PRO Wrestling Strongest Digest

December 2005

Top 5 MPW Title Contenders

1) Danny Daniels

2) Justin Kage

3) Josh Daniels

4) Brad Bradley

5) Matt Sydal

- The MPW Title situation is heating up as Vito Thomaselli has suffered loses to 3 of the best around. But before Vito has to worry about Matt Sydal and Justin Kage, he has to face Danny Daniels with the MPW Title on the line at Reviving The Team In Tag Team. Jim Fannin has promised that no matter what Danny Daniels will not be walking out with the title, and he just might not walk out plain and simple with or without the title. What is Fannin hinting at and will whatever his plans are go down?

- Ryan Boz has claimed that ever since his loss at First Line of Defenses that he is changing his ways and in wanting to bury the past is willing to face Randy Ortiz in a Bare Knuckles Match. After talking to both sides it is agreed that the match will take place at Reviving The Team In Tag Team and will be have a 10 minute time limit. All strikes and submissions are legal. Will Boz stay true to his new found self or will Ortiz finally get a huge win and prove himself to MPW?

- At Testing The Midwest Halo told the fans that he and Josh Daniels will team and it is now confirmed that they will infact be in the Tag Title tournament. Chandler McClure, who pulled off a win against Randy Ortiz, also has been revealed as one of the guys representing the now defunct IWA-MS in the tournament. Many are still speculating as to whether it'll be Eric Priest or someone else to team with McClure.

MPW Tag Title Tournament Roster

XXX-Plicit Content

PRO Lions

J.F. & Associates

The BJ Express

Josh Daniels and Halo

Team IWA (Chandler McClure and X)

Void Effect (Automatic Semi-finalist)

- A huge tag match has been added to Reviving The Team In Tag Team which will see Delirious team up with Brad Bradley as Jimmy Jacobs will join J.F. & Associates one night only as he teams with a new client of Jim Fannin's. No one has any idea on who this client will be and with Fannin being behind it, it could virtually be anyone.

- Justin Kage has requested a few minutes in the ring for a big announcement and MPW management has granted his requests.

Midwest PRO Wrestling Presents...

Reviving The Team In Tag Team

December 13 @ Geoff-Partice Warehouse

Main Event

MPW Title

Vito Thomaselli © vs. Danny Daniels

Brad Bradley/Delirious vs. Jimmy Jacobs/X

MPW Tag Team Title Tournament

First Round Matches

Team IWA vs. PRO Lions 

J.F. & Associates vs. Josh Daniels and Halo

The BJ Express vs. XXX-Plicit Content

Bare Knuckles Match

Ryan Boz vs. Randy Ortiz

PLUS: Jim Fannin, Justin Kage, and MORE!!!

*Card subject to change

Tickets $10 at the door

Edited by Mr. X

• 1 month later...

[MPW] "Reviving The Team In Tag Team", 12/13/05

Geoff-Partice Warehouse

40 Fans

- Randy Ortiz would finally get his first win in MPW in a Bare Knuckles match against his main foe Ryan Boz. Boz tried to take Ortiz down early to stay away from Ortiz's strikes but Ortiz was actually able to show a little defense and after getting in a top guard allowed Boz to get up. Boz hit a few bombers but Ortiz was able to catch Boz with a right uppercut and immediately took the opening to hit a high kick which sent Boz down to the mat. Ortiz quickly went for the pinfall and was able to finally defeat Boz.

Overall: F (41) Crowd: F- (18) Match: D (64)

- Chandler McClure and Eric Priest made their tag team debut in a big way by completely dominating 2/3 of MPW's Pure Lions Club. Howard kept up with Priest when the match started, and after Priest tagged out was able to get the advantage against McClure. Howard then tagged in Nelson who seemed to not be able to stay up against McClure and then eventually Priest, which led to Howard trying to make a save only to be caught by McClure and thrown out of the ring while Priest hit his Kiss Of Death to Nelson for the 3-count.

Overall: F (40) Crowd: F- (19) Match: D- (61)

- The BJ Express weren't able to have such a stellar outcome as Team IWA in their debut match, but put on a good tag team match. XXX-Plicit Content used their anger towards not winning last month as their fuel in this match which wasn't a good thing for BJ Express. Danny Scott and Abercrombie started the match with some crisp back and forth drop kicks until Mannix distracted the ref to allow Scott to hit a low blow. Brandon got into the ring and clotheslined Scott from behind and while the ref put Brandon back into the BJ Express corner Scott tagged in Mannix. Mannix dominated Abercrombie but after a failed sunset flip Abercrombie tagged in Thomaselli. Brandon quickly took down Mannix and knocked Scott off the apron, but when he turned around was quickly rolled up for a shocking 3 count. Bailey and Mannix celebrated while Abercrombie walked to the back alone, leaving Thomaselli in the ring.

Overall: F- (51) Crowd: F (26) Match: C (76)

[Justin Kage Promo]

Justin Kage makes his way to the ring to a small pop from the crowd. He steps through the ropes and grabs a mic. The promo seemed to barely reach anyone and merely only indicated the next title shot to the fans.

