WWE 2005

alldaws1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo.

I don't like Holly going to Raw...with the one pick a week thing, I think you have to make it big picks with Main Eventers, Upper Mid-Carders or Midcarders that have made atleast an impact. Makes the way of it being once a week worth the while.

Other then that, pretty good show. Vengance is shaping up to be pretty good...Hassan vs. Shelton, Batista vs. HHH and Jericho vs. Guerrero will be added soon enough :P

Hardcore Holly was somewhat of a shock to me, though it won't be much impact.  This is a good diary and I'll be reading this one for awhile..keep up the good work (Y)

Boo.

I don't like Holly going to Raw...with the one pick a week thing, I think you have to make it big picks with Main Eventers, Upper Mid-Carders or Midcarders that have made atleast an impact. Makes the way of it being once a week worth the while.

Other then that, pretty good show. Vengance is shaping up to be pretty good...Hassan vs. Shelton, Batista vs. HHH and Jericho vs. Guerrero will be added soon enough :P

Thanks for the comments. And who says Hardcore Holly won't be the next World Heavyweight Champion? :P

user posted image

WWE Smackdown! Preview

June 16th, 2005

The 2005 Draft Lottery continues this week. Last week Smackdown! acquired a HUGE star in The Rock. Charlie Haas will be hoping for somebody he can tag with, seeing as Hardcore Holly was drafted to RAW a few days ago.

The Rock and JBL verbally clashed last week and will meet in the ring in this week's main event.

John Cena will not be in action due to the amount of blood he lost last week. He is expected to make an appearance, though.

Hardcore Holly's departure to RAW, via the Draft Lottery, has left Charlie Haas without a tag team partner. We'll see what Theodore Long makes of the situation, because Smackdown! needs some contenders for those WWE Tag Team titles.

Big Show will be going one-on-one with Matt Morgan this week. Morgan will be out for revenge after being Chokeslammed last week by Show.

After the events between Booker T, Kurt Angle and Sharmell last week, things seem far from over between them. We'll see what happens this week on Smackdown!

Confirmed Matches:

The Rock vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

Big Show vs. Matt Morgan

Guest ClearTheBong

Wow, this diary is good. I really like your writing style and I think you are doing a good job at setting up future storylines. I hope Shelton does go to Smackdown though, as I believe it will give him more of a chance to be in the Main Event. Good luck with this, I will be reading for sure.

user posted image

WWE Smackdown!

June 16th, 2005

---------------------------------------------------

WWE Smackdown!

Show Level: Flagship

Length: 2 Hours

Time Slot: 8:00pm

TV Network: UPN

Brand: Smackdown!

Tonight's Location: Michigan

Affluence: 36.9%

Interested Population: 43,000

Casual Fans: 32,809

Hardcore Fans: 2,334

Pure Fans: 163

Old School Fans: 2,089

MMA Fans: 744

Womens Fans: 662

Popularity: 76.6%

Segment 1: Angle Versus Draftee #2

(7 Minutes)

Kurt Angle made his way out to the ring to start off the show. He talked to the crowd about last week's match where he made Booker T tap out and nearly got his way with Sharmell. He said he would soon get his way with Booker T's wife and there was nothing Booker could do to stop him. Theodore Long then came out and told Angle that he had just made Smackdown!'s second pick in the Draft Lottery. Angle interrupted, saying he didn't care who it was because no-one is better than Kurt Angle. Long put that theory to the test, saying that if that were true, Angle should be able to beat anybody who walked through that curtain. Kurt said he could and he would. Long said the match would take place then and there. He then introduced the second Smackdown! draftee, somebody who had been out of action for quite a while, but was returning to action - Lance Storm.

