Doctor Who

Dingle

Thing is with the Daleks, you can either have a brilliant episode or a terrible one, as a movie with Peter Cushing showed. Also, some guy at a Doctor Who convention in Blackpool told my mother that The Master is expected to be coming back, you just see his hand at the end of the series.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked how they turned up on Waterloo bridge, then started running through Westminster, then finally turned up at the Eye.

They missed out the part where they stopped off in Leicester Square for some late-night ice cream.

I saw that, and didn't understand it. What's with the wierd sporadic releases.

Story #006: The Aztecs

Story #010: The Dalek Invasion of Earth

Story #037: The Tomb Of The Cybermen

Story #048: Seeds Of Death

Story #051: Spearhead From Space

Story #065: The Three Doctors

Story #066: Carnival Of Monsters

Story #069: The Green Death

Story #076: The Ark In Space

Story #082: Pyramids Of Mars

Story #090: The Robots Of Death

Story #091: Talons of Weng-Chiang

Story #098: The Ribos Operation

Story #099: The Pirate Planet

Story #100: The Stones Of Blood

Story #101: The Androids Of Tara

Story #102: The Power Of Kroll

Story #103: The Armageddon Factor

Story #110: The Leisure Hive

Story #120: The Visitation

Story #122: Earthshock

Story #130: The Five Doctors (Special Edition)

Story #134: Resurrection of the Daleks

Story #136: The Caves Of Androzani

Story #139: Vengeance on Varos

Story #141: The Two Doctors

Story #152: Remembrance Of The Daleks

Story #157: Ghost Light

Story #158: The Curse Of Fenric

What's wrong with story 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11-36, and so forth.

Regarding the Doctor's regenerations.....

I thought I read somewhere that the Doctor's regeneration from the 6th into the 7th was forced by the Time Lords, just like the 2nd into the 3rd was.

Incidentally, I've seen episodes of all the Doctors (except Eccelston, obviously), and Colin Baker is the only Doctor I didn't care for. Colin Baker is a decent enough actor, but I didn't really like the way he portrayed the Doctor, and he was the worst dressed Doctor of them all.

My only experience with Patrick Troughton, though, was the Five Doctors special. Easy enough to explain, since most of the Troughton episodes are lost for good. Other than that, I've seen all the Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Davison episodes, most of the Hartnell episodes, two Colin Baker stories, and about 3 or 4 McCoy stories (The only Doctor Who vhs I own is McCoy - "Silver Nemesis").

(They used to show Doctor Who on a public television station here, but that was a looooong time ago)

Edited by GhostMachine

Ah yes, now I remember. Baker was on a long tril by the Time Lords and it showed quite a few old episodes added in with him being in a court. Although, I have to agree on the fact that he was probably my least favourite doctor, and the only Doctor I had a dislike with because he made the part a joke.

Also, next weeks episode is the one in the future? Looks alright, although, this series may just be one that doesnt follow a story arc and instead just visits random points in time to show off the new special effects and for people to get a liking to the new doctor. As of now, the only parts I'm looking forward to next week are the last human and how she plays a part in things and the end of the world and how that plays a part in things.

Also, how many episodes are there gonna be in this series, has it been announced? I know in 2 weeks time its the one in the past and later on there is a 2 part Dalek invasion, but how many eps are there?

Guest Majick

The episode where someone nearly reveals something about the Doctor is Silver Nemesis, the 25th anniversary story featuring Cybermen, Nazis and an Elizabethan lady. It's never said what the secret is/was.

My favourite Doctor was Sylvester McCoy, because he was the only one whose episodes I ever saw new, rather than repeats. Nowadays, I like Tom Baker best, and Jon Pertwee as well.

Did anyone notice that when the Doctor arrives at Rose's flat, he looks in the mirror as though seeing himself for the first time, but seems to have had a few adventures otherwise as well? Continuity slip, or is JFK/Titanic etc. in the Doctor's future, but our past?

Its what I was going to add into my post about regeneration and to fit in with the rest of thescript its why I would have had Paul Mcgann start the episode as the Doctor, because I'm in the mood for this, I'll write out how I would have done the episode.

For advertising purposes, I would have had Paul McGann doing it, so that the re-generation would be taken as a suprise. Or as much as a suprise as I could give.

The episode starts off and we have Rose in the factory with all the manequins, she's about to be killed by them when Mcgann appears and takes her to the lift. They escape, but The Doctor re-enters the factory and is killed in the explosion that we see as Rose runs away. So we move on and The new Doctor, Eccleston, appears at Rose's house with the same device that McGann had at the factory. She asks questions and then we can have the scene where The Doctor looks at his ears and all that stuff and comments on his new body. Then I'll move onto the scene where she searches for the Doctor on the web, it comes up with McGann's picture, because Eccleston is the new body of the Doctors. Rose goes to the mans house but says that The Doctor must have died in the explosion. The man (Nicholas Lyndhurts friend From Goodnight Sweethart) then shows her pictures of the different Doctors, all throughout the history of Earth and how it seems that its passed on through generation to generation. But he doesnt think they are different men, he thinks that they are all the same men, just aliens who have the ability to transform their body and appearence.

Rose confronts The Doctor about this after they escape from her boyfriend as Living Plastic. The Doctor tells her the truth and about the TARDIS. We then go to London where the Doctor describes what the transmitter would look like, we dont have the Doctor not see it, instead they have to get back into the TARDIS and lock onto the Millenium Eye, as Rose tells him its the only thign that could be what he's talking about (Giving the Assistant some usefulness). They then proceed to go uner the ground and this should mean they have about ten minutes left. The boyfriend doesnt come back and her mother is killed, leaving her with no-one on Earth to be with and then leaving and taking to the universe with The Doctor.

I would have wrote it into a 2 part story, but with what was given I just re-wrote things as they are.