(clipped as if it was shot and then edited out for the sake of keeping it simple and to the point)

Kage: Tonight I'm hereby announcing my title shot next month against Vito Thomaselli, if Vito can survive Danny Daniels. Now, I know many of you are wondering how can I make a challenge when I've only had a couple of matches. The simple fact is I along with Matt Sydal beat The Iron Saints cleanly, meaning we proved our worth. The MPW bookers and Jim Fannin agreed on giving me a title shot and Matt Sydal can take his whenever. So next month at Champions Of The Tag, Justin Kage will finally rid J.F. & Associates of a title they've manipulated since Champions Night Out.

- J.F. & Associates came to the ring with the sole intention of getting the tag titles to add a seal of power to the group but in the end Halo and Josh Daniels were able to pull together and get a win to catapult their team into the fans hearts. Daniels continued his hard chops which quickly tore away to J.F. & Associates until Fannin called the two out, which lead to Halo pleading to be tagged in and Daniels accepting the gesture. This set up J.F. & Associates doing a beat down and nearly getting a 3-count but were chased away by Daniels, who dragged Halo over to their respective corner and tagged himself in. Salvatore tagged Krueger in who met the blunt force of Daniels' chops followed by a dragon suplex, but instead of going for the pin Daniels tagged in Halo who hit a springboard legdrop on Krueger for a 2-count. This led to Krueger getting the upperhand but eventually meeting his own downfall after attempting a Lady Thriller which Halo turned into a headscissors takedown and followed it up with a beautiful top rope hurricanrana for the 3-count. After the match, J.F. & Associates went for the beatdown but were saved by Brad Bradley and Delirious, who were attacked from behind by Jimmy Jacobs and the returning Egotistico Fantastico, who was announced as DARKNESS Egotistico.

Overall: F (56) Crowd: F (35) Match: C (77)

- Jimmy Jacobs and Delirious immediately brawled outside the ring while Brad Bradley easily dominated DARKNESS Egotistico. Jacobs quickly took Delirious down after a poke to the eye followed by a sick chair shot which eventually led to a chairshot to Bradley from behind to cause the DQ. Delirious slowly got back into the ring to check on Bradley but was again humiliated when Jacobs lifted him up and hit a Contra Code. To put more salt into Delirious's wounds Jacobs went for a pinfall as Egotistico made the 3-count.

Overall: F (55) Crowd: F (36) Match: C (75)

[Fannin's Challenge]

Jim Fannin jumped into the ring with the mic, immediately getting the fans to boo him. Egotistico and Jacobs shook his hands and exited the ring while Fannin had a cocky smile on his face.

Fannin: Tonight I proved once again that I'm able to take out anyone and everyone who steps up to me. It doesn't matter if you're Danny Daniels, Matt Sydal, Justin Kage, Delirious, or....Brad Bradley. Anyone who comes into this company thinking they're going to take the title from Vito is clearly mental and needs to be checked into a padded cell. I helped build this company and I'll die before I see the day that Vito is cleanly beat for the title.

As you all know by now, next month Justin Kage will sadly face Vito Thomaselli for the MPW title. The outcome is easy to predict but rest assured, Vito will make sure the match is still worth the money and that's all that matters to you, the beloved fans of MPW.

Now, I have one more thing to say before I go to the back and get Vito ready for his match coming up next. Brad Bradley decided that he's be the gate keeper of MPW and try to put J.F. & Associates into check. That big stupid son of a bitch just involved himself in something he won't ever be the same after it's all through. Bradley, as I look at you right now I see a man who is helpless and clearly under-estimated who he was up against. But, you still aren't dead. No worries though, next month I'm giving you a singles match against another guy who is hoping to join J.F. & Associates, only this time he'll definitely have your number and end your stupid regime before it can even get underway. Be ready Bradley, because after next month you're going to be taking welfare and assisted living as accommodations to your life.

- The main event was quickly hailed as a 4 1/2 star classic as Danny Daniels again took Vito Thomaselli to the limit. Vito started the match trying to flash pin Daniels but failed, resulting in Daniels being able to hit an early cradle piledriver for a two count. After Daniels missed a senton from top turnbuckle Vito started working on the back, using many of kicks and submission holds until Daniels was able to roll into the ropes thus breaking the hold. Vito went for an early superkick but Daniels was able to catch the leg and worked on it. Vito eventually regained control (as the heels always seem to do) and began his cheating ways with using Fannin as a distraction to allow Salvatore to interfere to put Daniels in a danger zone. Vito went for another superkick but Daniels ducked it which ended up catching Fannin, who was on the apron arguing with the ref. Daniels quickly executed a half-nelson suplex...1...2..kickout. Daniels then took Vito to the top turnbuckle but was pulled off by Salvatore, who ended up getting a nasty uppercut for his efforts. Vito then went for a crossbody on the apron but was caught and thrown into the audience. Daniels ended up hitting another cradle piledriver through a table but the ref finished the 10-count, thus making the match a double countout. The fans errupted with boos as the show was brought to a close.

Overall: D (66) Crowd: F (41) Match: A (92)

[Quick Results]

1. Bare Knuckles Match: Randy Ortiz d. Ryan Boz with a high kick.

2. Tag Team Tournament - Round 1: Team IWA d. PRO Lions when Priest used the Kiss Of Death on Nelson .

3. Tag Team Tournament - Round 1: XXX-Plicit Content d. The BJ Express when Mannix used a roll up on Thomaselli .

4. Tag Team Tournament - Round 1: Josh Daniels and Halo d. J.F. & Associates when Halo used a top rope hurricanrana on Krueger.