Overall = 79.4%

Segment 2: Lance Storm vs. Kurt Angle

(14 Minutes)

Lance Storm was met by loud cheers from the crowd as he made his way to the ring. He took the early advantage, sending Angle out of the ring with a nice dropkick. Angle gained the upper hand on the outside, though, reversing an Irish whip and sending Storm into the steel steps. Back in the ring, Angle wore Storm down with a body scissors. Storm battled back using numerous moves, including a monkey flip. Storm then took out Kurt with a superkick, but only got 2. Storm then went to the top rope, looking for a spinning wheel kick. Angle ducked the move, and Storm got the referee instead. As Storm viewed the damage and tried to revive the referee, Angle came from behind and delivered the Angle Slam. Storm was then put in the Ankle Lock. Booker T's wife Sharmell then made her way out to ringside, attracting Angle's attention. Kurt left Storm and walked across the ring, making gestures towards Sharmell. He didn't see Booker T come through the crowd. Booker laid out Angle with the Book End and then a Scissors Kick. Booker exited the ring and Storm crawled into the cover as the referee came to. A 3 count later and Storm's arm was raised in the air by the referee.

Winner: Lance Storm

Match Reaction = 77.2%

Match Quality = 74.5%

Overall Rating = 83.9%

Segment 3: Haas And...

(4 Minutes)

Charlie Haas was in Theodore Long's office backstage, telling Long that he still wanted those Tag Team Titles... he just needed a new partner. Long said he'd sorted out a partner for Haas, but he only had a short time to sort one out, so until Haas could find a permanent partner himself, he'd have to team with anybody that Long could get. Haas agreed and then asked who his partner was to be tonight. Long told him it would be... Nunzio. Haas showed a look of disappointment and left Long's office.

Overall Rating = 68.1%

Segment 4: Sore Loser

(6 Minutes)

Backstage we saw Lance Storm walking back to his locker room, a look of triumph on his face. Then out of nowhere, Kurt Angle attacked, sending Storm to the floor with punches and kicks. Angle threw Storm around the backstage area, finishing the assault off with an Angle Slam into a pile of cardboard boxes. A close-up of Storm amongst the boxes ended the segment.

Overall Rating = 77.2%

Segment 5: WWE Tag Team Championship

Charlie Haas & Nunzio vs. MNM (Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro w/Melina)

(12 Minutes)

Nunzio tried to convince Haas he would be a good partner, but Haas wasn't buying it. Nunzio started off the match using his speed to out-pace Nitro, running him ragged around the ring. Nitro eventually caught up with him and beat him down viciously with some forearms. A double team ensued, Nunzio being taken to the mat with a double hip toss. Charlie Haas winced as Nunzio got beaten down by MNM. Nunzio eventually managed to battle out of MNM's corner, taking out both the tag team champions with a cross body. Haas got the tag and ran wild over MNM, destroying Nitro and Mercury with suplexes and slams. Haas sent Nitro over the top rope and then delivered a tiger suplex to Mercury for a 2 count. Nunzio tagged back in and attempted a double team with Haas. Nunzio hit a dropkick on Mercury, who staggered back into Haas, knocking him out of the ring. Nitro then came behind Nunzio, who was wiped out with the Snap Shot. Mercury made the cover for the 3.

MNM celebrated with the tag team titles after the match, laughing at the team of Nunzio and Haas. Haas left Nunzio in the ring, looking dejected.

Winners: MNM

Match Reaction = 68.3%

Match Quality = 70.0%

Overall Rating = 75.5%

Segment 6: Rappin' 'bout The Cabinet

(10 Minutes)

John Cena made his way out to the ring, WWE Title on his shoulder, much to the delight of the Michigan fans. Cena spoke for a few minutes about his match last week with The Rock, saying it was a thrilling match, but it ended in a 'crappy way'. Cena said he would very much like to have a rematch sometime in the future. He then turned his attention to The Cabinet, insulting them with a funny rap. The crowd loved Cena's words and joined in with his catchphrases.

Overall Rating = 80.8%

Segment 7: Big Ultimatum

(7 Minutes)

Carlito Caribbean Cool walked down to the ring, flanked by his 'big back-up' Matt Morgan. Carlito spoke ill of the Big Show, calling him a huge waste of space and saying that Show was far from being 'cool'. He then announced that if Big Show were to win against Matt Morgan in the next match, he could face Carlito next week on Smackdown!.

