2005: A War for the Ages (WCW)

user posted image

So, I've decided to start a diary. I've read enough of them, so I think I know how to write a pretty good one. My goal is to get at least 2 Shows a week up, with at least 2 "business" segments up (things that go on behind the scenes). I get pretty busy at times, so some weeks might see 3 and 4 updates, where others will only see 1. But none the less,I do not plan on abandoning this diary anytime soon.

I'm using a custom Scenario that uses Rave X34. You can get the scenario here:

/forum/index.php?showtopic=22348">http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....showtopic=22348

Back Story

It's 2005, and NWA TNA has hit Global. They've got their show on WGN up and running now, syphoning fans from Raw's first hour. Worst of all, they've started to make money, $15,000,000 in the bank to be exact. But Vince has a plan. If TNA want's competition, they'lle get competition.

With that, Vince holds secret meetings, behind closed doors with both Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman. Through a week of talks, it was settled. Vince would go head to head with TNA, but in a shakeup that has the wrestling world left in amazement. No one knew the logistics of the deals he made with Heyman and Bischoff, but one thing was for sure, this wasn't just a brand extension. Vince has recreated what he killed, and this time, he's given full control to the original people in charge! With that, He's given each fed their top 12 former stars, their original titles, and $8-10 million a piece!

WWE's Future

With half their original bankroll and 24 less wrestlers, how will Vince's own creation, the WWE, respond to what has happened? Has Vince finally lost it? Can WWE Repeat history and destroy what they've already defeated? How will Raw respond to the loss of the Heavy Title to WCW? How will Smackdown respond to the loss of the U.S. title? With Raw in it's new timeslot, 10-12, can it still draw fans the same way it did?

WCW's Future

With $10,000,000 and their two titles defunct, how will Eric Bischoff run WCW? Can he avoid the mistakes he made in the past that left WCW buried for dead? With Jericho, beniot, eddie guerrero, chavo guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Booker T, Billy Kidman, Torrie Wilson, Stacey Keibler

, The Hurricane, Mark Jindrak and Coach, talent doesn't seem to be an issue. With the 8-10 primetime slot on UPN, Can WCW take down NWA TNA and ECW?

ECW's Future

With $8,000,00 and NO championships, How will Paul Heyman recreate ECW? Is hardcore a thing of the past, or the wave of the future? With RVD, Rhyno, The Dudley Boyz and Tajiri,Simon Dean (nova), Dawn Marie, Lita, Taz, Nunzio, steven richards and Johnny Swinger will past stars of ECW rejoin with Paul? Better yet, ECW is back on Spike TV in a 3 way battle monday nights with WCW and NWA TNA.

NWA TNA's Future

With $15,000,000 and a primetime show on WGN, can NWA TNA climb to the top and take down the recreations of wrestling past? Or will Vince kill NWA TNA before they enter a war with WWE?

This is WCW's Story.

Edited by Disengager

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Federation Information

Sponsors

Main: Playstation 2

Minor: Sports Illustrated, Nintendo, Viacom Inc.

Money: $9,250,000

Risk Level: Production Value: 85%

Merchandising: 50%

Advertising: 85%

Training Camp: Good Facilities, but inactive at present

Staff: (WCW Received these guys from WWE due to past relationships with the company)

Arn Anderson (road agent)

Charles Robinson (referee)

Dave Finlay (road agent)

Dean Malenko (Road Agent)

Gene Okerland (Announcer)

Titles:

WCW HEAVWEIGHT  - VACANT - 90 IMAGE

WCW United States  - VACANT - 75 IMAGE

Television:

Monday Night Nitro , Primetime only on UPN.

Events: (All Events are PPV and are the last Sunday of the Month)

Jan - Souled Out

Feb - Super Brawl

Mar - Uncensored

Apir - Spring Stampede

May - Slamboree

June - The Great American Bash

July - Bash at the Beach

Aug - Road Wild

Sept - Fall Brawl

Oct - Halloween Havoc

Nov - War Games

Dec - Starcade

Roster ( Red= Heel , Blue = Face)

Main Event

Chris Jericho

Chris Beniot

Eddie Guerrero

Upper Mid-Card

Booker T

Rey Mysterio

Mid Card

Billy Kidman

Chavo Guerrero

Mark Jindrak (tweener)

The Hurricane

Managers

Stacey Keibler

Torrie Wilson

Non Wrestlers

Jonathan Coachman

Eric Bischoff (tweener)

Gene Okerland: "Ladies and Gentleman, Mr. Eric Bischoff"

Eric Bischoff's theme music hits as he appears from behind a curtain. A much different look too, as he now has dark hair and is wearing a leather jacket, reminecent of the old days. Eric makes his way in front of the table, adjusts a couple microphones that are in his way, and has a seat.

Eric: "First off, I'd like to thank you all you for coming. I knew that Atlanta would be the perfect location for this press conference. Granted, Ted Turner may have run once ran WCW into the ground in Georgia, but I truly believe this is where our hardcore fans lie. You can talk about WWE and Madison Square Garden and that other garbage fed that Paul Heyman Runs in Philly, and they'll claim they have the most dedicated fans, but I'd Disagree. I think that Atlanta stuck with us through thick and thin and is one of the most underrated Wrestling Hot spots in North America. With that, I'd like to announce that next Monday, our first ever episode of Nitro on UPN will come to you live from right here!

The Crowd Roars in Approval, giving Bischoff a standing ovation.

Eric: "Secondly, I'd like to thank Vince Mcmahon, although I must question his motives. Vince has given me the opportunity to do something I've been wanting for a long time. As sole owner of WCW, it's almost as if I can go back in time really. I promise you that as Owner of WCW, I will not make the same mistakes that left this company for dead a few years ago.

We'll be innovative, we'll be spectacular, and most importantly of all, we'll come out on top this time. Rest assured, I have gone out of my way to hire the best staff and the absolute top wrestlers from around the world. I'm also happy to report we've gone all out with our new advertising campaign, including the rebirth of WCW Magazine, as well as our new commercials which will debut this weekend all across televsion. I'm also pleased to report that we've opened up our Power Plant wrestler development school, with Paul Orndorf as lead trainer.

Being passed around is a list of the 35 or so wrestlers WCW have signed to written deals. If I may, just let me throw out some of these names for you. We've got former WCW Champion Scott steiner on board. (Crowd Boos) We've got recently fired WWE Star MATT HARDY. (huge crowd approval). Ernest Miller, Alex Wright, Sean O' Haire, we've got all the guys that WCW developed to be the future of wrestling. In addition, we've got some of the best crusierweights in the world. I guarantee our cruiserweight division will sore just like the stars involved.

Speaking of stars. I have a major announcement to make. Can Chris Beniot please come to the stage?

Beniot's Entrance Music Hits and the rabid wolverine hits the stage. Eric offers his hand, but Beniot doesn't return the favor, instead raising his hands in the air to much crowd approval.