5. Brad Bradley/Delirious d. Jimmy Jacobs/DARKNESS Egotistico via DQ .

6. MPW Title: Vito Thomaselli drew Danny Daniels via double count-out.

January 2005

- MPW heads into the next event to crown the 1st holders of the tag team titles. There has been a slight change as AM Vishion (of Void Effect) suffered a bicep rip and will be out of action for at least 6 months. Zero has announced Josh Abercrombie as the guy who will replace AM Vishion. Even though these two haven't teamed both are experienced in tag team matches and could easily use this as an advantage to outsmart competing tag teams. Who will be crowned the MPW Tag Team champions? We know it can only be one of XXX-Plicit Content, Team IWA, Josh Abercrombie and Zero, or Josh Daniels and Halo.

- Ryan Boz is bringing in his former tag team partner Trik Davis as another opponent to prove he has changed as a person. Boz is said to be hoping to reconcile with someone who had good times with and this should be an extremely emotional match, with Davis possibly winning a spot on the roster depending on his performance.

- PRO Lions will face J.F. & Associates as both teams were eliminated last month at Reviving The Tag In Tag Team. Both teams are desperately looking for a W. Jim Fannin is said to be nearly through with the current team as they haven't succeeded like he had envisioned.

- MPW will hold it's year long running celebration Reviving The Midwest: Season 2 on May 23. Bill Geoff is already saying that the card will be stacked with tons of matches which can change the face of the company. MPW will host a round robin tournament with Sean Nelson, Ashley Howard, and Randy Ortiz with the winner receiving the PRO Lion Cup. This will be something to look forward to as all three are looking for thier big breakout.

- There has been alot of heat recently with Brandon Thomaselli as he's been no showing appearances and generally has had a negative attitude. It is being rumored that he may be on his last straw and could be gone within the coming months if he doesn't get right.

- MPW is holding a doubleshot for February and March. Five matches have already been announced with more coming up in the near future.

Facing The Odds

February 28 @ Geoff-Partice Warehouse

Brandon Thomaselli vs. Kevin Krueger

Josh Abercrombie vs. Salvatore Thomaselli

XXX-Plicit Content vs. PRO Lions

Make Or Break

March 1 @ Geoff-Partice Warehouse

Main Event

Jimmy Jacobs vs. Delirious

Brandon Thomaselli/Josh Abercrombie vs. J.F. & Associates

Champions Of The Tag

January 31 @ Geoff-Partice Warehouse

Main Event

MPW Tag Team Title Finals

Winner of XXX-Plicit Content/Josh Abercrombie and Zero vs. Winner of Team IWA/Josh Daniels and Halo

MPW Title

Vito Thomaselli © vs. Justin Kage

Brad Bradley vs. X

MPW Tag Team Title Semi-finals

Team IWA vs. Josh Daniels and Halo

Josh Abercrombie and Zero vs. XXX-Plicit Content

Ryan Boz vs. Trik Davis

PRO Lions vs. J.F. & Associates

PLUS: Jim Fannin and MORE!!!

*Card subject to change

Tickets $10 at the door

Edited by Mr. X

• 2 months later...

[MPW] "Champions Of The Tag", 1/31/06

Geoff-Partice Warehouse

67 Fans

- The opening match surprised a few of the audience members as the teams made very few mistakes, keeping everything simple to hide the inexperience of both teams. Ashley Howard was able to counter Krueger for most of the match and this rubbed off on Sean Nelson who was able to avoid many pinfalls due to his attentiveness. In the end, Krueger was still able to beat Nelson with a Lady Thriller after a hard fought match.

Overall: F (40) Crowd: F (25) Match: D (66)

- Ryan Boz yet again proved how low he can be by baiting his former tag team partner Trik Davis into what was billed as friend vs. friend, only to quickly lay in a beating to Trik. After faking a handshake Boz stunned Davis with a right hand and then unleashed a flury of moves targeting Trik's back. Then, as if he couldn't do anymore damage, Boz carried Trik on his back to the top turnbuckle where locked in an argentine back breaker and then jumped off to do more damage. MPW staff rushed to the ring and after trying to keep Trik down walked him to the back where he was checked out by paramedics.

Overall: F (34) Crowd: F- (16) Match: D- (60)

- The MPW tag team title semi-finals started with XXX-Plicit Content taking on Zero and has hand choosen partner Josh Abercrombie. While this was the first match both teamed in they showed their knowledge of tag team wrestling by being able to hang around with XXX-Plicit Content to the very end. Abercrombie did his typical high impact dives while Zero was more of the traditional light weight. Bailey Mannix seemed to have trouble with Abercrombie which led to a near victory when Abercrombie ducked a Mannix clothesline and came back with a head scissors takedown right into a pin attempt. Danny Scott was able to get the tag and after working on Abercrombie used a pump handle driver for the victory.

Overall: F (47) Crowd: F (30) Match: C (76)

- The semi-finals came to a close when Josh Daniels and Halo were able to defeat Team IWA in what was a decent match which saw McClure and Priest manhandled by the new tag team. Daniels easily dominated McClure with stiff chops and technical wrestling. Halo and Priest eventually were tagged in which allowed Team IWA to get some offense but in the end they quickly met defeat after a Daniels' dragon suplex followed by Halo's own Halocination.

