Wrestle Association "R"

Agahnim Demen

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24th April 2005

Reporters caught up with Katsuyori Shibata leaving a restraunt in Kochi, where he had this to say;

".. So Kawada needs to have a qualifying match before he will face Sasaki? Then who better than to have his qualifying match against, than the one individual worthy of the Japan J-1 Title in this promotion, than me? No one deserves a shot at the Japan J-1 Title more than me, and by facing Kawada, I feel I could prove it .."

26th April 2005

Wrestle Association "R" President Masatomo Takei claimed to have recently been in talks with Kenta Kobashi regarding financial aid for Pro Wrestling NOAH, due foremostly to a respect held between individuals from both promotions. Many who work in Wrestle Association "R" have spent time in Pro Wrestling NOAH, or alongside one another in All Japan's earlier years. Takei is said to be confident that the problem can be resolved, and appears to be confident in his ability to aid NOAH.

Takei also announced the full card for the 27/04 show;

WAR: SUPER REVOLUTION SERIES 2005

Asahikawa Citizen Center Gymnasium

27/04/05

1. MOCHI v Susumu Yokosuka

2. Satoru Sayama v Masao Orihara

3. Osamu Kido v Katsuryori Shibata

4. Shiro Koshinaka & Noahiro Hosikawa v Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Masaaki Satake

5. Milano Collection AT v Kazunari Murakami

6. Kensuke Sasaki & Jinsei Shinzaki v Toshiaki Kawada & Lion Heart

7. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Magnum TOKYO & Darkness Dragon (Do FIXER) © v Yoshihiro Asai & Dragon Kid (Team Dragon)

Nankoku City Gymnasium

04/05/05

1. Toshiaki Kawada v Yoshiaki Fujiwara

2. Tatsumi Fujinami & Jinsei Shinzaki v Katsuyori Shibata & Lion Heart

3. Genichiro Tenryu, Yoshihiro Takayama & Andrei Arlovski v Riki Choshu, Nobutaka Araya & Shiro Koshinaka

Kumamoto Hungnam Hall

11/05/05

1. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title Qualifier: Toshiaki Kawada v ?

2. Kensuke Sasaki, Nobutaka Araya & Riki Choshu v Genichiro Tenryu, Yoshihiro Takayama & Andrei Arlovski

WAR: SUPER REVOLUTION 2005

Osaka Castle Hall

18/05/05

1. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © v Toshiaki Kawada

Edited by Ganon Dun

I never said anything before, but I really disliked the way this diary was started.

It was very unrealistic for WAR to buy out several promotions, which you never actually stated, but I can tell one was Dragon Gate. That right there makes no sense to me.

I also don't understand why Liger, and Fujinami would have left New Japan to join WAR. You never gave a reason, that I read of, as to why they left.

Anyway, I have let it grow, and it is a really good diary, but those other things are still bugging me...

Ok then...

I understand the history with Mochi, (He is actually a Bukoh Dojo graduate, which fed WAR several 'wrestlers')

You should have found some information on some of the really old WAR/SWS guys who destroyed their careers when they jumped to WAR/SWS back in the days, and somehow brought them back into the fold.

Anyway, onto the diary. You should drop the Darkness Dragon gimmick. I love it and all, but MAKOTO could make it on his own now.

Also, Yoshihiro Asai is working under the gimmick: The Tiger, so you should somehow bring that into the fold too...

I really digged the old WAR guys, and your roster rings true with most of them. I would have just preferred to have the lesser known ones in there, but as I said, in real life, because they burned their bridges, and weren't big enough names, they had to leave the wrestling industry.

I really wanted Yuji Yasuraka with the whole blonde mullet thing happening, and the crazy outfit :(

One thing which is bugging me is your booking...there is no way in hell Mochizuki would be a fall boy in a group with Milano. Going off recent events, Milano should be taking falls before Mochi

But the major one that got me off was Kazuyuki Fujita taking a fall before Jinsei Shinzaki...there is no way in hell Fujita would lose a match when one of his opponents was a MPRO guy whereas Fujita is one of Inoki's boys, two or three time IWGP Heavyweight champion and kicked the shit out of Bob Sapp...