Eric: "Now, can I have Chris Jericho come to the stage area please?"

BREAK THE WALLS DOWWN hits the PA system and Chris Jericho makes his way onto the stage in rock star fashion. He shakes hands with Eric before having a seat opposite of Beniot.

Eric: "What your looking at is the two number one contenders for the WCW Heavy title on Nitro! So this Monday, Live in Atlanta Georgia, in the main event, we'll see Y2J Chris Jericho Battle the Wolverine Chris Beniot, in a LADDER match for the #1 contendership. The winner of this match will face a MYSTERY opponent for the WORLD Heavyweight championship on the next Nitro, live from Miami, Florida! Gentlemen, shake hands please.

With that, Jericho and Beniot stand up as Eric Bischoff moves out of the way.The two wrestlers stare directly at each other, before Beniot extends his hand. Jericho Looks down, then shakes his hand. But wait..Beniot pulls jericho towards him and starts jawing with him on stage!! As Beniot turns around, Jericho returns the favor, jawing right back. their foreheads colide as the jawing intensifies.

But before this war of words escalates to a brawl, security breaks the two up, and they they both slowly leave the stage.

Eric: "And that, ladies and Gentlemen, is the intensity that ONLY  WCW can Bring you. Forget about that Garbage in Philly, forget about the backstage politics at WWE, Forget about old has-beens and shows taped in studios. WCW is back, and in a big way! Tune in to Nitro for what will surely be the biggest re-debut in wrestling HISTORY!

With that, the crowd roars and in unision, begans chanting "W C W, W C W, W C W." Eric basks in the glory, knowing full well what the future has to offer.

Edited by Disengager

MONDAY NIGHT NITRO

Monday, July 4, 2005

8 'o Clock has rolled around and here we go. On WGN, NWA TNA's IMPACT! can be fouNd. On Spike TV, ECW's Hardcore TV is making it's debut. However, we're tuned into UPN to see the re-debut of MONDAY NIGHT NITRO, Live from Hotlanta, Georgia.

And with that, Nitro's opening video begans. "Trust" by Megadeth greets our ears as a montage of  highlights from both from old wcw and wwe is shown. As the entrance video ends, we are treated to a brand new completely redesigned set. Much like WWE's, WCW's tron is a huge rectangle, with steel sides. The stage area is all metal, with a ramp much like WWE's. However, on each side of the of the stage, there are very small walkways that are connected to circular metal areas. The ring is brand new, complete with NITRO and WCW Logos on the skirts. The ropes are classic red and the rings dimensions are slightly larger then WWE's. The announce tables is on the opposite side of the stage. The spanish announce table is on one of the circular areas on the the stage. I guess they had enough of constantly being the victim of a broken announce desk!

An amazing fourth of July fireworks display goes off at the top of the stage.

David Meltzer: "Hello everyone I'm David Meltzer and along side me is "The Coach" Jonathan Coachman coming to you LIVE from Atlanta Georgia. What a show we..

And with that, Eric Bischoff's entrance music hits and the owner comes out with all smiles, holding a briecase.

Coach: "Stand up and shut up and show some respect to the Boss Meltzer."

Bischoff makes his way to the ring and takes control of the Microphone.

Bischoff: "Let me just say. It's DAMN good to be back. We're gonna win this war if it kills me. You know, when I was Co-GM on Raw, I had enough. If I had to run that talentless cesspool they call sports entertainment for one more month, I would have gone crazy. Although I respect him, I questioned Vince's decisions every week. His actions made me look like an idiot. Giving Triple H what he wanted week in and week out no matter how much the fans booed. In a way, I almost wish Nitro ran Head to head with Raw, so He could see exactly how much people are sick of the product he offers. But that's the Mcmahon way huh? If it works, don't change it. Well here at Nitro, we're all about innovation and progress. We're here to change the wrestling scene, offer Indy workers a chance to shine in front of a large television audience. It's not the same 10 guys on TV over and over week in and week out.

But that's not why I'm out here. The contents of this briefcase are much more important. And I'm going to give it to someone who stuck with this company before WWE bought us out. Scott Steiner, Come on down."

Scott Steiner's theme hits and he comes out, decked out in his chainlike headgear, wrestling tights and no shirt to a Chorus of boo's. He does his signature pose at the top of the ramp before entering the ring.

Bischoff: "Scott Steiner. You look great man. And as a welcoming gift to Nitro, I'd like to offer you the contents of this briefcase."

Bischoff hands Steiner the briefcase, who promptly opens it and grins. Out of the briefcase comes a belt, but not just any belt. It's the WCW US Title!

Bischoff: "I'd like to introduce to you, your new WCW United States Champion, SCOTT STEINER!"

Steiner straps the belt around his waste and takes the Microphone from Bischoff. But before he can say anything..

"CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKKKKKKAAA"

Meltzer: "IT'S BOOKER T!"

Coach: "What's he doing out here?'

Booker: "Cut the music. Bischoff, I don't know if you remember correctly, but when WWE bought this company, I WAS WCW US CHAMPION. Hell, I was WCW WORLD CHAMPION, but you've gone ahead and made your match for that already. So if your going to play favorites, that's fine, suckaa. But if he's your champ, Then I want to be the first to win my belt back. Now can you dig that?"

Steiner: "Oh I can dig it. You want a shot, you got a shot. But not tonight. Sunday, July 31st, at WCW's first pay per view, Bash at the Beach.

Booker: "Bash at the Beach huh? Yeah, I can dig that. Booker T vs Scott Steiner for the United States title at Bash at the Beach. Your on."

and with that, we fade into commercial break, leaving Steiner and Bischoff in the ring.

QUALITY: 88%

Blackout (Ruckus and Sabian) vs Youthanazia (Josh Prohibition and M-Dogg20)

Both teams are out for the win as each are making their respective Debuts. Ruckus with an Arm Drag on M-Dogg but misses a standing moonsault. M-Dogg trys one of his own but misses as well. A series of counters by each as neither gets the upper

hand. Mdogg hits a spinebuster but only gets a 2 count. Tag to Josh, who misses a springboard drop kick on Ruckus. Tag to Sabian, who irish whips Joshonly to be irish whipped himself. DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE. Both stars are down. Each tag their partners. Ruckus and Mdogg come charging , Rukus ducks the attack, goes behind, Pinning German Suplex, 2 count. Mdogg is woozy after that one. Josh enters the ring illegally, only to get a back body drop by Ruckus. M-Dogg with the cheapshot as

the ref is trying to get Josh out of the ring. Sabian goes up top, cross body on M-DOgg. Sabian bounces off the ropes, Up and over plancha onto Josh Prohibition on the outside. Ruckus is setting him up, Sitout POWERBOMB! 1-2-3. This one's over as

Blackout celebrates.

