Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been for a two hour countryside walk for egg hatching, a few server issues but the improvement since last week is incredible, got a Psyduck, Meowth and Oddish from the eggs.

I've evolved my Pidgeotto to Pidgeot and it's by far the best on my team, followed by Hypno and Raticate. I really need a few others to fill out a six Pokémon team but it's so hard to judge who to level up when a higher CP version might turn up at any time.

Also caught an Omanyte in town today after tracking it down for ten minutes, it was just nice to get a reward after looking for it for so long. Razz berries seem to be very helpful for the higher leveled Pokémon.

And I caught a Nidoran Male. Named it Nidberg.

At this point I doubt I'll actually try to go after gyms because everything is basically close to 1000 CP, and working full time I really don't see myself getting my level high enough to actually get a higher max CP for Pokemon.

I'm really hoping an update comes soon to fix some issues, though, like needing the app and screen on in order for it to count your steps and the whole "getting the same amount of candies for transferring a 10 CP Rattata as you do transferring a 400 CP Pidgeot" thing.

I was out earlier and a Russian guy came up to me while I had my phone out while I was playing Go and asked me if I was playing it, had a little chat with him and gave him some tips on where to go for Pokestops and showed him how to Incubate eggs as he didn't know. 

I like this game. 

I'm liking Go a lot. Me and my new housemate go for a walk most evenings which is pretty cool.

Evolved a whole bunch, my bus ride to uni/work is littered with pokestops and Pokemon so I've been leveling up at least a level per day thanks to that. There's also a Pokestop next to where I have lunch so I can spin it roughly every 5 mins.

My 10km egg should hatch on the way in today too, so I'm excited to see what's in there. My favourite catch so far is probably Seel, only because it's the only time I've seen one in the area including at gyms.

My egg was an Evee, which was initially disappointed because I already caught one but then I noticed it came with an obscene amount of candy. Enough to evolve it to Vaporeon! Yay. Plus almost enough to evolve the second one too. 

31 minutes ago, MDK said:

Might be obvious to everyone but you can power up your pokeball by holding down on it, makes it easier to catch the more tricky pokemans, so I've heard

There's some kind of timing towards it, but nobody seems to have a definitive answer. When you hold it down some people say that you need to wait until the green/yellow/red circle is as big as possible to get the best effect, whilst the developers themselves say it needs to be as small as possible. You'd think the developers word would be the one to trust but people seem to have more luck with bigger circles than smaller ones.

26 minutes ago, MDK said:

Is there a point to downloading the UK one or can I carry on with the current one?

When Baddarina checked the Android store earlier, there was an "update" available, so I think it could be a newer version than what you're using now. She didn't lose any progress or anything.

Am I the only one not even remotely bothered about Pokemon Go?

I've played every generation of Pokemon and can't wait for Sun and Moon, but this seems a bit meh and hollow compared to the full game.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TCO said:

Am I the only one not even remotely bothered about Pokemon Go?

I've played every generation of Pokemon and can't wait for Sun and Moon, but this seems a bit meh and hollow compared to the full game.

It's what makes us interesting that we have differing interests

• Like 1