Also to touch on lukie's Dragon Gate problem...it would of been a lot more realistic if it was Osaka Pro instead...

Misawa leaving NOAH...if NOAH was in financial difficulty, Misawa would be the LAST to leave. Akiyama or even Kobashi would be a more understandable choice of a top name leaving.

Misawa leaving NOAH...if NOAH was in financial difficulty, Misawa would be the LAST to leave. Akiyama or even Kobashi would be a more understandable choice of a top name leaving.

More then likely that was just a part of the game, and was out of his control.

Also, about the fall thing, he is taking a VERY long time to organise the ranks isn't he...

Maybe he will get the idea now ;)

lukie is right where the Misawa thing is concerned, he did defect to ZERO-ONE MAX in my game, along with Akiyama and KENTA.. I say defect, but you know what I mean. The financial problems of NOAH don't exist anymore in my game, as NOAH went bankrupt a month ago, but I'm keeping them alive for the sake of my diary for now.

Where ranks are concerned... Mochizuki is a weird one, because obviously if he returned to WAR he would probably be pushed to the moon, but his overness is becoming a problem, something I should probably have sorted when I started this game.. Give the lad time, he just needs to pay a few more dues. President Takei (who I am in this game) and the WAR booking team see more in Milano than they do in Mochizuki for the time being. (Edit: On that note.. you'll love the first match on my next event.. :pinch: )

I am taking a long time to sort out the ranks as its turning out to be more difficult than I thought it would, but I'll get there in time. Where Fujita and Shinzaki are concerned, this Wrestle Association "R" puts pro wrestlers first and MMA workers second. Fujita wont get the success here that he once had in New Japan, whereas Shinzaki will have the opportunity to enjoy the biggest push he's ever had in his career.

I'm trying to create some kind of balance between personal preferences and what would be realistic, and some things slip here and there on the realism side, but the important thing for me is that I'm enjoying what I'm creating while I'm playing it, I'm sure you can understand that. :)

I appreciate the criticism though, helps me keep the realism side from going a bit too nuts.. And its at least good to know that people are reading. Don't suppose you folks have anything in particular you like or liked about my diary?

Edited by Ganon Dun

WAR SUPER REVOLUTION SERIES 27/04/05

The Asahikawa Citizen Center Gymnasium holds a very exciting evening for Wrestle Association "R", as the WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles are on the line, in a rematch from 'Raising Tenryu In Tokyo 2005', not only that, but Japan J-1 Champion Kensuke Sasaki teams up with Jinsei Shinzaki to take on Sasaki's Japan J-1 challanger, Toshiaki Kawada and the Lion Heart.

1. MOCHI v Susumu Yokosuka

One third of the Nuovo Italian Connection, MOCHI faces off against cocky young junior prospect Susumu Yokosuka in the first match of the night. MOCHI holds a strong experience advantage over Yokosuka, who was once known as Susumu Mochizuki when the two were team mates in Dragon Gate. Everything seemed to be going in the favour of MOCHI in this bout, until Yokosuka's partner Masao Orihara made his way to ringside with a steel chair in hand. MOCHI hits the Twister and leaves Yokosuka down in the ring, and leans over the top rope to berate Orihara. MOCHI watches as the referee intercepts Orihara and forces him to go to the back, but when MOCHI turns in towards the centre of the ring, Yokosuka hits the Jumbo No Kachi! and with a hand full of tights, that was enough to get the three count.

2. Satoru Sayama v Masao Orihara

Orihara makes his return to the ring and recieves quite a lot of heat due to his actions in the previous match. Sayama runs to the ring and quickly gains the upperhand over Orihara, grouding him with a variety of stiff kicks to the body.

