds the opponent into a vertical suplex position, While the other comes off the top with a cross body) for a near fall. Owen Hart worked over Michaels' leg and back, While Bulldog used his power and gorilla slammed Michaels. Sid got the crowd behind Michaels, But Michaels wasn't able to tag in Sid yet. Michaels kept taking a beating, Finally, Owen Hart and Bulldog went for a double DDT to Michaels, But Michaels countered and put both men down with a double DDT. Michaels then made the hot tag to Sid as the crowd came alive. Sid came into the ring and started cleaning house! Both Owen and Bulldog got the hell beaten out of them by right hands from Sid. Michaels and Owen ended up on the floor while Sid fought Bulldog in the ring. Sid was thrown into the corner by Bulldog who then tried a avalanche to Sid in the corner, But Sid moved out of the way and Bulldog hit the corner! Sid then booted Bulldog in the face and scored the win. After the match ended, Owen Hart came into the ring and he went after Sid! Michaels came back into the ring and went after Owen! Both teams got into a huge brawl! Scott Steiner then ran down from the back and put Michaels down with a clothesline! Sid took a clothesline from Steiner as well! Owen Hart, Scott Steiner and British Bulldog triple teamed Michaels and Sid, Until The Undertaker came down from the back with a steel chair! Owen Hart was the first one to take a shot right to the head! Bulldog was next and took one right to the back! Steiner then got nailed over the head as well! Undertaker threw down the chair as HBK got up............. The Undertaker grabbed Michaels by the throat and Choke Slammed Michaels! Undertaker turned around, And Sid booted him in the gut! Sid followed up with the Powerbomb to The Undertaker! Sycho Sid stood over Undertaker and Shawn Michaels as Steiner, Hart and Bulldog headed to the back. Sycho Sid was standing tall as Coachman yelled that Sid was the master and the ruler of the world right now, Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with the announcers asking who would win the Royal Rumble?

86, 99, 91 ****1\4

Overall Rating- 80

TV Rating- 7.36

Notes

"Brian Christopher and Scott Putski have a fantastic chemistry in the ring, it adds a lot to the match." -Pat Patterson

News

- The WWF has stolen Sho Funaki from USPW and signed him to a written contract.

OOC- If anyone wants to make me a Royal Rumble banner,

/forum/index.php?showtopic=16766&pid=298682&st=0">Go here

Thanks for the comments guys :D

user posted image

Channel: UPN

Attendance: 10,023

Ticket Sales: $400,920

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Who Will Be The World Wrestling Federation Champion?

Friday Night Mayhem opens up in a big way with the music of Bret "The Hitman" Hart hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. Bret Hart walks down to the ring as the announcers hype his huge match with Scott Hall this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. Bret Hart is handed microphone and prepares to talk, As this huge "Hitman" chant keeps going.

Bret Hart- Thank you for the ovation. I'm glad to be here tonight. You know, In just two days I step into the ring with Scott Hall. Scott Hall is of course the current World Wrestling Federation Champion. And this Sunday night, I got a feeling his title reign will come to an end. I got a feeling that at the Royal Rumble, The Scott Hall era in the World Wrestling Federation will end once and for all. Last Monday night everyone saw me and Scott Hall get into it. And I'm usually not the kind to get into fights, But after all Scott Hall has done to me and all the comments he's made about my family, Scott Hall is going to be pay this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. I'm going to be in my home country of Canada, Wrestling in front of family and friends, And the WWF Championship will go around my waist for a fourth time. I hope you're ready Scott Hall. Because I've never been more ready for anything in my whole entire life. I'm gonna walk into that arena this Sunday night with one goal in mind, One thing in mind. And that is to become the next World Wrestling Federation Champion. That's all I'm going to be thinking about at the Royal Rumble. I will lock you into the Sharpshooter and make you submit Scott Hall. You're going to be in my country, My backyard and I will walk out as the new World Wrestling Federation Champion. And I will go to Wrestlemania 13 and beat whoever challenges me for this title. The Royal Rumble will be my night. It will be the night where all the WWF fans will celebrate. The WWF fans will celebrate the fact that Scott Hall is no longer the World Wrestling Federation Champion. That title deserves to be around the waist of a true hero, Of a true role model, And a true fighting champion. And that man is me. So.............

The crowd boos as Scott Hall is shown on the big screen. Scott Hall has the WWF Championship over his shoulder.

Scott Hall- Hey yo........... Hey, Bret. Did you think Scott Hall wasn't gonna be here? Did you think Scott Hall wasn't gonna show up? I might not be out there in that arena, But I am here in the back. Commissioner Ric Flair has allowed me to stay in the back, I think he doesn't wanna see me come out there and beat the hell out of you like last Monday night. See, You come out here and talk about how Sunday night we're gonna be in your home country. How you're a role model, How you're everything a WWF Champion should be. But you're wrong. You're nothing like what a true WWF Champion should be. When you're the World Wrestling Federation Champion all you got to care about is yourself. That's all you need to care about. Yet you come out here and talk about how your family and friends are going to be there. You talk all this trash about Scott Hall. Do you really think your family being a ringside is going to make a difference? I told you that if I feel like it, I'll go right out there to ringside and smack your daddy right across his face! You shouldn't be concerned with them Bret. All you should care about is the WWF Championship. That's all you need to worry about. Oh yeah, You need to worry on how your ass is gonna beat me. You think it's going to be some cake walk? You're wrong Bret. I'm willing to do everything and anything it takes to walk out with the WWF Championship. This Sunday night where will be no more talking. No more talking about who's gonna walk out with this title Bret. And that man will be me. The Royal Rumble will determine who is the very best in the WWF, And that man is me.

Bret Hart- You're right about one thing, The Royal Rumble will determine who is the best in the World Wrestling Federation. Royal Rumble will be the day where one man walks away with the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Only one man will walk away with the WWF Championship. Only one man will leave as the WWF Champion. And you can bet that it will be me. I am the excellence of execution and already a three time WWF Champion. And this Sunday night you will find out that I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be when I'm done beating you and taking back what's mine.

Scott Hall's image fades from the screen as the music of "The Hitman" plays. Bret Hart poses in the ring as Coachman and Hendrix ask us who's gonna walk out of the Royal Rumble as the WWF Champion, Bret Hart or Scott Hall?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie Vs. Doug Furnas, Phillip LaFon and "All American" Bart Gunn

It was announced that at the Royal Rumble, The Money Mine would take on the Party Squad in six men tag team action. This one was a pretty solid match, Duke Droese seems to be getting more over as a heel each and every time he steps into the ring. The Money Mine started off getting their asses handed to them. Bart Gunn took out all three members of The Money Mine with clotheslines, And Furnas and LaFon followed up with drop kicks sending them out to the floor. They got into it on the outside with "All" American Bart Gunn sending Droese right into the front row! The action got into the ring with LaFon out wrestling Diamond and getting the better of Diamond. Diamond took a nasty back suplex by LaFon here, Almost getting LaFon the win. Thanks to a little help from Swinger, Diamond was able to take down LaFon. The Money Mine isolated LaFon and beat him down like a government mule. Dawn Marie even got involed a couple times, Choking Lafon down on the ropes and hitting him with Droese's Million Dollar Championship belt. After getting his butt kicked for several minutes, LaFon took down Swinger and Diamond with a pair of spinning heel kicks and made the hot tag to Bart. Bart Gunn came into the ring all riled up and started knocking down each member of The Money Mine who stood in his way. All six men got into it, With Furnas and LaFon battling Diamond and Swinger in the ring. Bart Gunn atomic dropped Droese three times and followed up with three clotheslines! Bart Gunn went for the Forearm Shot, But Droese countered into the Money Compactor as Bart was coming off the ropes, And picked up the win for The Money Mine! The Money Mine headed to the back with the victory while Hendrix said that Jannetty and his two bums would suffer the same fate this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble.