Winners: Ruckus and Sabian

MATCH: 84%

CROWD: 43%

OVERALL: 63%

-- COMMERICIAL BREAK --

Back in the Ring, Ernest Miller is in the ring, which has been decked out with chairs, a monitor and leppard skin rug.

The Cat: "Welcome to The Cat's Cradle. I'd like to welcome my guest..."

BREAK THE WALLS DOWNNN

Chris Jericho's Pyro hits and out comes the Highlight of the night himself.

Chris Jericho: "The Cat's cradle? Are you Kidding me? Bischoff wouldn't let me host the Highlight reel on Nitro, but he gives you the Cat's Cradle? You wannabe Jerichoholic. You aren't the rockstar, you weren't the first undisputed heavyweight champion, you're not main eventing the first Nitro. Who the Hell do you think you are, Junior?"

The Cat: "I'm following orders from Mr. Bischoff Sir. I'm just doing my Job."

The Cat is obviously Nervous and distraught

CJ: "And So am I."

With that Jericho takes cat down, and although Cat puts up a struggle, Jericho Locks in the Walls. Cat immediately taps as

Y2J is unrelenting. Refs and road agents come running down to pry jericho off of cat. Jericho Stands on the bottom rope "I'M

THE KING OF THE WORLD BABY" as we go backstage.

QUALITY: 83

Ernest Miller gained overness from this segment.

Gene Okerland: "Matt Hardy, you requested.."

Matt Hardy: "You're damn right I requested this time. Kidman, I don't know who hell you think you are, but the commentary on your website about my recent relationship hardships was completely unnecessary. Here you are, a guy who couldn't even handle Torrie Wilson, and you're telling me that Lita was too good for me. I'll show you what the Angelic Diablo is all about.

QUALITY: 82

-- Commercial --

Sean O' Haire vs Steve Blackman

Both superstars are returning to television after being released from WWE. Blackman with a chop, which is followed by an O'Haire chop of his own. We have a chop war on our hands as the competitors exchange blows. Blackman goes for a roundhouse kick, blocked by O' Haire, as he hits an enziguri. O' Haire off the ropes, blackman jumps over him, then ducks under him, but feels the wrath of an O' Hair flip clothesline. Bulldog by O' Haire as he clearly has control of this matchup. O haire grabs the legs, but he's pushed into the ropes. Blackman with a rollup, only a 2 count as O'Haire is quick to his feet, but so is Blackman. Collar and Elbow tie up, O'hair easily wins it and attempts a gut wrench suplex. Blackman blocks, goes behind Back Suplex. What's this, Blackman is going up top, we haven't seen this before. Blackman misses with a leg drop, which allows O' Haire to hit an overhead Belly to Belly. O' Haire climbs up top, Seanton Bomb, but blackman rolles out of the way. O' Haire rolls to the outside and grabs a chair. Here comes Mark Jindrak! The ref is tied up with O' Haire as Jindrak hits a DDT on Blackman. O Haire uptop again, SEANTON BOMB. It's over. 1-2-3 . Jindrak gets in the ring and looks at O'Haire before they hug

each other. They've been reunited!

Winner: Sean O' Haire

MATCH: 73

CROWD: 62

OVERALL: 67

-- Commercial --

WHO BETTA DEN KANYON? hits as Kanyon comes out to a mixed reaction.

Kanyon: "You know, there's something that's been bothering me lately. When I signed with this company, I was told I would be the color commentator for Nitro. However, that changed when that little weasel Coach used his magic powers (Kanyon makes a blowjob motion) on Eric Bischoff. I.."

The camera pans to coach, who is standing behind the announce desk.

Coach: "Oh shut up Kanyon. Nobody cares about you. You're a joke, you've always been a joke. And now you want my job? I got this job because I'm loyal to Mr. Bischoff. Something that you'd know nothing about"

Kanyon: "Loyalty eh? What do you know about Loyalty? You kiss anyone's ass who's bigger then you."

Coach: "Thats not true."

Kanyon: "Prove it."

With that, Kanyon leaves the ring and confronts Coach, who's obviously scared. Kanyon Raises his fist.

Coach: "Ok ok, fine fine. DON'T!!! 3 Announcers it is then."

Kanyon has a seat and puts on the a headpiece.

Kanyon: "Now that that's settled, let's enjoy this match.

Coach: *sighs* (in a dull voice) "Yeah, this one should be good"

QUALITY: 64

MATT HARDY VS Billy Kidman

The competitors exchange blows before Matt Hardy Hits a stiff standing clothesline. Matt Hardy with a Missle Dropkick,

Kidman's really out of it after that clothesline.

Kanyon: "that Looked about as stiff as one of those shots you gave JR Coach."

Coach: "Oh shut up."

Matt Hardy whips Kidman into the ropes, back body drop. Hardy Hits a leg drop, followed by another. Kidman is completely out of it. Matt Hardy Lifts Kidman up. Twist of Fate. Matt goes for the pin, but pulls him up after a two count. Another twist of FATE! Matt hardy exits the ring and grabs a chair. The ref yells at him. Matt gets in the ring, and right as Billy Kidman gets up, He's put right back down with a chairshot. RING THE BELL, it's over, as Kidman wins by DQ. But Hardy's not done. Hardy takes the chair up top with him.

Meltzer: "NO NO NO"

Kanyon: "YES YES YES!!!"

Matt hardy off the top rope with a leg drop with the chair under his legs. He connects right on Kidman's face. Matt hardy has gone crazy!! He leaves the ring as EMT's rush to Kidman's aid as a commercial comes on.

MATCH: 82%

CROWD: 68%

OVERALL: 75%

Billy Kidman Gained Overness from this segment

Eddie Guerrero is shown on the tron.

Eddie: "It's time to spice up Nitro with a little Latino Heaaaaaat. Who wants to see Eddie Guerrero in that ring tonight? "

The crowd roars in approval.

Eddie: "Well that's too bad because Eric Bischoff didn't book me tonight! This is fair warning holmes, If you ever leave me off another show again, there will be hell to pay. I'm Latino heat, the best wrestler on this roster. I WILL NOT be treated like this Holmes."

And with that, Eddie storms off screen.

QUALITY: 84%

in the ring, the contestents are ready for their match.

Second City Saints (Colt Cabana and CM Punk vs Ultimo Drago/Amazing Red) -- TORNADO TAG MATCH

Cabana and Punk with tandem Irish Whips and clotheslines, which are ducked, Dragon and Red with tandem drop kicks to the back that send the two into the ropes, tandem powerslams on Punk and Cabana. Dragon whips Red into the ropes then elivates him high in the air.. DROPKICK on punk. Dragon with a Clothlesine over the ropes to cabana. Dragon Climbs up. Moonsault onto a standing cabana. As they get to their feet, here comes Red. bounces off the ropes, jumps onto the top rope, great balance by the youngster, splash onto the two. As the three get back to their feet, here comes CM, grabs the rope, up and over, lands backwards onto the apron, SPRINGBOARD MOONSAULT.

