2005: A War for the Ages (WCW)

Did anyone else pick up on the snide Sophie Lesbian Action Remark??? :blink:

Seriously this a pretty good diary with only one thing holding it back...

YOU GAVE HOGAN THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pinch: :puke::angry:

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a spoiler for my diary, so if you don't want to know what the future holds, DON'T CLICK THE LINK. If the fact that Hogan has the world title is what's keeping you to stray away from this diary, see the link to find out what the deal with Hogan in my diary and if he's going to have a long title run or not. Once again, THIS IS A MINOR DIARY SPOILER...

CLICK FOR A MINOR DIARY SPOILER

Nitro should be up tommorrow (hopefully). If not, look for it early thursday morning.

Edited by Disengager

WCW Monday Nitro

August 1st, 2005

<=:=><=:=> Picture Highlight segment of Bash at the Beach <=:=><=:=>

"BREAAAAK THE WALLS DOWWWWN"

And Y2J's pyro hits as Jericho comes out, clearly angered from the events of last night, as Nitro begans without it's normal entrance video and Pyro. The crowd boo's as Jericho does his traditional poses before getting in the ring and grabbing the microphone from Lillian

Jericho: "Alright all you ass monkeys listen up, cause Y2J is gonna tell everyone a story. In this industry, there are three kinds of wrestlers. First, you've got wrestlers who are just that, they wrestle. There's nothing special about them, at all. They may be good wrestlers, hell, my opponent tonight is a good wrestler. But there's one thing he lacks, he can't entertain the crowd. These guy's may win a title or two, but chances are, you won't see them in many main event situations. About 3/4ths of WCW's roster is filled with these guys. Then you've got the exact opposite. You've got guys that can entertain the crowd. They can talk trash like no other. They can rile up their opponents and excite crowds while doing it. Sound familiar? Yes, this is Hulk Hogan. That low-down, dirty, no selling, hairless wheelchair reject you call champion.

And then you have Chris Jericho, the highlight of the night. The man who can do it all. I can entertain the crowd, and back up my trash talk with my wrestling. So, if I'm this great, then why did Eric Bischoff screw me last night at Bash at the Beach. I'll tell you why. Because Hogan is a cash cow. He's a household name. Not that Chris Jericho isn't a household name, it's just that I haven't been in a wrestling ring since 1923. Eric Bischoff Realizes that, and because of that, I'm not champion. I'm not champion because he'd rather milk Hulk Hogan's name for all it's worth despite his dimishing wrestling skills and the fact that he moves slower then rush hour traffic. Last night, Eric protected his investment, his $300,000 a month investment. It's disgusting and I'm SICK OF IT. Everyone always says that Chris Jericho is the future of wrestling, CM Punk is the future of wrestling, AJ Styles is the future of wrestling. Well, unlike those two, I'm not the 20 something stallion I once was. I mean, sure, I've still got the looks and charisma, but lets face facts. I don't plan on stepping in

this ring when I'm 60, trying to mimmick my once former self, unlike the current champ, Hulk Hogan. What more does he have to prove? He can't bow out gracefully like the rest of the guy's he wrestled with in the 50's..he's has to always be in the

spot..."

<o:93%>

"WHO'S THAT JUMPING OUT THE SKY..."

Rey Mysterio interrupts Chris Jericho as he hit the 8 minute mark in his speech.The crowd cheers, obviously sick of hearing jericho, who is obviously furious.

Meltzer: "Well it's about damn time"

Kanyon: "Was...was that even in the script?"

Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio

Y2J had a mean streak in this one, obviously because the pressures have been mounting for him in the recent weeks. He took it all out on Rey Mysterio in this one. He wasn't himself tonight, as he used his brawling skills more then his speed. He

hammered away on Rey, hitting forearms, elbows and kicks to the midsection. At one point, Jericho hit the double powerbomb, only to go for a third and have it reversed by a pinning hurricanrana. Although only a 2 count, rey built moment, and almost won the match. Y2J moved out of the way of a 619 at the last second, then hit a running bulldog. Y2J rolled up Mysterio and held the tights for a 1-2-3, drawing boo's from the crowd, as the ref didn't see his cheating ways again!  But Jericho wasn't finished, as he hit Rey with a low blow kick and put the walls of Jericho on him almost immediately after the match. The ref couldn't pry Jericho off of Rey, he was going to make a point tonight!

BUT WAIT!!! Coming storming down the ramp is Chris Benoit! Jericho doesn't see him, as his back is facing the ramp. Benoit with a clothesline, jericho unleashes the hold and falls to the ground. Benoit picks him up, Irish whip, Jericho ducks the

clothesline, and stops and goes for a right hand...CROSSFACE!!!! Jericho is yelling and pain and Benoit won't release the hold! Finally, after 20 seconds, Benoit lets go as refs fill the ring. Benoit walks up the ramp, smiling at what he's done to Jericho.

WINNER: Chris Jericho

<M:84% C:92% O:89%>

Backstage, we see Kidman and Torrie Wilson standing by with Mean Gene...

Torrie: "mmm, you're lookin good tonight Billy.."

Billy: "One sec babe. Matt Hardy, last night I proved to you that you're not the unstoppable force you think you are. For week's, you threatened me, telling me you were going to destroy me? I think you destroyed yourself, isn't that right Torrie?"

Torrie: "You see, Me and Billy settled our differences because he needed some insurance, and I needed a man. A man to help me around this promotion. This company is no place for a doll like me to be roaming around alone...so I got some help...in more ways then way. Maria, last night you attacked me during Billy's match. Don't think that I'm not going to deal with you in the future. You made a wise choice not showing up here tonight, you little tramp.

Billy: "Matt, take note. This is what I have waiting for me every night back at the hotel, what do you have? Or should I say, who has what you had tonight?"

Torrie and Billy kiss wickedly as we go to commercial.

<o:79%>

<=:=><=:=> Commercial break <=:=><=:=>

We come back and the ring is already set up for the Cat's Cradle. "I'M THE GREATEST" hits the PA system and out comes the Cat Ernest Miller! He gets in the ring and grabs a mic.

Cat: "Well, I can't say I'm looking forward to this. Last night, this guy easily beat Andrew Martin, and then viciously attacked him after the match. Hell, he even attacked Hurricane, the guy who came out out of mercy to try to save Martin. So

without further ado, here he is. Whiskey Marc."

"Grinning Mouths" by Isis hits and Marc makes his way down the ramp, staring down fans in the audience as he makes his way into the ring. He gets in the ring, and stands toe to toe with Cat, dwarfing him.

Cat: "Ok....uh..Marc...Mr. Stines...umm...congradulations on your debut victory last night.....I had some questions I need to ask you... but why don't you just say what's on your mind."

Whiskey snags the mike away from cat.

Whiskey: "What's on my mind? What's on my mind. I've been locked up for a year. I've had plenty of time to think. I'm not hear to talk or think, I'm here to HURT PEOPLE."