68, 72, 80 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

D'Lo Brown and Scorpio officially ended as a tag team, But no one even mentioned or cares. Rumor has it that D'Lo Brown is scheduled to get a big push this year. Possibly winning the Intercontinental Championship later in the year. He could be this year's King Of The Ring winner as well. This match didn't have the crowd into it too much. But it was one hell of a match up. Disco Inferno started off shoving D'Lo aside and doing his disco dancing. D'Lo responded by punching Disco right in the face! D'Lo Brown started off hot here, Gaining several near falls on Disco and sending Disco right out to the floor with a aggressive clothesline. They brawled on the outside with Disco sending D'Lo Brown right into the steel steps. Disco then dropped D'Lo right across the steel guardrail! Disco pounded D'Lo inside the ring, Using stomps and punches to D'Lo in the corner. D'Lo Brown tried mounting a offense several times, But Disco would always stop him. Disco came very close to winning this match with a swinging neck breaker to Brown, But D'Lo kicked out at two. Disco continued beating D'Lo down and connected with the Last Dance, But instead of covering, Disco went up top. Disco went for a frog splash, But D'Lo moved out of the way! This allowed D'Lo to make his comeback. D'Lo caught Disco with his usual moves, Getting D'Lo several two counts. D'Lo Brown caught Disco with the Sky High and went up top. D'Lo Brown came off the top with the Lo Down and scored the win. D'Lo Brown posed and celebrated his big win with the announcers hyping him as the future of the WWF.

71, 68, 91 ***1\2

Interview with Al Snow and Steve Austin

We go to the back where Kevin Kelly is standing by with Al Snow and Steve Austin.

Kevin Kelly- I am standing by with Al Snow and Steve Austin, The current World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions. And tonight you two will put the titles on the line against the team you beat for those titles, Brian Adams and Brian Lee. We're just two days away from the Royal Rumble, So this is a huge match for the two of you. You two got alot of history with Adams and Lee, Is there anyway you two are going to be able to pull off the win tonight?

Al Snow- Is there anyway we can pull off the win? You said it yourself Kevin, We beat those two losers for the WWF Tag Team Championship. We beat them for our second title reign. You think we're concerned with Adams and Lee? We're fighting champions. Brian Adams and Brian Lee are no one. They can't beat us. Al Snow and Steve Austin are the greatest tag team in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. Look at all the names we've beaten, We've beaten Adams and Lee like a million times within the span of three months! We're the champions and we're leaving as champions tonight. Brian Adams and Brian Lee might have stolen the titles from us back in October, But we got them back didn't we? And tonight we're going to beat those two once again. Al Snow and Steve Austin are the champions for a reason, And Lee and Adams will be finding that out tonight.

Steve Austin- You know, My partner Al Snow seems to be all right with having to defend the titles tonight, But I'm not. I didn't come here to this stinking town expecting to have to be defending the titles. We already have to face the senior connection at the Royal Rumble, And they want us to face two guys like Lee and Adams tonight? It's typical WWF making the champions having to defend the titles before a huge Pay Per View event. It's typical WWF putting Al Snow and Steve Austin in this kind of situation, Just because we beat down Perfect and Martel last week. Tonight we'll put the titles on the line and we'll make sure Brian Adams and Brian Lee don't ever challenge us for the titles.

Kevin Kelly- At the Royal Rumble it's going to be the both of you taking on Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect for the titles, That is if you walk out of here with the titles. Over the last couple of weeks we've seen the situation between you two teams evolve into a bitter rivalry. What are your comments on Sunday's match with Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel?

Steve Austin- Kevin, Do you think we're worried about those two wind bags? Sure, They gave us a fight on Monday Night Raw and even busted me open, But we're not gonna lose to those two at the Royal Rumble. I'm not gonna tap out to the Quebec Crab like Al was doing on Monday night, If Rick Martel even gets me in the Quebec Crab, I'll use all my power and break out of it. I won't let some forty year old make a mockery out of the titles. This match should have never even been signed. But Al let himself get outsmarted by those two morons. But it's okay Al, We're going into the Royal Rumble with one goal in mind. And that is to win. Unlike Al, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to win this Sunday night. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin don't fear nobody. And that includes two washed up has beens. I'm going to show the whole world that we're ready for the Royal Rumble. Me and Al Snow are going to walk into Montreal, Quebec, Canada and wipe the floor with those two.

Al Snow- Heh, Steve thinks it's all easy. It's not gonna be a cake walk on Sunday night, I hope you are ready Steve. I hope you're as ready as you say you are. Because I'd hate to lose the titles when I'm not the one getting pinned. You know, Like when you lost them to Adams and Lee? And as far as Martel getting me in the Quebec Crab, He could try it again this Sunday night. I hope he tries, I'll give him something to think of at the Royal Rumble. This Sunday night will be the night of Al Snow and Steve Austin. We both made our debuts last year at the Royal Rumble, And while I beat my opponent and Steve was tossed over the top rope, We'll make this Royal Rumble something to remember.

Kevin Kelly- Fans, Up next we'll see Steve Austin and Al Snow defend the titles against Brian Adams and Brian Lee! Don't go away!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The crowd was into this match up big time. Despite not being used as much as before, Adams and Lee are still over big time with the crowd. This one started off with a huge brawl. Adams and Lee cleared the ring of Snow and Austin and went right out to the floor after them. Lee dominated Al Snow while Adams beat the hell out of Austin. They came into the ring, Where Al Snow was getting beat down by both Lee and Adams with Austin standing around on the outside, Looking like he was waiting for them to finish with Snow! Austin then came into the ring and got beat down as well! And Snow just went to his corner and watched Austin get beaten down! Finally, Snow and Austin were able to work together and isolate Brian Adams. Lee got the crowd extremely hot, Trying to get them into Adams as he took a pounding from Snow and Austin. the announcers kept asking if maybe Snow and Austin were having a problems with one another, But Hendrix told Coachman not to stir it up. Coachman said that they're just frustrated about having to fight before the Royal Rumble. After catching both Austin and Snow with a flying clothesline, Adams made the hot tag to Lee. Lee came into the ring and started cleaning house! Lee took out Austin with a big boot while Snow took a tilt a whirl slam from Adams. Lee and Adams connected with the Heart Punch, Life Sentence combo to Snow and almost won the titles, But Austin somehow made the save! Austin and Adams fought on the floor, Leaving Lee and Snow in the ring. Lee caught Snow with a devastating sidewalk slam, But the referee was on the outside checking on Adams, Who got send right into the steel ring post face first by Austin! Austin came into the ring and stomped on the back of Lee's head! Austin hit the Stone Cold Stunner to Lee and rolled Snow on top of Lee to score the win! Austin then grabbed both titles and helped Al Snow to the back. Hendrix said he saw no problems between Austin and Snow, And that Coachman just wants to stir it up.