All 4 contestants are down on the outside. Red and Punk get to their feet and fight up the ramp and through the curtains! Meanwhile, Dragon and Cabana are exchanging blows on the outside. Dragon whips cabana into the stairs. The Ref counts to 10 before dragon can get back in the ring. We have a double countout. What a match!

MATCH:  84%

CROWD:  63%

OVERALL: 73%

Chris Beniot is shown walking to the ring. Here comes the main event!

OVERALL: 69

Chris Benoit lost overness from this segment.

~ Commercial~

Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho #1 contendership Ladder Match

Benoit's music hits as the Rabid Wolverine hits the stage, looking as intense as ever. He takes a look at the ladder that's been placed outside already set up before entering the ring. He looks up, the briefcase that contains the number 1 contendership contract hangs above. Jericho's entrance music hits as the Ayatollah makes his second appearance of the night.

After doing his poses, Jericho enters the ring. The bell sounds, here we go!

The two canadians circle each other before tying up, neither gets an advantage. Jericho goes for the punch, blocked, CHOP by Benoit. Jericho is pain following that hard chop. Benoit whips jericho into the corner. Another Chop, followed by 3 more.

Jericho's chest is candy apple red. Benoit whips Jericho to the other turnbuckle but it's reversed. Jericho hits a clothesline in the corner. He sets the wolverine up top, but beniot punches out of it and sets Jericho on the top turnbuckle instead. Benoit could be going for a Hurricanrana here! But Jericho reverses into a top rope powerbomb! But he's not done yet! He picks benoit off the ground, DOUBLE POWERBOMB. We haven't seen that in years. Jericho hits an elbow, and another

quick elbow before sliding out of the ring. He's going for a chair. Jericho gets back in the ring and raises the chair above his head, Low blow by Benoit has Jericho on the ground. Benoit grabs the chair, Chair to the back. Benoit goes outside and grabs the ladder. As he's fumbling with it, trying to get it under the rope, Jericho retaliates, Dropkicking the ladder. Y2J goes outside, snap suplex onto the steel ramp. Jericho brings the ladder in the ring and sets it up. As he starts to climbs, beniot gets back in the ring. Beniot grabs onto Jericho. GERMAN SUPLEX off of the Ladder. Here comes another. Benoit Looks behind him, noticing the position he's in. Release German Suplex into the ladder. Jericho's head got the worst of that affair.

Beniot signals for the end and climbs up top. He dives off for the diving headbutt, but wait, his head meets steel as Jericho grabs the chair and holds it, Beniot's head bounces off of the chair. Jericho runs towards the ropes, LIONSAULT!!! This one

could be over. Y2J sets up the ladder and begans climbing. But wait, Beniot gets on the other side. Beniot starts climbing. Both are approaching the top of the ladder. Blows by Jericho on Beniot. Benoit headbutts Jericho as the ladder begans to

shake. Bother are now as high as they can get on the ladder. Jericho with an eye rake. Jericho grabs both sides of benoit.

Meltzer: "OH MY GOD, NO JERICHO, NO."

With that, Benoit takes one of the sickest bumps ever broadcasted on Monday Night, as he is overhead belly to belly suplexed by Jericho directly to the ground. With that, Jericho looks up and pries the briefcase from its harness, falling off the ladder in the process. Jericho clutches the briefcase on the ground as the bell sounds. Both superstars are beaten and battered, but it's over. Jericho emerges victories, Clutching the briecase. As his music hits, he celebrates. He Climbs the turnbuckle and motions to a belt around his waste before raising both hands in the air.

Meltzer: "BENOIT MAY BE INJURED. NEXT WEEK, JERICHO FOR THE WORLD TITLE , VS WHO? WHAT A MATCH!!"

The image of Jericho on the turnbuckle fades out.

MATCH: 96%

CROWD: 91%

OVERALL: 93%

Chris Benoit has sustained an injury as a result of a bad bump!

SHOW QUALITY: 75%

Edited by Disengager

user posted image

Source: NODQ.COM

Tuesday, July 5th, 2005

RAW WINS MONDAY NIGHT WAR, TNA REELING.

Good afternoon wrestling fans. The preliminary TV ratings are in, and it doesn't look pretty for NWA TNA. Following weeks of ratings hovering between the 4.40 and 4.75 marks, TNA's ratings have fallen nearly 1.5 points. This news is bound to be cause for concern the TNA higher ups. WCW edged ECW  by .4 of a point in the shows respective debuts. Many experts are citing the hype surrounding the Jericho-Benoit match, as well as solid interviews and segments.

Results:

Primetime:

NWA TNA's "IMPACT": 3.14

ECW's "Hardcore TV": 5.50

WCW's "NITRO": 5.88

Latenight:

WWE "RAW" 6.07

BENOIT OUT 1 MONTH AFTER NASTY BUMP

user posted image

WCW.COM has confirmed that Chris Benoit will be out for the rest of the month following a nasty bump that saw Jericho throw him off the with an overhead belly to belly. Benoit landed akwardly. Although an MRI came back negative, results showed a deep tissue bruise in his lower back.

WCW signs more talent!

user posted image

As if last week's signings weren't enough, WCW has signed more talent to their impressive roster. WCW scooped up Al Snow immediately after WWE free'd him from his open deal. Also defecting from WWE is Maria Kanellis, who was fired from WWE after an incident backstage involving a group of male fans. Paul Birchall is also making the switch after requesting leave from WWE. He felt as if he was being used improperly and no longer wanted a development deal. They also have agreed to terms with Charismatic Brawler Engyma.

The Rumor Mill

It is rumored that the challenger facing Chris Jericho for the heavyweight title on next week's Nitro could possibly be talent stolen from NWA TNA! Next week's Nitro comes to us live from Miami, Florida. With TNA opperating from Orlando, a talent theft in their own backyard would be a HUGE blow to the company

Feud update

After last night's Nitro, it's apparent a program between Kidman and Matt Hardy has started. Although we haven't been able to confirm it, Chris Kanyon and Jonathan Coachman could be engulfed in a war of words. Although it's purely speculation, we do expect a continuation from Last Nights quarrel to continue. It's also pretty much cofirmed that Booker T and Steiner will be working together in the coming weeks.

Edited by Disengager

Decent start dude. My interest got perked double with Burchil being picked up. Buuuurrrrchil....... Buuuurrrrchilll.... Yeah I know about the spelling. Makes no difference if its right or wrong. Pronoucend the same.

Ehem, also liked you giving a nod to WCW's history by booking Steiner vs Booker for the US Title. Clever as well. Some might have wanted that to be the world title match but youve gone with the more commercially succesful people - Benoit/Y2J and whoever the mystery guy is I hopes a good signing. Ill keep tabs on this,.

Bischoff's Office

Friday, July 8, 2005

Sophie: Mr. Bischoff, did you get the television ratings I faxed to you earlier in the week?