And With That, Whiskey punches Cat Straight between the eyes. Cat hits the ground, that right hand is so deadly. Whiskey picks cat up and puts him on his shoulder . Whiskey Climbs to the second turnbuckle and slowly turns around as he puts Cat in

the tombstone position. TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER OFF THE SECOND ROPE! Cat is down, and convulsing as EMT's run down to the ring, but are too scared to get in. Marc steps over the top rope and leaves as his theme hits, the crowd booing him as he makes his way to the backstage area.

<o:82% Whiskey Marc gained overness from this segment. >

<=:=><=:=>Commercial break=:=><=:=>

Matt Hardy vs CM PUNK

And we're back and CM Punk is standing in the ring as we're set for the arrival of Matt Hardy. Hardy comes out along with Maria at his side! This is a shocker, we didn't expect her to be here tonight. She's wearing a short skirt and black belly

shirt, obviously pleasing the crowd. The two get a decent pop as we're ready to go. The bell sounds and this one gets underway. Punk extends his hand, staying true to the ROH Code of Honor. And Matt Hardy accepts!

Punk played the underdog in this one, as Hardy had the upperhand throughout the match. Punk always managed to counter when it mattered however, moving out of the way of splashes and countering Matt's trademark moves. Matt hit a side effect for a 2 count, and then argued with the ref, thinking he had a 3. Punk hit a dropkick on Hardy, which sent him down. Punk went to work on the legs, applying a leg grapevine. With Hardy's weakened legs later in the match, he went up top, but was too slow as punk caught him in a precarious position. Punk went up top as well and was going for a superplex, but Hardy Shoved him off. OUT COMES KIDMAN. Kidman shoves Matt hardy off the top turnbuckle as Torrie distracts the ref. Punk puts on a Texas Cloverleaf in the middle of the ring. Hardy tries for to get to the ropes, but Punk pulls him back to the middle of the ring, forcing Matt to tap out.

Meltzer: "Kidman cost him the match!"

Kanyon: "well, it wasn't the first time, and won't be the last"

Maria gets in the ring to check on Matt, but Torrie spears her before she gets to him. The two have a catfight as they exchange slaps, rolling around on the canvas before Billy is able to get torrie off of her.

WINNER: CM PUNK

<M:92% C:75% O:83% >

Booker T is standing by in his locker room

Book: "Ya screwed me Raven, ya screwed me dog. Why you gotta be like that man, all selfish. If you wanted a title shot, all ya woulda had to do was ask me bro... everyone knows the bookaman is a fighting champ. But what you did last night, it hurt dog. Scott steiner, his punk ass won't give me a rematch, and neither will Eric Bischoff. So that means, in order for me to shot at the US title, I gotta win the battle royal tonight dawg. I gotsta go through you and 19 other guys, just to get a shot. Aint that some Bull... But bottom line is, The book is gonna win that match tonight, and when I do, I'm coming for ya scott Steiner. I'm coming for ya dawg. Now can you dig that....SUCKAAAAAA.

<o:88%>

<=:=><=:=> Commercial <=:=><=:=>

20 MAN BATTLE ROYAL FOR A SHOT AT ANY TITLE

Eric Bischoff's music hit as he gets boo's from the crowd. 20 wrestlers are standing in the ring.

Eric: "I'm just out here to address a couple issues. First, What Chris Jericho did was unnacceptable. His comments were against WCW Code of Conduct, and because of that, His ass is suspended for 1 week. *CROWD CHEERS* . But that's not why I'm

out here. I'm here to announce that all this month, Nitro will feature specialty matches. And the winner of these matches, will receive a title shot at the title of their choice in a match of their choice! Now let's let the carnage began!

ORDER OF ELIMINATION:

1.  Jody Fleisch (Raven)

2.  Eric Angle (Raven)

3.  Colt Cabana (Chavo)

4.  Big Vito (Jindrak/O'haire)

5.  Brian Lawler (Jindrak/O'Haire)

6.  Alext Wright (Chavo)

7.  Sabian (Booker T)

8.  Ruckus (Al Snow)

9.  Ultimo Dragon (Air Paris)

10. Mark Jindrak (Lenny/Lodi)

11. Al Snow (Raven)

12. Lodi (Sean O' Haire)

13. Lenny (Sean O' Haire)

14. Lash Leroux (Sean O' Haire)

15. Air Paris (Booker T)

16. Chavo Guerrero (Amazing Red)

17. The Amazing Red (booker T)

18. Sean O' Haire (Raven)

19. Booker T (Raven)

As expected, Booker T and Raven were the last two surviving in this over the top battle royal. However, in the end, Raven came out on top, throwing Booker T over following a lowblow shot. Raven looked up to the ceiling and extended his arms as he

savored victory. Book couldn't believe he had lost to Raven. Raven grabbed a mic.

Raven: "What about Raven? What about Raven? I'll tell you about me. Scott Steiner, I'll tell you all about me when I beat your ass tonight for your US Title in a NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH. And Booker T, You may claim to be a fighting champion, but I'm a survivor, and I'll survive anyone anywhere. Quote the raven, Nevermore."

WINNER: RAVEN

<M:73% C:59% O:66% >

Meltzer: "Well ladies and gentlemen, he couldn't be here tonight, but standing by via satelite is the champ. Hulk, are you there?"

Hulk Hogan is on the tron. The fans go crazy and start chanting his name.

Hogan: "Let me tell you something Meltzer. Last night, Eric Bischoff stood up for what's right. All the hulkamaniacs saw it. The Hulkster almost got cheated out of the title. But Justice prevailed, like it always does. And I admire Eric Bischoff for

restarting the match last night. And I admire that Chris Jericho was desperate enough to stoop to such low meassures as to take my title. But let me tell all the fans this. Next week, I'll be there, and I'll be ready for a fight. And since Chris Jericho is suspended, I promise that next week, there won't be any cheating. Cheating is something the Hulkster doesn't stand for, and as far as I'm concerned, No cheater will EVER take the Hulk's world title.

The fans cheer at the possiblity of Hogan's long title run as the tron fades out. Although there were a few boo's noticeable throughout the arena.

<O:88%>

Coach's Music Hits.

Kanyon: "Why the hell is he here? He's suppose to be fired!"

Coach makes his way onto the stage.

Meltzer: "Get his ass out of here, he's not suppose to be here"

Coach: "I just wanna say that although I lost.. I'm not going anywhere. I didn't agree to that match, that match was made by stonecold, and Eric Bischoff has told me..."

Austin comes out and hits coach with a steel chair in the back. Coach is reeling, in pain on the ground!

Austin: "If it wasn't clear to you last night you dumb son of a bitch, let me reiterate. YOUR FIRED!!!!! Security, take this man away."

With that, Austin grabs coach and drags him off the stage by the arm as the crowd laughs.

<O:70% Steve Austin lost overness from this segment. Jonathan Coachman gained overness from this segment. >

Meltzer: It's time for our Main event!

Scott Steiner vs Raven for the US Title

Raven comes out to dimmed lights and a purplish blue lighting show as his theme, complete with Raven's caw's plays. Raven gets booed as he get's in the ring and sits in a corner. Scott Steiner comes out to even louder boo's. He is noticeable yelling at the crowd to shut up as he makes his way down the ramp.