78, 88, 88 ***3/4

The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Ric Flair finds Ron Simmons' opponent!

We go to the office of Commissioner Ric Flair, Ric Flair is at his desk when the door opens. Flair looks up and smiles. We see that John Bradshaw has entered Flair's office.

John Bradshaw- Commissioner, I am tried of seeing that no good Ron Simmons coming around and whining and crying about how he's been treated unfairly and how he should be in the Royal Rumble. Hell, I'm not in the Royal Rumble and I haven't complained about it. I heard that he laid down the challenge for anyone to meet him in the Royal Rumble, And I want him his ass at the Royal Rumble. I want his ass at the '97 Royal Rumble this Sunday night!

Ric Flair- You want Ron Simmons? You want Ron Simmons one on one this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble? Is that what you're asking me for?

John Bradshaw- Damn right I am. I want Ron Simmons this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. I want him one on one in that very ring. I'm gonna teach him a lesson WWF style. Here in the WWF you earn your spot. And he thinks he can come and go as he pleases? He'll get a tough reality check this Sunday night.

Ric Flair- All right, You got it! Wooooooo! You and Ron Simmons one on one at the Royal Rumble. Good luck John, It should be one heck of a match between two great superstars. And if you win, I see title shots in your future.

John Bradshaw- Thank you Commissioner. You tell Ron Simmons he's got a date with a bad Texan at the Royal Rumble.

John Bradshaw leaves Flair's office as we go to a commercial break. It'll be Ron Simmons versus John Bradshaw at the Royal Rumble!

John Bradshaw gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Billy Gunn with Sunny Vs. Ahmed Johnson

The crowd was into this horrible match up. Probably the worst match these two have been in for awhile. Good thing Billy Gunn has Sunny, Or he'd be back in midcard with Bart Gunn. The match was mostly kicking and punching, With Ahmed Johnson yelling alot. Sunny got involved a few times, Distracting Johnson which allowed Billy Gunn to take control of this match. Billy used chokes and stomps to Ahmed Johnson in the corner and locked Johnson into a long neck vice. After about two minutes of being locked into Billy's neck vice, Ahmed Johnson started showing signs of life and started beating down Billy. Ahmed Johnson ran right over Billy with a stiff clothesline and tossed Billy out to the floor. Ahmed Johnson hit a over the top rope to Billy right on the floor! Both men went back into the ring, Where they knocked each other down with a double clothesline. Suddenly, the music of Jacobs hit the arena and out came the big man being lead by Bob Backlund. Jacobs came into the ring and ran right over both Billy Gunn and Ahmed Johnson with a double clothesline! This caused a no contest! Jacobs grabbed Billy Gunn by the throat and Choke Slammed Billy Gunn! Ahmed Johnson was next and took a huge Choke Slam as well! Sunny ran to the back, As the announcers said Jacobs didn't care if you were a man or a woman! Bob Backlund stood over both men and laughed while Jacobs just looked crazy.

72, 85, 69 *3/4

Taka Michinoku Comes In Two Days!

Another video is shown hyping the debut of Taka Michinoku. Several action shots of Michinoku are shown, With Vince McMahon narrating the video, Saying that Taka Michinoku is one of the world's premier Light Heavyweight talent despite only being twenty three years old. The video ends with a shot of Taka Michinoku coming off the top rope, It says he's coming at the Royal Rumble. Two days from now!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Excellent match up here, Brian Christopher and Scott Putski both tore down the house with a excellent showing. Chavo Guerrero was at the commentary position, Hyping his match with Brian Christopher at the Royal Rumble. The announcers and Chavo kept hyping the Light Heavyweight action, Telling us that the Light Heavyweight wrestlers are the quickest wrestlers in all the world. Chavo said he would love to be crowned the first ever Light Heavyweight Champion, Hinting that a tournament could start soon for the title. Coachman asked what Chavo's thoughts were on Taka Michinoku showing up at the Royal Rumble, Chavo Guerrero responded by saying he's seen Taka in action and that he'd love to wrestle Taka one on one. Chavo said he wasn't going to be in the Royal Rumble match, But he was facing "Jerry's kid" earlier in the night. Putski had control early on, But Christopher used a few cheap tricks to take control. Christopher kept doing his obnoxious laugh at Chavo who was at ringside, And taunted Chavo several times. Putski made the comeback after taking a beating and started taking down Christopher. Putski used a few drop kicks and back drops to Christopher, But couldn't put Christopher away. Putski put Christopher up top and went up with Christopher. Putski tried a superplex, But Christopher countered by shoving Putski down to the canvas! Christopher then came flying off the top with the Tennessee Jam to Putski and scored the win. Afterwords, Christopher taunted Chavo from inside the ring as the announcers hyped the Light Heavyweight action this Sunday night!

74, 71, 95 ****

Interview with British Bulldog and Owen Hart

We go to the interview area where Michael Cole is standing by with British Bulldog and Owen Hart.

Michael Cole- Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Tonight you two are going to once again join forces. You'll team up to take on Sycho Sid and Shawn Michaels in a huge tag team main event. After all the problems you two have had with Sycho Sid, And the times you've joined forces with Scott Steiner, I got to wonder if there's something going on between the three of you? Is there an alliance between you two men and Scott Steiner? And are you two getting the team back together?

Owen Hart- First of all, There's no alliance between us and Scott Steiner. We're three men who just dislike Sycho Sid. It's a casual type deal. And second of all, Me and Bulldog are always gonna be a team. We're brothers in law. We're family, Blood. But here in the WWF, We won't be teaming up. I know all the fans would love to see a real team hold the titles, But Bulldog and myself have already accomplished everything we could as the champions. Bulldog knows that anytime he needs me, I'm there for him. Because that's what family is all about. I just wish my brother Bret wasn't so selfish and realized that. And as far as Shawn Michaels and Sycho Sid go, Do you two really think you stand a chance against us? Wasn't it just two years ago that Sid powerbombed Michaels like five times? And put you out Shawn? I'd have a hard time trusting Sid. And Sid, Wasn't it Shawn Michaels that in a single match, Super kicked you three times in the face? You can't trust Shawn Michaels either big man!

British Bulldog- Just like Owen said, We're always gonna be a team. Because we're family. But we're not gonna team up to chase titles. We've been there and done that. We've beaten every team there was to beat. They should have retired the titles after we dropped them. But tonight these fans will see us team up once again. To take on two common enemies. Two men who we'd love to eliminate before the Royal Rumble. And those two men are Shawn Michaels and Sycho Sid. Two men we know very well. I hope the two of you are ready for tonight's match. Because Owen Hart and myself are gonna give you everything we got. And Michael, As far as Scott Steiner is concerned, He watches our back and we watch his. There's nothing more than that. Don't expect us to be helping him in the Royal Rumble.

Michael Cole- Speaking of the Royal Rumble match, You two will be in the Royal Rumble. What happens if it comes down to the two of you?