Orihara manages to recollect himself however, and manages to mount some credible offence on the junior legend, and really seems to be attempting to provide Sayama with a real challange. Working on the leg of Sayama seems to prove quite effective for Orihara, but his success only lasts so long. MOCHI and Ishimori make their way to ringside both holding weapons, distracting Orihara. Sayama hits a big back drop on Orihara when he is distracted, and follows up with a Diving Headbutt to get the three count.

3. Osamu Kido v Katsuryori Shibata

Before the match begins, Shibata takes the microphone and addresses Kido. He tells Kido that he will wish he never came out of retirement, and that after tonight it will all have been for nothing. Kido fights very aggressively in this match, but age seems to be taking its toll on him visibly, especially after recieving a number of hard kicks from Shibata. A number of kicks to the head take Kido to the ground after a back and forth battle, and Shibata manages to pick up the win.

4. Shiro Koshinaka & Noahiro Hosikawa v Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Masaaki Satake

Fujiwara aims to get some revenge on Hoshikawa in this bout, after his loss on the previous week, but doesn't quite manage to achieve the results he would have hoped for here. Koshinaka follows a Hip Attack with a Powerbomb Pin to get another victory for the newly reformed Heisei Ishingun stable.

5. Milano Collection AT v Kazunari Murakami

One third of, and the leader of the Italian Connection, Milano Collection AT faces off against Kazunari Murakami who looks to gain some revenge after his tag loss to Milano and Ishi Mori at the beginning of the tour. Coming at Milano in a vicious and almost brutal manner, he seems to score with a number of stiff punches and kicks, and manages to get a take down on Milano before he just manages to escape to the ropes. Milano manages to gain control in the match, until Kendo Kashin makes his way into the ring. Kashin charges at Milano, but Milano manages to roll out of the way, sending Kashin tumbling into his partner, Murakami. Milano quickly takes advantage of the confusion, hitting a Hurricanrana Pin on Murakami to get a three count.

6. Kensuke Sasaki & Jinsei Shinzaki v Toshiaki Kawada & Lion Heart

In a match that many Wrestle Association "R" fans are calling one of the best tag matches the promotion has seen, J-1 Champion Kensuke Sasaki teams with Jinsei Shinzaki to take on Toshiaki Kawada and Lion Heart. Kawada and Sasaki face off for much longer in this bout than they could in last weeks six man, in a stiff and intense, brutal brawl. A cocky Lion Hearty tags himself in later on in the match, and walks into a nadowa slam that gets the three count for Kensuke Sasaki.

7. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Magnum TOKYO & Darkness Dragon (Do FIXER) © v Yoshihiro Asai & Dragon Kid (Team Dragon)

The highly anticipated rematch between Team Dragon and Do FIXER for the WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles doesn't disappoint, as both sides go all out to impress the fans. For some individuals in the match, it seems to be more personal, as Dragon Kid seems more focused than ever coming into this bout. Some miscommunication near the twenty minute mark between Dragon Kid and Asai leaves Asai a proverbial sitting duck, as he seems to have hurt his leg, allowing the opposition to pick up the pieces. Darkness Dragon comes off the top turnbuckles with a Hurricanrana into a Cradle Pin that secures the match for Do FIXER, giving them their V1 defence of the title. As the show comes to a close, Dragon Kid and Asai are shown backstage having what seems to be a rather heated arguement.

WAR: SUPER REVOLUTION SERIES 2005, 27/04/05

Asahikawa Citizen Center Gymnasium

1,800 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Susumu Yokosuka defeats MOCHI with the Jumbo No Kachi! (7:47)

2. Satoru Sayama defeats Masao Orihara with a Diving Headbutt. (9:21)

3. Katsuryori Shibata defeats Osamu Kido with a Roundhouse Kick. (10:05)

4. Shiro Koshinaka & Noahiro Hosikawa defeat Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Masaaki Satake when Koshinaka hits a Powerbomb Pin on Sataake. (14:41)

5. Milano Collection AT defeats Kazunari Murakami with a Hurricanrana Pin. (11:51)

6. Kensuke Sasaki & Jinsei Shinzaki defeat Toshiaki Kawada & Lion Heart when Sasaki uses a Nadowa Slam on Lion Heart. (18:24)

7. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Magnum TOKYO & Darkness Dragon (Do FIXER) © defeat Yoshihiro Asai & Dragon Kid (Team Dragon) when K-Ness uses a top rope Hurricanrana Cradle Pin on Asai to retain the titles. (V1) (21:04)

Edited by Ganon Dun

29th April 2005

The press caught up with Dragon Kid near a bar in Asahikawa, where they tried to find out the status of Team Dragon. Dragon Kid responded simply by saying that he knows they will be in another tag match at the next show, and that Asai had better hold up his end of the team, and not let him down.

According to sources within Wrestle Association "R", Nobutaka Araya has recently been claiming that due to his success over Minoru Suzuki two weeks ago that he, Hirai and a partner of their choosing are obviously worthy candidates for the WAR Six Man Tag Team Titles. Some members of the press believe that this is another ploy for him to try and get back in Tenryu's good books.

Additionally, it has been confirmed that Wrestle Association "R" have booked the Tokyo Dome for the first time in WAR history, for an event held the week after the final date of this tour. No more details about the event are known however.

Edited by Ganon Dun

1st May 2004

Wrestle Association "R" President Masatomo Takei held a press confernece in which to announce who the opponent of Toshiaki Kawada would be in his Japan J-1 Qualifier Match.

Before he made the announcement, he took a few questions from the press. When asked about the rumours regarding Nobutaka Araya requesting a shot at the WAR Six Man Tag Titles, Takei said that there was some truth in the rumour, and that he was discussing the possibility, as well as taking into account other possible challlangers.

Takei added that also, in response to the comments of Masato Yoshino earlier in the tour, Satoru Sayama has demanded a match wherein he intends to prove that his generation is still as strong as any younger generation. He stated that this match is likely to take place in Osaka, as a part of a 'Generation Gap' concept that will feature strongly at the event.

He would answer no questions regarding the recent talks regarding financial aid for Pro Wrestling NOAH however, but admitted that there would be an announcement soon with regards to the matter.

He eventually announced that Kawada's opponent would be Tatsumi Fujinami, and that if Kawada lost the match, he would no longer be worthy of a Japan J-1 Title shot, and negotiations regarding his contact would begin again.

To conclude the conference, Takei announced the full card for the upcoming event on the current tour;

Nankoku City Gymnasium

04/05/05

1. Ishi Mori v Masao Orihara

2. Magnum TOKYO, Darkness Dragon & Masato Yoshino v Satoru Sayama, Super Shisa & Kengo Mashimo

3. Minoru Suzuki & Kazuyuki Fujita v Ryuma Go & Nobutaka Hirai

4. Toshiaki Kawada v Yoshiaki Fujiwara

5. Yoshihiro Asai & Dragon Kid (Team Dragon) v Kendo Kashin & Kazunari Murakami

6. Tatsumi Fujinami & Jinsei Shinzaki v Katsuyori Shibata & Lion Heart

7. Genichiro Tenryu, Yoshihiro Takayama & Andrei Arlovski v Riki Choshu, Nobutaka Araya & Shiro Koshinaka

Kumamoto Hungnam Hall

11/05/05

1. Katsuyori Shibata v Yoshiaki Fujiwara

2. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title Qualifier: Toshiaki Kawada v Tatsumi Fujinami

3. Kensuke Sasaki, Nobutaka Araya & Riki Choshu v Genichiro Tenryu, Yoshihiro Takayama & Andrei Arlovski

WAR: SUPER REVOLUTION 2005

Osaka Castle Hall

18/05/05

1. Generation Gap: Masato Yoshino v Satoru Sayama

2. WAR Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © v ?

You should have announced the Tokyo Dome show a few months ahead of schedule, and built strongly to it. Even NOAH announced running the Tokyo Dome for the first time, at least 6 months before they did it.

You did it, in 3 weeks?

