Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Yeah I have a couple of the legend ones available, just want to grab a ditto for some breeding and I want to hold off on going online till I beat the Elite Four and do the game traditionally, that was when I got the option to go collecting after Kyogre and got sidetracked.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving Y so far after picking it up the other day, its the first time a Pokemon game has felt 'new' to me pretty much since they started. Which is funny because the majority of my team at the moment are from the first gen. 

Just got past the bit with Snorlax on the bridge which was really cool. Oher things I love; having a bigger cast rather than just one friend/one rival, being able to change costume, bike being replaced by skates, the huge colourful cities. In previous games I never felt inclined to do anything other than mandatory stuff but with this I'm in full on RPG mode and talking to everyone. 

Current team is Braixen, Pidgey, Wartortle, Pikachu & Butterfree. I only kept Butterfree because I wanted psychic moves but then Braixen learned psybeam so I was gonan box him. Then he learned Poison Powder, Stun Spore and Sleep Powder all at once which was kinda nuts, pretty useful to have this early on I think. 

• Like 2

I am playing with Snorlax on my most recent run and I never realized how fun it was to play with Snorlax. He can put himself to sleep and heal all of his HP AND attack while he is asleep and can also take huge amounts of damage. What is not to love about that? 

• Like 2

Elementary my dear Pikachu...

Spoiler

Nintendo has officially unveiled Detective Pikachu: Birth of a New Combination, a 3DS game starring a crime-solving Pikachu who wears a Sherlock Holmes-style hat.

It's been more than two years since an early tech demo for the title was glimpsed - all the way back in October 2013. It showed an actor mo-capping facial animations while Pikachu nattered away in Japanese.

The trailer below - which, believe me, is extraordinary - shows the walking, talking Pikachu and his human companion solving crimes.

Detective Pikachu will launch via the 3DS eShop on 3rd February in Japan priced 1200 Yen (£7.10) for three weeks, then 1500 Yen (about £8.80) thereafter.

The subtitle suggests this will be the first part in a series. We're asking Nintendo UK for more details now - including when we'll see the game here in the West.

The subtitle suggests this will be the first part in a series. We're asking Nintendo UK for more details now - including when we'll see the game here in the West.

Source: Eurogamer

• Like 2

For those in the Europe, it has been confirmed that Mew will be distributed at GAME stores via Serial Code from February 1st 2016 to February 28th 2016 and Gamestop in Germany from February 4th through to February 24th 2016, Italy at Gamestop from February 1st through February 24th. This is the first part of the Mythical Distributions that run all year. We'll bring more European distributions as they are announced

I'll probably try and grab a few extra serial codes for folks, but don't rely on that, as getting extra codes is pretty much dependent on who is working in my local GAME that day.

Well I'll still grab it when I head to get those games.

Should be my first event pokemon since getting Mew from an old Official Nintendo Magazine event for the first gen. Shame my brother took the cart for a new game and wiped it.

Beat the elite four last night, I thought it would be easy since I have been faffing about after getting Kyogre trying to catch a Ditto and my squad had leveled up to a range of low 50's (Kyogre & Pikachu) to mid to high 60's (Swampert, Latias, Camerupt & Linoone), my issue was the champ who took me down to my low HP Kyogre but I got lucky.

I like the new mechanic on the EXP share, in previous titles it was good but the one in this gen is great for balancing levels.

Steven Stone is surprisingly tough, especially given how easy Diantha is in XY. Normally the trainers have decent mons with nonsense movepools but Steven Stone leads with a Sturdy Spikes setter, has another tough hard-hitting Sturdy mon on the team in Aggron, and then finishes up with a Metagross with two strong STAB moves, priority, and Giga Impact for extra carnage. All of his moves are contact moves, so all of them get the Tough Claws boost, and between the four moves he's got basically perfect coverage. My Fairy team pretty much breezed through the game but Steven's Metagross damn near ended everything (I think it was Earthquake from Granbull that took it out because Granbull is the best).