Owen Hart- Michael, Stop trying to get us to fight. It's not gonna happen. We're not gonna get into it here. And if it's down to the two of us at the Royal Rumble, Then we'll see who the better man is at the Royal Rumble. No big deal. Hopefully it won't come down to Bulldog and myself, But if it does, Then only one man will win the Royal Rumble.

British Bulldog- Owen Hart is right, If it does come down to myself and him. Then we'll fight it out and see who will win. But tonight, We're gonna make sure Shawn Michaels and Sycho Sid don't make it to the Royal Rumble.

Michael Cole- Good luck to you guys, Fans, Up next it's the big main event!Owen Hart and British Bulldog take on Sycho Sid and Shawn Michaels!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Hollywood Holly defeats Marc Mero with the Hollywood Slam! (Monday Night Raw 1/13/97)

Despite Sycho Sid being involved, The match turned out to be a amazing tag team match between four huge stars in the World Wrestling Federation. Sycho Sid and Shawn Michaels started off clearing the ring of Owen Hart and British Bulldog. Owen and Bulldog decided to come back into the ring, And the brawl was on. Sid and Michaels had a few problems, First Michaels tossed Owen out to the floor, Sid went to irish whip Bulldog, But Bulldog countered and Sid went flying into Michaels, Knocking Michaels out to the floor! Bulldog then clotheslined Sid to the outside, Right onto Michaels! The four men got into it on the outside, And this time Michaels send Owen Hart into Sid, Sending Sid right into the steel steps! Then Michaels came off the top turnbuckle with a moonsault to Owen, Bulldog and Sid out on the floor! Michaels and Owen went back into the ring and showed off their great technical skill. Both men tried to out wrestle the other and put them away, But it was Owen Hart who caught Michaels with the enziguri kick, Knocking Michaels down! After that, It was Bulldog and Owen dominating Shawn Michaels. Bulldog and Owen used a rockerplex (one guy who holds the opponent into a vertical suplex position, While the other comes off the top with a cross body) for a near fall. Owen Hart worked over Michaels' leg and back, While Bulldog used his power and gorilla slammed Michaels. Sid got the crowd behind Michaels, But Michaels wasn't able to tag in Sid yet. Michaels kept taking a beating, Finally, Owen Hart and Bulldog went for a double DDT to Michaels, But Michaels countered and put both men down with a double DDT. Michaels then made the hot tag to Sid as the crowd came alive. Sid came into the ring and started cleaning house! Both Owen and Bulldog got the hell beaten out of them by right hands from Sid. Michaels and Owen ended up on the floor while Sid fought Bulldog in the ring. Sid was thrown into the corner by Bulldog who then tried a avalanche to Sid in the corner, But Sid moved out of the way and Bulldog hit the corner! Sid then booted Bulldog in the face and scored the win. After the match ended, Owen Hart came into the ring and he went after Sid! Michaels came back into the ring and went after Owen! Both teams got into a huge brawl! Scott Steiner then ran down from the back and put Michaels down with a clothesline! Sid took a clothesline from Steiner as well! Owen Hart, Scott Steiner and British Bulldog triple teamed Michaels and Sid, Until The Undertaker came down from the back with a steel chair! Owen Hart was the first one to take a shot right to the head! Bulldog was next and took one right to the back! Steiner then got nailed over the head as well! Undertaker threw down the chair as HBK got up............. The Undertaker grabbed Michaels by the throat and Choke Slammed Michaels! Undertaker turned around, And Sid booted him in the gut! Sid followed up with the Powerbomb to The Undertaker! Sycho Sid stood over Undertaker and Shawn Michaels as Steiner, Hart and Bulldog headed to the back. Sycho Sid was standing tall as Coachman yelled that Sid was the master and the ruler of the world right now, Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with the announcers asking who would win the Royal Rumble?

86, 99, 91 ****1\4

Overall Rating- 80

TV Rating- 7.36

Notes

"Brian Christopher and Scott Putski have a fantastic chemistry in the ring, it adds a lot to the match." -Pat Patterson

News

- The WWF has stolen Sho Funaki from USPW and signed him to a written contract.

OOC- If anyone wants to make me a Royal Rumble banner,

/forum/index.php?showtopic=16766&pid=298682&st=0">Go here

Thanks for the comments guys :D

user posted image

Date: January 18, 1997

We are just one day away from the 1997 Royal Rumble. And tonight Shane and Todd will bring you all of the week's wildest action on RAW Saturday Night. We'll be taking a look at the explosive situation between Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Scott Hall as we lead  into their WWF Championship match this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. Both men got into it twice on Monday Night Raw, And got into a heated confrontation on Friday Night Mayhem. Tonight we'll also take a look at the situation between Ron Simmons and the WWF, And the man who accepted his challenge for the Royal Rumble. But that's not all, Joining Shane and Todd at the studio will be Paul Ellering. One of the greatest managers of our time. Ellering says he will have a new tag team with him tonight! And we'll also have a interview with one of the favorites to win the Royal Rumble, Goldust!

And in tonight's special main event, We'll see Cactus Jack battle "The Wildman" Marc Mero! Plus, Hunter Hearst Helmsley will also be in action! Don't miss RAW Saturday Night tonight!

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Channel: USA Network

Date: January 18, 1997

Attendance: 10,019

Ticket Sales: $400,760

Announcers: Todd Pettengill and Shane McMahon

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to the WWF studios where we see Todd Pettengill and Shane McMahon standing behind a big desk. The WWF logo is behind them.

Shane McMahon- Welcome to RAW Saturday Night fans. I'm Shane McMahon and alongside me is Todd Pettengill. And it has been quite the wild week in the World Wrestling Federation. And we're just one day away from the 1997 Royal Rumble, And that should be quite the wild event tomorrow night from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Todd, Tonight's gonna be quite the wild night as well. Paul Ellering will be joining us in the studio, And we'll take a look at the best highlights of the week, And some great matches will take place.

Todd Pettengill- Oh yeah, Tonight's gonna be a very wild night on Todd's show. RAW Saturday Night. We're live on the USA Network and Shane, The Royal Rumble is upon us. And tomorrow night Todd is gonna be backstage at the Royal Rumble. Todd's gonna be hanging out with all the guys in the back, And who knows? Maybe The Todd will announce the Pay Per View. But tonight, It's all about RAW Saturday Night. One night away from the Royal Rumble, Big Pay Per View to kick off the year.

Shane McMahon- Tonight we also got Cactus Jack taking on "The Wildman" Marc Mero in the main event. And Paul Ellering will be joining us in the studio. We understand he's found a new team to manage to the top of the WWF. We haven't seen Ellering in the WWF in quite sometime.

Todd Pettengill- Todd's looking forward to seeing Ellering back, Especially managing a big tag team. Ellering is down with The Todd, And Todd likes Ellering alot. Should be a good moment on RAW Saturday Night. And I can't wait to see my boy Cactus Jack take on Marc Mero, Hopefully Cactus Jack destroys that moron "The Wildman" once and for all.

Shane McMahon- Fans, Lets take you to the ring where Jacobs is in handicap action!

