Doctor Who

Dingle

The next 2-parter appears to be based on, from what's been said and that preview, the novel Human Nature. Considering it's being written by the self-same Paul Cornell, you'd hope so at least. That was one of my favourite novels from that series, up there with The Also People and Lungbarrow for my money. It featured the Doctor living on Earth as a human in the pre-war years, supposedly to understand the human condition, although seeing as he's Time's Champion, there was a lot more to it than that. Should be nice.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a lot on this week. Don't judge me. I'll update it when I have my last second year essay in, tomorrow, which is actually about a week after the first one anyway. So it's just a week behind.

If we hadn't had Daleks then I'd agree, but I'm a mark for them and aside from emo Dalek, I was happy.

It was a REALLY good episode though and I am so glad it is a two parter because even though the scarecrows who walk like chavs and Baines' face both piss me off, it's so great how it's been done.

Can't wait for next week now. WOO!

Oh and Logopolis is really good, I assume it's the first Peter Davidson episode?

Nah it was good. Scarecrows great, "The Family" shit.

That's about all I have to say. It was the best episode of this series so far, for all that's worth.

That's about all I have to say. It was the best episode of this series so far, for all that's worth.

I agree with most of that, thought I quite liked the schoolboy character from the family. He was creepy as hell - the rest were a bit poor though.

I agree with most of that, thought I quite liked the schoolboy character from the family. He was creepy as hell - the rest were a bit poor though.

Wow, simple as.

The script was good, characters were good, everything was good. And more interestingly the doctor came accross as an utter bastard who you know realise you should hate but you still can't help but love him. Very bizzare. And what a touching ending.

Fucking well good double episode that was. Well enjoyed it. Tennant gave Acting 101 to the nation with some of the stuff towards then (especially where he concludes that The Doctor's a bit of prick).

Looking forward to next week's episode as well.

Yeah, that really was rather good. The adaptation from the novel was superb, they took everything that was integral to the novel's plot and transferred it well, and did some great work in streamlining/altering the less-than-essential stuff into the series' chronology. Great writing as always from Paul Cornell, who is probably the best writer they have working on that series.

David Tennant continues to provide more evidence for his candidacy for not only best actor in Britain, but as the man who will have my super-talented, super-sexy, half-Scottish love children as soon as genetics advance far enough for this to be plausible. Excellent performance all around throughout, really nice to see him get to do some stuff he's not been doing much of since he got the part - emoting, for instance! Love him to bits.

Martha improves exponentially in every episode, doesn't she? She was really awesome in this, Cornell did a good thing in making her the centre of a lot of episode 1 and she stood up to the challenge. I was a little curious to see how well she'd fit into Benny's role from the book, she did so marvellously - albeit with quite a lot of shifting and rewriting.

Great guest cast! Fantastic acting from all of them, especially Jessica Stevenson, who we're all a little bit in love with, let's face it. She was so lovely, you really felt for her and John Smith's plight, and I'm going to echo everybody in saying that it was absolutely fantastic to see the Doctor's character being examined by John Smith. My personal favourite is when he demands to know why the Doc needs Martha, she replies he's lonely, and you get Tennant's beautiful crackling voice and disbelieving face - "and that's what you want me to be?"

Excellent episodes, all around. Dark, atmospheric, involving, and utterly sublime. Even timmayy can't dislike these.

Fucking AWESOME second part. That was the best episode of the entire new series.

Amen. I absolutely loved it, Tennant was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole thing. The Smith realising he was just a temporary life part was phenomenal. Loved it.

My favourite part was when she said to The Doctor "he was braver than you" because The Doctor wouldn't turn back, that stunned me so hard in how true it actually felt.

Even timmayy can't dislike these.

Careful now. ;)

Incidentally, while timmayy may be able to endure the constant shots at him, I'm getting bored of them, so if anyone makes anymore pre-emptive strikes at him before his opinion has been posted, you can enjoy a warning :)