This easily gets worst match at the night. Not that Raven didn't hold up on his end, but that Steiner was obviously showing the effects of his war last night with Booker T. Raven lasted through a 25 minute battle royale earlier and still put up a good fight, getting off a knee to the head in the corner on steiner and a shoulder thrusts to the mid section. Raven and Steiner traded blows with a steel chair at different points in the match. After an extended stay on the outside, Raven whipped Steiner into the steps before taking him back in the ring. Raven hit a bulldog, and went for the Evenflow, but OUT COMES BOOKER T!!! Booker gets in the ring and thrust kicks Raven, sending him to the ground. Book leaves the ring as Steiner covers book for the 1-2-3. After the match, Book reentered the ring and attacked Steiner, and the two are exchanging blows in the middle of the ring!!

<M:73% C:63% O:68% >

GLASS SHATTERS!!! Out comes Austin as the fans go nuts, obviously a little bored with their main event. Austin stands up top.

Austin: HEY HEYYY HEYYYYYYYY!!!!! Can you two jackasses stop fighting for one second and listen? It appears as if we have a conflict of my interest here. While I'd like to watch you two sorry sons of bitches hit each other senses, Stone Cold realizes we got 3 bastards who all want the same thing. Now, usually I'd just tell all 3 of ya's to just go to hell, but that ain't commissioner stone cold talking. In the interest of violence, I think I'll book a match. Eric told me to stop running his show, so I better make this one a good one. Let's see, 3 way elimation, triple threat... ahh I know. How about you three bastards in the ring, in a hardcore match for the WCW United States title. That outta make ole' Eric happy. Next week, you three bastards, anything goes, and that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold SAID SO!"

Austin's music hits as the three in the ring start beating on each other.

<o:92% Booker T gained overness from this segment. Raven gained overness from this segment. Scott Steiner gained overness from this segment. >

Meltzer: "THESE GUY'S DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK, THEY WANNA GO TONIGHT..FOLKS WE'RE OUT OF TIME, SEE YOU NEXT WEEK ON NITRO!!"

SHOW RATING: 80%

Debuted? Are you speaking about Raven? Because O' Haire has been on a couple nitro's and wrestled at the PPV.

And if you did mean Raven, I know, I goofed that one up. I for some reason thought I had Raven a cut a promo at the PPV, which he did not.

user posted image

Source:Nodq.com

August 2nd, 2005

RATINGS ARE IN! TNA PULLS A NO SHOW!

WCW wins the primetime war again.  However, WWE won the overall war, thanks to their latenight slot. The big story here is that TNA CANCELLED THEIR MONDAY NIGHT SHOW. Perhaps they've finally suffered defeat?

Primetime:

WCW: 5.87

ECW: 5.50

TNA: CANCELLED

Late night:

WWE: 6.10

Benoit returns!

user posted image

Chris Benoit returned to wcw last night, confronting the man that put him out of action for a month, chris Jericho. Jericho and Hogan still have a program going. One might wonder how Benoit fits into the world title picture scene.

CM Punk getting HUGE push

user posted image

CM Punk has LEAPED from the lower midcard to the upper midcard over the course of 3 weeks! Punk is getting huge ovations despite being a heel. Although he hasn't done anything to draw heat, his gimmick is drawing a a bit of heat. He credits his great matches as of late to his popularity

Raven debuts in an unspectacular way

user posted image

Despite a strong debut at bash at the beach, the following night on Nitro, Raven made his debut in the 20 man battle royal. While some SMART MARKS  :D are calling it a weak debut, Raven has debuted almost immediately into the US championship scene.

Winnipeg Daily News

August 5th, 2005

The REAL side of professional wrestling

Professional Wrestler turned rockstar Chris Jericho is going to have some time to think about his actions. Jericho, a Winnipeg native, recently broke World Championship Wrestling code of conduct on their show, Nitro, this week. Following a rare, unscripted 8 minute verbal assault earlier this week on a live television show, WCW Nitro, on fellow wrestler and current WCW Champion Hulk Hogan, WCW Owner Eric Bischoff and the board of directors immediately slapped him with a 2 week suspension.

"His actions were unjust, uncalled for, and more importantly, untrustworthy. His comments to Hulk Hogan were above any wrestling angle. Chris Jericho has a pure hatred for Hulk Hogan beyond the ring. " Said WCW Owner Eric Bischoff.

Bischoff, who announced the suspension later on in the show, was very upset with Jericho's actions.

"It's not something you do to legends in this business."

But on the other side of the fence, Chris Jericho feels his actions were justified and that WCW staff is just overreacting to the issue.

"Eric Bischoff will tell you whatever you want to hear, but the bottom line is, Chris Jericho on Nitro is ratings for Eric. Nitro put up huge ratings last week, and I'd like to think I significantly contributed to that."

While Nitro did score a 5.87 in the Nielsen ratings, Jericho did put the company in an akward position. The show started out with Jericho coming out and grabbing a microphone. From there, he started talking and doing an unscripted interview. It was finally cut off after about 8 minutes when Jericho's microphone was cut off and his opponent came out.

"Everyone knows this is sports entertainment." Bischoff said."Yes, we do have writers , very talented writers at that. While we encourage our wrestlers to come up with their own material and get it approved by the writers, we don't encourage blatant attacks on fellow wrestlers on live television"

"Do I feel my actions were justified? Yes, I do. I'm being punished because I gave everyone a hard dose of reality that some people don't want to hear. " Jericho said. Too many guys get held down by veterans in this business and it disgusts me to no end. These guy's don't hold titles or shine in the spotlight until the ends of their careers, just because you have the much older veterans still hanging around."

Jericho's point is logical, as there are still many wrestlers aged 40 or over who are still in the limelight. Regardless, Eric Bischoff believes that if they can entertain a crowd, they deserve to be there.

"Not everyone is going to be as great in the ring as Chris Jericho or Eddie Guerrero. Not every superstar is going to put on 5 star matches." Bischoff said. "But regardless, I think the crowd doesn't mind too much as long as they're being entertained. That is what we set out to do, and I hope we accomplish our goals week in and week out."

WCW Nitro airs from 8 to 10 pm on UPN and is currently battle ECW's "Hardcore TV" and NWA TNA's "Impact".

user posted image

WCW.COM Nitro Preview

Sunday, August 7th, 2005

Last week we saw Booker T return the favor, costing Raven his US Title match against scott steiner, like Raven had done the night before to Booker at Bash at the Beach. Following the match, commissioner Stone Cold book a 3 way hardcore elimination match for the US title between the 3. This main even will surely be crazy.

Matt Hardy and Maria will meet Billy Kidman and Torrie Wilson in MIXED tag team action! Billy cost Matt his match vs CM Punk last week, you have to bet Matt is looking for revenge!

With Jericho suspended, Hulk Hogan has said that he'll be on Nitro. What will he do with Jericho not around to interrupt him?

Also on the card...

We have 8 man tag action as The Second City Saints (cabana and punk) and Blackout (sabian and ruckus) take on Mikey Whipwreck, Hurricane and Air Raid (birchall and paris)

A 20 Man over the top battle royal, with the winner receiving his shot at ANY WCW title.