Overall Rating = 73.6%

Segment 8: Big Show vs. Matt Morgan

(8 Minutes)

Big Show headed to the ring, Carlito's words in his head. Show was focused, and he showed it by tearing Morgan apart in the first few minutes. Show hit Morgan with some loud chops and then took Carlito's back-up down with a big boot. Morgan battled back with some punches, but Show came back even stronger, lifting up Morgan for a devastating powerslam. Carlito had seen enough of Show's dominance and got up on the ring apron. Show stomped over to Carlito, trash-talking him. Carlito took a bite of his apple and spat it in Big Show's face. Show turned straight into an F5 by Morgan, which was enough for the 3 count.

After Matt Morgan was announced the winner, Carlito entered the ring and helped his back-up put the boots to Show. They then taunted the crowd before they left.

Winner: Matt Morgan

Match Reaction = 71.3%

Match Quality = 57.2%

Overall Rating = 49.4%

(Note: Neither worker was able to provide psychology, which hurt the match rating.)

Segment 9: Booker/Sharmell Interview

(5 Minutes)

Steve Romero was backstage, standing by with Booker T and Sharmell. Booker T told Kurt Angle that what happened to him tonight is what happens when you mess with Booker T and Sharmell. Booker then said that if Kurt Angle keeps bugging him and his wife, he's going to be taken out. Sharmell finished off the interview using Booker T's catchphrase 'Now can you dig that, sucka!?"

Overall Rating = 72.6%

Segment 10: Rey Mysterio vs. ???

(10 Minutes)

Rey Mysterio made his way out to the ring, and we were informed by Michael Cole that Mysterio's opponent tonight was unknown to Mysterio, themselves and the crowd. Psychosis then came out to a decent reaction from the crowd. He was wearing his mask. Tazz reminded us that Mysterio beat Psychosis at ECW One Night Stand, and Psychosis would probably want some payback. The two cruiserweights got us off to a very fast start with some classic luchadore moves. Mysterio stunned the crowd with a springboard moonsault to the outside onto Psychosis. Psychosis came back though, hitting Mysterio with a leg drop off of the security barrier. Psychosis took control in the ring and utilised a couple of snap suplexes. Mysterio reversed a powerbomb into a facebuster for a 2 count. Psychosis then drilled Mysterio with a head scissors takedown, following it up with a short powerbomb. Psychosis went for his patented Guillotine Leg Drop , but Mysterio moved and hit the 619 before finishing Psychosis off with the West Coast Pop.

Winner: Rey Mysterio

Match Reaction = 73.6%

Match Quality = 78.4%

Overall Rating = 76.9%

Segment 11: RAW Rebound

(4 Minutes)

The RAW Rebound then aired, showing Hardcore Holly being drafted to RAW and his defeat to Triple H. The Game and Ric Flair's quick exit due to the appearance of Batista was shown, as well as Batista's interview.

Overall Rating = 84.9%

Segment 12: An 'Extreme' Return

(5 Minutes)

A video was shown to hype The Dudley Boyz's upcoming return to WWE television. Footage of them in ECW and WWE was shown, including putting Rhyno through a flaming table at ECW One Night Stand. No date was set for their return, just the words 'Coming Soon' were shown.

Overall Rating = 70.6%

Segment 13: Main Event

The Rock vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

(12 Minutes)

JBL was accompanied to the ring by Orlando Jordan for the main event. Orlando tried to help JBL early on, but Rock pulled him into the ring and locked him in the Sharpshooter. JBL took the distraction to take control of the match, beating Rock down in the corner with punches and kicks. Rock reversed a rear chin lock into a back drop and then fought back. He clotheslined JBL twice in a row and then hit the spinebuster. Orlando got up on the apron again, but Rock quickly knocked him off. When he turned around, though, JBL stung him with the Clothesline From Hell. JBL was unable to capitalise. The two got to their feet and exchanged blows, Rock getting the better of the exchange and sending JBL over the top rope. JBL then simply walked away down the aisle with Orlando, having had enough. The referee counted him out, awarding the match to The Rock.

