Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

So, uh...I got myself a Japanese Carracosta through the GTS and thought I'd try that shiny breeding trick by breeding it with my female Dragonite by getting six eggs as a test. On the one hand, no shinies, but on the other, all six of them are female.

Does anyone want a female Dratini? If not I'm probably just gonna Wonder Trade them, maybe someone's just starting their game and will get lucky with a level 1 Dratini they can use in their team >_>

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So after the hype/disappointment of Let's Go being announced, the 1997 beta of Gold has just leaked. Fun things about it:

> Baby Vulipx, Tangela, Goldeen, Paras, Doduo, Ponyta, Grimer, Growlithe + Mime Jr.
> Popplio-esque thing is the water starter, and no Cyndaquil/Totodile lines
> Qwilfish, Ditto, Farfetch'd all have evolutions
> Leafeon & Tangrowth are in the game
> Weepinbell has an alternate evo
> Pinsir has an evo which might have ended up being Heracross
> Wooper doesn't exist

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is still playing Go (or did play and might be interested in playing again) they've (finally) added a Friends option for sending gifts and trading, although trading is limited to 2 people within 100m of each other.

My friend code is 0987 9949 5681 if anyone wants to add me.

• Admin

I stared playing again around two months ago when you got double XP for spinning new Poke stops. I hadn’t played in so long that most of the stops around me were flagged as new, so coupling that with lucky eggs I managed to level up from 21 to 26 in a matter of weeks.

I don’t know a single other person that plays anymore so the trading feature is a real bummer for me. It’s also the reason why the only time I’ve managed to take part in raids was during the last community day. <_< 

My trainer code is 8556 7358 3030 if anyone wants to add me and send me gifts so that I don’t feel completely isolated. :shifty:

Playing the game isolated is a real issue for the medium to big raids, but from what I've seen even if you are able to get the suggested 20 people to take on a legendary raid you still struggle to win within the time limit. I'm lucky to know two other people that play it at work, but even then getting new Pokémon via trades isn't advisable due to it costing 20,000 star dust to do it.

I have almost nothing for stops near me to keep even the smallest amount of Pokeballs - going for a trip downtown would take care of that, but I don't have the time to do that on a regular basis so I've really just kind of stopped playing at this point. Which is a shame because I like the game.

The wife and I just started playing it again last night after over a year of not and the amount of Pokestops has probably doubled in my town which is nice. Any tips for someone who is so far behind he didn't know what a raid was until this thread?

I'm an isolated Pokemon Go player too so any legendary Pokemon I have are via research tasks so I have all the Gen 1 legendary ones including Mew, but not Mewtwo.

Anyway, my code is 9212 5860 5478

17 hours ago, Trey said:

The wife and I just started playing it again last night after over a year of not and the amount of Pokestops has probably doubled in my town which is nice. Any tips for someone who is so far behind he didn't know what a raid was until this thread?

Obvious as it sounds, catch 'em all. Stardust is a very useful commodity and catching things are the main way to get it.

There are so many community days or events now that catching rare Pokémon (starters for example) is much easier than it used to be, but make sure you take advantage of when they're around because once the event is over they're pretty much back to non-existant.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Nelson said:

I'm an isolated Pokemon Go player too so any legendary Pokemon I have are via research tasks so I have all the Gen 1 legendary ones including Mew, but not Mewtwo.

Anyway, my code is 9212 5860 5478

This Mythical Discovery quest is an absolute nightmare. Was going so well until part 5 on which I’m currently stuck and have been for about 4 weeks now. Only completed “Catch a Ditto” this week (which may or may not be due to them appearing more often as part of the July Research tasks) after just saying fuck it and going back to catching everything in sight. Still haven’t managed to catch a single ghost Pokémon, hatch one from an egg or get one via a research task, so I’ve no idea how long this is going to take. I can’t remember the last time I encountered a ghost type in the wild.

On a positive note I managed to amass 474 Magikarp candies during the water themed research tasks month, so when the time comes I don’t need to grind for the evolving a Gyarados task.

EDIT: Today I caught 3 of the hat and shades wearing Pikachus, cute 😍

Also I hatched two of the 7km eggs I’ve received as gifts and got Alolan Meowth and Sandshrew. Pretty cool that their types are completely different. I even like the Alolan Rattata...

I wasn't aware of the Gyarados task before it was too late, I'm at 290 odd now but when the task started I had less than 100. Finding a damn Ditto was hard enough on the previous one.

@kliq just wait until Hallowe'en, it's nothing but Ghost types. And Meowths.

I have to work both time slots for the event so that sucks. I also added a few of you (finalfinally here) and my wife added you guys as well (bemobee) since I sent her the codes to copy over. She quite enjoys the out of the USA gift locations you guys have sent and wanted to let you guys know 😂

On 06/06/2018 at 19:18, Katsuya said:

So after the hype/disappointment of Let's Go being announced, the 1997 beta of Gold has just leaked. Fun things about it:

> Baby Vulipx, Tangela, Goldeen, Paras, Doduo, Ponyta, Grimer, Growlithe + Mime Jr.
> Popplio-esque thing is the water starter, and no Cyndaquil/Totodile lines
> Qwilfish, Ditto, Farfetch'd all have evolutions
> Leafeon & Tangrowth are in the game
> Weepinbell has an alternate evo
> Pinsir has an evo which might have ended up being Heracross
> Wooper doesn't exist

Late to the party, but why disappointment? I haven't really been following but it looks amazing. I've been crying out for something like this game for like two decades.