Whiskey Marc in a HANDICAP match vs Al Snow and Steve Blackman!

Much more!

WCW Nitro

August 8th, 2005

<=:=><=:=> Intro video and Pyro<=:=><=:=>

"When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside...."

And Nitro kicks off with our World Champion coming out to the ring as the fans go nuts. Hogan poses with the WCW world title.

Meltzer: "The fans absolutely love this guy"

Hogan gets in the ring and does some  more poses before grabbing a microphone

Hogan: "HULKAMANIA IS RUNNING WILD TONIGHT!!!.. You know something brother, I know that there's someone sitting at home tonight, wishing he was here. But he's not. And that man is Chris Jericho. Let me tell you something about Chris Jericho. He is a punk, a no good, egotistical, only cares about himself Jerk. And I'll be damned if I let someone like that beat me, let alone represent the company I work for as world champion. I'd rather hand this belt over to Vince Mcmahon himself then let Chris Jericho beat me for it.

Let me tell you something else about Y..2..J, He does it all for the money. Ever since Fozzy got popular, he loathes being away from the music scene. But you know why he does it? Because Eric Bischoff cuts him big fat checks every week. And he claims that the hulkster is in it for the money? Look brothers, I have enough money to get this country out of debt if I wanted to. Donald Trump's fortune is drawfed compared to mine. I come out here, week in and week out for the fans, not the money. I still want to be a part of something that I love, something that I helped build. I helped build sports entertainment to be the way it is today, and I helped build the foundation of WCW that KICKED Vinces ass in the ratings.

But let me tell you something, that's not why I'm out here. Later on tonight, I'm going to stand in this ring, and whoever has the courage to come out and face me, I'll give them a title shot. Anyone in the back, not just your guys like Eddie Guerrero and CM Punk..anyone. Hell, even Eric can come out here if he wants! Bottom line is, Hulk Hogan is a fighting champion and tonight, I'll prove to the world why I am, WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION."

And with that, Hogan leaves the ring to his name being chanted by the crowd as we go to commercial.

<97:%>

20 MAN OVER THE TOP BATTLE ROYAL (Winner gets a shot at any time he wants.)

Eric Bischoff appears on the tron

Eric: "Like last week, we're gonna have ANOTHER battle royal. And these will continue all month long, because Eric Bischoff is a fair man and wants to give EVERYONE a shot at any title they want!"

And with that.. the battle begans..

ORDER OF ELIMINATION

1.  Big Vito (O'Haire)

2.  Brian Lawler (Eddie Guerrero)

3.  Jody Fleisch (Benoit)

4.  Mikey Whipwreck (Lash Leroux)

5.  Lash Leroux (Sexxy Eddie)

6.  Mark Jindrak (Lenny)

7.  Ultimo Dragon (Rey Mysterio)

8.  Sonny Siaki (E. Guerrero)

9.  Lodi (Benoit)

10. Sexxy Eddie (Cabana)

11. Sabian (Angle)

12. Ruckus (O'Haire)

13. Lenny (O'haire)

14. Eric Angle (O' Haire)

15. Colt Cabana (Benoit)

16. Rey Mysterio (E. Guerrero)

17. Chavo Guerrero (E. Guerrero

18. Sean O' Haire (C. Guerrero)

19. Eddie Guerrero (Benoit)

Once again, Sean O' Haire puts up a VERY impressive showing, eliminating 4 men and being one of the final three. Eddie and chavo had formed a team much throughout the battle, and after they had eliminated Rey, Eddie backstabbed and eliminated Chavo. In the end, Benoit managed to toss Eddie over after he missed a froggy, claiming victory. He grabbed a Microphone

Benoit: "Eric, I WANT SCOTT STEINER, TONIGHT!"

The crowd goes wild at Benoit's demand.

WINNER: CHRIS BENOIT

<M:62% C:62% O:61%>

Meltzer: "We know go to taped interview from earlier, with Matt Hardy talking about kidman"

Matt: "I am sick, and I am tired of billlllly Kidman. So Billy boy, you better be listening, because I'm going to make this short, and I'm going to make this sweet. Tonight, I'm going to take you, and that little tramp that's running around with you, and I'm going to make you wish you never got involved in my business. I can't stand people like you who get involved in MY, MY , MYYYYYYYYYY Personal life. Tonight, we may be in a tag team wrestling match, but one of us is going to leave as if they were just in a car wreck."

<o:76%>

Torrie/Billy Kidman vs Maria/Matt Hardy in mixed tag action

This one is fairly simple, only the guys can wrestle the guys, and the girls can wrestle the girls. Torrie wanted to start this one out, but as soon as Maria obliged in got in the ring, she ran to Kidman, so the guy's started this one. And for much of the match, it was the guys. But following a swinging neckbreaker, Hardy tagged in Maria, which meant Torrie HAD to fight Maria. Right as Torrie got in the ring, Maria speared her, taking her to the ground. The two rolled around on the ground for a little while before eventually going to the outside. Billy and Matt went at it in the ring, but the ending saw Matt come away victorious after a Twist of Fate. Torrie screamed from the ramp as Maria made her way back in the ring, celebrating with Matt Hardy, as the two seemed to be awfully flirtatious around each other.

WINNERS: MATT HARDY AND MARIA

<M:41% C:72% O:62% Torrie Wilson lost overness from this match. Matt Hardy gained overness from this match. Maria Kanellis gained overness from this match. >

As Matt and Maria come up the ramp, Eric Bischoff's music hit. He comes out and gives Maria the staredown, admiring her

beauty, she seemed creeped out. Eric begans to speak.

Eric: "As you can see, we only have one announcer and no color commentator. Why you ask? Because Kanyon is no longer with this company. It's not that he's fired, I would never fire talent like Kanyon given the wrestling war between us and other promotions, but he decided he needed some time to sort through personal problems. And maybe you're asking "Well, Ernest Miller did a good job at the PPV, why isn't he out here? Well, That freak Whiskey Marc destroyed him last week. He's not going to be with us for quite some time, if at all. After getting demolished, he was rushed to the hospital, and now has numerous internal injuries. So with that, I have found a suitable replacement that I have hired! I'd like to bring him out right now"

Coach's music hits and out comes the Coach to numerous boo's.

Meltzer: "Coach is suppose to be fired!"

Coach: "Ah, thank you Eric. I'm glad you didn't let the travesty of me being fired take place. It would be a shame if WCW lost such priceless talent like myself. You know, I could have went to E...C..."

GLASS SHATTERS!  Out comes Stone Cold. He stares directly at Eric and Coach.

Austin: "So, this is how's it's going to be Eric? Everytime I make a decision, you reverse it? I fired that man that'sstanding right next to you. I don't give a damn who's the color commentator. Ah hell, I'll be color commentator. It's not that hard Eric. Well, Answer me ya dumb son of a bitch"

Eric: "Stone Cold, you may be my commissioner, which I might add, I never wanted. But around here, I have the final say in ALL matters. This is my company Steve, not yours. Coach, you may have a seat at the commentators desk."

Coach leaves the confrontation and joins Meltzer.

Eric: "You will not be firing any of my talent. Is that understood?"