Winner: The Rock

Match Reaction = 88.2%

Match Quality = 73.6%

Overall Rating = 86.5%

Segment 14: Outnumbered

(4 Minutes)

The Rock wasn't satisfied and ran down the aisle after JBL. He began to brawl with him, but was quickly outnumbered as the Bashams appeared and forced Rock back to the ring. The Cabinet were beating Rock down when the crowd started to chant 'We Want Cena!'. Sure enough, moments later the WWE Champion John Cena ran out to help The Rock. The 4-on-2 was still too much to overcome, though, and Cena and Rock were beaten down by The Cabinet - both receiving Clotheslines From Hell. Smackdown! went off the air with The Cabinet standing tall over the beaten Rock and Cena.

Overall Rating = 74.5%

Smackdown! Rating: 64.0%

Attendance: 8,348

Guest ClearTheBong

I'm liking the debut of Psychosis, hopefully a feud with Mysterio goes down. Lance Storm returning is nothing but good news. I'm sort of shocked he was used this early as a pick, but I hope you can use him right. He could become a SD! staple if you execute this properly. I don't like JBL and I don't like him in the main event, but losing to The Rock is fine by me. A pretty good show, I can't wait for RAW.

user posted image

WWE Velocity Results

June 18th, 2005

Billy Kidman & Akio def. Scotty 2 Hotty & Shannon Moore

In a fast-paced tag team match, Billy Kidman got the pinfall with his feet on the ropes after the BK Bomb.

Match Reaction = 67.1%

Match Quality = 66.8%

Overall Rating = 73.5%

Heidenreich def. Chavo Guerrero

Chavo put up a tough fight and nearly came out with the 'W' after a tornado DDT, but Heidenreich got the 3 count after a Swinging Sidewalk Slam.

Match Reaction = 71.2%

Match Quality = 66.8%

Overall Rating = 67.0%

Charlie Haas def. Rene Dupree

In an entertaining match, Charlie Haas defeated Rene Dupree, forcing the French Phenom to tap out to the Haas Of Pain.

Match Reaction = 70.6%

Match Quality = 71.2%

Overall Rating = 71.8%

(Non-Title) Orlando Jordan def. Mark Jindrak

The United States Champion Orlando Jordan came out on top in this one, with the help of fellow Cabinet members The Bashams.

Match Reaction = 67.9%

Match Quality = 63.1%

Overall Rating = 69.3%

Velocity Rating: 74.0%

Attendance: 4,887

user posted image

Stratus Negotiations Taking Time

June 19th, 2005

Trish Stratus is still in contract negotiations with the WWE. Both sides had hoped to get the contract sorted out quickly, but that has not happened. If the negotiations drag on for much longer, the WWE Women's Title may be brought back to TV as being vacant.

TNA Stars Catch WWE's Eye

June 19th, 2005

The WWE are reportedly looking into some talent from NWA: Total Nonstop Action. Abyss, Monty Brown and Trytan are the suspected superstars attracting interest, obviously because of their size. We expect it to be just a few days until the WWE swoops in to try and sign one or more of these wrestlers. We'll keep you posted.

I liked Smackdown, I can see a big 3 way feud between JBL/Rock and Cena happening you just have to make either Rock or Cena somewhat of a tweener so it will be everyone for them selves rather then 2 faces vs. 1 heel.

Good show, hopefully we'll see some bigger picks next week.

Bringing in Monty Brown would be incredible. Hes got charisma and is a decent worker, I could see him doing something in this diary if you give him the chance.

Bringing in Lance Storm..CLASSIC. I was totally not expecting him to be in and I'm thrilled he got the win aswell. Can't wait to see who Raw gets and how the show goes.

user posted image

WWE Sunday Night Heat Results

June 19th, 2005

Tyson Tomko def. Stevie Richards

Tyson Tomko picked up the comfortable victory over Stevie Richards with a pumphandle slam.