Eric Bischoff: You bet I did. I wasn't expecting a 5.8 share AT ALL. And best of all, Extremely Crappy Wrestling is right where they belong, losing to Eric Bischoff once again.

Sophie: But at the expense of one of your main event wrestlers

Bischoff: Benoit is a horse, he'll be back next month for sure. That bump he took, that would have crippled most wrestlers. I love it.

Sophie: I hope you don't plan on ending every show with a sick bump Eric. Our roster will get quite small in a hurry.

Bischoff: No no, you start off with a bang Sophie. Everyone knows that. Plus, with who I've got onboard for the World Title Match, our ratings are going to sore!

Sophie: Oh, please do tell.

Bischoff: Oh No, The last time I gave you secret information, it turned up on a dirtsheet the next day. With this 4 way war, there's no way I'm telling ANYONE anything I have planned.

Sophie: Oh, I see.

Bischoff: Any word back from any of those TV Stations yet?

Sophie: Well, we received letters back from Spike, WB, USA and NBC.

Bischoff: NBC? Are you joking?!

Sophie: They are interested in our product, as it appears wrestling is back in the mainstream eye.

Bischoff: This is great, we'll make millions. Do you have any idea the ratings we could get on NBC?

Sophie: If I may sir, that wouldn't be the best choice. We'd have to tame down our already tame product. No more sick bumps off of ladders and whatnot.

Bischoff: Point taken. We still have until the end of the month to make a decision correct?

Sophie: That is correct. Perhaps we should wait another Nitro or two and see if any other interests pop up.

Bischoff: Well, Sophie knows best.

Sophie: Thanks boss. Hey, what about the new talent?

Bischoff: What do you want to know about them? You haven't done your research on Birchall and Enygma? Or do you want to meet the legendary Al Snow or something?

Sophie: No no, what about that Maria girl? I saw her portfolio, it's quite impressive.

Bischoff: Eh?

Sophie: I mean her photo portfolio.

Bischoff: ... Go on

Sophie: Errr.. nothing. I better get back to the desk.

And with that, Sophie leaves Eric's office. Eric sits down at his desk right as the phone rings.

Bischoff: Hello?

Paul Heyman: Hello BISCHOFF.

Bischoff: Hello HEYMAN. And What do I owe this pleasent suprise?

Heyman: "I saw the ratings, I bet your squeeling like a hog"

Bischoff: "Its more of an evil laugh really. The squeeling would be better appropriate for you"

Heyman: "Enough! I've just came to let you know that on Hardcore TV, we're going to kick off the show by announcing the Surprise contestent in your World Title Match."

Bischoff: "How did you find that out?"

Heyman: "Oh, don't worry about that, I have my faithful within your company. You can BANK ON IT."

And with that, Heyman hangs up, and Bischoff sits at his desk with a blank stare.

Edited by Disengager

WCW.COM NITRO PREVIEW

Sunday, July 10th, 2005

user posted image

WCW is back! Last week's Nitro saw Chris Jericho defeat Chris Benoit in a Ladder match for the #1 Contendership. Owner Eric Bischoff's "Mystery Opponent" will battle Y2J for the WCW Heavyweight title in the main event. Speculation is running wild as to who this opponent may be. Rumors are flying, as many wrestling insiders have predicted that the mystery man is a defector from NWA TNA. Who will it be?

Booker T is in action tonight! But the more important question is, will Scott Steiner be present as well? After their exchange last Monday, things could get Hot in Miami!

Also on the card..

Takao and Kenny the Bastard vs Paul Birchall and Air Paris

The Cats Cradle!

Jonathan Coachman hosts a Nitro Diva Dance Off!

and more. DON'T MISS WCW NITRO, Live on UPN @ 8PM, EVERY MONDAY.

Edited by Disengager

Eventhough the backstory is insanely impossible as WWE is a public company and its stock holders would never be on board for Vince throwing away money and assests like that. I'm all for WCW and if you can make this feel like WCW you have a reader, right now its still too early to tell.

I hear you... I know that would NEVER EVER happen, so this diary isn't exactly true to real life. The backstory is the weakest part of this story. I've got some pretty fresh sorylines for the next couple months planned out.

Also, just a note. The upcoming Nitro will probably shock some people. Just go with it. Trust me on it. I know what I'm doing here.

WCW MONDAY NIGHT NITRO

Monday, July 11th, 2005

<=:=><=:=> Intro and Pyro <=:=><=:=>

The fans go wild as our first shots of the arena come from the cranes located on top of the tron, offering a unique view of the entire arena as well as the ring.

David Meltzer: Hello wrestling fans and Welcome to Nitro, what a show we have for your tonight!

Jonathan Coachman: It's HOT in Miami tonight.

AIR FARE (Paul Birchall and Air Paris) vs The Flying Hurricanes (Takao and Kenny B)

An unknown theme begans playing, out comes Air Paris and Paul Birchall. They seem to be the faces of this match, although they receive little crowd reaction as they are unknown to most casual wrestling fans.

Lilian Garcia: Making their way to the Ring, Air Paris and Paul Birchall, AIR FARE.

Coach: "AIRFARE? What kind of a name is that?"

Meltzer: "These guys can Fly Coach"

A dark and Doomy music hits the PA system, and out come Takao and Kenny B, the Flying Hurricanes. Both teams are in the ring and here we go.

Takao and Paris tie up, both struggling for an advantage. Takao has Paris backed into the ropes, the ref breaks it up, but it's not a clean breakup and takao with a kick to the gut. Irish whip, Paris ducks a clothesline only to be hurricanrana'd on the way back. Tag to Kenny, Takao has a bearhug on Paris. Kenny hits the ropes, dropkick to the back of Paris. Kenny with the upperhand as he goes for a double underhook, which connects. Kenny with mounted punches to Paris on the ground. Kenny makes

the tag to Takao, who goes up and over for the slingshot splash, quick pin but Birchall breaks it up, which allows kenny and takao to double stomp paris as the ref deals with Birchill. Takao with a whip into the corner on Paris, followed by a corner

barrage, which has Paris sitting in the corner. This has been all Hurricanes in this match. Takao goes for a bronco buster but Paris moves out of the way. Here's his chance. With all his energy he makes the hot tag to birchall, who is eager for action. Clothesline to Takao, Kenny Enters, receives a clothesline, another clothesline to takao, followed by another for Kenny. Birchall has got the crowd behind him now as he's fired up. Birchill with a standing dropkick that sends Kenny to the outside. Here comes Takao, powerslam by Birchall. Birchall hoists Takao up on his shoulders as Paris climbs the top rope. Paris hits the moonsault onto Takao, who's on Birchall's shoulders, MID AIR COLLISION!!! Birchall gets the cover for the win as AIR RAID gets a nice ovation, seemingly impressed the crowd and made a few fans. Air Raid celebrates in the ring as we head backstage.