Overall: F (46) Crowd: F (32) Match: C (73)

- "Blunt Force Trauma" by Damageplan took over the PA as Brad "Smash" Bradley made his way to the ring. As soon as he got in the J.F. & Associates theme song "When Worlds Collide" by Powerman 5000. Jim Fannin finally showed his face for the first time in the night, much to the dismay of the MPW fans. Fannin stopped midway to the ring with the microphone in his right hand.

Fannin: Bradley, I've warned you before and you didn't take heed to what I've been telling you. The night you decided to stick your nose into the business of Jim Fannin and my employees is the night you signed you started seeing red. You signed your death certificate and now I'm here to collect on what belongs to my collection of things accomplished here in MPW.... I'm here to collect your life. And you see, I wanted to do it in such a way that people would not only remember me but in a way that would make the next addition to J.F. & Associates. I wanted to get someone who is so close to you but so far that they'd do anything to get some payback like I've been wanting. And now, I've found that person and I'm here to deliver you to them.

"When Worlds Collide" starts again as Fannin looks at the entryway. 40% of the crowd is standing waiting to see who it will be when.... RYAN BOZ... walks out of the black curtain. Brad Bradley smirks in the ring as Fannin shakes Boz's hand and hands him a t-shirt. Boz opens it up to reveal the "J.F. & Associates" logo. The two shake hands again and Boz finally enters the ring and the bell rings.

- Ryan Boz and Brad Bradley had the most intense eye shiner for eye shiner match yet in MPW. Both men held nothing back as they tried to knock the piss out of each other followed by some scary chair shots and table spots. Bradley seemed to just be completely in a zone as he took a brutal chair shot and kept on his feet which seemed to freak even Boz out. Boz tried putting Bradley through the announcers table but Bradley blocked it and came back with a running powerbomb off the apron through the tables thus starting a "Holy Shit" chant throughout the building. Boz was able to kick out of the move but not too long after met a lariat that kept him down for the three count. Bradley celebrated in the ring while Fannin sneakishly slid a chair into the ring which Boz grabbed. Bradley turned around and received another chair shot, this time busting him wide open. Boz grabbed Bradley's head and used his fingers to tear open the cut more while Bradley screamed in pain.

Overall: F (53) Crowd: F (32) Match: B (86)

- Vito Thomaselli took on Justin Kage in what was a completely dominating performance by Vito. Justin put his heart into the match and proved he was a strong fighter but in the end he just couldn't find enough in him to beat the reigning and defending MPW champion. Vito was able to control the match from the opening and aimed right for Kage's head, softening it for his super kick. Kage was able to black Vito's first super kick and immediately took the opening and used his speed to knock the champion down to get the upperhand. Kage however took too much time to do a leg drop from the top turnbuckle which allowed Vito to get out of the way. From there on, Vito was able to use a cravate into a sleeper hold to work on Kage's head even more. This lead to Vito's next super kick caught which Vito was able to pull off an enziguri followed by a super kick for the W.

Overall: F (50) Crowd: F (34) Match: C+ (78)

- The MPW tag team champions would finally be decided when Josh Daniels and Halo took on XXX-Plicit Content. XXX-Plicit Content were the more experienced team while Daniels and Halo seemed to have the better skills combined which lead to an all out fight to see who would walk out with the titles. Bailey Mannix was the real selling point during the match as he really seemed fired up to walk out as a champion while Danny Scott was more on the coaching side/saving his partner. Halo had one of the best spots of the night when XXX-Plicit Content were on the outside arguing when Daniels got on his hands in knees inside the ring and Halo jumped onto his back over the rope to hit a twisting senton onto Mannix and Scott. Scott was able to fight back and hit a powerbomb to Halo on the outside thus taking him out of action for a majority of the rest of the match. Daniels was able to exchange with Scott until Mannix got involved and the duo hit their XXX-Plicit Factor but luckily Halo was able to break the pin attempt. Daniels, still feeling the effects of the XXX-Plicit Factor, was able to use his fighting spirit to pull of a dragon suplex on Scott... but it wasn't enough to put him away. Daniels the blocked a discus punch and quickly locked in a dragon sleeper which after a little struggling made Scott submit. Halo and Daniels were handed the tag team titles while the crowd gave both teams a standing ovation.

Overall: F (54) Crowd: F (39) Match: B (82)

[Quick Results]

1. J.F. & Associates d. PRO Lions when Kevin Krueger used the Lady Thriller on Sean Nelson.

2. Ryan Boz d. Trik Davis with an Argentine Back Breaker

3. MPW Tag Team Title Semi-finals: XXX-Plicit Content d. Josh Abercrombie/Zero when Danny Scott used a pump handle driver on Josh Abercrombie.

4. MPW Tag Team Title Semi-finals: Josh Daniels and Halo d. Team IWA when Halo used the Halocination on Eric Priest.

5. Brad Bradley d. Ryan Boz with a Lariat.

6. MPW Title: Vito Thomaselli © d. Justin Kage with a superkick. (Third Defense)

7. MPW Tag Team Titles: Josh Daniels and Halo d. XXX-Plicit Content when Josh Daniels used a dragon sleeper on Danny Scott.

Edited by XrMars

-I'm liking the viciousness of Ryan Boz, but him joining JF & Associates isn't something I particularly like. I think that Boz would be better off as a loose cannon on his own...or maybe you have something bigger planned.

-I'd like to see Vito retain his title cleanly over one of your larger names.

-The team of Halo and Danny Daniels is great, presenting us with a team like the old Rock N' Roll Express, in that Halo could play a good Ricky Morton to Daniels' Robert Gibson.