Guest CompletePlayer

I am glad to see that WAR Diary. There are not enough lumpy and grumpy wrestlers to truly have WAR spirit. Where is Arashi and Koki Kitahara? Most of all where are the totally random 6-man tag teams. A team like Warlord, Chris Jericho and Vampiro emboddies the WAR spirit.

Still it has been a very entertaining read, and keep up the good work.

WAR SUPER REVOLUTION SERIES 04/05/05

Roughly 1,500 fill the Nankoku City Gymnasium as it holds host to another Wrestle Association "R" show.

1. Ishi Mori v Masao Orihara

Former WAR International Junior Heavyweight Champion Masao Orihara takes on one third of the Italian Connection in Ishi Mori. Ishi Mori puts up a valiant effort against Orihara, even managing to hit his Superstar Elbow, but Orihara's experience advantage gave him the advantage. Orihara eventually hits Ishi Mori with a moonsault to pick up the three count.

2. Magnum TOKYO, Darkness Dragon & Masato Yoshino v Satoru Sayama, Super Shisa & Kengo Mashimo

The WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions, Magnum TOKYO and Darkness Dragon, Do FIXER, team up with Masato Yoshino as they take on Satoru Sayama, Super Shisa and Kengo Mashimo. Sayama and Yoshino single one another out throughout this battle, trying to settle their more personal battle, while Mashimo, Shisa and Do Fixer face off in the ring. In a surprising upset, Shisa surprises K-Ness with the Yoshi Tonic to get the three count.

3. Minoru Suzuki & Kazuyuki Fujita v Ryuma Go & Nobutaka Hirai

Two thirds of the WAR Six Man Tag Team Champions face WAR veteran Ryuma Go and Nobukazu Hirai, in what has been seen as the match that will decide the next WAR Six Man Tag Title match. A very physical battle ensues between all four individuals, with each participant showing great tenacity and endurance, so much endurance in fact, that the fifteen minute time limit on this bout expired. Both teams appeared visibly frustrated by the result.

4. Toshiaki Kawada v Yoshiaki Fujiwara

Kawada looks to prepare himself for upcoming trials in this bout as he takes on veteran Yoshiaki Fujiwara. Fujiwara provides a great challange for Kawada, but in the end Kawada manages to pick up the pin fall with a jumping kick to the head (Gamengiri).

5. Team Dragon v Kendo Kashin & Kazunari Murakami

Yoshihiro Asai and Dragon Kid (Team Dragon) team up again, in an important bout for the team, as comments made earlier by Dragon Kid suggest. In this bout they face the team of Kendo Kashin and Kazunari Murakami, a team renowned for their vicious submission/shoot style. Dragon Kid and Asai have some clearly visible communication problems throughout the match, that leave both members of the team in trouble at various points in the match. Asai seemed to have trouble with his leg again, and the referee tends to him for some time, while Kashin manages to dominate Dragon Kid in the ring. Milano Collection AT makes his way into the ring, managing to avoid Murakami, and takes down Kashin with a jumping kick to the head. Murakami chases Milano as he leaves the ring, while Dragon Kid quickly makes his way to the top rope. Dragon Kid comes off with a Dragonrana and keeps Kashin down for the three count to get the win. Dragon Kid walks off on his own, leaving Asai to limp backstage alone. Backstage, Dragon Kid claims that this match proved how little he needs Asai around, and that Asai has failed in trying his hardest to hold him down, stop him from surpassing his old mentor.

6. Tatsumi Fujinami & Jinsei Shinzaki v Katsuyori Shibata & Lion Heart

Tatsumi Fujinami teams up with Jinsei Shinzaki in a match against Katsuyori Shibata and Lion Heart. Shibata seemed very irritated and aggresive for the duration of the match, seemingly angered by the recent decision to make Fujinami Toshiaki Kawada's opponent in the Japan J-1 Qualifier. However, he finds his efforts at taking out his frustration on Jinsei Shinzaki to be in vain during this bout, Shinzaki seemingly very focused. The match eventually reaches its conclusion however, when Jericho attempts to charge into a corner at Fujinami, when Fujinami rolls out of the way and hits a Back Drop Pin on Lion Heart for the win.