Match Reaction = 65.1%

Match Quality = 63.2%

Overall Rating = 73.8%

Val Venis def. Khosrow Daivari w/Muhammad Hassan (via DQ)

Val Venis controlled most of the action, but was shoved off the corner post by Muhammad Hassan, giving Venis the DQ win. Hassan & Daivari put the boots to Venis, but were interrupted by Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin rocked Daivari with the T-Bone Suplex as Hassan got away.

Match Reaction = 68.4%

Match Quality = 73.4%

Overall Rating = 68.9%

William Regal & Tajiri def. Simon Dean & Maven

Tajiri picked up the win for his team after a Buzzsaw Kick on Maven. The Heart Throbs jumped Regal & Tajiri after the match, leaving them laid out.

Match Reaction = 68.2%

Match Quality = 71.8%

Overall Rating = 73.7%

The Hurricane w/Rosey, Stacy Keibler def. Kid Kash

Kid Kash made his WWE debut, suffering a defeat in a thrilling match to The Hurricane. Kash attacked Hurricane after the match, but Hurricane was saved by Rosey.

Match Reaction = 64.2%

Match Quality = 74.0%

Overall Rating = 72.1%

Sunday Night Heat Rating: 63.8%

Attendance: 5,489

You've got a decent little diary here alldawson. I am a big fan of WWE diaries when they are done right, and this while not being exactly how I would personally do it is a good little read so far. The shows are formatted differently, but are easy to read. Your writing itself is good too, which always brings up the quality of diaries.

Keep up the good work, I'll be checking back and continuing to keep my eye on this one. Vengeance is also shaping up nicely. Good job.

Good show, hopefully we'll see some bigger picks next week.

Thanks. Yeah, the picks weren't the biggest this week, the ante will be upped next week, though.

You've got a decent little diary here alldawson. I am a big fan of WWE diaries when they are done right, and this while not being exactly how I would personally do it is a good little read so far. The shows are formatted differently, but are easy to read. Your writing itself is good too, which always brings up the quality of diaries.

Keep up the good work, I'll be checking back and continuing to keep my eye on this one. Vengeance is also shaping up nicely. Good job.

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.

user posted image

WWE RAW Preview

June 20th, 2005

Vengeance will be just 6 days away when RAW comes to you this Monday. The Draft Lottery continues with RAW's third pick.

Speaking of picks, there's news about RAW's first two picks in the Draft Lottery. Hardcore Holly will not be on RAW this week, due to injuries sustained last week against Triple H. Eddie Guerrero will be in the house, though, and will be taking over the Highlight Reel! Chris Jericho is not expected to be at RAW thanks to Guerrero's assault on Y2J last week. Guerrero's guest will be Chris Benoit.

Batista and Triple H's Hell In A Cell match for the World Heavyweight Championship is merely days away now. Batista will be in action, as he takes on Edge while Triple H will serve as a guest commentator for the match.

Christy Hemme returns to RAW this week and is out for 'vengeance' on Victoria.

Don't miss RAW this week - just 6 days from Vengeance - it's sure to be explosive.

Confirmed Matches:

Batista vs. Edge w/Lita

Guest Prototype

Reading for the first time, and Im liking it so far. The first two draft picks were big. Surprised to see Storm back, but I guess the ECW PPV exposure is a good way to bring a few people back into the fold. Looking forward to Vengeance.

How did you get Rock as an active wrestler again?

How did you get Rock as an active wrestler again?

In TEW (the stats I have, anyway) Rock isn't retired or anything, and wasn't being pushed as anything. I asked him about his push and he said he wanted to be a main eventer. Voila.

