Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Why is it annoying? Any moves you want can be learned at the re-learner.

Partly because I like the satisfaction of actually raising them myself, but mainly because by the time I'm in a position to use a lvl. 100 Pokemon I won't have any use for them really. 

I would probably go Bulbasaur. There is a lot of great water Pokemon in XY, but I honestly can't recall many great grass picks.

7 hours ago, RPS said:

I would probably go Bulbasaur. There is a lot of great water Pokemon in XY, but I honestly can't recall many great grass picks.

Roselia can be had outside the daycare and can get the job done--it's kind of similar to Venusaur in terms of what it will do for the team (lots of status moves, high Special Attack/Defense, etc.). Both of the two Mega Charizards are probably the best, but Mega Venusaur pairs pretty nicely with Delphox in the end, and Venusaur has a lot of utility in capturing since it can learn Sleep Powder.

In that situation I'd probably plan to catch Roselia (or Budew earlier) and take Squirtle, but either of Squirtle or Bulbasaur can be useful. What you'll really need is a physical attacker (did I mention ghost sword and karate panda?).