7. Genichiro Tenryu, Yoshihiro Takayama & Andrei Arlovski v Riki Choshu, Nobutaka Araya & Shiro Koshinaka

Wrestle Association "R" Owner Genichiro Tenryu teams with one third of the WAR Six Man Tag Team Champions in Yoshihiro Takayama, and former MMA success Andrei Arlovski. They take on Riki Choshu, who aims to lariat MMA from pro wrestling, and in this match teams with Nobutaka Araya and Heisei Ishingun member Shiro Koshinaka. A very physical battle ensues, but comes to a conclusion when Takayama used a Powerbomb variation on Koshinaka to get the three count.

WAR: SUPER REVOLUTION SERIES 2005, 04/05/05

Nankoku City Gymnasium

1,500 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Masao Orihara defeats Ishi Mori with a Moonsault. (7:32)

2. Satoru Sayama, Super Shisa & Kengo Mashimo defeat Magnum TOKYO, Darkness Dragon & Masato Yoshino when Shisa uses the Yoshi Tonic on K-Ness. (14:28)

3. Minoru Suzuki & Kazuyuki Fujita draw with Ryuma Go & Nobutaka Hirai when the fifteen minute time limit expired. (15:00)

4. Toshiaki Kawada defeats Yoshiaki Fujiwara with a Gamengiri. (9:02)

5. Team Dragon defeat Kendo Kashin & Kazunari Murakami when Dragon Kid uses a Dragonrana on Kendo Kashin. (14:21)

6. Tatsumi Fujinami & Jinsei Shinzaki defeat Katsuyori Shibata & Lion Heart when Fujinami uses a Backdrop Pin on Lion Heart. (15:58)

7. Genichiro Tenryu, Yoshihiro Takayama & Andrei Arlovski defeat Riki Choshu, Nobutaka Araya & Shiro Koshinaka when Takayama uses a Powerbomb variation on Koshinaka. (16:52)

Edited by Ganon Dun

5th May 2005

Wrestle Association "R" President Masatomo Takei held a press conference in which he stated a huge announcement would be made.

Due to the increasing financial difficulties suffered by Pro Wrestling NOAH, Masatomo Takei is proud to announce the event that will take place in the Tokyo Dome on the 25th May that he feels will be the key in saving NOAH from its dangerous position.

user posted image

'WAR On NOAH' will be a joint promotional event, of which Takei claimed would host "A Revolution Dream Match" the likes of which has never been seen before. He added that more details regarding the event would be revealed very soon, and promised fans that they would not be disappointed in this, that shall be the first ever Tokyo Dome show hosted by Wrestle Association "R".

"Even if there is a dream, it does not make merry too much. It is Noah." -Manager Nakada

Edited by Ganon Dun

7th May 2005

The press managed to catch up with a few Wrestle Association "R" workers during a promotional event in a local media store. In attendance were Katsuyori Shibata, Super Shisa, Kengo Mashimo and 'Lion Heart' Chris Jericho.

Mashimo and Shisa used this as an opportunity to request a shot at the WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team titles due to their success over the Do FIXER team at the last event.

Shibata expressed his anger at the decision to make Tatsumi Fujinami the opponent of Toshiaki Kawada for his Japan J-1 Qualifier, and said that regardles of whether or not Fujinami wins the match, he wished to challange Fujinami to prove his superior skill.

Lion Heart spoke about his recent poor form in Wrestle Association "R", and blamed his poor success during this tour on Jinsei Shinzaki. He continued to state that Shinzaki had been a thorn in his side since the beginning of this tour and that he wished to face off against Shinzaki in a one on one match in order to redeem himself.

When questioned regarding the WAR On NOAH event, they claimed to know little more than what had been announced, and were more focused on the upcoming Super Revolution event in Osaka for the time being.