February 2005

- Matt Sydal has finally requested a match against Vito Thomaselli which has been accepted by both sides. Sydal is one of the most respected junior heavyweight wrestlers around and has a chance to prove how good he really is.

- MPW has made an agreement with former WWE superstar Keiji Sakoda. Sakoda is said to be thrilled with competing in the Midwest and plans on proving that he is worth a full time contract with the company. It isn't known if Sakoda will wrestle both or one of the nights but we can guarentee he will be at both shows in some form.

- MPW officials have decided to pullback on the Jimmy Jacobs vs. Delirious match at Make Or Break in an attempt to settle the issues between both. However, they will meet in a tag team match at Facing The Odds where the winner will go into the next night in a MPW Tag Team Title match against Josh Daniels and Halo.

- You can expect more matches to be announced during/after Facing The Odds for Make Or Break. MPW guarentees both shows will be filled with action with the main theme of both being to give more faces a chance to shine.

- Bill Geoff is said to be at the boiling point with what J.F. & Associates have been doing to MPW talent and plans on bringing in an assitant GM who will look over the shows and decide on fines for anyone who disrespects the MPW name, officials, and staff.

Facing The Odds

February 28 @ Geoff-Partice Warehouse

Main Event

MPW Title

Vito Thomaselli © vs. Matt Sydal

Brandon Thomaselli vs. Kevin Krueger

Josh Abercrombie vs. Salvatore Thomaselli

Tag Team Title #1 Contendership

Delirious/Danny Daniels vs. Jimmy Jacobs/DARKNESS Egotistico

XXX-Plicit Content vs. PRO Lions

Including:

- The debut of former WWE superstar Keiji Sakoda.

Make Or Break

March 1 @ Geoff-Partice Warehouse

Main Event

Non-title

Vito Thomaselli vs. Winner of 4CE

Four Corner Elimination

Eric Priest vs. Zero vs. Trik Davis vs. Justin Kage

- Winner faces Vito Thomaselli in a non-title match.

Including:

- MPW Tag Team Champions Josh Daniels and Halo defend their titles against either Delirious/Danny Daniels or Jimmy Jacobs/DARKNESS Egotistico

Edited by XrMars

• 7 months later...

[MPW] "Facing The Oddss", 2/28/06

Geoff-Partice Warehouse

65 Fans

- XXX-Plicit Content faced PRO Lions in a rematch from Respect The Saints. The last match so what has been the best match of the short PRO Lions career and while this match was just a hair less workrate both teams still put on an entertaining match. Ashley Howard and Sean Nelson both put as much fighting spirit into the match as they ever have but still couldn't find a win. The last minute of the match saw Howard hit a german suplex on Danny Scott while Bailey Mannix snuck behind Sean Nelson for a roll-up. Howard posed for the crowd while Mannix was able to get the three count for a XXX-Plicit Content win.

Overall: F (52) Crowd: F (32) Match: C (72)

- Chandler McClure picked up his second singles victory, making the 27-year old 2-0 without Eric Priest, over one of the hottest guys in MPW at the moment, Zero. Zero continued to look impressive with fluid takedowns and even exicuted a perfect legdrop for a two count. Zero looked to have a win in the bag after a nasty brainbuster but McClure fought back, blocked a drop kick, and hit the Red Card for the win.

Overall: F- (50) Crowd: F (27) Match: C (74)

- The number one contendership for the MPW tag team titles was fought in a match which saw two inexperienced teams face off in a grueling test of athleticism. Delirious and Jacobs continued their feud with tons of exchanges while Daniels and Egotistico did most of the in ring action to balance out the action in and out of the ring. Daniels dominated Egotistico most of the time in the ring and Jacobs acted like the clean up man who returned the favor to Daniels. Delirious was tagged in and held his own against Jacobs while Daniels and Egotistico waited to be tagged back in. Once both men were tagged back in Delirious and Jacobs took their hatred for each other to the outside and eventually into the crowd while Egotistico seemed be finally proving himself in the ring until Daniels caught him off guard and hit a Rubix Cube for the win. After the match, Jacobs jumped into the ring to attack Daniels but was caught with a kick to the groin and Delirious finally was able to get a bit of retribution for what happened at Testing The Midwest with a Shadows Over Hell to end the segment.

Overall:D (62) Crowd:F (41) Match:B (83)

- Jim Fannin came to the ring followed by Vito, Sal, and Kevin Krueger. Over half of the fans were screaming their heads off at J.F. & Associates while the rest sat still, looking as if they weren't sure what really is going on. Fannin grabbed the mic from Jean and cut a promo claiming that this weekend was not only big for MPW, but that something big was going to happen real soon and when it does, MPW will never be the same. Vito got on the mic and said that he really didn't want to face off against 'Mr. Flippy', but he is the longest reigning MPW champion and would defend the belt as need be. Krueger and Sal sat in the background and didn't speak a word. After taunting the crowd for a little, the ring cleared and the fans were treated to an intermission.

- Salvatore found Josh Abercrombie to be a bigger challenge than he had seemed to be and had a tough time keeping up with the former IWA-Mid South Light Heavyweight champion. Sal continued the cockiness of JF & Associates while Abercrombie really started to get attention from the MPW crowd, which helped out the two immensely. Abercrombie started things off with a dropkick to the knee and followed it up by a drop kick to the head which sent Salvatore to the outside. Abercrombie faked a top rope dive and instead hit a baseball slide that sent Salvatore into the fans. Sal and Abercrombie got back into the ring and the two kept a even battle. Salvatore would finally get the advantage after Abercrombie missed a missile dropkick and would resort to a low blow followed by a roll up, using the ropes as leverage, to gain the win.