Austin: "Stone Cold Steve Austin doesn't follow directions well Eric. Stone Cold doesn't respond to anyone's threats, unless you're looking for a fight. Are you looking for a fight Eric?"

<O:79% Steve Austin lost overness from this segment. >

Chris Benoit's music hit and out comes out the Crippler.

Benoit: "I'm looking for a fight tonight. More importantly, my shot at the United States title. So what's it going to be Eric? I won that battle royal, when do I get my match?

Eric: "Well, Chris, I'm going to go ahead and reverse another one of Stone Cold's decisions.."

Stone Cold looks furious at Eric Bischoff

Eric: "Tonight, instead of a 3 way for the WCW US title, it will be a four way! Chris Benoit, RAVEN, Booker T and Scott Steiner in a 4 way No disqualification match!"

The crowd cheers as Benoit smiles as he walks to the back a happy man.

Eric: "And that's the bottom line, Because Eric Bischoff Said SO!"

Eric's music hit as Austin is left at the top of the ramp, both angry and dumbfounded.

<O:86%>

WHISKEY MARC VS Al Snow/Steve Blackman

Whiskey makes his way to the ring to serious heat, the crowd is really giving it to him. Headcheese come out to a small pop, they're still a relatively new team, despite their past history. This match was made by Eric Bischoff as punishment to Whiskey for what he did to Cat last week.But unfortunately, it wasn't punishment, it turned into an all out slaughter. Whiskey was both unphased and dominant in this match, as he took out the tag team in only a matter of minutes, 3 minutes to be exact. Whiskey took quite a few blows, but when head cheese went for a double clothesline, Whiskey Ducked it, only to lay them both flat with running running fists to the face. The ending of this one saw Whiskey Powerbomb Al Snow, deliver a brain buster to Blackman, who landed on snow, and then finally, Whiskey hit the Broken Beer Bottle Splash onto both of them for the 1-2-3. After the match though, he wasn't finished. He picked up Al Snow and put him in a Tazmission like submission hold. But instead of falling to the ground with him, he lunged him backwards, like a german suplex, but with the submission still held on. After that, He left the ring, as Blackman signaled for help for his partner.

WINNER: Whiskey Marc

<M:76% C:59% O:67% Steve Blackman lost overness from this match.  >

Backstage now, Mean Gene is seen knocking on Hulk Hogan's dressing room door. There's no answer. That's weird, he's scheduled for an interview right about now. Mean Gene opens the door, but is frightened by what he sees. Hulk Hogan has been laid out and is lying on the ground, unconscience!! Mean gene yells for help with the horrific scene in the locker room. EMT's come in and the cameras keep rolling as they tend to Hulk Hogan. This continues for about 3 minutes, before we hear "We have to get him to a hospital, cut those cameras" and the camera's cut to commercial in a shocking scene.

<O:97%>

Second City saints and Blackout vs Hurricane/Mikey Whipwreck and Air Raid

So we have 4 vs 4 TAG match, meaning 1 pin fall wins it. This match was pretty much off the wall, with action everywhere. The ref lost order within the first few seconds and from there, all hell broke loose. In the end, Birchall and Air Paris battled

on the outside with Cabana and Sabian, while in the ring, CM punk was sitting up top as Whipwreck was attempting a superplex

of some sort. At the same time, Ruckus hit a springboard back elbow on Hurricane as CM got an eye rake in on whipwreck and PEPSI PLUNGE!!!!!!!

Meltzer: "MY GOD WHAT A MOVE!"

This one's over, 1-2-3 as CM Punk is gaining notoriaty in WCW, and in a hurry!

WINNERS: Colt Cabana, Ruckus, Sabian and CM PUNK

<M:82% C:50% O:66% >

Backstage, Maria is standing by with Big Poppa Pump, who has Vito at his side.

Maria: "Scott, tonight you've got to defend your title against 3 guys.."

Steiner: "Don't you think I know that Maria? The deck is always stacked against the genetic freak Scott Steiner. So now I've got to defend my title against 3 guys who aren't exactly slouches. You've got Chris Benoit, who could tear one of my arms out of it's socket... and who would want to see that? Then you've got Raven, a man who feels no pain whatsoever. Finally, you've got Booker T. Yes, Booker T. let me tell you something about Booker T. I HATE BOOKER T. I hate his cocky attitude, I hate his spinaroonie, I hate everything about him. And last week, he acts like he did me a favor in costing Raven the US Title. Big Poppa Pump needs no help, doesn't want any help, and tonight, is gonna go out there and beat the hell out of anyone who tries to take my title.

<O:85%>

Meltzer: "It's main even time!!"

Raven comes out first to a series of Boo's. He's really been gaining heat since debuting, despite not saying much. Next out is Benoit, who is VERY over with the crowd, as this is his first match back from injury. Booker comes out to a decent pop, not quite as big as Benoit's, but still a crowd favorite none the less. Finally, the champ comes out with Vito at his side. No one is very impressed by either of them, as the fact that they're bischoff's goons is really hurting their image.

CHRIS BENOIT VS RAVEN VS BOOKER T VS SCOTT STEINER, elimination match for the US Title.

This is an elimination match. This match was pretty good, at least the crowd was into it. Raven was the first one eliminated, as Booker managed to get off a scissor kick, and then Benoit made Raven tap via Crossface as Steiner took to Booker before he could cover. Next eliminated was Benoit, who was unfairly eliminated after Vito held his feet when steiner pinned following a shoulder block. This got HUGE heat from the crowd, as Benoit was screwed out of his shot.

So we're down to Book and Steiner.. gee.. how'd that happen? They battle for a couple minutes, neither getting a real advantage. Irish whip from steiner on book, book ducks the clothesline, MAFIA KICK, HE CAUGHT THE REF! The ref is down and here comes vito from behind with a clothesline. The two double team Book with the ref out as the fans boo tremendously. Steiner gets on the second rope as Vito hands Book to steiner... POWERBOMB! Vito awakens the ref and slides out of the ring as he counts the 1-2-3. Steiner cheated his way through this one. But HERE COMES BENOIT, back in the ring. Steiner tries to clothesline. CROSSFACE!!! Benoit has the crossface locked in and won't let go. Vito to make the save... Spinning heel kick by Book. Benoit isn't letting go as book gets a chair.Just as Vito's getting back up, Book SLAMS him in the back with the chair and he goes rolling out of the ring. Benoit whips Steiner to book, CHAIRSHOT! Steiner is layed out. Book looks at Benoit and nods in agreement. They were both screwed tonight, and they made Vito and Steiner pay for the cheap win. Book and Benoit stand in the ring over a fallen Steiner as we fade out.

Winner: Scott Steiner

<M:79% C:86% O:83% >

Show quality: 76%

user posted image

Source: NODQ.COM

August 9th, 2005

Correction from last week:

We here at NODQ.com would like to extend an apology to all wrestling fans for stating that NWA tna's show, Impact! did not air last week. We overlooked the fact that they had already fallen to a national level, so their ratings did not make it into our inbox! All is fixed, and we now receive their weekly ratings starting next week.

Weekly ratings down this week!