Winners: AIR RAID (Paul Birchall and Air Paris)

<M:76% C:25% O:50%>

(MEANWHILE, OVER ON HARDCORE TV)

Paul Heyman is standing in the ring as an ECW chant fills the arena. Paul is obviously finishing up a speech.

Paul Heyman: "...Oh, and don't bother tuning into WCW's big main event either. Those who were expecting a huge surprise will surely be disappointed. I have confirmed reports that Chris Jericho's mystery opponent tonight is none other then the man of the moment, EDGE!"

The crowd Breaks out in a chant: "BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT." The fans are obviously angry that Edge has apparently signed with WCW rather then defecting to ECW to be with his Girlfriend, Lita.

(AND NOW WE GO BACK TO NITRO!)

Backstage, we see Hurricane with Mikey Whipwreck.

Hurricane: "I'm telling you Mikey, Me and you, we'd make quite the team. Just look deep down inside of you, you'lle find the super hero inside of you yet!"

Mikey: "Come to think of it, I always liked comic books as a kid. Then I set them on fire."

Hurricane: "What do you say man?"

Mikey: "Its always good to have someone watching your back. Let's do this."

Hurricane grabs Mikey with one arm and they "Fly" off screen together.

<O: 61%>

<=:=><=:=> Commercial <=:=><=:=>

BOOKER T VS BIG VITO

"CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKAAA" hits as Booker makes his way onto the stage. Following his pyro, we are treated to a highlight package of last week's confrontation with Scott Steiner and Booker T. A slow Metalish song hits the PA system as Big Vito

comes out looking quite buff.

Coach: "Book is gonna have his hands full with this one!"

Book and Vito stare each other down in the ring, coming face to face. Vito with a punch, blocked by book, who returns the favor, delivering right hands to Vito. Booker has him on the ropes, side Kick to the midsection. Irish Whip, but Vito Reverses, Booker comes right back with an axe handle on Vito.  Booker tries to take out the big mans legs, putting a modified half crab on him. Vito is in pain but makes it to the ropes. Book runs across the ring as Vito starts to get up, Here comes Book, charging. Vito rolls out of the ring, drawing boo's from the crowd. But Book will have none of it, going up and over, landing on Vito. Body Slam by Booker on the mats. Book climbs back in the ring to break up the 10 count. Book goes for an Irish whip into the steps, but Vito reverses, sending book crashing into the metal steps. Vito looks under the ring.

Meltzer: "Thats a Kendo stick! That's not allowed in this match"

Coach: "Why don't you tell him that to his face"

And with one swing, Vito puts Booker down. The ref calls for the bell, Book wins by DQ. But Vito's not through yet. He rolls Booker back in the ring and we get a close up of Booker's face. He's been busted open.

WINNER BY DQ: Booker T

<M:78% C:76% O:77%>

Scott Steiners music hits as he leisurely walks down the ramp, US Title around his waste. But back in the ring, Vito hits a powerbomb on Book before Steiner enters the ring. Steiner pulls something out of his trunks. It's Brass knuckles!

Meltzer: "Cut it out, he's had enough"

Vito holds Book, who's already on Dream street. Steiner connects right between the eyes on Book. Vito picks book up and tosses him out of the ring. Eric Bischoff's music hits and out comes the owner with a mic. He stands at the top of the stage as the music fades.

Eric Bischoff: "I'd like to introduce to you, my new Justice Department. Scott Steiner and Big Vito. These two will help me to weed out the trouble makers in WCW. Good job boys, I hope you enjoy the items you requested back in your private locker room."

the Crowd Boos tremendously as the two leave to a new theme song, obviously for the new stable.

<O: 84%>

Coach is standing in the ring as we return from commercial break.

Coach: "oooh boy, it's hot in Miami! But it's about to get even hotter. If I may, Ladies, please make your way to the ring.

New signee Maria's theme hits as she makes her way to the ring, wearing an extremely tight shirt that cuts off right above her belly button and a short jean skirt. Next is Torrie, who's all smiles in a white tanktop and short pair of jean shorts. She enters the ring and here we go.

Coach: "I must say, you ladies are looking DAMN fine tonight. I see you've both got tans going for you, enjoying the fine Florida beaches eh? Well, Mr. Bischoff has given me access to his beachhouse, so tommorrow you know, if you want, you can come sunbathe at my place.."

The girls look at each other and laugh.

Coach: "But that's for another time. Tonight, we're here for a Diva Dance off! Torrie, your up first, strut your stuff. "

The lights dim into a shade of blue as a seductive pornish song hits. Torrie struts her stuff. She slowly removes her shirt, revealing An american flag bikini. She's all smiles, as is the crowd.

Coach: "Maria, lets see what you got!"

And with that, Maria takes center stage, throwing her hair back and forth, making a number of sexy poses. She slowly bends over, revealing a thong to the crowd, but not to the camera. This is UPN, that wouldn't Fly! The crowd roars in approval.

Coach: "I think we have a winner. Maria, the new comer, congratulations girl!"

Maria is excited as her and Torrie hug in the middle of the ring.

<O:65% Maria Kanellis gained overness from this segment. >

Torrie acts as if she's about to exit the ring, but turns around attacks Maria. What's this? Torrie is obviously upset as she lashes into Maria, slapping her face as she's still on the ground. Coach tries to break it up, but to no success, as he is slapped by Torrie. LOW BLOW KICK, Coach is down on the ground, rolling in Pain. Torrie Blows kisses her hand, before slapping her backside with it, in a show of disgust. Torrie draws heat from the crowd, who are clearly upset that their favorite of the two is in pain, being attended to by trainers.

<O:63% Maria Kanellis gained overness from this segment. Torrie Wilson's turn was completed, and she is now a heel. Torrie Wilson gained overness from this turn. >

And we're back. We're treated to a replay of the events that just transpired. Kanyon's theme hits and he has a seat next to Meltzer.

Kanyon: "Remind me to thank Torrie the next time I see her."

Meltzer: "I didn't know you were allowed to even talk to the Diva's"

Kanyon: "You watch your Mouth Meltzer. You know this is suppose to be my job.

Meltzer: "You don't even have journalistic credentials!"

Kanyon: "And Coach does?"

Meltzer: "Point taken, now lets get back to action!"

The Hurricane and Whipwreck vs West Hollywood blondes (Lenny and Lodi)

Lenny and Lodi make their way to the ring, looking as glamorous as ever, both sporting pink and purple tights as well as fishnet shirts.

Kanyon: "Hey Meltzer, I think you'd fit right in with these guys!"

"STAND BACK, THERE'S A HURRICANE COMING THROUGH!"

And here comes Hurricane and Whipreck. Whipwreck is decked out like a super hero, much like superman with a blue suit, except with a giant M on it. The two play to the crowd, posing as they make their way to the ring.Lodi gets on the mic as the superhero's enter the ring.

