Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

12 minutes ago, Katsuya said:

I kinda like the new Battle Competition they've announced. Only the original 151 and you can't use items. I wonder who would be top of the pile in that case with the Gen VI mechanics?

Probably still Mewtwo.

Uber powerful, great movepool (including recovery), no dark types in gen one, no strong enough bug types with good movepools, and Gengar (only fully evolved ghost) has a weakness to psychic attacks due to poison and is slower with less HP, so it's going down before Mewtwo is. It's only minor challenge offensively would be Magneton's steel typing, which is crushed because Mewtwo can learn fighting and fire attacks now.

It's best challenger besides Gengar to put it on defence is probably Pinsir or Scyther, and they're cut down by a simple flamethrower in the repertoire and don't have the speed/HP to compete with Mewtwo anyway.

Heck, you can use Psychic, Recover, Flamethrower, and have a move left over for shits and giggles.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Benji said:

Probably still Mewtwo.

Uber powerful, great movepool (including recovery), no dark types in gen one, no strong enough bug types with good movepools, and Gengar (only fully evolved ghost) has a weakness to psychic attacks due to poison and is slower with less HP, so it's going down before Mewtwo is. It's only minor challenge offensively would be Magneton's steel typing, which is crushed because Mewtwo can learn fighting and fire attacks now.

It's best challenger besides Gengar to put it on defence is probably Pinsir or Scyther, and they're cut down by a simple flamethrower in the repertoire and don't have the speed/HP to compete with Mewtwo anyway.

Heck, you can use Psychic, Recover, Flamethrower, and have a move left over for shits and giggles.

I think, actually, that Mewtwo and Mew are banned in that tournament now that I think about it.

I'd imagine Wigglytuff and Clefable would be up there thanks to Fairy. 

32 minutes ago, Katsuya said:

Only the original 151

12 minutes ago, Katsuya said:

Mewtwo and Mew are banned in that tournament

Bloody Kats :/

Can't imagine fairy will help much, they're a dragon/dark killer, dragon only really has Dragonite (lol), and again there's no dark types. It then only really takes out fighting types, and not very efficiently either, at least not compared to Psychic. They're weak to steel types (only one, but Iron Tail and other stuff can be used on a lot of 'Mons), and poison (abundant in gen one).

Chansey would probably be solid. Pathetic attack, so it'd take ages to win, but it can probably stall out a hell of a lot of opponents with a Toxic-Soft Boiled-Egg Bomb/Double Edge-Protect moveset, and its only weakness is fighting types. Its only real issue would be facing taunt, which is only learned by Meowth/Persian by level up, who would be long dead from either Toxic or Double Edge/Egg Bomb to worry about not being able to stall. It is learned by a lot of Mons via TM, but most of them would be taken down too, so probably only Muk, Gengar and Weezing would be able to take the fight to it and turn the tables.

16 hours ago, Benji said:

Oh right, I never use legendaries anyway unless it's competitive and agreed rules. I didn't even think about people using them in-game >_>

I'll probably use Darkrai if I start catching HA mons for breeding again since 80% sleep is pretty great. Other than that, eh.

7 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

I got a spare code if you are still after one.

If you still have a spare code I could take it off your hands.

Also, I had over 1,000 BP after hoarding it from Bank, and it still wasn't enough to get everything I wanted in Omega Ruby <_< I got all of the battle items I wanted (only ones I'm missing are the ring target, air balloon and iron ball I think), and then a few evolutionary items I want. 29 days left so hopefully that'll be long enough for Bank to get me the BP I need.

Really you only need one Mega so if you're running whichever RBY starter you picked then you don't need Lucario.

I say this like my team in my first Alpha Sapphire playthrough wasn't Sceptile, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Aggron, Heracross, and Latias and I didn't give ALL OF THEM their mega stones at all times possible. :shifty:

I think I can probably fit them in actually, running Lucario, Pancham, Hawlucha, Blastoise, Sigilyph and Delphox... Currently have Absol in my party so Pancham evolves, but he seems a bit weak for some reason so he'll be the one to drop out.

I feel like I'm setting myself up to be run through in like 6 moves total at some point, but eh.

Absol gets great attacking capability, but he's not so good on the defense. He's not bad, so to speak, but he certainly doesn't take hits as well as he can dish them out.

What Pokemon have you got so far anyway?

Also, side note; @Benji how long are the Mew codes valid for? I'm extremely tempted to fall back into this again what with the 2DS's coming out with the original games on them. Pokemon Yellow was my freaking childhood, but they don't come out until the end of the month so if the codes expire by that point then it isn't going to do me much good picking one up :P

Running the aforementioned team thus far, but had much success early on with the Farfetch'd you can get in a trade, as well as with the three elemental monkeys. Yawn is excellent when going out and catching 'mons. A bit shitty their evolutions don't learn any moves (something I only found out after evolving Pansear (the most useful, Incinerate is so good.) and Pansage).

Have barely used the Tyrunt and Snorlax you can get.

Is Zangoose any good? Caught one ages ago and it looks swag.