Doctor Who

Dingle

That was mostly crap, but Tennant TOTALLY carried it. He was excellent, but the plot and the script, and all the aliens were dire. To be fair, it picked up in the final third, but mostly Tenny was by a mile the best part of a very poor opener.

Edited by Mushiking timmayy

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I think it needs time to settle in without Billie, who was just as big a part of the re-invention as the Doctor was. Martha's got a lot of potential, she seems very similar to Rose in a lot of ways whilst also being tangibly different, which is what they need in the second companion in the same way that they needed that for the second Doctor.

I'll agree with timmay that the monsters were poor, and that Tennant carried the entire episode on his back, which is promising as he'll have to do that for a lot of this season whilst people get familiar with Who-sans-Billie, but I thought the plot wasn't dreadful. I liked the intergalactic rent-a-cop idea, just wish they'd made the Judoon better. And the script was pretty standard, really, no better or worse than any of the other roughly-average episodes we've had so far.

I don't know if everyone knows yet or not but according to RTD, the third episode will finally reveal the Face of Boe's secret. I'm guessing that's not a spoiler, since it's been hyped pretty much everywhere.

Any guesses on the four words? Other than the hugely rumoured connection between them and the time war monument mentioned in the 2006 year book.

Meh, people have always expected The Master to be back. But Mister Saxon being an anagram of Master No. Six is reading far too much into it because technically he's gonna be past his 13th regeneration and will be different, he isn't the 6th master.

I would absolutely love the Doctor to cautiously move closer to the Face of Boe, listening intently, placing his hand on the glass, cocking his head, listening for the wisdom that has been held back for generations, till this moment. The Face of Boe opens his eyes, coughs, and with his last breath, whispers to the last of the Time Lords........

"I like short shorts."

Then keel over and die, as the Doctor just stares in disbelief.

I would absolutely love the Doctor to cautiously move closer to the Face of Boe, listening intently, placing his hand on the glass, cocking his head, listening for the wisdom that has been held back for generations, till this moment. The Face of Boe opens his eyes, coughs, and with his last breath, whispers to the last of the Time Lords........

"I like short shorts."

Then keel over and die, as the Doctor just stares in disbelief.

I could see it being "you are not alone", and have JUST The Master return (not all of the timelords).

As for the first ep... it was quite average, though Martha shows potential and Tenny held the show together (as usual).

I think that'll be revealed later in the series. I doubt RTD would just throw that in there for no reason, and they tend not to leave any story arcs unresolved by the end of the year, so I guess we'll see.

Anyway, I really enjoyed that episode. Fun, lively, wordy and a great historical adventure. Not since The Mark of The Rani has the show done history that well, methinks. Way better than the last two "celebrity historical" episodes from the new show, ie: the one with Dickens, and the one with Queen Victoria.

Jolly good fun, Martha seemed to come into her own a bit more, and Tennant/Shakespeare had some great banter.