Handicap Match

Jacobs with Bob Backlund Vs. Hardy Boyz

Squash match, But a good one. Jacobs destroyed the Hardy Boyz here. The point of this one was to make Jacobs look like a threat for the Royal Rumble. Jacobs tossed the Hardy Boyz around like a couple of rag dolls and just kicked their asses while the announcers kept hyping him as the biggest threat of the Royal Rumble. The Hardy Boyz were able to get some offense in on Jacobs, But he quickly fought them off. The ending saw Jacobs Choke Slam both Hardy Boyz at the same time! Jacobs then hit Matt Hardy with another Choke Slam and finished Jeff off with the Powerbomb Of Pain! Jacobs pinned both Hardy Boyz to score the win. After the match ended, Jacobs gave the Hardy Boyz another pair of Choke Slams at the request of Bob Backlund. Jacobs stood tall over the Hardy Boyz while Bob Backlund laughed.

67, 65, 86 ***

Shane McMahon- Big win for Jacobs as we head into tomorrow night's Royal Rumble. Jacobs is certainly one of the favorites to win the Royal Rumble match. And with Bob Backlund in his corner, I think he could do it. I think Jacobs could win the Royal Rumble tomorrow night.

Todd Pettengill- No doubt about it Shane-O, Jacobs is a personal friend of Todd's and I think Jacobs is going to win the Royal Rumble tomorrow night. Jacobs has got the size advantage and he's got Bob Backlund in his corner. Plus, Todd is a friend of Jacobs, And Todd's friends are winners. And I guess the Hardy Boyz will have to try to solve the mystery of how easily Jacobs beat them?

Shane McMahon- You're friends with Jacobs? That's funny Todd, I don't think I've ever seen Jacobs hanging out with anyone except Backlund.

Todd Pettengill- Well, Jacobs is a loner of sorts. But he's very good friends with Todd. He just don't like most people Shane. Except Todd. Jacobs is down with the T. And Todd's promising the world that Jacobs is winning the big Royal Rumble match. He's unstoppable.

Shane McMahon- Fans, When RAW Saturday Night returns from the commercial break, Paul Ellering will join us in the studio. Paul Ellering is considered one of the greatest managers of all time, And he's going to be having a new team with him tonight. Who will it be? Find out when RAW Saturday Night returns.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Paul Ellering announces his new team!

RAW Saturday Night returns from the commercial break with some clips of Paul Ellering from when he managed the Legion Of Doom in the WWF. We then go to Todd and Shane.

Shane McMahon- There's some clips of one of the greatest managers of all time, Paul Ellering. Tonight Paul Ellering will be joining us and he says he's got a new tag team that he's going to manage. Who could it be? Who has Ellering set his sights on?

Todd Pettengill- I don't know, But knowing Ellering the way Todd does, It's going to be a big team. Paul Ellering only manages the best and I got a feeling he's found a big team with alot of potential.

Shane McMahon- Fans, We understand Paul Ellering is ready to come out here. So lets see who he's got with him.

Paul Ellering makes his way to the set and following him, Is the Harris Brothers! Ellering shakes hands with Todd and Shane while the Harris Brothers stand behind Ellering.

Todd Pettengill- Wow! The Harris Brothers! Todd was just telling Shane how you'd pick a team with alot of potential to manage, And you have! Look at this team Shane! Two big men with alot of power. I knew you'd pick someone with alot of potential, Shane thought you were gonna pick some scrubs, But it's like the Toddster says, Ellering is a smart man who'll only pick the best.

Shane McMahon- I never said anything Todd, But it's good to have you here Paul. So why the Harris Brothers?

Paul Ellering- Why? Look at these two men Shane. Well over six feet tall. Over two hundred fifty pounds of force. And they got something all the other teams in the World Wrestling Federation are missing, Unity! They're brothers. Twins! They got unity like no other tag team in the WWF. The Harris Brothers were tired of having to sit around and wait for their opportunity at the gold. The Harris Brothers are the men who's going to go right to the top of the WWF tag team division thanks to my great my managing skills. The Harris Brothers are going straight to the top of the tag team scene. And nobody can stop them. Every tag team in the World Wrestling Federation will fear the Harris Brothers. Every tag team will learn to fear these men when their music hits the arena. And very soon, These men will make an impact. And Todd, Shane, Next time we join you guys from the WWF studio, These two men will have the WWF Tag Team Championship around their waists. Now if you'll excuse us, These men need to hit the gym. They're gonna be working hard and doing whatever it takes to be the best in the WWF. And we have no time to waste with you two. Come on guys!

Ellering and the Harris Brothers leave the studio.

Paul Ellering debuted his new gimmick (Sports Agent), it got a positive response.

Don Harris's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Don Harris gained overness from this turn.

Ron Harris's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Ron Harris gained overness from this turn.

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman Vs. Bull Buchnan and "Hindu Hero" Tiger Ali Singh

Good tag team match up here, The crowd was into some of it, Booing Tiger and chanting "USA" through out the match. Benoit and Pillman had control of this one early on, Using their quickness against the team of Buchanan and Singh. But Bull was able to catch Benoit with a big clothesline to turn things over and give him and Tiger the advantage. Bull and Tiger pounded away on the Canada Crippler, With Pillman getting the crowd behind Benoit to make a hot tag. Benoit kept taking a beating like no other, Until he was able to take out both Bull and Tiger with a pair of German suplexes and make the hot tag to Pillman. Pillman came into the ring and started to clean house. Tiger and Bull got nailed by a pair of drop kicks from Pillman, The ending came with Benoit tossing Bull to the outside, Leaving Tiger alone with Pillman and Benoit. Benoit and Pillman finished Tiger off with a double DDT to score the win.

67, 67, 83 **3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ron Simmons/John Bradshaw video

From Monday Night Raw

We go to the back where we see Ron Simmons walking. Ron Simmons doesn't look happy, And McMahon says that it could be because no one accepted his challenge. Ron Simmons bumps right into Commissioner Ric Flair.

Ric Flair- Ron Simmons, Just the man I was looking for. Woooooooooo!

Ron Simmons- Oh really? You were looking for me? The Commmissioner of the World Wrestling Federation was looking for me? What do you want? I'm right here "Nature Boy"!

Ric Flair- Yeah, I saw you on Friday night. You came down to the ring and started talking about how you've been mistreated. And how you were gonna make the World Wrestling Federation pay for it. Hey, I got no problem with you Ron. But I do have a problem with you trying to attack innocent guys. Now, You're here with the Commissioner of the WWF. What can I do for you?

Ron Simmons- What can you do for me? That's what you're asking me?

Ric Flair- Yeah, What can I do for you Ron? What do you want exactly?

Ron Simmons- What do I want? I want some damn respect around here. I been here for one year. One year of sitting on my ass waiting for a chance! And I come back and they tell me I can't enter the Royal Rumble. What the hell is up with that? Why can't I enter the Royal Rumble?

Ric Flair- I'm sorry, But all thirty spots have been filled. If someone drops out or something, Then maybe you can take their spot. But you're not entered in the Royal Rumble match. You should have filled all the paper work to enter yourself in the Royal Rumble.

Ron Simmons- Paper work? Do I look like I'm gonna sign some damn papers? Fine, I can't enter the Royal Rumble? Then give me a WWF Championship match tonight on Monday Night Raw! I know I don't need any papers for a title shot! Gimme Scott Hall tonight for the title. I'm gonna beat his ass tonight and become the WWF Champion!

