Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only remember Meowth talking properley from the original series? Bwahaha, memories of how he actually learned to speak and I haven't seen that episode in maybe 4 years or possible more.

Overall, I liked the series in Johto (or whatever the first area was called) However, I just lost interest when they added loads more pokemon. The games are decent... But I just wish they gave different storylines to each game, because the only different thing was the pokémon in each. Everything else basically sucked.

• 11 months later...
Today marks the 10th Anniversary of Pokémon. 10 Years ago today, trainers in Japan had just started to play through Pokémon Red & Pokémon Green, with their trusty starters, Bulbasaur, Charmander & Squirtle,they went through the land of Kanto and got the 8 badges, thwarting Team Rocket at every turn. Now 10 years on, there's almost 3 times as many Pokémon, many new regions, new adventures.
As celebration, I've pulled out the old copy of Blue and am having a blast, Charmander 4 Lyfe yo'.
  • Like 1

I'm currently playing through (in celebration of the 10th anniversary):

Blue - Just beat Lt. Surge.

Yellow - Have obtained Pikachu.

Crystal - In Goldenrod City.

Colosseum - 48 Snagged. Going to get me my Ho-oh.

XD - About to save Nett. Long way to go.

On the more recent games, I've completed my 'dexes as much as possible.

LeafGreen: 382 - Missing Mew, Celebi, Ho-oh & Lugia

Emerald: 383 - Missing Mew, Ho-oh & Lugia

Ruby: 187 - Work in progress...

Also, I have Sapphire and Emerald on the way from eBay and am getting a Surfing Pichu from Pokémon Box, so all in all a very Pokémonth March looks to be (February's almost over...).

Edited by Commander Samuel Vimes

So you've, uh, started the game then. :P

I've only got Yellow, and may be tempted to start a game up again...it's just I've played it so many times. I'm sick of not being allowed to get a Raichu, or a Meowth, or even an Ekans.

Perhaps if I come across them for a couple of quid I'll finally pick up Red and/or Blue...and then another Gameboy. And a link cable. Oh-ho. :shifty:

So you've, uh, started the game then. :P

I've only got Yellow, and may be tempted to start a game up again...it's just I've played it so many times. I'm sick of not being allowed to get a Raichu, or a Meowth, or even an Ekans.

Perhaps if I come across them for a couple of quid I'll finally pick up Red and/or Blue...and then another Gameboy. And a link cable. Oh-ho. :shifty:

There is more than one way to play the Pokemon games, you know.

Way, way, way, way back in the day I had Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Silver. After that it got old and I just sold them to some kid I knew. I loved it when I had them though, I had all the games for 64 and Cube but once again, I sold them. The cartoon I thought was shit just because Pikachu was annoying as fuck...Charmander on the other hand is the fucking shit.

I started liking Pokemon when I was 7 >__>;;

Hehe.

First Pokemon games=Awesome. First Pokemon Anime/Movie=Awesome.

All the renditions afterwards=Slightly tainted, but still entertaining

Edited by Mortis

Gwahaha, I just left Mount Moon and have a mighty Nidoking already ^_^

Did you evolve your Nidorino right after it evolved from Nidoran?

No, I waited a few levels, I beat Misty using Nidorino and then evolved it after so I wouldn't have a type disadvantage going into the battle (Y) It's going to be TM'd most of its moves anyway so early evolution doesn't matter much.

I'm getting pokéroused, and I'm almost dying to update my pokédiary. I think it may be time to start up my VBA again. After I finish three lab reports due for Friday. And something else which I've forgotten. And something else after that (seriously).

I celebrated by watching Toonami's Pokemonathon two days I was off college during half-term. I never truly realised how crap the animé was. Still, James > *.

Guest clintcasey

I'm getting pokéroused, and I'm almost dying to update my pokédiary. I think it may be time to start up my VBA again. After I finish three lab reports due for Friday. And something else which I've forgotten. And something else after that (seriously).

I celebrated by watching Toonami's Pokemonathon two days I was off college during half-term. I never truly realised how crap the animé was. Still, James > *.