Overall:F (55) Crowd:F (31) Match:C+ (79)

- Brandon continued his quest for revenge against J.F. & Associates as he took on the "The Lady Thriller" Kevin Krueger. Brandon clearly was the better wrestler and had an easy day in the ring as Krueger could barely pull off any offense and just took a beating. Unlike the previous match, the two just never really clicked and the match seemed rushed only minutes in as Brandon ducked a clothesline and hit a Sicilian Plex for a quick three count.

Overall:F (48) Crowd:F (28) Match:D+ (68)

- As the fans settled down out walked a man dressed in black dress pants and a black leather jacket, with white tennis shoes. He quickly grabbed the mic and announced himself as Josh Costilli, the new director of authority in MPW and the man who would finally bring some order to the company. Costilli quickly went on to introduce Keiji Sakoda to the crowd, which got a mild reaction. Costilli announced that Sakoda was the first step in the reconstruction of MPW as the MPW officials are wanting to set up a true heavyweight and junior heavyweight division, which means the company will be bringing in more heavyweights in the very near future. Sakoda was briefly on the mic which consisted of him applauding MPW for being a federation that was willing to take risks and only wanted the best wrestlers in the world and nothing else. Both men quickly left the ring.

- Matt Sydal and Vito Thomaselli put everything on the line in a match that proved both men are beyond capable of having a very good match that doesn't need insane spots. Vito started the match by stalling every Sydal attempt for a test of strength and after finally agreeing, stomped on Sydal's right foot and took him down with a side headlock. Vito quickly went from a headlock to an ankle lock and Sydal countered the move by putting his left leg over his right and using it to pull Vito right into a side headlock and in a perfect return, took Vito down with a side headlock.The crowd went into a frenzy as Sydal went on a spree of counters into quick rollups for nearfalls, until Vito put a stop to it by blocking and coming back with a double stomp to Sydal's back. The match turned into Sydal using all of his might just to keep in the match while Vito toyed around with Sydal by slapping him and doing foot on the chest pins. Sydal made the heroic comeback and caught Vito with a headscissors takedown and ascended the top rope. Sydal motioned for the 450 Splash but Vito was able to move out of the way and Sydal landed on his back. Vito picked Sydal up and hit a backbreaker but was only able to get a two count which Vito kept ontop of Sydal and hit a Sicillian Driver which finally put Sydal down for good.

Overall:D (66) Crowd:F (44) Match:B+ (89)

[Quick Results]

1. XXX-Plicit d. PRO Lions when Bailey Mannix used a rollup on Sean Nelson.

2. Chandler McClure d. Zero with the Red Card.

3. MPW Tag Team Title #1 Contendership: Danny Daniels and Delirious d. Jimmy Jacobs/DARKNESS Egotistico when Danny Daniels used the Rubix Cube on Egotistico.

4. Salvatore Thomaselli d. Josh Abercrombie with a rollup.

5. Brandon Thomaselli d. Kevin Krueger with a Sicillian Plex.

6. MPW Title: Vito Thomaselli © d. Matt Sydal with a Sicillian Driver. (Fourth Defense)

Edited by XrMars

I woke up early in the morning, not to my alarm clock or the chirping of the birbs. No, I woke up to my cellphone ringing at full volume, the caller happened to be the boss. It ended up being a call for an emergency meeting today about the future of Midwest Pro Wrestling.

A quick ride downtown took me to the office, snugged above and between a coffee shop and a locally owned bookstore. As soon as I entered the offices I saw Bill and Jean sitting around what always was the coffee table, and now seemed to be the meeting table. No one else was in sight, not any wrestlers or any of the college kids who worked the phones or any other seemingly monotonous task.

-=-

Bill: I know this is something we've never done. But today it's time we get very serious about what is going on in MPW. This isn't some bullshit meeting where we're going to keep kayfabe and put it on a DVD, no. This is to figure out where we are and where we are going to go.

To start off, we're going to be introducing a couple new teams here to the mix which will be a little more sports entertainment but they aren't going to be wild turkeys, Canadian Scottishmen, or even a Samoan warrior with a Cuban manager. The first team will be called The Scene, a tag team who are "emo music" fans that I really think the crowd will hate. Now, with an emo tag team they need nemesis. The icon of the typical MPW fan, they need two metal heads. Fat, angry, and ass kicking guys who are tired of the bullshit and speak for a wider demographic of indy fans.

Jean: So we're going the sports entertainment route?

Bill: No. These guys will have characters, but our biggest selling point will be the in-ring product. And actually, this brings me to the final topic I have. We have quite a few guys on the roster who just aren't getting the job done in the ring. I'm speaking of guys like Kevin Kreuger, guys who have pretty much done nothing to add to our product and just seem to be taking up a roster spot while other local guys are just waiting for a chance to stay in.

I think we really need to start enforcing some sort of a code that tells guys that if they aren't producing good matches that they will be cut. And we also need to set up a ranking system for title contenders. With that, all I need to know how Make Or Break is coming along and if you've learned of the DVDs being produced.