Ric Flair- I can't do that either. The match is already booked for the Royal Rumble between Scott Hall and Bret Hart. And I don't think Scott Hall can wrestle tonight after his brawl with Bret Hart. But I'll tell you what Ron, Sunday at the Royal Rumble you will be wrestling. Pay Per View, Montreal, Quebec, Canada wooooooooo!

Ron Simmons- Oh really? And who will it be that I will be fighting?

Ric Flair- See, I don't know yet. I hope someone volunteers this Friday night or later tonight. And if someone doesn't volunteer, Then I'll pick someone myself to face you at the Royal Rumble.

Ron Simmons- So, That's how it's gonna be? I ain't even gonna get to know who wants a match with me? That's all right with me Flair. Because whoever gets in that ring with me at the Royal Rumble will get the beating of a lifetime. You got that?

Ric Flair- We'll see about that won't we? Now, Since you don't have any business being here for the rest of the night, I think you should leave.

Ron Simmons- Fine, I will leave. And I'll see whoever steps up to the plate, At the Royal Rumble!

Ron Simmons walks off, Shouting about how badly the WWF has treated him. We go to a commercial break with a shot of Flair smiling.

From Friday Night Mayhem

Rocky Maivia Vs. Alex Wright with Joanie Laurer

The crowd was into this match big time. Rocky Maivia is quite over, Despite only being a smiling babyface. And everyone hates Wright and Laurer. Laurer kept waving the German flag while Alex Wright and Rocky Maivia went at it. The rookie sensation, Maivia kept getting the best of Wright early on, Using his quickness and basically out wrestling Wright. Wright was able to take control of the match when he caught Rocky with a powerslam. Wright stomped down on Rocky and used several chokes on Maivia in the corner. Wright even tossed Maivia to the outside, Which allowed Laurer to clothesline and body slam Maivia! Wright had control of the match when they came back into the ring and started really taking it to Maivia. Maivia was able to mount an offense after catching Wright with a DDT and started coming really close to putting Wright away. Rocky called for the Third Generation Syndrome, But Laurer came into the ring and clotheslined Rocky! Giving Rocky a win via disqualification! Afterwords, Wright held Rocky back as Laurer grabbed the German flag. She went to hit Rocky with the pole, But Rocky ducked and she accidentally hit Wright! Rocky then threw Wright into Laurer knocking them both to the outside! Rocky tossed the flag to the outside as the fans chanted "USA". Wright and Laurer went to the back while Rocky celebrated his victory.

72, 78, 82 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Goldust and Marlena

RAW Saturday Night comes back on the air with several clips of Goldust, Including his wins over Razor Ramon and Mr. Perfect. We're then taken backstage where we see Goldust and Marlena standing by.

Goldust- We are just one day away from the 1997 Royal Rumble. Tomorrow night will be the defining moment in the careers of twenty nine men, And you want to know why? Because tomorrow night those twenty nine men will have to step into the ring with me. They will have to step into the ring with Goldust. Those twenty nine other men will look into my eyes tomorrow night during the Royal Rumble match and they will know that Goldust is unstoppable. The Royal Rumble will be the night of the golden one. There's no stopping me. Victory will be mine this Sunday night. I will make sure that those twenty nine men go flying over that top rope, And I will make sure that come Wrestlemania 13, Goldust will be the one in the main event. The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Sycho Sid, All those men are going to lose to the golden one. There's no stopping us. January 19th will mark a whole new beginning for the World Wrestling Federation. January 19th, 1997 will mark the day when the era of Goldust begins. And when the Royal Rumble is all over and done with, No one will ever forget the name of Goldust ever again.

Marlena- Goldust is ready, The question is are the men entered in the Royal Rumble ready? We'll find out tomorrow night, Won't we?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Scorpio

Poor Scorpio, His former partner D'Lo Brown seems to be getting pushed while Scorpio isn't doing anything other than jobbing. This was a non title match. The match was mostly all Helmsley, Scorpio had some brief offense, But Helmsley kept out wrestling Scorpio and getting the better out of the high flier. Scorpio was finally able to get the ball rolling after catching Helmsley with a devastating enziguri kick to the back of the head. Scorpio tossed Helmsley out to the floor and dove over the top rope with a somersault plancha to the Intercontinental Champion on the outside! Scorpio ended up going for the Diss That Don't Miss, But Helmsley moved out of the way and Scorpio hit the canvas! Helmsley followed up with the Pedigree and scored the one, two, three. After the match ended, Helmsley posed with his title while the announcers hyped his match with Jesse James tomorrow night.

67, 72, 79 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Quebecers Vs. Fatu and Yokozuna

Pretty good tag team match up between these two teams. The crowd was booing The Quebecers through out the match, With several "faggot" chants when Jacques and Pierre hugged before the bell rang. The start was all Yokozuna and Fatu tossing around The Quebecers, Using their size advantage. Thanks to their usual tricks, The Quebecers were able to isolate Fatu. After taking a long beating from The Quebecers, Fatu was able to make the hot tag to Yokozuna. Yokozuna came into the ring and started cleaning house. Yokozuna took out both Jacques and Pierre with a pair of clotheslines as Fatu came to. Both Yokozuna and Fatu double clotheslined Jacques, Sending him out to the floor. The match came to an end with Pierre hitting Yokozuna with a low blow, And then rolling him up for the cheap victory.

66, 73, 76 **1/4

Taka Michinoku video

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bret Hart/Scott Hall video

From Monday Night Raw

Scott Hall- Hey yo........... The crowd boos. You wanna know something? I'm in a good mood tonight. I'm in a very good mood tonight. See, We're six days away from the Royal Rumble. Six days from now, I'm gonna be stepping into the ring with Bret "The Hitman" Hart. You know, The guy who comes out here with the pink and black and talks about what a joke Scott Hall is? You know, The Canadian who thinks he's taking this title away from me? I don't get Bret. I seriously don't. He thinks he's gonna beat me? Has he seen what I've done since my return? I come back in September and beat the living hell out of the boy toy to make a major statement in the WWF. Then, October I win the battle royal which involved Bret Hart to earn a shot at the title. And we all remember the Survivor Series don't we? I beat Shawn Michaels for this title. December? I beat Michaels once again, This time in the match I made famous, The ladder match. And now Bret Hart thinks he's gonna beat me? He thinks he's gonna end the Scott Hall era in the WWF? For four months now I been on top of the mountain. I was the only man who was able to defeat Shawn Michaels for the title. And lets not forget that Shawn beat Bret for the title to begin with. If you think I'm losing the title to Bret Hart in filthy Canada, Then all you people are morons. I don't give a damn where we are. Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, I'm gonna beat Bret Hart. I'm not gonna do it for the American fans, Or for America. I'm doing it for myself. And I'm gonna defeat Bret Hart in his country. And there's nothing anyone can do about it. You think the Canadian fans will be stopping me? You think he's going to be able to walk away with my title? This is about the title. Nothing more. The WWF Championship means more than life itself to any man who walks through these doors. I know that better than anyone, Two months, Two months I've had this title around my waist. Nobody has beaten me. Not Shawn, Not Sid, Not anyone! And Bret Hart won't do it. Everyone will know Scott Hall can't be stopped at the Royal Rumble. And after I defeat Bret Hart at the Royal Rumble, I'm gonna go to Wrestlemania 13 and defeat whoever wins the Royal Rumble. Whether it's Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Sycho Sid, Or one of the three mystery entrants. And Bret Hart will know six days from now, That Scott Hall can't be stopped. You can try, But I'll run right over you. And then, I will...........