Lodi: "Look at these guys, they look ridiculous. (crowd laughs at the hypocritical statement). Come on Lenny, let's show em who the real heros are."

Hurricane with a dropkick onto Lodi as he was handing the mic to the ring announcer outside. Hurricane goes up top right away, but lenny shakes the rop and hurricane falls into an unappealing position. Lodi climbs up to the second turnbuckle, he might be going for a suplex here. Hurricane with punches before shoving Lodi to the ground. Lodi gets up, Hurricane off the top, Tornado ddt attempt but it's reversed, hurricane lands on his feet. But Lodi hits a gut wrench slam. Tag to Lenny, as no double team effort is made. Lenny with Kicks to Hurricane and a standing clothesline. Standing legdrop by Lenny. Lenny picks up Hurricane and takes him to the ropes. He rakes his eyes across the top rope. Lenny on the offensive here as he picks up hurricane. Piledriver is reversed by a back body drop by Hurricane, who then makes the tag to whipwreck. Mikey climbs up top before jumping off, riding Lenny to the ground, shades of rey mysterio there. Where is he anyways? Mikey is on fire here.

Irish whip, Reversed by Lenny but Whipreck hits an armdrag reversing that as well. Lodi comes in illegally, but is met by hurricane. Meanwhile, Whipwreck hits a DDT on Lenny. Lenny's on his knees, trying to get up, SHINING WIZARD by the Hurricane.

Whipwreck picks him up, he could be going for it here. WHIPPER SNAPPER! 1-2-3 as Lody couldn't make the save in time.The winners do superhero poses to the crowd as the fans cheer.

Winners: Hurricane and Mikey Whipwreck

<M:79% C:67% O:73%>

The cat is already in the ring, which has been decked out for this week's cat's cradle.

The Cat: "Last week, my show got cut short by an egotistical maniac, but this week, its back. And Eric Bischoff has told me the Cradle is here to stay! With that, let's get straight to the dirt. Last week, this man suffered a concussion as a result of his opponent working stiff. I'd like to bring him out and ask him a few questions, so Kidman, if you would please."

Kidman comes out to a chorus of boo's. Kidman's past choices have continued to haunt him. Kidman makes rude motions to the crowd, arguing with some members as he makes his way into the ring.

The Cat: "Now Kidman, we all know about Matt Hardy and his recent relationship troubles. But why would you go and stick your nose in his business?"

Kidman: "Well, Cat, it's like this. Everyone has an opinion. As a wrestling fan, I commented on the situation on my website. And now Matt Hardy, being the crybaby internet nerd that he is, is taking it personal. Simple as that."

And with that, Matt's music hit as he comes on, not even posing at the top of the ramp, headed straight towards the ring with fierce intensity.

Matt: "Internet Nerd? I don't care where you say it, here, the internet, backstage. If you talk trash, the angelic Diablo will make you pay. That concussion last week, that'll be nothing compared to what I can do to you tonight."

The Cat: "Matt, you bring up a good point. Kidman, what is the extent of your injury?"

Kidman: "Doctors have told me that I can't wrestle for two weeks."

The crowd Boos as Kidman yells at them

Kidman: "And Matt, just between you and me. If Lita was to ever hit on me, you know I'd hit that in an insta.."

Matt Hardy has had enough. Kick to the stomach, TWIST OF FATE. Kidman is out again!

Matt Hardy: "Bash at the Beach, me and you, Falls count anywhere!"

And with that, Matt Hardy throws up the V1 sign as his music hits.

<O: 76% Billy Kidman gained overness from this segment. >

Meltzer: "We go backstage, where Gene Okerland is standing by."

Okerland: "I'm standing next to Chris jericho, the man that will compete tonight for the world heavyweight title."

Jericho: "Hold on their, Junior. I need no introduction, I'm the King of the World, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah, The Highlight of the Night. The people know who I am. Hell, even people in ishkabishabakabooastan know who Y2J is. But what they don't know is who I'm going to be facing tonight for the world Title. And you know what, neither do I, but the general consensus tells me that it doesn't matter. Everyone knows what I'm done in my career. I've beaten every major star in this business time and time again. I've climbed the mountain and climbed it again. I'm the best in this business, hell, I took that assjob Chris Benoit out for a month in his first WCW match last week. And that's exactly what I'll do tonight to whichever Johnny Jobber Eric Bischoff has in store for me tonight. And if you don't like it, You can kiss my ass."

<O: 99% Chris Jericho gained overness from this segment. >

We cut to Eric Bischoff, who is in his office on a cell phone.

Bischoff: "Yes Vince, I understand, ok, I'll be expecting it next week. Goodbye"

Steiner: "What did that old fool want?"

Bischoff: "He said he had a "present" for me next week.

Steiner: "A present?"

Bischoff: "Whatever it is, just be on the lookout next week."

Steiner: "You got it boss."

<O: 75%>

CHRIS JERICHO VS ???? For the WCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Meltzer: "Here we go, main event time!"

Lilian: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and is for the WCW Heavyweight championship of the world. "

"BOOOM" The pyro hits "BREAK THE WALLS DOWwwN." Jericho hits the stage as charismatic as ever. He motions to a imaginary belt around his waste as if he's already won the match. As he makes his way to the ring, the crowd is going wild. The anticipation has grown. Jericho has been in the ring for 10 seconds now, the delayed entrance is killing the crowd.

Excited yet?

The familiar licks of a song everyone in the arena immediately recognizes hits. The crowd goes absolutely nuts. It's pandamonium in Miami.

Kanyon: "MY GOD, THATS..."

Meltzer: "NOOOO, IT COULDN'T BE,.."

"When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside..."

AND HERE COMES THE LEGEND, THE MAN HIMSELF HULK HOGAN!!! The crowd is in absolute awe, Red and Yellow is running wild tonight!! Hogan tears his shirt off as pyro from above and below hits. "HOGAN, HOGAN, HOGAN" the crowd yells at the top of their lungs. Hogan bows to the crowd. Jericho has gone weak at the knees and is sitting on the canvas. The only man he's never defeated. He cant believe it. Hogan makes his way into the ring.

(this is where you all stop reading in disgust :-) )

Meltzer: "I don't believe my eyes. Its Hulk Hogan, Hogan's Here, Hogan's here, the red and yellow is back!"

Hogan Poses for the crowd in the ring while his name is still chanted. The fans absolutely love Hulkamania. No matter what this guy does, he'll always be a hero to all. Jericho is now standing. Referee Charles Robinson opens a briecase he's been

holding, and holds up the WCW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BELT for the crowd to see. Y2J and the Hulk stare each other down. Hulk extends his hand to Y2J. Y2J Looks down before reluctantly accepting. A great show of sportsmanship. Jericho is still in

shock as the two start circling each other.