Edited by alldawson

user posted image

WWE RAW

June 20th, 2005

WWE RAW

Show Level: Flagship

Length: 2 Hours

Time Slot: 9:00pm

TV Network: Spike TV

Brand: RAW

Tonight's Location: Nebraska

Affluence: 54.9%

Interested Population: 40,000

Casual Fans: 30,520

Hardcore Fans: 1,138

Pure Fans: 1,138

Old School Fans: 2,237

MMA Fans: 474

Womens Fans: 237

Popularity: 75.1%

Segment 1: RAW's Third Pick

(7 Minutes)

Eric Bischoff was in the ring as RAW came on the air. He got on the microphone telling us how good Vengeance was going to be. He then went over the confirmed matches for the pay-per-view; Batista versus Triple H, Shelton Benjamin versus Muhammad Hassan and Kane versus Edge. Bischoff then turned his attention to the draft lottery, saying that RAW had picked a future WWE Hall Of Famer from Smackdown!. He looked a bit edgy. The arena lights cut out, confusing everybody. The familiar gongs of The Undertaker then sounded, sending the crowd into a frenzy. The Undertaker then walked out through a cloud of smoke to an enormous reception from the fans. 'Taker made his way into the ring to face Bischoff, who looked pleased but afraid at the same time. Bischoff began to welcome Undertaker to RAW, but 'Taker snatched the microphone away. He then told Bischoff to 'Rest In Peace' before picking up the boss and giving him a Tombstone Piledriver.

Overall Rating = 83.0%

Segment 2: Temporary GM

(2 Minutes)

After a commercial break, we saw Eric Bischoff on a stretcher being seen to by medical staff. Jonathan Coachman came over and asked Bischoff if he was alright. Bischoff said he was not, and told Coach that he had to go to the hospital. Bischoff put The Coach in charge for the evening before being taken away.

Overall Rating = 73.6%

Segment 3: World Tag Team Titles #1 Contendership

William Regal & Tajiri vs. La Resistance vs. Simon System (Simon Dean & Maven) vs. The Heart Throbs

(15 Minutes)

The winners of this bout would book themselves a chance to wrestle for the World Tag Team Championship at Vengeance against current holders Rosey and The Hurricane. This was an elimination-style match. All four teams brawled in the ring to begin the match, but the referee eventually got things under control. The first elimination came at the 6 minute mark, with Sylvain Grenier falling victim to Tajiri's Buzzsaw Kick. La Resistance were eliminated. The Heart Throbs then took out William Regal with a double team, but turned straight into Tajiri's mist. Tajiri covered Romeo to eliminate The Heart Throbs at the 9 minute mark. Maven then came in, and with frequent tags to Simon Dean managed to isolate William Regal. Regal was able to get out of the predicament after a DDT on Maven. Tajiri got the tag, as did Dean. The Japanese Buzzsaw cleaned house and had the match won with the Buzzsaw Kick on Dean, but Maven interrupted the count. Regal tagged back in and everything broke down, a huge brawl erupted. Maven tossed Tajiri over the top rope before drilling Regal with a low blow while Simon Dean distracted the referee. Dean rolled up Regal and got the 3 count.

Winners: Simon System

Match Reaction = 66.0%

Match Quality = 65.5%

Overall Rating = 63.3%

Segment 4: Eddie's Highlight Reel

(6 Minutes)

Eddie Guerrero confidently walked down to the ring, which was set up as usual for The Highlight Reel. Guerrero mocked Jericho at the start of the segment, saying that he makes a better host than Jericho ever could. He then introduced his guest, a former World Heavyweight Champion and WrestleMania headliner - Chris Benoit. Benoit walked out to huge cheers. Guerrero said Benoit was a former World Heavyweight Champion and told him that Guerrero's title reign was much better than Benoit's. Eddie said the fans actually wanted to see Guerrero champion again and didn't give a crap about Benoit anymore. Benoit proved Guerrero wrong, holding a microphone to the crowd as an "Eddie Sucks!" chant started up after a "Benoit!" chant had faded out. Christian then appeared to loud boos, Tomko by his side. Captain Charisma and his Problem Solver entered the ring and dissed Benoit, proclaiming Christian was the star of the WWE and would be for many years to come. Benoit went to respond, but was jumped by Tomko. Christian and Tomko beat down Benoit as Guerrero just stood there, watching. Benoit was taken out with the Unprettier and left in a heap on the canvas.

