Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Benji said:

Oh shit. That means I can get my surfing Pikachu back that I keep losing every gen due to the stupid "no HMs" rule :o

How does one get a surfing Pikachu without Stadium though? They're ports, but from memory there was no legal way to get a surfing Pikachu in RBY without Stadium.

I was hoping it would be a package deal instead of buying each separately (not sure why I thought that; wishful thinking maybe), but I'll probably grab Red.

Not sure if I'll be getting Sun or Moon, though. I may be at the point where I'm over new Pokemon games. Of course, six months from now I may be on the hypetrain <_< 

Just picked up my Yellow Edition 2DS and found a pre-owned copy of Y there, so grabbed that too. Now to set the thing up and lose myself in my childhood all over again for a few hours.

Update: The data of the guy who previously owned this copy of Y must have been some really young kid, because his PC has about 12 really weak early game things and then he just has the following 9 Pokemon leveled up into the 70s:

Xerneas, Yveltal, Blaziken, Trevenant, Lucario, Pikachu, Talonflame, Greninja, Venasaur

Gonna download Pokemon Bank quickly and steal them, cheers for the freebies, Oliver :shifty: 

I'm finally caught up with my Pokémon games. Currently playing X and AS simultaneously.

3196-3767-1772

Also @Avenged, once you put something into the Bank you can take it out no problem, it's not actually anchored to your game cart it's anchored to your Nintendo ID. So yeah, pretty sure you can farm starters that way. All you need is the Pokédex to get access to Bank as far as I know, and you get that VERY early in the game.

I can't decide whether I want Red or Yellow version. Red because I always preferred it (despite having Red and Blue as a kid), and Yellow because it would mean I'd have access to all three starters (I believe), but really I'd be fine with just Charmander.

Yeah, I believe you do. I think Red would just have more nostalgia for me since it was the very first Pokemon game, while Yellow had color and some elements from the anime.

Screw it, I'll just get Red. I can't imagine the starters in this having any special moves or anything that would require me to have them, and I can live without more colors or Pikachu following me around.

An interesting look at what might be happening in the new games, this is not really spoilers since he is using the Sun and Moon reference to get to what the legendaries and base theme of the games may be based on cultural references.

Gotten proper emotional and nostalgic with all the Pokemon 20th anniversary stuff this week.

I'm an adult now and have all the great things that come with that, but Pokemon will always be there. It basically was a large portion of my childhood on its own and it'll never not be a part of me. I can't wait to share it with any future kids I may have too. I got a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Red at the age of 8 in May 2000 and 16 years and all the versions later I'm just as excited to be picking up Pokemon Sun or Moon this year. 

Pokemon is the best. :)

• Like 4

Finally got round to playing Alpha Sapphire. Ended up getting a (mostly) random team together to give a few Pokemon I've never used a try.

Just beat Roxanne, my team is:

Level 12 Remoraid

Level 10 Onix

Level 10 Beedrill

Level 10 Duskull

Level 9 Rufflet

Level 9 Furfrou

What I've learned so far is Furfrou is a beast. Using a limited-heal challenge too to give it a bit extra.

• Like 2