Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

This damn game is altering my life. I'm planning on exercising, purchasing a bike specifically for Pokemoning, and I'm actually excited about it. 

Fuck you GO.

Edited by Lj.
  • Like 2

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used an incense last night and got a Hypno and Nidoran female, along with a bunch of Rattata. But I evolved a Rattata today to get a Raticate!

Also all the gyms around me have upwards of 400 CP Pokemon, so I'm not sure when I'll actually try battling unless you can battle friends somehow.

Does anyone know what the little spinning white poke ball icon is for? It's usually in the upper left corner or so and I'm not sure why it appears.

Edited by Vitamin E

I haven't actively left the house to go Pokemansing yet, although I feel like I should if only to level up my Pokemon and get a bit of variety. My best Pokemon is currently a 270CP Jynx and there's a Pokestop literally two minutes walk away.

I went the gym yesterday and caught a few, went on a walk afterwards to the bus stop to get a few pokestops, on the bus to town I got loads of pokemon and pokestops...then my phone died :(

I have a day off on Friday to get some clothes for mine and Jen's holiday so I'll probably just smash Pokemon that day in town rather than do any actual shopping :shifty: 

15 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

I went the gym yesterday and caught a few, went on a walk afterwards to the bus stop to get a few pokestops, on the bus to town I got loads of pokemon and pokestops...then my phone died :(

I have a day off on Friday to get some clothes for mine and Jen's holiday so I'll probably just smash Pokemon that day in town rather than do any actual shopping :shifty: 

And when asked what you are doing you will say you are taking sneaky pics of birds because you don't want to say you just caught a Dugtrio and a Koffing >_>

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vitamin E said:

Does anyone know what the little spinning white poke ball icon is for? It's usually in the upper left corner or so and I'm not sure why it appears.

That's your game refreshing with the server to update your GPS position and refreshing any changes to your team to your online save file. If that stops spinning then you're running into server problems.

Went for another walk, caught a Caterpie and a Drowzee, got to Level 5, reached the gym I know about aaaand... lost connection.

I've got a Golbat  (caught in my house whilst Jen looked at me like i was a tit) which is 308cp, a Jynx which is 218cp and a Fearow which is 192cp (caught near Goodison Park on Saturday) 

Holy shit. I thought I was making off like a bandit with my Pokémon in the 50-60CP range. Can't complain too much though since I've found quite a few simply by booting up the game & moving about my apartment. 

Anyone had that happen yet? On screen my character wanders a decent distance randomly from time to time.

Edited by Lj.

The ammunition for the media to start their outcry is flooding in. There's been reports of a young girl looking for a Pokémon by a river bank and finding a washed up dead body, and a group of guys using a Poké Stop in Missouri to rob people at gunpoint.

If you use an incense near a stop then people can see that. I was downtown for supper with the girlfriend and we decided to walk around the block back to the car to grab a couple when I found out this fact. Three dudes in a car called out to us asking if we were playing and then by the time we got back around the block, there were now 7 people there with a couple others getting out of their car having driven there PURELY because the incense was there.

It's a rainy Sunday and everything was close but literally everyone we saw downtown was playing Pokemon GO.

Went downtown and there were a bunch of people at a spot just playing it, was pretty cool. I also caught a Pidgeot and a Gastly while down there so I did rather well I think.

• Admin
10 hours ago, Chris2K said:

The ammunition for the media to start their outcry is flooding in. There's been reports of a young girl looking for a Pokémon by a river bank and finding a washed up dead body, and a group of guys using a Poké Stop in Missouri to rob people at gunpoint.

From that story, on the BBC website ""You don't actually have to step inside in order to gain the pokeballs," the Northern Territory Police Fire and Emergency Services says on its Facebook page." is a wonderful sentence.

Yeah, the odd thing is the media don't seem to be using all this to attack Niantic or Nintendo if anything, they're more using it as a "Oh, silly people playing their games" story. And there's been a lot of positive coverage about it getting people to go outside and walk around etc.