Overall Rating = 79.9%

Segment 5: Vengeance Challenge

(3 Minutes)

As Guerrero just stood in the ring, watching Christian and Tomko celebrate their demolition of Benoit, Chris Jericho appeared on the Titan Tron. He grabbed Eddie's attention and said that no one could ever be a better host than Chris Jericho. He then challenged Guerrero to a match at Vengeance before promising revenge on Eddie.

Overall Rating = 84.2%

Segment 6: The Crippler versus The Captain

(2 Minutes)

Returning from commercial, we saw Chris Benoit burst into Eric Bischoff's office backstage. The Coach, who was in charge for the night was there. Benoit marched up to Coach, making him jump back onto the desk, and demanded a match with Christian at Vengeance. The Coach, possibly out of fright, accepted Benoit's request.

Overall Rating = 75.8%

Segment 7: Catfight

(3 Minutes)

Victoria made her way down to the ring and challenged Christy Hemme. Christy said last week that she was going to be out for 'vengeance' on Victoria. Christy answered the challenge quickly and after a brief exchange of bitchy comments, the two went at it catfight style - this pleased King very much. A hoard of referees rushed to the ring and eventually managed to break the divas up.

Overall Rating = 76.0%

Segment 8: Divas Will Clash At Vengeance

(1 Minute)

We went to the commentary table where Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler had just received word from The Coach's office that Christy and Victoria would meet one-on-one at Vengeance. The two commentators discussed the match, The King was very excited about it.

Overall Rating = 74.3%

Segment 9: Master Lock Challenge

(10 Minutes)

Chris Masters made his way out to the ring, a wad of cash in his trunks. He said that he showed how powerful the Master Lock is last week by making Viscera, of all people, pass out. He then re-opened the Master Lock challenge to any fan in Nebraska. He chose a medium-built guy from the front row and the challenge got underway. The fan was unable to break the hold, and Masters stood tall with victory once again.

Overall Rating = 58.4%

Segment 10: An Extreme Return

(6 Minutes)

As Masters celebrated in the ring and Jack Doan was seeing to the fan, Tommy Dreamer slid into the ring from seemingly out of nowhere. Masters turned to see Dreamer wallop a kendo stick over his head. Dreamer put the boots and fists to Masters before The Masterpiece was able to roll out of the ring and stagger back up the ramp. Dreamer stared down Masters from the ring.

Overall Rating = 63.4%

Segment 11: Smackdown! Rebound

(5 Minutes)

The Smackdown! Rebound was then shown. It included JBL walking out on his match with The Rock, and The Cabinet beating down Cena and Rock afterwards. Highlights from Mysterio versus Psychosis and Big Show versus Matt Morgan were also shown.

Overall Rating = 79.4%

Segment 12: Triple H Interview

(6 Minutes)

We saw Ric Flair backstage where all the interviews are usually done. Flair welcomed the crowd to RAW with a big "Woooooo!". He then introduced his guest, Triple H. The Game confidently walked into the picture and answered biased questions from Flair about Batista. He told Batista that The Game would be the one with his hand raised on Sunday.

Overall Rating = 97.3%

Segment 13: Rhyno vs. Muhammad Hassan w/Daivari

(10 Minutes)

Rhyno made a return to WWE television after a two month absence. The Man Beast started off the match well, drilling Hassan with a Gore early on, but Daivari pulled Hassan out of the ring to prevent a pin attempt. Rhyno went to work on Hassan on the outside, but a distraction by Daivari allowed Hassan to battle back. Back in the ring Hassan wore down Rhyno. A nice back suplex was followed by a missile dropkick and a 2 count. Rhyno reversed a suplex attempt and hung Hassan up on the top rope before driving his knee into Hassan, pushing him off of the apron. Rhyno dropped Hassan throat-first on the steel barrier before lining him up for a Gore in the ring. Daivari entered the ring and tried to protect Hassan, but Rhyno Gored the hell out of him. Hassan was able to get out of the way as Daivari rolled back outside, hurting. Hassan surprised Rhyno with the Modified STO and then locked the Man Beast in the Camel Clutch, forcing him to tap out. After the match, Hassan kept the hold on while Daivari screamed at Rhyno. Shelton Benjamin ran out to the ring, scaring off Hassan and hitting the T-Bone Suplex on Daivari. Hassan stared down Shelton, who held up the Intercontinental title in the ring.