Jean: I talked to them last week and they said the first press of the first three shows were being packaged and would be shipped to us within a week, which means they should be here by today. Austin and I also have the complete card worked out and it should be a fun show tonight, including our few suprised here and there.

-=-

If you haven't figured it out, Austin is me. Some might call my role a silent writer. I help out writing some of the storylines and I've even helped scout guys. Do I make a ton of money? I don't make anything. I'm just a college student who is working for a promotion in an attempt to get a foot into a business I've loved for over 10 years. And to know, I've almost been doing it for a whole year already.

Main Event

Non-title

Vito Thomaselli vs. Winner of Four Corner Elimination

MPW Tag Team Title

Josh Daniels and Halo © vs. Danny Daniels/Delirious

Keiji Sakoda vs. Ashley Howard

Four Corner Elimination

Eric Priest vs. Zero vs. Trik Davis vs. Justin Kage

I love this diary, and also I want Daniels & Delerious to win the Titles! This is a great diary and shows wrestling through a Indy Wrestling, though not ROH or CZW this is more like a smaller fed that still has great wrestlers.

Either way, you have a reader in me. ;)

[MPW] "Make Or Break", 3/01/06

Geoff-Partice Warehouse

61 Fans

The show opened up the four corner elimination which the winner would face Vito Thomaselli later on in the show in a Non-title match. All four men put in an honorable effort but the match suffered from focusing on too many guys and the fans just generally not caring for anyone besides Zero. Justin Kage was the first to go when Eric Priest powerbombed Trik Davis ontop of him. Priest tried to do the same to Zero but Zero moved and hit a dropkick to the head that sent Priest into the ropes, and bounced back into an Absolute Zero for the three count. Not too longer after pinning Priest, Zero locked Trik in a camel clutch which ended the match.

Overall: F (44) Crowd: F- (25) Match: D (63)

The in-ring debut of Keiji Sakoda was postponed for a short few minutes. After Ashley Howard entered the ring Randy Ortiz and Sean Nelson came from the back and both got in the ring. Nelson stood behind Ortiz, who grabbed a mic.

Ortiz: Ashley, when are you going to do something in MPW? We've been here for 10 months and you haven't picked up a win, haven't improved, and you haven't even shown the determination to go beyond a PURE lion. I'm, not... we're tired of just waiting for you to take off. You were the one who was touted as being the most accomplished out of the three of us, where is that talent? Does it belong back in the amatuer scene or is there even really talent in you anymore?

So here's the deal. You're on your own. Sean and I will continue the PRO Lion tag team while you try to find out why you're here. No longer will you keep Sean down and now every loss you recieve will be because of you, and you alone.

Ortiz and Nelson left the ring as Keiji Sakoda finally made his way from the back. Howard and Sakoda kept the match simple as Keiji focused on striking while Ashley showed his amatuer background with various takedowns and suplexs. Ashley went for a German suplex but Keiji blocked the move and hit some hard back elbows which he followed up with a short arm lariat which stunned Ashley and followed it up with a Rolling Elbow, but Ashley would not stay down which shocked Sakoda to his core. Ashley got up and the two got into a forearm battle which with Ashley already recieving a hard blow with the rolling elbow wasn't much of a battle as Keiji easily put him back down with another rolling elbow, this time though Ashley was put down for good.

Overall: F ( 44) Crowd: F (22) Match: D (66)

Josh Daniels and Halo continued their streak of having one of the top matches on each individual card when they faced off against Danny Daniels and Delirious. Both teams showed alot of respect for each other and kept the match as clean as could be. Halo and Danny started the match with Danny showing his dominance over Halo who still had slashes of brilliance until Danny tagged out to Delirious which started an epic battle of two of the best Midwest junior heavyweights around. Daniels and Halo traded armdrags and dropkicks until both were worn out and then tagged in their partners. The match broke down when Halo hit a missile dropkick from behind on Danny Daniels while Delirious knocked Josh down with a springboard forearm. As Delirious and Halo got ready for another showdown the match was halted when Jimmy Jacobs and DARKNESS Egotistico jumped into the ring and attacked. Egotistico beat down Halo while Jacobs continued his feud with Delirious, and eventually hit another Contra Code.

Overall: D (63) Crowd: F (42) Match: B (85)

[DVD Extra]

The camera's quickly cut to a conference room where Josh Costilli is standing behind a podium with a huge MPW backdrop behind him. Costilli shuffles around some papers.

Costilli: I know many MPW fans have been asking about Brad Bradley, who after being brutally attacked by J.F. & Associates has been at home due to doctors orders, and we have finally recieved word that Brad will be returning to MPW shortly. We expect Brad to be back in about September or October and you can expect him to face off against either of the Thomaselli's or Ryan Boz.

But, the main reasoning for this conference is to announce that MPW are in the beginning stages which will build up to the first ever singles heavyweight tournament using Midwest talent. This tournament will be a round robin tournament consisting of 12-16 guys split between two blocks, nearly identical to New Japan's G-1.

After going through three other men, Zero finally got his chance at facing the MPW champion in a non-title match. Zero looked very good against the MPW champion and both men put on a match that surprised many fans and even seemed to help the popularity of Zero. Vito struggled early on against Zero, who outsmarted Vito in a strength test and quickly applied a crossface hold which had the fans cheering on Vito to tap out. Both men eventually got back to their feet and Vito started working on Zero's legs with kicks followed by a single leg Boston crab. Eventually, Zero would go for springboard dropkick but missed due to his leg buckling and Vito saw the opportunity to finish the match with a STF.

