Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else gotten an email in regards to the legendary birds thing they were doing through the newsletter? I could have sworn I was signed up for it but I haven't gotten anything so I may not have been.

27 minutes ago, Vitamin E said:

Has anyone else gotten an email in regards to the legendary birds thing they were doing through the newsletter? I could have sworn I was signed up for it but I haven't gotten anything so I may not have been.

I got my email on like the 5th or 6th.

I have a spare Darkrai code (UK if it matters) if anyone is in need of one. Not sure if those are in short supply though given it was at Game this time and not Smyths. 

2 minutes ago, Velociraptor King Ellis said:

I have a spare Darkrai code (UK if it matters) if anyone is in need of one. Not sure if those are in short supply though given it was at Game this time and not Smyths. 

I do! Totally forgot that was an in-store thing and I'm not gonna have time to go before they stop doing them :shifty:

It does kinda make sense given that the third game was essentially the same as the first two but with very minor changes, it always seemed like a complete luxury purchase for me if I already had one of the first two.

Two things I got from the graph though; firstly I'm surprised at how low the Black 2/White 2 sales were, I always thought a direct sequel would be a money-spinner.

Secondly.... holy crap the first generation sold of a lot of copies.

People do forget that Pokémon was basically the killer app of the Gameboy. A lot of people bought it purely for that, and a lot of people even now (myself included) buy Nintendo handhelds almost exclusively for those games.

I'm more impressed by how the series has basically plateaud for four generations. Not many series can claim that kind of reliability.

Doubt it was a major factor. Most people knew that it was basically doing the same as the usual third games, just split into two. People want new regions and Pokémon, the selling point is something new, not a slightly changed visit to a place you've been.

Also, BW2 were decent, but the story of BW1 was probably the best in the series for me. Really made me question the morality of stuff I took for granted in the Pokémon world.

B2W2, as Pokemon games, were kinda dull and samey, but what I loved about them was the weird stuff they included. That city you could control, the movies you could star in, the World Tournament with all the gym leaders/notable trainers, I would love it if SuMo included any of those.

2 hours ago, tenaciousg said:

B2W2, as Pokemon games, were kinda dull and samey, but what I loved about them was the weird stuff they included. That city you could control, the movies you could star in, the World Tournament with all the gym leaders/notable trainers, I would love it if SuMo included any of those.

Oh yeah, the add-ons were great, but after just how good  B/W1 were, it just felt a bit like same-y. B/W's post game is also the best since GSC which helps a lot.

• Like 1