Winner: Muhammad Hassan

Match Reaction = 73.4%

Match Quality = 71.8%

Overall Rating = 73.1%

Segment 14: Phenom Strikes Again

(5 Minutes)

Backstage we saw Jonathan Coachman in his office, shifting through some papers. All of a sudden the lights flickered out. The whole scene was pitch black but we could hear Coach shouting out, asking who turned the lights off and saying that there's been a powercut. The lights came back on shortly, shocking Coach. He turned around and saw The Undertaker standing in the far corner of the room. Scared, Coach tried to get out of the room, but the door was locked. 'Taker approached Coach and we went to a shot of the corridor outside the GM's office. We heard bumps and crashes from inside the room and moments later, the door was knocked down, Coach being thrown through it into the corridor. Coach crawled away slowly, beaten and bloody.

Overall Rating = 77.8%

Segment 15: Batista Interview.

(5 Minutes)

Jim Ross was in the ring with a microphone and introduced Batista. The World Heavyweight Champion was interviewed by J.R. about Vengeance and his upcoming title defense against Triple H in a Hell In A Cell match. Batista said that experience, while being a valuable thing to have, is not always a deciding factor. He said that he has the numbers, he's beaten The Game twice now, and after Sunday, he'll have beaten The Game three times.

Overall Rating = 78.3%

Segment 16: Main Event (Non-Title)

Batista vs. Edge w/Lita

(13 Minutes)

Edge made his way to the ring with Lita following Batista's interview. Triple H then appeared, locking sights with Batista. Edge attacked the World Heavyweight Champion from behind and the match began as The Game settled down with J.R. and The King for commentary. Batista dominated Edge early, forcing 'Mr Money In The Bank' to take a breather on the outside. Batista followed him out and slammed him face-first onto the security barrier. Lita grabbed a chair and threatened to hit Batista with it, but Batista snatched the chair away, scaring Lita around the other side of the ring. Edge took the opportunity to hit Batista with a low blow as the referee was having words with Lita. Edge took the action back to the ring and applied a rear chin lock to The Animal. Batista came rallying back and delivered a devastating spinebuster to Edge. He then signalled for the Batista Bomb, much to Triple H's disgust. Edge managed to flip out of the move though, landing on the referee. Edge then hit Batista with the Edgecution. Lita grabbed Edge's briefcase and slid it to him. As Edge was about to use it, the arena lights turned red and fire erupted from the corner posts. Kane then jumped the security barrier and climbed into the ring, ducking a shot with Edge's briefcase and laying him out with a Chokeslam, which set the corner posts alight again. Kane climbed out of the ring and watched Lita running away up the ramp. Batista then hit the Batista Bomb as the referee came to, just in time to count the 3.

After the match, Batista was attacked by Triple H and Edge. Kane came back into the ring and all four men started brawling. Edge ran away up the ramp with Kane following him as Triple H waffled Batista with the Pedigree in the ring. Triple H grabbed the World Heavyweight title and raised it above his head, standing over the fallen Batista.

Winner: Batista

Match Reaction = 78.2%

Match Quality = 71.8%

Overall Rating = 64.9%

Segment 17: Vengeance Hype

(9 Minutes)

A video package was played to finish off RAW. It highlighted each match to take place at Vengeance and hyped each one. The Hell In A Cell match between Triple H and Batista was the main focus of the video. The video ended with the image of Triple H and Batista going nose-to-nose.

Overall Rating = 84.2%

RAW Rating: 59.0%

Attendance: 8,408