Here are this week's ratings, which are down significantly from last week's. WWE wins the monday night war again, with WCW still hot on their trail.

Primetime:

WCW: 5.85

ECW: 5.47

TNA: N/A

Latenight:

WWE: 6.05

Kanyon Checks into rehab

Sources are saying that Chris Kanyon has left WCW while still under contract to enter rehab to kick an on-going drug problem. There is no timetable for his return. We wish him the best of luck.

WCW Booking team facing problems

It is being reported that because the deal with USA TV for a second WCW did not fall through, the WCW booking team is having a hard time making time for their talent, while still developing their story lines. This is one of the main reason's why Eric Bischoff declared this "special months" and that each show is featuring a battle royal, in order to get wrestlers air time. However, the battle royals have been exciting and the crowds have been into them.

To: Employees, Staff and All wrestling personal

Date: August 12th, 2005

RE: Status of World Championship Wrestling

Hello All,

Recently, there have been a few rumors floating around the internet regarding the WCW - USA Television deal that fell through. I'd like to address these rumors by saying that the agreement with USA was not accomplished due to a mutual agreement. There are rumors that say that USA was not interested in our product, but rather, our competitors product. Those rumors are in fact false, as the deal was only one signature away from being a done deal.

As far as WCW's second show goes, I guarantee that by September 1st, 2005, WCW will in fact have a second show on national television. Ultimately, it is our goal to compete with the WWE on Thursdays. However, it is my understanding from the board of directors that that may not be the best decision as of right now. This does not mean that we feel we couldn't compete with WWE. It just means that from a business standpoint, that may not be the best option.

Also, many of you are questioning our status with ECW. We are at war with this company. Currently, neither promotion is ahead of one another. I've misjudged Paul Heyman and have concluded that ECW may not be as easy to kill this time. Unlike last time, we cannot steal their talent, due to contracts. Also, ECW is now more popular then ever given the huge push it received in WWE in June.

Finally, I'd like to say we are a very solid financial company and continue to make a lot of money each week. WCW will always ensure that it can cover it's overhead costs before making financial decisions that could impact the company, whether it be signings, tv deals, sponsorship deals, etc. In return for our guaranteed financial security, we ask our on-air wrestlers and personality to refrain from any incidents involving moral. Moral is something that is very important to us here at WCW, and while it's impossible to fit a roster of 55 guys into a 2 hour weekly show, we try out best to get everyone airtime.

Thank you, we look forward to a bright future in the wrestling business and a bright future in working with each and every one of you.

With Regards,

~ Eric Bischoff

user posted image

WCW.COM Nitro Preview

Sunday, August 14th, 2005

He's back! Chris Jericho is fresh off of suspension! What will he do? What will he say? Better question, will Hogan be in the house and did Jericho have anything to do with his attack last week?!

Last week, Scott Steiner cheated his way through what surely should have been his last night as US Champion, as he survived Booker T, Raven and Chris Benoit in a 4 way elimination match. You have wonder how Booker will respond to being screwed out of the title yet again! CM Punk has a tough challenge this week in the form of Booker T, you have to bet Scott Steiner will be watching this one closely!

WCW Commissioner Steve Austin will be in the house. Eric Bischoff, however, will not be in the house! Because of his absence, Bischoff has made it clear, if Steve Austin uses his commissionary powers in any sort of way, Austin will be stripped of his commissioner title. How will Austin respond?

Also on the card:

Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak battle Hurricane and Mikey Whipwreck

Bischoff's 3rd of 4 20 man battle royals, the winner gets a shot at the title of his choice!

Billy Kidman takes on Sonny Siaki

and a lot more!!

WCW Nitro

August 15th, 2005

<=:=><=:=> Intro video and Pyro<=:=><=:=>

Meltzer: "Hello everyone and welcome to Nitro as we get set for what should be a spectacular show"

Coach: "You said it Meltzer, this one's shaping up to be great"

"CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKAAAAA"

And out comes out Booker T as he's clearly frustated and has something on his mind.

Booker: "Yo yo, Lemme holla atcha dog. Scott Steiner, last week, LAST WEEK, you yet again weaseled your way out of defeat. Worst of all, I find out that the only way the booka man gets a shot at your title, is if I win the battle royal tonight, cause yo punk ass won't accept my rematch. But that's alright, that's alright, if you wanna be a chumpstain champion, that's cool dawg, that's cool. Cause tonight, the bookaman is gonna win that battle royal tonight, and when I do, I'm coing for yo ass Steiner, and there aint a damn thing you..."

Steiner is behind book... he came from the crowd. He's holding the US Title. Book turns around, Steiner goes to lay him out...but Booker ducks... Side kick!! Steiner is down and now Booker is holding the US title. Steiner slow to his feet..BAM, He's back down, as Steiner is down and Book is holding the US Title following that horrific, yet well deserved shot to the face with the title. Book's music his and he stands over Steiner and holds the title up in the air. Afterwards, he leaves with the title.

<O:91% Booker T gained overness from this segment. Scott Steiner gained overness from this segment. >

<=:=><=:=> Commercial break, then replays of book's shot on steiner <=:=><=:=>

Hurricane and Mikey Whipwreck vs Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak

This was a VERY good match. Jindrak and O'Haire stuck to heel tag team tactics, by keeping Whipwreck in their corner for quite a long time, not making tags, and almost getting DQ'd a number of times. In the end, Hurricane went for the Shining wizard, but O'Haire caught the leg and flipped Hurricane, who did a backflip only to get nailed by a HUGE spin kick by O'Haire as Jindrak got the better of Whipwreck on the outside. O'Haire gets the pin for the 3 count.

After the match, as O'haire and Jindrak made their way up the ramp, Whiskey Marc's music hit and out came out the ex-prisoner...he gave O'Haire and Jindrak the stairdown before heading to the ring. Inside the ring, Hurricane is just now getting to his feet, but Whiskey demolishes him with a huge clothesline that took him inside out. Whipwreck is still out on the outside. Marc picks him up...WHISKEY BUSTER, Hurricane is lifeless on the canvas. Whiskey grabs a microphone.

Whiskey Marc: "Hurricane, I remember what you did to me at bash at the beach. You thought you could be Mr. Hero and save Andrew Martin. Well that didn't happen, did it? So here's fair warning. At Road Wild, I want you and I want your little bitch of a friend, in any kind of a match."

Whiskey throws down the microphone and gives a final kick to the back for good measure.

Winners: Marc Jindrak and Sean O' Haire

<M:91% C:69% O:80%>

Backstage, we see Chris Benoit reading a copy of the new issue of WCW Magazine. Eddie Guerrero walks up, but Benoit pays no attention.

Eddie: "So, you're reading my interview in there holmes? It's pretty good essay."

Benoit: "No, I'm not. I'm reading about how Hulk Hogan defeated that punk Chris Jericho a month ago."

Eddie: "Hulk Hogan? Hulk Hogan? He's washed up, he's finished, read about the best wrestler in the company holmes..Eddie Guueeerero. "

Benoit: "Let me tell you something. Hulk Hogan isn't washed up. He's still going holmes, he's the world champ, you better show some respect. And as far as the best wrestler in the company goes...why don't you put that title and your curiserweight title on the line in a match against me tonight Eddie... if you think you're soooo good, essay."

