Sign in to follow this  
PkmnTrainerJ

Pokémon

Got you added. Will try to remember to open your gift tomorrow @King Ellis. Not much point in us both opening on the same day as you can only advance your friendship once. 

My girlfriend runs a pretty decent Pokemon community on Discord if anyone is interested in joining. They do stuff like shiny hunts and battles, as well as talking about POGO events, news, and other stuff like that. She's definitely managed to get me back into the games with it all, including actually playing ones that aren't over 15 years old at this point :shifty:.

Link: https://discord.gg/SjKs2HH?fbclid=IwAR31mDbljN1vEyaQbUNjHy2iK902GvsaeHJjJ9IyfAD57JECNIoxymXCGb0

Sure why not. It's a reason to use Discord at least.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Sure why not. It's a reason to use Discord at least.

Shots fired TEOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Galarian Form Weezing Artwork

Galarian form Weezing is a fucking boss.

• Like 1

Spoiler

The shittest league though.

In terms of games, I'm grinding my way through the Alola dex on Ultra Sun at the moment. I miss when there were only 151 <_<

1 hour ago, Jericode said:
  Hide contents

The shittest league though.

In terms of games, I'm grinding my way through the Alola dex on Ultra Sun at the moment. I miss when there were only 151 <_<

My daughter is playing Ultra Sun and she has caught so many Pokemon and she will ask "who is this ones name?" I know the original 151, but some of them I am like "fuck if I know" 

Just add the word "Alolan" to one of the originals and make your best guess.

Standing in the fourth queue section at the Pokemon Centre popup shop in London. I'd estimate there are about 1000 people here, with the earliest people getting here before 5am. The shop doesn't open until 10am and this is apparently the quietest of the 4 days it's been open so far...

UPDATE: It was shit.

Edited by Naitch
  • Like 1

Apparently the Pokedex has leaked and more than half of the pokemon have been removed. Reddit is super pissed about it. But... I really don't care that much? I was never going to catch them all. I just want a fun story and to capture cute monsters to fight other cute monsters.

Anyone who doesn't buy the game because of the size of the friggin' Pokedex is just missing out on a good time for no reason. It was bound to become unmanageable at one point and they decided to draw the line now, simple as that. I'd prefer a more tailored experience to a "let's just get everything in there, sure why not?" approach.

It does kind of suck that you can't bring in Pokemon that you can't find in the games but... eh? Doesn't bother me that much.

• Like 2

Thing is, there's all the outrage now but if they do a third version or sequel in a year or so they'll add more to that as they've done every other time, it'll look like they've caved and given people what they want when really they'll have just had the full development team back and been able to get more models done and everyone will praise them for giving the fans what they wanted.

Sword and Shield are going to be perfectly fine games. They're the first game they've stepped up onto the Switch, there were bound to be things they didn't get right first time.

I ventured a look onto the Pokemon subreddit and good lord. I don't even think pathetic is enough of a descriptor.

On 04/11/2019 at 19:05, apsham said:

I ventured a look onto the Pokemon subreddit and good lord. I don't even think pathetic is enough of a descriptor.

Why? I'm neutral on the cutting of the Dex, but I kind of understand the complaints. 

The last mainline Pokemon game I played was X. I finished it and caught most of the Pokemon, but I can't remember most of the little bastards. I can only recall a few from the Gold/Silver days.

It's a difficult one because I can understand people being disappointed that their favourite monster has been cut, but I'm definitely far from the only one who has no meaningful connection with the vast majority of them. I'd probably have preferred it if they only added a few each game (maybe the starters and a couple of legendaries) and focused more on the setting, story and gameplay. These games look reasonably promising on that front.

Here's a link for some differences between the two. There may be other stuff not revealed yet, too, but I can't imagine there's anything beyond the slight differences like Pokemon exclusives. I'd say find out if any of his favorites are exclusive to one version if he's played a previous game before and get that one, otherwise get the one you think he would find coolest (or the ones he tells you if he knows what's in the game so far)

https://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-sword-shield/Pokemon_Sword_and_Shield_Version_Differences#Exclusive_Legendary_Pokemon_in_Sword_and_Shield

• Thanks 1

Apparently Toby Fox has done a song for the game!

9 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I think I’m going with Sword simply for Sirfetch’d

I'm going with Sword for Bea.

I get Sword because the missus wants Shield for the new Pontya.