Sign in to follow this  
Dingle

Doctor Who

Hey (don't really post here alot but..) I liked the episode (never seena pre-2005 Dr Who BTW) but it was great final to see an angry 10th Doctor as well as setting Martha up for next week. My fav bit is that The Doctor stills thinks he's right and the face of boe is wrong

There is definitely a part of him that thinks there is someone else there, I just took it that he was saying it just for Martha. Can't be too open now can we Doctor.

So yeah, it has to be The Master right? Or maybe The Rani, I guess. Alan Rickman playing The Master, that's what it needs to be. According to Davies, the issue will be answered by the end of this season.

According to Davies, Boe is right about him not being alone, but The Doctor is right about him being the last Time Lord. Odd.

I'm convinced that the "You are not alone" message has something to do with the contrasting visuals of the Doctor in the first episode. The was a scene where he was outside the hospital, and yet he stated he had been inside, and then later one in which he had a very nasty scowl as he walked through the corridors in a dressing gown, and yet in the next scene he appeared in he was still in bed.

In short, I think we have two doctors. Which should be very, very confusing indeed.

I'm convinced that the "You are not alone" message has something to do with the contrasting visuals of the Doctor in the first episode. The was a scene where he was outside the hospital, and yet he stated he had been inside, and then later one in which he had a very nasty scowl as he walked through the corridors in a dressing gown, and yet in the next scene he appeared in he was still in bed.

In short, I think we have two doctors. Which should be very, very confusing indeed.

A random theory I've read on another board is that it could be The Master working on a different time path to The Doctor. As in The Master is still dead from the time he got eaten by the Tardis but this is before that, so The Doctor knows he is the last of the Timelord but is technically not alone.

Like I said, random theory.

You mean the guy that stopped Martha in the street in the first scene? That was explained at the end of that episode, where the doctor used the TARDIS to prove he could travel in time. It was right at the end, and he went back to before they met that day to prove he could do it.

Being in the U.S., I can't see the episodes until the Sci-Fi Channel picks them up (damn BBC America for not airing it!), but one of the rumors I've heard about the Master is

that Derek Jacobi, who is slated to appear on the show sometime during the season, will be playing the Master. I hope its not true, because NOBODY will ever make a better Master than Roger Delgado and Anthony Ainley, and if another Time Lord does pop up alive, I'd rather it be one that isn't a villain.

I enjoyed the episode, which, lets face it, was just a vehicle for the Face of Bo/Doctor finale. It had a nice claustraphobic feel to it, though I would have probably preferred it over 2 episodes, maybe. (Though, I'd prefer it if most Dr. Who eps were 2 parts and the 'big' ones 3).

As for The Master stuff...

Yeah, John Simm from Life on Mars is meant to be playing him.

I was sceptical about the next episode, but having seen the front cover of the Radio Times I can let it go considering how fucking badass Dalek Sec looks in that suit.

Radio Times cover inside

rt-21-27-4-2007.jpg

I dunno whether that counts as a spoiler or not saying its on the front page of the biggest television magazine in the country but I thought I'd play it safe.

The pigs were sodding stupid. The episode however was good (yes, you have read that from me), but that was all it was.

What happened to Solomon? He did the big speech in Hooverville ot whatever, rallying the troops etc, then I didn't see him again, although dad distracted me briefly, so I may have missed him.

Edited by Mushiking timmayy