Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

So, Pokémon eh? Everyone has an opinion on it, what's yours? Heres mine:

Animé: Good, Orange Islands sucked Hoenn is good though

Gameboy games: I grew up with these games, they helped nuture my videogame obsessed childhood

GBA games: A great step forward in Pokemon especially with FR/LG

Cube games: Collosseum sucked. End of.

DS games: I don't know what Diamond & Pearl will be like yet...hopefully good

Movies: There are way too many, and yet I love them all.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anime: Technically crap, but the thoroughly entertaining kind of crap that you have to be HARDCORE~! to like ( :shifty: ). I've had long and indepth conversations about the plot of Pokémon, so that's got to be a good thing.

Gameboy games: Frikkin' awesome. I bought a Gameboy Colour entirely for the purposes of Pokémon, and have never bought another game since.

GBA games: Good, but I've never been able to get into the new Pokémon after the original 151, so I haven't really taken it to heart.

Cube games: Not played.

DS games: Not played.

Movies: Only seen the first one. Responsible for the cheesiest thing I have EVER seen from an animated movie (pokémon tears = magical healing), and that's saying something. Still, gave me some good laughs...intentionally or not.

Edited by stokeriño

Anime: Technically crap, but the thoroughly entertaining kind of crap that you have to be HARDCORE~! to like ( shifty.gif ). I've had long and indepth conversations about the plot of Pokémon, so that's got to be a good thing.

Gameboy games: Frikkin' awesome. I bought a Gameboy Colour entirely for the purposes of Pokémon, and have never bought another game since.

GBA games: Good, but I've never been able to get into the new Pokémon after the original 151, so I haven't really taken it to heart.

Movies: Only seen the first one. Responsible for the cheesiest thing I have EVER seen from an animated movie (pokémon tears = magical healing), and that's saying something. Still, gave me some good laughs...intentionally or not.

:o

That pretty much exactly how I feel on the subject. Except I agree with TEW that Collosseum was horrible, and it was a Gameboy Pocket that was given to me for Christmas. But I requested it, and eventually ugraded to a colour, so it's the same thing :P

Anime: I watched the series until after Ash obtained the original set of badges, and then just kind of quit. It wasn't all that great, if my memory serves me correctly.

Gameboy Games: Excellent. My fondest memory of them was having my parents buy me Gold and Silver with a GBC for Christmas, and then playing it without turning it off once until the batteries died.

Gameboy Advance Games: I love the fact that they're better looking than ever and have a lot more depth and features and whatnot than they did on the Gameboy Color, but similarly to Stokerino, I never fully acknowledged the new Pokemon after G/S/C.

'Cube Games: Haven't gotten to play them yet, but I really want to give that one a go, the one that's similar to the N64 games.

DS Games: I guess they'll be good. I haven't even so much as seen a DS yet though. <_<

Movies: I watched the first one, but that's it. Looking back, my fondest memory was the card (Mewtwo, IIRC) that came with your ticket purchase (if you were obsessed enough to get there in time), as I was a hardcore TCG fan. Not now, as nobody else plays it. I still play the TCG for GBC, though.

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

My friend gave me a GBA like 3 weeks ago and for some reason teh first game I wanted to get was Pokemon and now I'm hooked on it. I got the leaf green version if anyone cares.

I was pretty irritated that they kept making sequels without even hinting at the possibility of one in the previous version. Once you beat the Elite Four in Red/Blue, that was pretty much all she wrote, and now look at how many sequels there are.

I think the cartoon is pretty cute. Never played the games. I need something fun. Are they worth it?

Yeah, it's more fun having a friend to play against though, I wouldn't say it's worth buying a console specifically for them, but if you have the cash and the console then go for it.

played the original Pokemon on gameboy and actually liked it . tried playing teh newer ones but I just can't get into it anymore.

Well, recently I . . . . . obtained a GBA and completed Pokemon Red so moved on to Gold. So far I've got all 8 badges, and am moving on to face the Elite Crew (much better name), in the tunnel on the way there I came accross a waterfall for the first time, so I though that would be the perfect time to teach one of my pokemon the Waterfall HM. BUT, I was shockd to find, that NONE of my pokemon could learn it. So, basically, I'm totally screwed.

Well, recently I . . . . . obtained a GBA and completed Pokemon Red so moved on to Gold.  So far I've got all 8 badges, and am moving on to face the Elite Crew (much better name), in the tunnel on the way there I came accross a waterfall for the first time, so I though that would be the perfect time to teach one of my pokemon the Waterfall HM.  BUT, I was shockd to find, that NONE of my pokemon could learn it.  So, basically, I'm totally screwed.

Go pick up a Horsea or something. :P Besides, Seadra owns.

Animé: I ised to love it when I was little, but I haven't seen it in a long time.

Gameboy games: I bought Blue and Red, and I downloaded all the others. The games are always strangely enjoyable.

GBA games: Great, too.

Cube games: Don't own a Cube, so I've never played 'em

DS games: Don't know.

Movies: Never watched any, except for this one pokemon movie that was in the cinema. I can't remember what it was called, though.

I was pretty irritated that they kept making sequels without even hinting at the possibility of one in the previous version. Once you beat the Elite Four in Red/Blue, that was pretty much all she wrote, and now look at how many sequels there are.

They mention Red in Gold/Silver/Crystal. He is the final boss.

Guest _sTe_

The fact that they kept saying there was only 150/1 pokemon, then suddenly discovering an extra 200 (or whatever) was quite odd.

Especially as most of these "newly discovered pokemon" appeared more often than the first 150.

Animé: I liked it when it was on SM:TV. The main thing I hate is that it gets way too repetitive. Team Rocket genuinely annoyed me.

Gameboy games: Very addictive, yet simple. Which makes it a great portable game, like Tetris was before it.

GBA games: I like the SNES-like RPG graphics. All the new stuff kicked ass.

Cube games: Disappointing...

DS games: Looking good.

Movies: Sucked. It was just like a back to back episode of Pokemon, what's the point?

Merchandise and piss-poor spin-off games: What made Pokemon gay.

Pokemon Blue (for GB Color) is probably one of the only RPG's I have ever actually gotten absorbed in, beaten, and loved. That game was amazing. I still have fond memories of my Ghastly pounding everyone elses Pokemon (including a Mewto) at school. That game was the shit. Beating Brock's Rock Pokemon with Pigdey just sandblasting everyone until I was almost never hit, then just gusting them like 25 times was sweet.