Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, apsham said:

I feel like the 'full access to your Google account' thing is a bit above and beyond standard permissions.

Niantic used to be a part of Google up until a few months back, so it's likely related to that. Agreed it is too much, but really it's to be expected for a F2P app, and indeed most things. If you're not the customer, your information is the custom. Not saying it's not shitty, but it is the truth.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have thought a lot of it up until recently when Google totally revamped the way that permissions are done - very segmented and on a "as needed" basis. That being said on android - the permissions only pertain to Camera, Contacts, Location and Storage which is what you'd assume. So I don't know why it would pertain different to the iOS reasonably or if someone is just analyzing it terribly.

New SuMo Pokemon:

corocoro8161.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW OH MY GOD THAT BEAR IS SO ADORABLE I NEED HIM NOW.

Normal/Fighting for the Bear, Ghost/Fairy for the other one (which someone noted is like a Ditto failing to be Pikachu)

• Like 1

More info on the new Pokémon.

Spoiler

The bear is called Kiteruguma and is Normal/Fighting with the abilities Fluffy and Klutz, while the ghost is Mimikkyu and is Ghost/Fairy. It has the ability called Disguise.

People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anytthing in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger. TL; DR - THE BEAR WILL LOVE YOU TO DEATH.

Mimikkyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness . We'll bring more as it comes

• Like 1

Went for my first two town big walks today, caught an absolute boatload of stuff (nothing particularly good) including enough Rattata to get a Raticate and raise it up to 300+ CP.

The best part though was watching everyone else playing it as I walked around. Someone released a Lure Module and suddenly ten-fifteen people came flocking to it and were all having a great time, imagine what it will be like when it's actually released over here.

10 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I was going to join Team Valor for that reason, but ended up with Team Instinct because Zapdos was always my favourite legendary bird.

So you're saying you should have gone with literally any other team than the one you chose? :shifty:

• Like 1

At least in my case. When I'm walking to and from work (especially on hot days) I don't really like having my phone in my hand or getting warm in my pocket and just having the app running with the screen off doesn't seem to be doing anything for me - not to mention if the screen flickers off for a moment I lose connection to the GPS AND my camera can't pick up the AR experience for one reason or another so I just have to use the static background.

Maybe when it's out here 'officially' and patched a bit it'll get better. Shall see.

6 hours ago, apsham said:

At least in my case. When I'm walking to and from work (especially on hot days) I don't really like having my phone in my hand or getting warm in my pocket and just having the app running with the screen off doesn't seem to be doing anything for me - not to mention if the screen flickers off for a moment I lose connection to the GPS AND my camera can't pick up the AR experience for one reason or another so I just have to use the static background.

Maybe when it's out here 'officially' and patched a bit it'll get better. Shall see.

Try an app called Awake! for GO. It leaves the game open without you having to change your screen time out settings & only becomes active while you're using GO. 

I would definitely prefer an update where basic functions of the game run while your phone is in sleep mode, but I don't know how accurate your GPS would be. 

Edited by Lj.