Bret Hart's music hits the arena and all the fans stand up off their seat and give "The Hitman" a huge ovation. Bret Hart walks through the curtains and stands on the entrance ramp holding a microphone. Bret Hart's also in street clothing, With his traditional "Hitman" jacket over his shirt.

Bret Hart- You know, I heard you coming out here and I'm very surprised Scott. I'm very surprised that you didn't come out here and start making a goof out of yourself. You spoke from the heart, And I agree with you for once. I agree with your point about being the WWF Champion. This title is the most important title in all of pro wrestling. Nothing can compare to being the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Nothing else matters except for this title. The title that's around your waist. And I've held it three times in my career. And this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble, I'm looking to make it number four. And it will happen. And you wanna know why it's gonna happen at the Royal Rumble?

Scott Hall- Why is that Bret? Why do you think you're gonna take this from me?

Bret Hart- Because it's not only the fact that we're in my home country of Canada, It's not only the fact that my friends and family will all be at the event, It's because of the fact that you as champion has brought shame to this company and all the fans of the World Wrestling Federation. And you won't keep that title. Your title reign will come to an end at the Royal Rumble. I will make sure of that Scott Hall. I been waiting for a shot at the World Wrestling Federation Championship ever since Wrestlemania XII. And it will happen at the Royal Rumble. The fans in Montreal, Quebec, Canada will not be screwed by seeing you walking out of the Royal Rumble with the WWF Championship. Scott Hall, That title belongs to me and you know it. And at the Royal Rumble, All my Canadian fans will see win it back and bring the title back to where it belongs. And it belongs around the waist of a true hero, A true man, Bret Hart. Not some coward, Not some low life, And certainly not someone who turned his back on all the fans of the World Wrestling Federation. That title is coming around my waist this Sunday night Scott Hall!

Scott Hall- You think I'm gonna let that happen "Hitman"? You think Scott Hall is really gonna go into the Royal Rumble and let you defeat me? You think all these fans are gonna witness you being crowned champion one more time? The fact is, You're out of my league Bret. I know it, And everyone of these people know it. You think this title will be leaving my waist so soon? It's not gonna happen at the Rumble, It's not gonna happen any night. Scott Hall is the man in the WWF. And I got all the gold to prove it. You wanna talk about how you're family and friends are gonna be at the Royal Rumble, Well if I feel like going to the front row and beating the hell out of the Hart family, Because I can do whatever I want Bret.

Bret Hart- Scott Hall, You're making this too personal. And if you try to hurt my family, Then I'm gonna hurt you alot worse than you have ever been hurt. You don't need to go there Scott Hall.

Scott Hall- Look at you, Being afraid of something happening to your family. Bret, You just proved that you ain't got what it takes to hold this title. You worry about someone else other than yourself, And that's going to be the biggest mistake of your life. When you're fighting for the title, You only got to worry about the title and yourself. And at the Royal Rumble, You're going to see how tough it'll be when you're in there against a man who's willing to do whatever it takes to walk out with the title. I thought I would get some competition, But all I got is some cry baby who's worried about his folks getting beat down. And Bret, If I feel like it, I'll grab your old man and slap the taste out of his mouth! You better get ready for a ass kicking this Sunday night, Because I'm going to be bringing it all I got. And you know something Bret? Last week you were so kind as to get in in this ring and go face to face with me, That I been wanting more. So Bret, How about you walk your ass down that ramp and get face to face with the greatest WWF Champion of all time? Are you man enough Bret?

Bret Hart starts walking down the long ramp way to a huge ovation from the crowd. Bret Hart walks up the steel steps and comes into the ring and stands face to face with Scott Hall. Scott Hall begins to talk trash to Hart and takes the title off of around his waist. Hall grabs the title and holds it right in front of Hart's face. Hall throws the belt down and shoves Bret Hart! Bret Hart responds by shoving Hall right back! Hall looks at Bret Hart and goes for a right hand, But Hart blocks Hall's right hand and punches Hall! Both men begin to slug it out! Both men hit each other with right hands to the face as the crowd goes nuts! Bret Hart grabs Scott Hall by the waist and drops Hall groin first onto Hart's knee with a atomic drop! Bret Hart follows up with another atomic drop and Scott Hall is stumbling around the ring and walks into a back breaker from Bret Hart! Bret Hart goes up to the second turnbuckle and goes for the elbow drop, But Hall grabs the title and nails Hart over the head with it! Scott Hall goes for the Outsider's Edge as referees come running down from the back. Scott Hall tries to Outsider's Edge Bret, But Bret counters and back drops Hall out to the floor onto the referees! Bret Hart tries to go out after Hall, But the referees hold him back! Hall tries to get some of Hart as well, But they're being held back! We go to a commercial break with the referees holding back "The Hitman" and Scott Hall. McMahon screams that it's out of control!

From Monday Night Raw

McMahon says that he thought Hall left the arena already. Hall comes into the ring and grabs a microphone.

Scott Hall- I'm gonna make this simple, Bret Hart get your ass down here! We ain't finished. Not by a long shot. So get your ass back down here and lets finish what we didn't get to finish!

The crowd begins to cheer as Bret Hart makes his way down the ramp way. The crowd then boos as referees and road agents come running down and try to make sure Bret doesn't come into the ring, But Bret Hart shoves them aside and gets into the ring and the fight is on! Both Hall and Hart trade right hands! Both men punch away at each other as this huge crowd goes crazy! The referees and road agents come into the ring and try to separate both men, But they keep going after the other! Finally after a few tries, Hall and Hart are pulled away from each other! We go to a commercial break with the announcers saying it's gonna be out of control this Sunday night!

From Friday Night Mayhem

Bret Hart walks down to the ring as the announcers hype his huge match with Scott Hall this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. Bret Hart is handed microphone and prepares to talk, As this huge "Hitman" chant keeps going.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Steve Austin hits Brian Lee with the Stone Cold Stunner! (Friday Night Mayhem 1/17/97)

Cactus Jack Vs. "The Wildman" Marc Mero with Sable

Not a bad match here at all. Jack and Mero don't seem to have too much chemistry with each other, But it was decent for what it was. Jack kept looking like he was going to attack Sable several times at ringside, But Mero always went after Jack. The announcers really hyped how Jack was psychotic and didn't care if he hurt anyone. Jack took control of this one after planting Mero with a piledriver. Jack used several chokes to Mero in the corner, And kept taunting Sable. Jack ended up going for his running elbow drop off the apron to Mero, But Mero moved out of the way! This allowed Mero to make his comeback. Mero violently rammed Jack's head onto the steel ring post three times! Back inside the ring, Mero kept coming closer and closer to putting Jack away. Mero ended up going up top. He went for a high cross body, But Jack rolled through and locked Mero into the Mandible Claw for the submission win. Jack sat in the corner and laughed as we were taken back to the studio.

