Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Katsuya loves Oslo said:

So apparently, they did a poll in Japan where they asked for favourite Pokémon out of all the available ones.

Poor Simisear came dead last 

*Googles* lol, that's a Pokemon?

Mind you, I've not watched Pokemon since the end of Indigo League. Back in my day there were 151 Pokemon and that was more than enough for us!

I do notice that the screenshots from Pokemon Go (which I can't wait to play, fulfil a childhood fantasy there) just involve the original 151. Which'll do me. Bloody Simisear. It looks like the Mozilla Firefox logo as designed by Sonic Team.

• Like 1

Yeah I remember thinking it was great that you can get a Pokemon to help with type advantage against the first or second gym, depending what starter you chose. Turned out the monkeys weren't that great.

There is also footage of Zygarde formes in Sun and Moon: 10% and Complete. It's kind of nice they're doing something with Zygarde as I always felt they were kind of a throw away legendary in X/Y since, from what I remember, you don't really get a lot about it in the game.

They did balance it right with them in B/W, they gave you one to counter the rivals advantage, then didnt give you the option to get another until later in the game. In X/Y they have all three before the first gym which felt wasteful, when I went through I got all three and had them all all in my party except the one with my starters type until I changed them out for something new/better.

The monkeys are all a bit shit, but man, some of these nondescript mid-generation mons are so bland that I almost forgot they were in the game when I was trying to catch them all. Finneon, Barboach, Basculin...

Look, what I'm getting at here is "why are there so many generic-ass fish."

• Like 2

Oh God, grass is just the worst monotype. It comes up against Gliscor once you're out of ice moves or Ferrothorn full stop and you may as well forget about it. Only one grass type Mon can learn a non Hidden Power fire type move to deal with Ferrothorn, and it's a flamethrower (a special move) on Gorugheist (a physical attacker). Alternative is weather ball Roserade, but setting up Sunny Day on a grass team is basically like begging your executor to put you out of your misery.