Doctor Who

Dingle

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was excellent. The line about theorists or something (relating to Shakespeare's unclear sexuality) made me laugh, quite a lot. Really think they're building up the Martha/Doctor relationship nicely.

Yeah that was Victoria.

Sadly we slid back into the whole thing of indulging in using famous quotes from the literature/history books with the Doctor giving the ideas to the famous people (Rose trying to get Victoria to say "We are not amused" etc). It's stale and annoying.

Personally I prefer the near future episodes because our favourite chubby outspokenly gay writer doesn't get to do such things and instead has to be creative in his scripting.

Sadly we slid back into the whole thing of indulging in using famous quotes from the literature/history books with the Doctor giving the ideas to the famous people (Rose trying to get Victoria to say "We are not amused" etc). It's stale and annoying.

Yeah. I'm not sure if there's a special name for that sort of thing (there ought to be) because it pops up all over the place in, shall I say, less-than-good stories involving time travel. I also find it annoying as fuck.

There was also something rather bizarre about Queen Elizabeth shouting out "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!". Either go the whole hog with card soldiers and flamingo croquet, or don't bother at all. >_>

The writer of Queer As Folk is gay?!?! OMFG!!!!!!!

To his credit, he didn't even write this episode. Does he even write that many episodes these days? He wrote something like nine in the first season - but with Torchwood too (which I've never seen <_<) I imagine it'd be quite a strain for him to do nine scripts a season.

The writer of Queer As Folk is gay?!?! OMFG!!!!!!!

To his credit, he didn't even write this episode. Does he even write that many episodes these days? He wrote something like nine in the first season - but with Torchwood too (which I've never seen <_<) I imagine it'd be quite a strain for him to do nine scripts a season.

I forgot his name for a second so used my pseudonem for him.

See, the thing it, the best episodes are the first parts of the two parterns which leave you in a proper creepy situation without the catharsis - the return of the cybermen, the kid with the gasmask, the Ood and the devil etc etc.

You liked the Mummy? episode? Oh my god, I hated that episode with a vengeance and if I ever have to watch such a vile and disgusting abuse of my ears and eyes in one episode I will destroy my TV.

I actually cannot understand one reason for liking it and the "nanites" or whatever they were called (Essentially magical antigens) being the end of the episode was also incredibly frustrating.

So basically, you don't like the best two episodes of the new Who so far?

This weeks was crap anyway, it made me appreciate last weeks a whole lot more.

From the last series, I liked School Reunion, The Girl in the Fireplace was superb, and was one of the best episodes of the New Who, The Idiot's Lantern was fine, The Ood double-bill were good, and the finale was great again. Other like New Earth and Tooth and Claw were Ok too.

Its just so far, we've had an crap Christmas special, a poor but not actually bad opener, and this weeks garbage.

I agree with Mike. For me it wasn't necessarily an unenjoyable episode but at the same time it was pretty bad and timmay... yes I despised the mummy episode but because Eccleston wasn't exactly the best actor and I never really liked him that much it was more the Dr. Who stigma around it was why I watched and at least Rose was decent.

Aside from the Ood, Daleks (Sans emo dalek), Cybermen and random episodes here and there that didn't just end. (I didn't mind the werewolf episode or the episodes with Cassandra).

Also, to elaborate on the mummy episode, the ending was crap and made zero sense as far as the episode went and it was a complete let down for me. The acting in the episode was bad, Captain Jack is sooo annoying and the entire premise of the episode was irritating.

I didn't have a problem with the idea behind the witches, I agree that they fit in with the time period. The problem was the execution; I understand it's aimed at 'younger' viewers to an extent, but even so, they weren't scary at all.

The new assistant is already annoying me. Every time she was the focal point of a scene she seemed to be forcing it too much, and it all came across as very amateurish.

I had a feeling that with this episode, it should have been that they were the Witches from Macbeth, and that everything Shakespeare wrote came to life in some way; when Doc told Martha that it wasn't written yet, I was kinda baffled. Still, the one gripe I had was that they would never have said the words again if they had just seen that thing look at them.

I didn't have a problem with the idea behind the witches, I agree that they fit in with the time period. The problem was the execution; I understand it's aimed at 'younger' viewers to an extent, but even so, they weren't scary at all.

The new assistant is already annoying me. Every time she was the focal point of a scene she seemed to be forcing it too much, and it all came across as very amateurish.