Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Admin
6 hours ago, Baddar said:

Just had my first uncomfortable/annoying moment playing the game.

Baddarina joined a group that organises doing Raids together, and there was an Absol in a park about 10 minutes away. We walked over and met up with 7 others, and surprisingly all of them were older than us, with two guys who had to be 50+. Wasn't expecting that.

Before we got started, a guy with a council t-shirt on walked over and asked what we were all doing (we were standing outside a park with children inside, so I get why he might have been concerned), but a couple of them told him we were playing Pokemon and he said that's fine, and started to walk away with his massive binoculars around his neck and said "I thought that game was for kids". 

Now, nobody said anything, and it was the first time I'd seen that group of people so I didn't either, but I've got home now and it's pissing me off that I didn't make a comment. It's irritated me. I get that you're looking out for the safety of children, but why make a comment like that? If anything like it happens again, I won't be holding back.

I’ll be honest and say I did feel a little bit of shame when I started going out to public places but when I saw people double my age and whole families (including grandparents) all out doing the same I stopped worrying about it. Still waiting for someone to make some sort of similar remark to me at some stage tho.

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I got that Ninetails today by evolving my Ice Vulpix (with the snowflakes in the background). 

That’s how I got mine too. As soon as I hatched an Alolan Vulpix and got like 30 off candies I evolved it straight away!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the standard Vulpix next to it, but wondered if I'd get a special version of the evolved form if I tried it and it worked!

Only shiny I've got is still Altaria though. Hoping to get lucky whilst doing a raid one day.

7 hours ago, kliq said:

Alolan Ninetails is so much cooler than the normal Ninetails. Same with Sandslash also. The Dugtrio is just weirdly random. 😂

Were these egg hatches or encounters? I happened across a Ursaring a few days ago, not the sort of Pokémon I’d usually expect to find in the wild. 

Evolved them all. Been grinding Treekos the rest I've got lucky. Hatched an Alolan Vulpix for the first time today and evolved it straight away. Went somewhere with fam and had a tonne of Tediursa spawn. Alolan Diglet was another lucky hatch.

• Admin
12 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Wild Ursarings are great, they stand uncomfortably close to you nearly taking up the whole screen, then constantly attack to get even closer.

Like Wailmer, Mr Mime and others more wild Ursaring would be good for the research tasks that require nice/great throws (especially in a row) and/or curveballs.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

One time my research task was "make three Excellent throws in a row". It was binned shortly after I'd finished hysterically laughing.

“Three great curveball throws in a row” I think I got one time. I actually watched a YouTube video for tips but quickly decided it wasn’t for me.

20 hours ago, Chris2K said:

One time my research task was "make three Excellent throws in a row". It was binned shortly after I'd finished hysterically laughing.

You would have got a Larvitar from that!

• Like 2

I've never really struggled with curveballs. Only don't do them if one handed, or if its one of those annoying ones that fly to the top of the screen.

• Like 1

• Admin
17 hours ago, Stick Stickly said:

Curveballs add a couple ticks of chance to making the catch. Personally, I go clockwise and flick to just above the berry icon. Usually works for me, YMMV.

I always go anti clockwise. Might have to try it the other way.

Got an “Upgrade” item for a 7 day Pokestop streak tonight so was able to evolve a Porygon finally 🤗 also became a great friend of someone on here, can’t remember the username now, but it got me 20k XP and considering I’m on the road to 500k here I need all the help I can get.

I’m fresh out of gifts and haven’t been able to actually venture very far the last few days to get some, and the few stops I’ve visited haven’t given me any, so whatever I sent yesterday was my last, plus my items have been constantly full also which doesn’t help. Actually had to delete some Pokeballs to open all the gifts I had pending - because I’m definitely not buying any more storage at the minute, 800 is enough.

• Like 1

I've got my storage at 600 for the moment. It's decent enough for now.

I'm trying my best to trade gifts daily but tomorrow won't be easy. I went out earlier and despite visiting the 5 stops near my parents' house twice, it only gave me two gifts on top of the four I had. 😕

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I always go anti clockwise. Might have to try it the other way.

Got an “Upgrade” item for a 7 day Pokestop streak tonight so was able to evolve a Porygon finally 🤗 also became a great friend of someone on here, can’t remember the username now, but it got me 20k XP and considering I’m on the road to 500k here I need all the help I can get.

Might be me! I've been sending you all gifts daily. <3.

• Thanks 1

I became Great friends with someone from here yesterday so might be me. I get more than enough gifts to send daily and get XP each time so I've got everyone covered.

• Thanks 1

• Admin

And again tonight with someone else, another 20k 🤩

Managed to get out tonight so sent a few gifts through. Don’t seem to have got any XP for them tho, do you only get it when the gift is opened?

When I sent a bunch earlier I got 1800XP once I exited the friends screen. Update notes say you get 200XP from sending gifts so I assumed that was it.