Eddie: "You want a shot at eddie guerrero? You got your shot amigo. Just don't go crying to the writers of your precious, "WCW MAGAZINE" when I pin you 1-2-3."

Eddie Walks off as Benoit goes back to reading the mag.

<O:75% Chris Benoit lost overness from this segment. Eddie Guerrero lost overness from this segment. (OOF?!)>

20 MAN OVER THE TOP BATTLE ROYAL (Winner gets a shot at any time he wants.)

glass shatters! Out comes Austin. Austin makes his way to the ring to a thunderous ovation.

Austin: "I came out here, to watch some bastards throw each other out of this ring, and drink some beer... and I've got the beer.. so let's get the bastards out here!"

ORDER OF ELIMINATION

1.  Lenny (Siaki)

2.  Air Paris (Fleisch)

3.  Eric Angle (Raven)

4.  Mikey Whipwreck  (O'Haire/Jindrak)

5.  Big Vito (Cabana)

6.  Colt Cabana (O'Haire)

7.  Sabian (Booker T)

8.  Sonny Siaki (Ruckus)

9.  Ultimo Dragon (Ruckus)

10. Jody Fleisch  (Booker T)

11. Paul Birchall (Jindrak)

12. Lodi  (Leroux)

13. Lash Leroux (Booker T)

14. Ruckus (O'Haire/Jindrak)

15. Sexxy Eddie  (O'Haire/Jindrak)

16. Mark Jindrak  (Booker T)

17. Sean O' Haire (Raven)

18. Rey Mysterio  (Raven)

19. Booker T/Raven

With Stone Cold at ringside, watching the action, O'Haire and Jindrak worked as a team in this battle royal, they've really began to develop a liking for these matches. In the end though, it came down to Booker T and Raven. The two battled for a few minutes. Raven hit the Evenflow DDT, which put Book out on his feet, reeling against the ropes. When Raven Went for a clothesline, they both tumbled to the outside, hitting their feet on the floor at the EXACT same time. They both argued as to who won, and refs raised both of their hands.

Austin: "Well, it looks as though we have a conflict of interest. Both of ya bastards eliminated each other. Now I'm gonna have to go ahead and say that BOOKER T won the match... *big crowd pop* ...but since Eric Bischoff isn't here, and told me if I make any decisions, I'll be stripped of my commissioner's title, I just can't do that... *crowd boo's* .. So I guess what I'm saying is, you two can both go to hell as far as I'm concerned, and Eric can deal with this mess next week."

Austin Kicks book in the stomach, STUNNER! He gets up, Kick to raven, STUNNER! Stone Cold laid out both men and poses on all four turnbuckles as his music plays.

WINNER: ???? BOOKER T and Raven ??????

<M:72% C:59% O:65%>

Jericho is standing by with Mean Gene.

Gene: "Chris Jer..."

Jericho: "Yes yes yes, Chris Jericho, WCW's #1 bad boy, is back. Miss me assclowns? I don't know if any of you saw, but Nitro's ratings...wooo..way down without the highlight of the night. That'll teach bischoff to suspend me. Anyways, last week, Hogan decided to spread his BS Gospel on the world. And what I fail to realize is How in the hell you people don't fall asleep. I had to Tivo his speech last week, fell asleep right after I made the popcorn I tell ya. Anytime that guy gets a microphone, I nod right off. Entertaining, please. I'd like to see Hogan entertain a crowd like the ayatollah. He couldn't last 1 song at a Fozzy concert. Not that he's welcome there or anything. The last time we played Talahausee, Hogan brought his daughter to my show... true story. She's a biggggggggg Jerichoholic. Oh and for the record...gimme a call in a couple years doll, we'll make some highlight reels together.

The crowd Boo's HARD at Jericho's last rant..

Jericho: "And then we got the big question, who attacked Hulk, will he be here tonight? All the internet nerds can't stop typing, so let me shut them up. No, Hulk Hogan won't be here, he's too busy being spoonfed in some random hospital along with Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Kevin Nash and the rest of the Wheelchair World Order. Funny how that works out eh? Let's face it, the man can't stand toe to toe with Chris Jericho. No one in this company can, which is why.. I don't have a match tonight. But that's alright, I got a Fozzy concert in a couple hours, so all you assclowns can kiss my ass."

<O:100%>

Meltzer: "This one is going to be a real fast paced match"

Coach: "Isn't Chris Jericho great?"

Meltzer: "He's definitely a phenominal athlete, a bit too egotistical though"

Coach: "When you got the skills to pay the bills, you can say whatever you want meltzer! It's Great"

Meltzer: "Yeah, that's not what you were telling Kanyon when he was around"

Coach: "Shut up Meltzer, that chump aint got nuthin on the coach!"

Sonny Siaki vs Billy Kidman

Siaki came out to a huge ovation.. it's a shame they're not using him more. Like Meltzer said, this match was quite the high flying spectacle. Kidman almost had the upset early, but he missed the shooting star, which got a "Holy Shit" chant from the crowd. Near the end of that match, Kidman had regained control and it looked like it was over, But MATT HARDY came running down to the ring with Maria.. Maria distracted the ref by planting a big kiss on him, while matt hardy hit a TWIST OF FATE! Siaki covers Kidman for the 1-2-3.

Winner: Sonny Siaki

<M:76% C:67% O:71%>

After the match, Matt Hardy is continuing the assault on Kidman. He climbs to the second rope... HE MISSES WITH THE LEGDROP..Kidman on his feet.. kick to the midsection... TWIST OF FATE!!!!! Hardy is down, and Kidman laughs as he leaves, while Maria checks on her man.

<O:72%>

CM Punk Vs Booker T

CM comes out to a mixed reaction, the crowd is split. Despite CM's heel like antics, they respect the hell out of him as a wrestler, which is definitely a good thing. Book comes out to the usual reaction... but what's this.. he still has the US TITLE! Steiner has to be furious.

Book took control of this match, as he has the height and weight advantage here. But CM didn't just lay down the whole match and go through the normal motions, he pulled out a couple fantastic moves in a double underhook backbreaker and a springboard reverse neckbreaker which got a huge pop. In the middle of the match, Steiner and Vito came out and watched, which distracted booker enough to almost lose. In the end, Steiner retrieved his US Title and Bashed Book in the head as the ref didn't see, which lead to a CM Roll up for the 1-2-3. After the match, CM Extended a handshake, and Book accepted, as CM explained to Book that he didn't want to win via the interference, a good show of sportsmanship.

WINNER: CM PUNK

<M:84% C:87% O:86% Booker T lost overness from this match. CM Punk lost overness from this match. ("What?! this isn't ROH? :-( )>

Austin appears on the titantron.