Overall: F (57) Crowd: F (37) Match: C (77)

The main event ended up being a wild one which saw dangerous moves followed by a turn of epic proportions. Brandon and Josh relied on hitting risky spots to wear and tear Sal and Kevin, while the former kept on the ground relying on technical wrestling mixed with a few top rope dives. Josh dominated Sal with his quickness while Brandon seemed to have an easy time with Kevin, who recently has recieved alot of slack for his lack of in-ring presence. Brandon had Kevin beat when all of the sudden he turned on Josh and hit a Sicillian Plex, which Sal quickly covered Josh for the win. Salvatore was stunned but quickly recovered and helped take Josh to the outside and layed him ontop of a ringside table. Brandon stood on the apron and with ease jumped into the air and nailed a double stomp that broke the table and sent Josh into the ground with tremendous force. Afterwards, Sal, Kevin, and Brandon stood around Josh as the camera's cut to the credits.

Overall: F (54) Crowd: F (39) Match: C- (70)

[Quick Results]

1. Four Corner Elimination Zero d. Trik Davis/Eric Priest/Justin Kage.

2. Keiji Sakoda d. Ashley Howard with a rolling elbow.

3. MPW Tag Team Title: Josh Daniels and Halo drew Danny Daniels and Delirious via No Contest.

4. Non-title: Vito Thomaselli d. Zero with a STF.

5. Salvatore Thomaselli and Kevin Krueger d. Josh Abercrombie and Brandon Thomaselli via pinfall.

April 2006

- Vito Thomaselli and Jim Fannin recently have been discrediting Keiji Sakoda and now we will see Keiji take on Vito in a non-title match. Unknown to some, Vito has been undefeated in MPW and this match could easily prove him to be the top guy in MPW, or Keiji could end up becoming the first man in MPW history to put down Jim Fannin's top prospect and quickly catapult in the MPW rankings.

- Do Or Die Trying doesn't end there though, we will see the newly refounded Iron Saints (Brandon and Salvatore Thomaselli) take on Josh Abercrombie and his recent tag team partner Zero in the first ever Tables Match in MPW. After being put through a table at Make Or Break, Josh quickly begged for the stipulation and now he will get the chance to revenge his former tag team partner.

- Speaking of tag teams, Delirious and Danny Daniels will not be at Do Or Die Trying, but thier adversaries will be in action against the current tag team champions Josh Daniels and Halo. Halo and Daniels requested the match to be for the tag team titles and the wish has been granted, will this be the first defense of the titles or will Danny and Delirious find a way into MPW to avenge the no contest from last month?

- The tentative card for Reving The Midwest: Season 2 has been posted.

MPW Title

*- Vito has beaten Danny once in the two singles encounters, as the second was a draw due to double countout. Now, Vito has a chance to finally beat Danny and end this feud while Danny has the chance to not only tie things back up, but he could also be the next MPW champion.

Delirious vs. Jimmy Jacobs

*- For just a few short months of feuding, both guys have been waiting for the opportunity to face off in a one-on-one matchup. Delirious has seen Jacobs humiliate him numerous times and now he could find sweet revenge, or fall once again to the clever Jacobs. All we know is, this could easily become a historical match with many repercussions.

6-Man Tag

Josh Abercrombie/Zero/X vs. The Iron Saints/Ryan Boz

*- MPW can't celebrate the first year without putting fan favorites versus the biggest heels in the company. Abercrombie and Zero will get in the ring yet again with The Iron Saints, who this time have Ryan Boz at their side, while the third member for the face side isn't even being revealed. Could this man be the returning Brad Bradley? Or could he be someone looking to make a huge splash in MPW by helping finally put down the most hated group of men in all of the midwest?

XXX-Plicit Content vs. All About Us

*- MPW regulars vs. a young up and coming tag team. Need we say more?

PRO Lion Cup

Ashley Howard vs. Randy Ortiz

Sean Nelson vs. Ashley Howard

Randy Ortiz vs. Sean Nelson

*- MPW's first mini-tournament is exclusive to the young men known as the PURE Lions. This could make a star out of any one of the three. Ashley Howard is looking to finally grab a string of wins to win the cup, while Randy Ortiz isn't too far behind. But, what if this tournament will be all about Sean Nelson?

Do Or Die Trying

April 11 @ Geoff-Partice Warehouse

Main Event

Keiji Sakoda vs. Vito Thomaselli

Tables Match

The Iron Saints vs. Josh Abercrombie/Zero

MPW Tag Team Titles

Josh Daniels and Halo © vs. Jimmy Jacobs/DARKNESS Egotistico

PRO Lions II vs. Team IWA

Matt Sydal vs. Trik Davis

"Reviving The Midwest: Season 2"

May 23 @ Geoff-Partice Warehouse

MPW Title

Delirious vs. Jimmy Jacobs

6-Man Tag

Josh Abercrombie/Zero/X vs. The Iron Saints/Ryan Boz

XXX-Plicit Content vs. All About Us

PRO Lion Cup

Ashley Howard vs. Randy Ortiz

Sean Nelson vs. Ashley Howard

Randy Ortiz vs. Sean Nelson

Also featuring: Keiji Sakoda, Trik Davis, Justin Kage, and MORE!

• 11 months later...