Collar and elbow tie up which Hogan easily wins and shoves Jericho to the ground. Jericho tries again, only to receive the same result. Y2J regroups on the outside before getting back in the ring. He goes for another approach and tries to amatueur

wrestle hogan, grabbhing him by the waste. Hogan looks down at Jericho and waves his finger and Y2J tries with all his might to take Hogan down. Axe Handle to the back and Jericho hits the ground. Jericho is back up immediately as hogan throws a right hand, and jericho is back down on the ground. Hogan goes for Jericho, but jericho backs to the ropes, which leads the ref to break it up. Jericho gets back on his feet and starts to Walk towards Hogan, which Hogan responds the same way. Jericho Kicks him in the mid section. Irish Whip from Jericho and hogan can't block the drop kick. Hogan crawls his way to the ring ropes, but Jericho is smarter, as he bounces off the ropes and comes back with the leg through the ropes, choking Hogan on the bottom rope.

It's all offensive for Jericho now, as he gives an inside elbow drop to the groin of hogan, followed by another, before a stomp to the gut. Jericho puts one foot on Hogan and flexes, going for the cocky pin. 1 COUNT only, Hogan will have none of

that. Jericho picks up hogan, Body Slam, then goes right back to work with a reverse chinlock. Hogan gets to his feet with jericho still applying the hold, Irish whip by Hogan, Jericho bounces off the ropes and comes back with aa flying forearm, Hogan is woozy as he's resting up against the ropes, Jericho takes him up and over with a clothesline, sending hogan crashing to the floor. Outside, Jericho plays the heel, slamming hogans face into the ring twice. Then he rolls him back in the ring. Jericho attempts The Liontamer, but Hogan shoves with the feet, followed by a drop toe Hold, Jericho hit his face hard on the canvas. Uh oh, Hogan hits the ropes, He could be trying to end it here. Hogan gets elevation as he goes for the signature leg drop, but jericho rolls out of the way as Hogan goes crashing to the ground. Jericho's quick to his feet and notices Hogan lying on the ground. He runs to the ropes, LIONSAULT!!!!

Meltzer: "THE LIONSAULT, IT'S OVER!!!!!"

1....2...KICK OUT WITH AUTHORITY.

Meltzer: "HOGAN'S HULKING UP!!!!"

Jericho can't believe it. He notices what's happening is his worst nightmare. Hammering Hogans head. Hogan will have none of it, no selling each blow and building up steam. Jericho is still attacking, finally attampting a clothesline that just bounces off of Hogan. Hogan Looks at him as he's done to countless opponents before. He points to Y2J. Irish Whip on Jericho. We've seen this before, BIG BOOT. Jericho is laid out. Hogan does the arm to the ear.. he's calling for it. Hogan hits the ropes, and here it comes. BIG LEG DROP!!! He covers Jericho.

1...2...KICK OUT

Meltzer: "HE KICKED OUT, HE KICKED OUT!!"

Hogan is kind of shocked. Although Y2J i still down, Hogan surely though he had the win He picks Jericho up, Irish Whip, he's going for another Boot. Ducked by Jericho who hits the ropes and comes right back. Powerslam by Hogan. Hogan hits the ropes

once again, here it comes again.. LEG DROP!!!!!! Hogan covers Jericho, 1......2........3.

The crowd is going completely wild as Hogan is champion once again. The Hogan chants immediately start up as Hogan Poses in all 4 corners with the belt as Jericho is still down. Jericho rolls outside as Hogan poses in the middle of the ring with the belt. No one can quite believe it yet. "HOGAN, HOGAN, HOGAN" fills the arena. Hogan fans around the world, young and small are united in cheers as the icon has once again captured the heavyweight title, way past his prime, but still looking great as ever.

BUT WAIT.... Jericho has chair. No one bothered to see him regrouping on the outside. He's in the ring, standing behind Hogan. BAM, With a sick chairshot, Hogan is laid out and down. Jericho continues the assault  with  the chair, pummelling a fallen Hulk Hogan. The arena has filled up with a chorus of boos. Jericho flips hogan over, WALLS OF JERICHO!! Hogan is tapping out, but Jericho won't release the Hold. After what seems like an eternity, Jericho lets go. Jericho raises both hands in the air. Trash is flying into the ring from all sides of the arena. The fans are distraught, booing just as loud as they once cheered as Jericho is doused in Beer and trash. Jericho notices the crowd is ready to lynch him, and makes his celebration short lived and exits the ring. As he walks up the ramp backwards, the camera pans in on him, as he's smiling at what he's done.

Meltzer: "DAMN HIM DAMN HIM. YOU LOST FAIR AND SQUARE!!! YOU'RE FINISHED JERICHO, YOU'RE FINISHED!!!"

as we fade out.

<M: 67% C:97% O:87% Chris Jericho's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Chris Jericho gained overness from this turn. The World Heavyweight title has gained in image. >

<OVERALL SHOW RATING: 72%>

Edited by Disengager

Well THAT was a surprise, to say the least. This diary is going along really well, and even though I never watched WCW when it was alive, I like this diary. Putting the title on Hogan though...let's hope that's temporary.

Nice Nitro; I would have liked to see Heyman's 'prediction' have come true, but I'll take what I can get.

BTW, I actually LIKE Hogan in WCW, although I do question how you're gonna be able to keep his ego in check. I do have one question regarding the Hulkster. What theme song is he using?

Hogan is using his Real American theme ...

When it comes crashing down, and it hurts inside,

ya' gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide,

Well, you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,

I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide,

I am a real American, Fight for the rights of every man,

I am a real American, fight for what's right, fight for your life!

I feel strong about right and wrong,

And I don't take trouble for very long,

I got somethin' deep inside of me, and courage is the thing that keeps us free,

Well you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,

Guest RickyW

I didn't like idea of putting the title on Hogan, but it's better than a Goldberg title run. Though, I'm hoping a decent feud comes out of this with Jericho going over and possibly forcing Hogan to retire (for good).

Hogan is using his Real American theme ...

When it comes crashing down, and it hurts inside,

ya' gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide,

Well, you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,

I feel strong about right and wrong,

And I don't take trouble for very long,

I got somethin' deep inside of me, and courage is the thing that keeps us free,

Well you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,

As for the future, Jericho lovers will like what I have in store for a Jericho/Hogan feud. Hogan is the huge baby face here and Jericho is the monster heel. Hogan hasn't had a feud with the way he's over now yet (w/ the constant chants) ... so it should be a good one.

The next Nitro should be up by the end of the weekend, with segments following tonight and tommorrow. I had some time off, so I had a chance to really get this diary rolling. Also, I'm considering changing up how I write matches, shortening them slightly. This last nitro took like 3 hours to write, sim, and then edit for the boards.

While Hogan fits into the sceme of WCW with Bischoff as owner, it was entirey unexpected. The fued could be interesting, Jericho could pull an "I've already injured one guy who this title, and I'll retire you."