Austin: "Stone Cold figured he'd take this time to address an ongoing problem. See, it's situations like these where Stone Cold would like to take his boot and stick it straight up Scott Steiner and Vito's ass. But thanks to that bastard Eric Bischoff, Stone Cold can't do that. As commish, Stone Cold has limited authority as to what he can actually do, and that PISSES ME OFF. Eric Bischoff, next week, your gonna march your little ass into that ring, and next week, You're gonna face Stone Cold man to man, and if you can't tell Stone Cold to his face why you insist on not letting Stone Cold do his job, Stone Cold's gonna stomp a mudhole in your ass. And after I'm done, I'm gonna get on my little cell phone, call up the big son bitch Vince Mcmahon, and tell him exactly what I think of Eric Bischoff and WCW."

The crowd cheers as we go to commercial.

<o:86%>

Eddie Guerrero© vs Chris Benoit for the WCW Cruiserweight championship

Coach: "This one's gonna be a show stealer"

Meltzer: "You can say that again!"

Coach: "Uh no thanks, but I will say this, WCW Nitro is brought to you in part by.. yada yada yada"

Chris Benoit comes out first to a fairly loud ovation, the fans love this guy. Eddie come out next to thunderous boo's, they obviously didn't like him dissing on Hulk Hogan earlier. What a match this was, unlike their bout at ECW One Night Stand a couple months ago. Eddie was a lot more agressive in this match, hitting a barage of aerial moves, while Benoit went for the submission style, working the shoulder and neck the whole match. This one was shaping up for match of the year candicy as it hit the 12 minute mark. The ref goes down after getting squished in the corner following an Benoit Irish whip to Guerrero. With the ref out, Jericho comes running down from the back, steel chair in hand. he gets in the ring, swings, misses benoit.. but Benoit hooks him up..CROSSFACE!!! Eddie Climbs the top turnbuckle...FROGSPLASH onto Benoit. Eddie goes for the cover, but there's no ref. He picks up the chair and goes for a shot to Benoit's back...benoit trips him up, CROSSFACE! Eddie's tapping but the ref is still out.. JERICHO with a chairshot to Benoit's back, and another to his front. Eddie covers him as Jericho revives the ref. The ref is up with the slow count... 1......2......3. The bell sounds and Guerrero is victorious.

After the match, Jericho is stomping away on Benoit as Guerrero recovers. Eddie with a springboard backsplash. Eddie drags him the center of the ring...Here goes Jericho.. LIONSAULT! Now here comes eddie, who straps on the Lasso from El Passo

Meltzer: "Damnit, he's had enough, will someone stop this damn beating!"

Hogan comes running down to the ring as the crowd goes wild, as no one expected him to be here. He gets in the ring and charges towards Eddie, but Jericho catches him before he makes it. Double leg takedown, WALLS OF JERICHO!!! Eddie has the lasso strapped in on Benoit, Y2J has the walls on Hogan, neither are letting go!

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero

<M:100% C:86% O:93%>

Jericho finally lets go and goes for the chair. Eddie Releases the hold on Benoit and Holds Hogan.. FLYING CHAIR SHOT FROM JERICHO!! Benoit is back on his feet! SICKENING chair shot from Jericho. Y2J and Eddie Guerrero stand in the middle of the ring and shake hands. Hogan and Benoit are busted wide open. Y2J has a mic now.

Jericho: "Alright you assclowns, you want confessions, you'lle get confessions. Eddie, why don't you tell these people a little story."

Eddie: "Last week... Chris Jericho gave me a call and asked if I could do something for him...and I did it holmes.. I did it very vell. Last week.. I was the one who took Hogan out. I was the one who put the immortal icon in the hospital. These two, these, these, vato's think they're tough. Benoit, you aint nothing. And you, Hollywood Hulk Hogan...you aren't worth your weight in SHIT holmes"

Meltzer: "He can't say that!"

Coach: "That's a $50,000 fine!!!"

Meltzer: "Those sons of bitches"

Coach: "You can't say that"

Meltzer: "The Hell I cant"

Eddie's music hit as Jericho and Eddie shake hands, leaving Benoit and Hogan in the ring down and out.

<o:90%>

Show quality: 81%

Edited by Disengager

user posted image

Source: Nodq.com

August 16th, 2005

Ratings dip yet again

Even the return of Chris Jericho couldn't bring Nitro's ratings up, as all shows saw yet another small dip in their ratings. While WWE came out on top, nothing seems stable.

Primetime:

WCW - 5.84

ECW -  5.45

TNA - 3.11

Latenight:

WWE - 6.03

WCW Signs new talent

WCW has signed two new workers, yet details have not been announced as to who they are. We expect to see these two debut soon.

Stacey Keibler contract issues

WCW is having a hard time coming to an agreement on a contract with Stacey Keibler, who only has 1 full month left on her contract. Further, WCW creative control is having a hard time finding a role for Stacey in the already packed Nitro.

Bischoff-Heyman Phonecall

August 17th, 2005

Bischoff: "Alright Heyman, I got your message, what did you want?"

Heyman: "Sooo.. Eric.. how's the wife and kids?"

Bischoff: "Cut the small talk Paul."

Heyman: "What.... I can't care about what's going on in a competitors life?"

Bischoff: "Enough crap Heyman, why did you call?"

Heyman: "Oh, nothing really, except HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY TALENT! ERIC BISCHOFF, BACK TO HIS OLD ANTICS EH?"

Bischoff: "Hey, don't worry, you're not the only guy I've stolen from in the last week, and you certainly won't be the only guy I'll have stolen from in the coming months."

Heyman: "Eric, you can't win anything without buying your way out of it. But we both damn sure know that Vince is looming overhead. You can't buy him out, and you damn sure can't buy ECW out, you son of a bitch."

Bischoff: "Hey, it's not my fault your talent just DOESN'T LIKE YOU. Everyone knows what Paul Heyman is all about. Keep his top guys happy while still bringing in new talent, ignoring the middle man"

Heyman: "You know that's a god damn lie Eric"

Bischoff: "just like everything that comes out of your mouth"

Heyman: "You know what...if you want to steal talent, that's just fine. Go ahead, I don't care, take whoever you want. The fans won't blame ECW, they'll blame the wrestlers who took your payoff. Guys in ECW are replaceable Eric, just remember that.

*click*

user posted image

WCW.COM Nitro Preview

Sunday, August 21st, 2005

We're on the Road to Road Wild as it's just 7 days away! So far, the only confirmed match we have is Whiskey Marc vs Hurricane/Whipwreck... so look for the Road Wild card to start filling out.

Last week, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho left Hulk Hogan and Chris Benoit bloodied and battered. Eddie and Jericho have formed a DEADLY alliance against Hulk Hogan apparently, and Chris Benoit is obviously sickened by the lack of respect.

Raven and Booker T both went over the top rope at the exact same time in our battle Royal last week. How will Eric handle the matter? Who will get the title shot and at which? This one's bound to get interesting..

Matt Hardy and Billy Kidman have been in each other's faces for the last month or so, expect that to continue in some form. Especially given that Matt Hardy has a match this week against CM Punk, who's been on a roll as of late!

Steve Austin said last week on Nitro that he was going to CALL OUT the boss, Eric Bischoff... this one should be interesting.

Also on the card...

The Final 20 man battle royal in Eric Bischoff's invitational

Also In the house: Whiskey Marc, Scott Steiner, Stacey Keibler