Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all of the starters (and by "all of them" I mean like Mudkip and Tepig and whatever) so if you want to take Froakie for a spin let me know.

Froakie is the right choice by the way. He's the best.

I regret not choosing Froakie. When I get the time (and I have no idea when that will be right now) I must register for this online malarky.

Ditto, I liked Chespin and evolutions, but my team had hella weak spot due to the fact I had Hawlucha, Chespin's evolution and Mega Lucario as fighting types all in one team, and I wound up much preferring Froakie in the end anyway.

You mean he gets STAB from every move he uses? Nice.

My Protean Greninja has Surf, Ice Beam, Night Slash, and U-Turn, so he can be Water, Ice, Dark, and Bug type as needed... and he gets STAB for all of them. Typical battle is Greninja starting off, seeing what the enemy can bring, and either countering it (very likely) or using U-Turn for STAB damage to bring in somebody else immediately. The team's got great coverage for anything the other guy will bring but does have a little trouble getting off the ground against Electric types since I have to rely on Metagross and Earthquake.

The only bad thing about Protean Greninja is that Water/Dark is really great defensively and the second you use virtually any move (including a Water or Dark move) it's gone. The random kid online definitely wasn't expecting Froakie to suddenly not be a Water type, though. :shifty:

For once I want a Pokemon game where you're in your 'early teen loner' phase rather than being forced to be a ten year old in a new town and having to make friends. And for the dad to be around, it's not fair on the mothers.

Pokémon Collosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness on the GameCube tick these boxes. Highly under-rated games IMO.

• Like 2

Trying to catch Ekans and Arbok with Sweet Scent is fucking awful. The worst part is that I guarantee I could throw a Turtwig on the GTS and have both within an hour (which is how I got Clefairy, Seel, Koffing, et al) but I decided I was going to catch these two the right way.

It'll be worth it when I start challenging kids online with my Team Rocket team. :shifty:

EDIT: WAIT I CAN JUST CATCH ARBOK AND BREED IT, BRILLIANT IDEA SOUSA

• Like 2