Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

This better be worth the £180 I'm about to spend on 3DSXL and a copy of X.

I'll be holding you and your constant talking about it on twitter personally responsible if not, Kats.

If you're buying a new handheld for this, for the love of crap get a 2DS

Hahahahahahahahahahaha no. If I wanted to carry around a tablet with me, I'd get a tablet.

And why would anyone buy a regular 3DS when you can get an XL? I tried playing my regular DS the other day and the screen is so horribly small, I couldn't deal with it.

Buuut it's cheaper? :\

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I can see how that might be an issue if you don't have the money, but I can probably spare the £50 on getting the one I'd prefer, so it's not really an issue for me.

Plus I just hate the look of it.

Yeah, TBF, now is probably the only time that getting a 3DS is finally kind of "necessary" in terms of games. Pokemon and Animal Crossing are both out now and Smash Bros. will be soon enough, so it's finally a good investment in terms of games to play. Plus Harvest Moon & new Phoenix Wright as well, which are more niche but equally playable.

So where are you spending that £180 Ticklez? Game?

Nah, shopto. I ordered about 5 minutes before 5pm and now I'll have a 3DS by tomorrow! :D

They do a 3DS XL bundle but it's more expensive because it's a special edition Pokemon 3DS, so not really worth it. Just bit the bullet for the console and a copy of X.

Saw this on Serebii. Nothing amazing, but it's free stuff.

Following on from the reveal of the Serial Code aspect of the Mystery Gift feature, the first serial code based event has been released. This event is for the UK where if you purchase the Pokémon X & Y games from the supermarket Tesco, if the game is marked as being part of the promotion, you will receive a special Serial Code that gives you access to 12 Quick Balls. It is not known when Tesco will stop providing these codes

Picked up Pokemon White on the cheap, exactly what inspired the creation of the first sequel game in the series? Why is this one so good?

Also: shopto has dispatched my order today! Yesterday they dispatched Zelda and I received it today, so here's hoping I get another early release!

Soul Silver regenerated my love for the series, then B/W were the first games since Silver/Gold (and the remakes) to actively use a Post Game to great advantage. Black 2/White 2 kind of did that too. Unfortunately, all reports seem to point to X and Y not being all that good for a post game :/

On the flip side, some of the Pokemon are increasingly looking awesome.

Malamar gets Contrary, Superpower and Psycho Cut. Its speed stat isn't great, but a hold item can help that and after a couple of turns, it would theoretically be unstoppable.

Also, Mega Gengar has SHADOW TAG.

So far I'm just picking up whatever I don't recognize (I haven't played anything past Ruby and only really remember up to Gold/Silver) and falling in love with it. So far, Pansear (adorable) and Azurill (oh my god I just want to cuddle it forever), Fletchling which is also adorable, Pikachu and Pidgey because they're the classics and I've always loved Pidgey... and Chespin, my first time ever picking a grass type starter, really. I've played with Bulbasaur but I pretty much always go Water. I'm sure this will change once I pick up more Pokemon, though.

Also just noticed that Azurill isn't a water type but a fairy type. Amazing.

I'm making about my usual progress with an RPG, I've played 3 hours and I've not even entered the first gym yet. :shifty: Caught 17 Pokemon and reached level 13 with Chespin and Pidgey, though. You seem to be able to catch a really fucking wide variety between the first forest and two routes between the first town with a gym. I've got fire, grass, flying, fairy, electric, bug, normal and I'm pretty sure there's a water type of the Pan family that I haven't run into yet. Tons of fun so far though.