72, 83, 77 **1\2

Shane McMahon- Cactus Jack is victorious tonight, But will he be victorious tomorrow night at the Royal Rumble? Who will win the Royal Rumble? Will it be Cactus Jack? Who's going to go to Wrestlemania 13 and fight for the WWF Championship? Find out tomorrow night! For Shane McMahon and Todd Pettengill, We'll see you next week on a brand new time slot, 10:00 PM!

Overall Rating- 69

TV Rating- 7.59

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.95

Attendance- 7,024

Ticket Sales- $280,960

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.97

Attendance- 1,254

Ticket Sales- $37,620

Notes

"How about booking me against Rick Martel? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like." -British Bulldog

"How about booking me against Sycho Sid? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like." -Vader

OOC: This will be the last RSN with the studio stuff, :( I'm gonna be making into it a lower card show without the studio stuff, Basically superstars like on Saturday night. Sorry for anyone who liked the format, But I prefer the B-show, Plus there's already two prime time shows, That's eleven segments for both, Counting this, It'd be 33 segments in all for a week. That's a little too much, I'd probably get burned out.

Final Royal Rumble card will be up tomorrow.

also, How do you guys want the PPV to be? Like format? Like with the announcers during the match? No announcers at all? Like just matches, I was just wondering how you guys think it'd be the best.

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest Prototype

Personally, I like the PPVs like they used to be with just the matches. No commentary. If you need to get a point across before a match so something use the announcers, but not during the matches.

user posted image

Credit jason_daronlane for the awesome banner

Date: January 19, 1997

Final Card

1997 Royal Rumble Match

Featuring- Cactus Jack, Owen Hart, Scott Steiner, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Ahmed Johnson, Billy Gunn, British Bulldog, Marc Mero, Sycho Sid, Vader, Alex Wright, "All American" Bart Gunn, Brian Adams, Brian Lee, Hollywood Holly, Goldust, Jacobs, Mark Henry, Rocky Maivia, Scott Taylor, Fatu, Yokozuna, Kamala, "Cowboy" Bob Orton, Doink The Clown, Taka Michinoku, Mystery Entrant #1, Mystery Entrant #2, Mystery Entrant #3

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Bret Hart Vs. Scott Hall©

Al Snow and Steve Austin© Vs. Model Of Perfection

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Hunter Hearst Helmsley© Vs. Jesse James

Light Heavyweight Showdown!

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Brian Christopher

Ron Simmons Vs. John Bradshaw

Marty Jannetty, Koko B. Party and Van Hammer Vs. Duke Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night?

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR?

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR?

4. Who are the three mystery entrants in the Royal Rumble?

5. Who will be the first two men in the Royal Rumble?

6. Who's entering the Royal Rumble as #30?

7. Who's going to be the final ten men in the Royal Rumble?

8. Who's going to be the final four men in the Royal Rumble?

9. Who's going to be the final two men in the Royal Rumble?

10. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)

11. Which person will be the first one eliminated in the Royal Rumble?

Edited by Baby Hewey

Final Card

1997 Royal Rumble Match

Featuring- Cactus Jack, Owen Hart, Scott Steiner, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Ahmed Johnson, Billy Gunn, British Bulldog, Marc Mero, Sycho Sid, Vader, Alex Wright, "All American" Bart Gunn, Brian Adams, Brian Lee, Hollywood Holly, Goldust, Jacobs, Mark Henry, Rocky Maivia, Scott Taylor, Fatu, Yokozuna, Kamala, "Cowboy" Bob Orton, Doink The Clown, Taka Michinoku, Mystery Entrant #1, Mystery Entrant #2, Mystery Entrant #3

Winner: Owen Hart

Winner: Bret

Winners: MoP

Winner: HHH

Winner: Christopher

Winner: Simmons

Marty Jannetty, Koko B. Party and Van Hammer Vs. Duke Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger

Winner: Marty, Koko, Van

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night?

6-Man Tag

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR?

Bret-Hall

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR?

6-Man

5. Who will be the first two men in the Royal Rumble?

Owen/HBK

6. Who's entering the Royal Rumble as #30?

Taker

Taker, Sid, Steiner, Cactus, HBK, Owen, Vader, Rocky, Doink, A mystery man

Taker, Cactus, Owen, HBK

9. Who's going to be the final two men in the Royal Rumble?

Owen, HBK

10. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)

11. Which person will be the first one eliminated in the Royal Rumble?

Fatu

1997 Royal Rumble Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Intercontinental Title

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Tag Team Title Match

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Rumble

4. Who are the three mystery entrants in the Royal Rumble? Sean Waltman, Rowdy Roddy Piper and

5. Who will be the first two men in the Royal Rumble? Goldust and Rocky

6. Who's entering the Royal Rumble as #30? Undertaker

7. Who's going to be the final ten men in the Royal Rumble? Owen, Taker, Cactus, Michaels, Vader, Goldust, Doink, Mark Henry and 2 mystery entrants

8. Who's going to be the final four men in the Royal Rumble? Owen, Taker, Cactus and Michaels

9. Who's going to be the final two men in the Royal Rumble? Undertaker and Owen

10. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 0

11. Which person will be the first one eliminated in the Royal Rumble? Scott Taylor

Guest Captain Planet

1997 Royal Rumble Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night?Ron and John Bradshaw

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR?Bret vs Hall

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR?Ron vs John Bradshaw

5. Who will be the first two men in the Royal Rumble?Doink and Brian Adams

6. Who's entering the Royal Rumble as #30?Taker

9. Who's going to be the final two men in the Royal Rumble?Taker and Sid

10. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)1

11. Which person will be the first one eliminated in the Royal Rumble?Doink

Edited by Captain Planet

Final Card

1997 Royal Rumble Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Simmons v. Bradshaw

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Bret Hart v. Scott Hall

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Royal Rumble

4. Who are the three mystery entrants in the Royal Rumble? Sean Waltman...and 2 others :P

5. Who will be the first two men in the Royal Rumble? Yokozuna and Doink

6. Who's entering the Royal Rumble as #30? Sycho Sid

7. Who's going to be the final ten men in the Royal Rumble? Undertaker, HBK, Sid, Cactus, British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Mystrery Entrant #2, Billy Gunn, Scott Steiner, Bart Gunn

8. Who's going to be the final four men in the Royal Rumble? British Bulldog, Undertaker, Sid, HBK

9. Who's going to be the final two men in the Royal Rumble? Undertaker and HBK

10. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) None

11. Which person will be the first one eliminated in the Royal Rumble? Doink

Edited by jason_daronlane

Guest Prototype

1997 Royal Rumble Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Chavo vs Christopher

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Chavo vs Christopher

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Rumble Match

4. Who are the three mystery entrants in the Royal Rumble? Kevin Nash, Hakushi, Sean Waltman

5. Who will be the first two men in the Royal Rumble? Cactus Jack and Bart Gunn

6. Who's entering the Royal Rumble as #30? Undertaker

7. Who's going to be the final ten men in the Royal Rumble? Undertaker, HBK, Sid, Owen, Bulldog, Yoko, Cactus, Steiner, Goldust, and Vader

8. Who's going to be the final four men in the Royal Rumble? Undertaker, HBK, Cactus, and Owen

9. Who's going to be the final two men in the Royal Rumble? Taker and HBK

10. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 0

11. Which person will be the first one eliminated in the Royal Rumble? Bart Gunn